Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Black and Blue

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Bannon said:

I certainly don't judge her more harshly (don't mean to imply you were saying I did), but she is the character I understand  least at this point. I think that's the major element to be addressed in the last 8 episodes.

I understand what you mean, but in general (not you in particular) I see more comments judging her very harshly. Maybe it’s because Mike, Gus and everyone on the cartel side are simply downright evil murderers, all for the cause of enriching themselves by making drugs that will ruin people and families. Kim, Jimmy, and Howard are all flawed, but not sociopathic killers, so that makes them more interesting and complex, and there’s more to delve into.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Penman61 said:

Lalo being buried in the superlab MIGHT EXPLAIN THE FLY OH MY GOD YOU GUYS

Honestly, I was thinking Lalo will be buried there, but he will be fly-less.

3 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I honestly think she’s not telling him about Mike and Lalo being alive because she doesn’t want to freak him out and trigger his PTSD from the desert, etc. She can be self serving but I don’t see it here. He’s excited about his new office and new practice and she doesn’t want to scare him right now. 

While I think she doesn't want him to worry, I also think she likes being the one with the sterner stuff. She thinks she can handle the knowledge about Lalo better than Jimmy can.

3 hours ago, dwmarch said:

When Lalo heard that the lawyers took all of Werner's files he repeated "lawyers" as if making a note to self to drop in on the ones he knows when he gets back to the States.

When he repeated "Lawyers," I think he was just mirroring Margareta's dislike of lawyers. Mirroring is a good technique to gain the other person's trust.

2 hours ago, Dev F said:

I think he assumes that Jimmy found out about Kim's meeting and decided to crash it without her knowledge.

I think Howard knows Jimmy and Kim are working together but that Jimmy is the bad influence on Kim and convinced her to play this part.

• Love 4

Questions...

Someone above mentioned they saw Gus' body double in the underground passage, I did not see this, can anyone else confirm a Gus look a like?

What does Lalo have to gain by going after Saul and Kim for the botched assignation attempt and why would he assume they knew about it. Obviously they didn't because Saul did not know until Mike made him aware of it on the day is was set to happen?  

Why is Gus still so worried? Nacho cleared Gus of having anything to do with the assassination attempt and Hector told him to chill without proof. Even knowing Lalo is alive it seems that the entire Nacho situation should at least make him a lil less paranoid because of Nachos confession. Wouldn't the Salamanca's certainly tell Lalo that Gus' men brought in Nacho and he confessed and cleared Gus?  I cant remember what the last killer confessed to Lalo at the very end of season 5 though

Side note besides the big Nacho death episode has those season been somewhat disappointing? I know there is a lot of TV left but these episodes just seem half ass written so far...

• Love 2

I’ve always liked Kim, but this Howard vendetta seems way too over the top. Living well is the best revenge, as they say. What she and Jimmy have done so far is enough to get them both disbarred, not to mention jail time. She’s risking her career, and for what? We know Jimmy can’t get more than another suspension, given that he’s practicing in BB. I don’t see any way for Kim to take the blame (if their plan blows up) to protect Jimmy since he did most of the dirty work.

On a related note, I wonder if the final shot of the bottle top lying in the gutter in the season opener was symbolic of Jimmy throwing Kim to the curb.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Penman61 said:

I definitely agree that Lalo is going to end up buried in the superlab. That is absolutely in line with Gus' character and his desire to exact revenge over all the Salamancas. It would give him satisfaction every time he goes to the lab, and I can easily imagine him telling Hector that he killed Lalo but not where his body is, just to further torture Hector. 

As for the fly . . . Gus is way too meticulous to not ensure Lalo is well sealed in the bowels of the lab!! 

But I like the way you think!! :-D 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, SailorGirl said:

As for the fly . . . Gus is way too meticulous to not ensure Lalo is well sealed in the bowels of the lab!! 

I refuse to have my mellow harshed at this major, major breaking discovery that links the BCS and BB universes. #MustCreditPenman61

• LOL 10
(edited)
7 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

I'll never understand why Saul chose to partake in fisticuffs with H. O. Ward, who was clearly in better shape and had spent time training.  Saul is a master at wiggling out of predicaments, but inside the squared ropes there is no escape. 

When you are taunted or challenged by someone who regards you as inferior, someone who has all the things you don't, it is difficult to walk away because in your heart you know it will be even harder to live with if you do.   Particularly if you have been told all your life to "act like a man."  A thrashing might last a few minutes, but shame and regret can last a lifetime.   Saul's decision to fight Howard may not have been logical, but he had to do it.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, Gobi said:

I’ve always liked Kim, but this Howard vendetta seems way too over the top. Living well is the best revenge, as they say. What she and Jimmy have done so far is enough to get them both disbarred, not to mention jail time. She’s risking her career, and for what? We know Jimmy can’t get more than another suspension, given that he’s practicing in BB. I don’t see any way for Kim to take the blame (if their plan blows up) to protect Jimmy since he did most of the dirty work.

Jimmy and Kim essentially wasted their late 20s and 30s trying to become partners at HHM. IMO, their motivation to hate Howard and the system (Schweikart, Davis & Main, Mesa Verde, etc) is logical. Obviously, they are willing to go much further with their revenge than ordinary people.

3 minutes ago, millennium said:

When you are taunted or challenged by someone who regards you as inferior, someone who has all the things you don't, it is difficult to walk away because in your heart you know it will be even harder to live with if you do.   Particularly if you have been told all your life to "act like a man."  A thrashing might last a few minutes, but shame and regret can last a lifetime.   Saul's decision to fight Howard may not have been logical, but he had to do it.

Agreed, well-said.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Penman61 said:

Detail watch: This episode showed that Gus's surveillance house is next door to his actual house, not across the street from it, right? Makes it much more believable; building a secret tunnel underneath a street, even a suburban neighborhood street, would be much, much harder than building one to the house on either side.

I agree Howard's "let's box it out, bro" was weird (to me), but makes sense for his character. But wouldn't a normal person--and a powerful attorney--just, you know, call the cops? The stuff Howard thinks Jimmy is doing to him are actual crimes, right? (Auto theft, stalking...impersonation?)

I was confused about the surveillance suite.  I rewatched the episode to see how it works.  It appears to be directly across the street from Gus’s house, according to the way the cameras in the surveillance room  are looking at the front view of the house.  Granted a tunnel underneath the street is highly unlikely.  Gus must have someone with the city water/sewer dept on payroll. 

When Gus returns home, he changes clothes (puts on dark grey shirt) and walks through the tunnel. He meets a younger man who has on a similarly colored shirt.  They are similar looking, but not very much a like.  I guess he could pass for Gus at a distance.

Did Jimmy wear gloves when he drove Howard’s car?   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, Gobi said:

On a related note, I wonder if the final shot of the bottle top lying in the gutter in the season opener was symbolic of Jimmy throwing Kim to the curb.

It doesn't seem impossible that Kim may just be in jail by the end of the season - or recently deceased.  They are playing fast and loose with the law and the cartel now.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Penman61 said:

46 minutes ago, SailorGirl said:

I definitely agree that Lalo is going to end up buried in the superlab. That is absolutely in line with Gus' character and his desire to exact revenge over all the Salamancas. It would give him satisfaction every time he goes to the lab, and I can easily imagine him telling Hector that he killed Lalo but not where his body is, just to further torture Hector. 

But I like the way you think!! :-D 

43 minutes ago, Penman61 said:

I refuse to have my mellow harshed at this major, major breaking discovery that links the BCS and BB universes. #MustCreditPenman61

While it looks like we will see Lalo in the lab I do appreciate the enthusiasm of the fly tie-in.

I'm still working on my Lydia Rodarte Quayle babydaddy theories and the latest involves her visiting Madrigal, ditching Herr Schuler for a night to meet with a Latin American fella at a disco. 

47 minutes ago, SimplexFish said:

Why is Gus still so worried? Nacho cleared Gus of having anything to do with the assassination attempt and Hector told him to chill without proof. Even knowing Lalo is alive it seems that the entire Nacho situation should at least make him a lil less paranoid because of Nachos confession. Wouldn't the Salamanca's certainly tell Lalo that Gus' men brought in Nacho and he confessed and cleared Gus?  I cant remember what the last killer confessed to Lalo at the very end of season 5 though.

Well, Lalo's mission was always to take down the "Chicken Man", so even if Lalo now believes Gus was not involved Lalo will continue to attempt to sabotage his business. And Gus leaves nothing to chance.

If memory serves, the last assasin with the radio didn't name anyone - he only did what Lalo asked, which was to lie that the mission was accomplished. 

• Love 5

I forgot to mention that the robotic food prep scene at LPH was also overdone.  I am virtually certain TPTB wanted to evoke a training video precision.  For sure, Gus would strive for that type of labor output.  But, most especially, the girl turning the tortillas was well beyond being careful.  I absolutely looooooved, however, Gus upselling the specially seasoned fries!  Could you refuse such an offer?!

I think Lalo made a cold calculation as to sparing Margerithe.  My God, after what he did to the goat owners?  

I wonder about her being even a wee bit loose-tongued with a perfect stranger, given what happened.  How many countless warnings was she given by Werner to keep her trap shut and not question his decisions? 

I'd bet money that Hector "knows" that Gus was behind everything the same way Gus "knew" Lalo had not yet taken his dirt nap.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Constantinople said:

I don't know if Kim and Jimmy's scheme to force a quick settlement on Sandpiper will work, but they come off as bigger shit birds than before. That extra money might pay for a sizeable chunk of the attorneys fees and costs, maybe all of it.

5 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

It pained me to see all of those older people falling for Howard’s polished, smarmy, disingenuous BS about the Sandpiper case. Sure, you’re not holding out for more money, you’re doing it to help people, to stick it to those corporate cheats. Give me a fucking break.

But they are still manipulating the residents to go the way the firm wants, not necessarily what's best for the residents. Those were legitimate concerns raised, but Howard gave no specific answer. He didn't go through how much they could expect (even a ballpark) now versus later, or how long later is, or how much more the firm might be getting to wait it out. Those are things the residents should know do THEY can make an intelligent choice, versus being schmoozed by Howard.

3 hours ago, chick binewski said:

One thing I did like this episode was Howard speaking to the residents of Sandpiper. Engaging with everyone and charming them - just like Jimmy.

And just like Lalo.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

I absolutely looooooved, however, Gus upselling the specially seasoned fries!  Could you refuse such an offer?!

If Gus tried to sell me some fries, I'd be scared shitless and would buy them even if I didn't want to.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2

I wanted to remind myself of the scene where Lalo talks to Werner on the phone, so I rewatched that ep. Of course I didn't know him at the time, but I was surprised that Fred of Travel Wire was played by the current SNL cast member who does a great Trump impression, James Austin Johnson.

• Useful 4

There's no way that Gus tells Hector that he killed Lalo or that he is under the superlab (if that happens). For one simple reason.

In Breaking Bad, when the cousins arrive looking for Walter to avenge Tuco, remember how they met with Gus, who explained that the person who really killed Tuco was Hank? The cousins at least showed enough respect to Fring that they were in his territory. Had they had even the faintest inkling that Gus killed Lalo, their 'sangre por sangre' would not have allowed them to leave the Chicken Man alive for even a second.

Consider that other than Hector, no one knows that Lalo is alive - not even the cousins - and I don't believe Lalo will risk contacting Hector again until he has the 'prueba' that was demanded.

Major predictions: Lalo does detective work in Germany and gets tipped off by one of Werner's guys. Said guy might even be working for Madrigal GmbH at this point! Through Madrigal, Lalo could find out all sorts of wonderful information - perhaps by charming Lydia briefly?

However he does it, Lalo ends up finding the superlab under the laundry purchased by Madrigal and somehow traceable to Gus and Lydia. He goes there to get his 'prueba', and ends up dead by Fring's pistol in the dark. Mike and Gus go to great lengths to put the dead body somewhere far, far away from Albuquerque so that there's absolutely no trace back to them. Perhaps even Peru or something like that, where Gus likely has links, and that would lend credence to Nacho's story of working with the Peruvian cartel. Then it would be relatively simple for Gus to visit Hector with a news clipping or something like that, shifting all the blame down to South America via Nacho.

Heck, the story could even make the Albuquerque newspapers, where Saul Goodman spots it - and then question Kim Wexler why she never told him that Lalo was still alive....

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I was confused about the surveillance suite.  I rewatched the episode to see how it works.  It appears to be directly across the street from Gus’s house, according to the way the cameras in the surveillance room  are looking at the front view of the house.  Granted a tunnel underneath the street is highly unlikely.  Gus must have someone with the city water/sewer dept on payroll. 

I think a few of the surveillance cameras are across the street from the Gus house. Which makes sense, because you need to see the front door, driveway, etc.

But early in this episode, there was a tracking shot that went directly from Gus's house to the surveillance house without crossing a street. (Granted, it was a night shot, so something might not have been visible to me.) It's possible the surveillance house is behind instead of beside Gus's house, but there was no street in between that I saw.

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, millennium said:

I don’t think Jimmy wants to be Howard at all. But I agree that his pride made him fight.

• Love 1

Gus ķnows thar Lalo knows that Gus is up to something big, behind Eladio's back. If Lalo gets evidence of a concealed lab being built, that means open war with Eladio, and Gus is not yet ready for that. Gus is nervous as long as Lalo lives. I'm a little surprised that Gus and Mike haven't asked themselves, " Are there any leads that Lalo can run down in Germany, given what he learned about Ziegler?". Come to think of it, since he had complete access to the records of the wire transaction to Ziegler from his wife, would he not have gained to the Ziegler's address in Germany?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I rewatched part of the S4 finale since it relates to Lalo's visit to Germany in this episode.

After Lalo kills Fred at the TravelWire we can see some kind of money transfer invoice next to Lalo while he's playing the video camera footage. The invoice has Werner's name as the recipient and Margarethe's as the sender. It also has the line "Country of Origin", though we don't see the country name (the invoice also had a test question. " What type of pet do you have?" Answer: Dog)

Later, when Lalo calls Werner on the phone and pretends to be working for Gus, Werner mentions Kai's name, right before Mike grabbed the phone out of Werner's hand. Werner only mentioned Kai's first name, and Lalo asked Wenger to repeat himself because Lalo didn't "get the last part". But perhaps something will trigger Lalo's memory.

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Charming them with sleazy BS. But yes, much like Jimmy.

2 hours ago, Ailianna said:

And just like Lalo.

I am in the small crowd that does not find any of Lalo's moves charming. I think he leads with manipulation and is devoid of making any kind of connection - even when he's threatening someone directly he's the serial killer who's not regarding his target as a person.

I liked the Sandpiper scene so much bc I think both Jimmy and Howard were making a sincere connection during their first interactions with the residents. Jimmy wanted money in his pocket and Howard is HHM's salesman, but even though they were working in their own self-interests neither one of them were actually lying (at first). 

I think there is a way the two approach people that is similar (like when Howard checked in with the parking attendant's studies) and I find it interesting considering their rank in their own families.

• Love 6
(edited)

Gus is amazing. While scrubbing tile, he worked out one possible outcome, and hid a gun in the secret lab. I love that character. 

Then we saw he was right.

Lalo and Gus are arch nemeses. And they know it. Both are meticulous, clever and think things out in advance. They also know that really, the only enemy they need to worry about is each other. They are intertwined. And i want to see what ultimately gives Gus the edge. Knowing this show, it will be something completely random.

Edited by Ottis
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Constantinople said:

I rewatched part of the S4 finale since it relates to Lalo's visit to Germany in this episode.

After Lalo kills Fred at the TravelWire we can see some kind of money transfer invoice next to Lalo while he's playing the video camera footage. The invoice has Werner's name as the recipient and Margarethe's as the sender. It also has the line "Country of Origin", though we don't see the country name (the invoice also had a test question. " What type of pet do you have?" Answer: Dog)

Later, when Lalo calls Werner on the phone and pretends to be working for Gus, Werner mentions Kai's name, right before Mike grabbed the phone out of Werner's hand. Werner only mentioned Kai's first name, and Lalo asked Wenger to repeat himself because Lalo didn't "get the last part". But perhaps something will trigger Lalo's memory.

Having the 1st and last names, and approximate ages, of a married couple, and profession of one of the two, would make a search pretty easy, especially given that with a name like "Ziegler", and a profession like structural engineering/advanced commercial construction, along with the accent, a smart person would start in Germany.

I'm surprised that Gus and Mike haven't thought of this, to the point that I think Gus did, when getting the bathroom grout to his standards. I think he might find a way to make a peace offering to Lalo, still claiming the Peruvians ordered the hit. He'll somehow let Lalo find out about the lab (Lalo will never believe the Peruvian lie), thus triggering Lalo's greed, since he'd like to end dependence on Eladio as well. Gus is going to let Lalo "force" Gus to bring Lalo to the lab, and Gus is going to finish the job himself.

Or I have it completely wrong, of course.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

From Vulture:

The show could have staged a shorter scene before Cliff confronts Howard about his supposed vices, but it’s important that we hear Howard’s full speech to his elderly clients, who are growing restless over the timetable of the Sandpiper suit. (“Some of us don’t have a protracted timeline.”) Howard assures them that “This isn’t about money, it’s about people” and that he “wants to live in a world where people can trust each other,” but it’s nonsense. He wants a bigger payday. And Jimmy and Kim are wanting to bring the suit to a close as quickly as possible so these retirees won’t be dead before it’s resolved. Speedy justice, the Saul Goodman way.

https://www.vulture.com/article/better-call-saul-season-6-ep-5-recap-black-and-blue.html#comments

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Constantinople said:

That made me wonder. I forget the model of Howard's car, but it's an expensive model. Would it have some kind of tracking device that shows where it's been? The kind used to prevent car theft and to recover stolen vehicles? Could it show where the car was when Howard was in therapy?

I keep asking during most of these scenes ,Does no one have any  security cameras around the buildings??? Or for that matter, you'd think Margarita would have a security alarm on her cave. 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

From Vulture:

The show could have staged a shorter scene before Cliff confronts Howard about his supposed vices, but it’s important that we hear Howard’s full speech to his elderly clients, who are growing restless over the timetable of the Sandpiper suit. (“Some of us don’t have a protracted timeline.”) Howard assures them that “This isn’t about money, it’s about people” and that he “wants to live in a world where people can trust each other,” but it’s nonsense. He wants a bigger payday. And Jimmy and Kim are wanting to bring the suit to a close as quickly as possible so these retirees won’t be dead before it’s resolved. Speedy justice, the Saul Goodman way.

https://www.vulture.com/article/better-call-saul-season-6-ep-5-recap-black-and-blue.html#comments

I'd say Vulture has made Saul and Kim's motives rather more noble than they actually are.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Bannon said:

I'd say Vulture has made Saul and Kim's motives rather more noble than they actually are.

Only slightly better than Howard and Cliff’s motive, lol.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Only slightly better than Howard and Cliff’s motive, lol.

Yeah, none of the lawyers in the Sandpiper lawsuit have remotely noble motivations. That's neither surprising or disappointing. The entire purpose of a civil justice system is to allow citizens to resolve disputes, regardless of whether anyone is possessed of any nobility.

5 minutes ago, Bannon said:

Yeah, none of the lawyers in the Sandpiper lawsuit have remotely noble motivations. That's neither surprising or disappointing. The entire purpose of a civil justice system is to allow citizens to resolve disputes, regardless of whether anyone is possessed of any nobility.

Agreed. Still mildly sleazy for Howard (or Cliff) not to spell out what the different choices are for the class action members. Howard was faux charming and misleading about not being self-serving. 

No nobility requirement, sure, but definitely as sleazy—and more consequential—as anything Jimmy/Saul has done to this point. Just slicker.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Penman61 said:

Agreed. Still mildly sleazy for Howard (or Cliff) not to spell out what the different choices are for the class action members. Howard was faux charming and misleading about not being self-serving. 

No nobility requirement, sure, but definitely as sleazy—and more consequential—as anything Jimmy/Saul has done to this point. Just slicker.

To be fair, nobody would watch a show that portrayed civil litigation fully and accurately. The writers really don't have the time to show Howard going through the numbers. I'm going to assume that the Sandpiper clients aren't so uniformly timid that none of them would ask to see such a breakdown of specific alternatives, or that Howard and Cliff aren't so dumb as to have such a low estimation of their clients as to not offer one unprompted. Therefore, I'd still day Jimmy/Saul have been a lot more sleazy.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Dessert said:

I think the thing that happened in this episode that doesn’t bode well for Howard is his decision to have the PI follow Jimmy. Mike’s men are already watching them, looking for signs of Lalo. When they see this guy, they may think he’s working for Lalo and do something to him, or even to Howard. 

It depends on when Lalo is (likely) killed.  If he's killed relatively quickly, it might end up working like a swap out where Kim assumes the tail is one of Mike's guys (if she's even followed.) If he continues to live, then I would assume the PI will get exposed.

15 hours ago, Penman61 said:

Also: Howard DOES know Kim is involved with Jimmy's schemes because Cliff told him Kim arranged the lunch where Cliff would see the staged Wendy expulsion.

Maybe.  Howard might also assume that Jimmy knew when Kim was having lunch with Cliff and took advantage. 

10 hours ago, Ed- said:

Jimmy and Kim essentially wasted their late 20s and 30s trying to become partners at HHM.

Jimmy had no chance of becoming a partner at HHM because he wasn't hired there as an attorney and it was directly related to his relationship with his brother.  It had nothing to do with the system trying to keep him out.

On the other hand, I think  Howard had every intention of making Kim partner at some point and she did make it at the other firm.  I don't think that's what's driving her. 

And honestly, I don't think it's what's driving Jimmy either.  I think Jimmy likes his silly games with Howard.  The darker stuff is motivated by his love for Kim.

6 hours ago, chick binewski said:

I liked the Sandpiper scene so much bc I think both Jimmy and Howard were making a sincere connection during their first interactions with the residents. Jimmy wanted money in his pocket and Howard is HHM's salesman, but even though they were working in their own self-interests neither one of them were actually lying (at first).

IA with this. I found it was interesting that Howard and Cliff faced clients who were getting impatient waiting for their money while Jimmy wanted to convince litigants who were okay with waiting.  Each faced clients who wanted the opposite of what they wanted.

I think that's the part that is missing from the discussion.  It's a class action suit and people are going to have different priorities.  Some members of the lawsuit are going to want their money now so they can use it.  Others already have it earmarked for their estate/heirs and are fine with going for the bigger payout. There's no right answer to settling vs not settling.

Part of Howard's job as lead attorney is to keep people in the lawsuit and smooth out those warring priorities. 

Otherwise, Erin did share that members who are dead set on settling now can find their own attorney. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Here is an insightful episode review.  He points out that the alarm clock, upside down, says "LIE".  Which refers to Kim not telling Saul that Lalo is alive.     

He also says that when Gus suggested the spice curls, it got him thinking that Lalo would go to Germany to get proof.  This makes sense since Gus zoned out after making the suggestion.    

This show is so cryptic.  I'm glad there are smart people out there to figure things out for me.  

Edited by PeterPirate
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6

Another throw away episode! In fact, this whole season is not up to snuff. If it weren't for the incredible portrayals by Mike and "The Chicken Guy" this would not be worth watching and at this point, I have to now see how they tie it all up but I haven't been thrilled.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, PeterPirate said:

Here is an insightful episode review.  He points out that the alarm clock, upside down, says "LIE".  Which refers to Kim not telling Saul that Lalo is alive.     

He also says that when Gus suggested the spice curls, it got him thinking that Lalo would go to Germany to get proof.  This makes sense since Gus zoned out after making the suggestion.    

This show is so cryptic.  I'm glad there are smart people out there to figure things out for me.  

Very good insight!  Man, I miss a lot of stuff.  

• Love 2
On 5/10/2022 at 11:13 AM, SimplexFish said:

I wonder how Lalo would have handled the situation if she did have invited him into her cave for the night?

I was worried that Lalo would kill the dog, Little Bear.  That was tense.

• Love 1
(edited)

I am glad that Howard figured out pretty quickly who has been behind all the recent weirdness in his life, but he's only half right. Saul might be messing with him, but Kim is the one who has this bone deep hatred of him, like he's become the personification of all the people she has hated over the years. Even Saul has clearly been taken aback by how far she is willing to push this vendetta. Plus, as we've said many times, Kim might still say that she's doing all this in the name of the little guy, but its obviously not about them anymore, its all because she loves the rush. I felt bad seeing her having lunch with her old collogue who clearly respects Kim and was happy that Kim wanted to hang out with her, while Kim clearly just wants more dirt, even as she preens a bit at the praise she got for "fighting for the little guy." 

Saul and Howard boxing was a bit hilarious, it was just so random. I guess Howard figured that, after trying to reason with Saul or deal with things like lawyers, he decided that the only way to deal with someone as ridiculous as Saul is to be ridiculous right back, while also reminding Saul that, as much as he tries to pettily dick with him, he will always be the guy who comes out on top.

I was so relieved that the widow Ziegler and Little Bear didn't get killed, I was really worried for a minute there. Pretty impressive that Lalo managed to find her, considering how common a name Werner Ziegler is in Germany, but I guess he has his ways. Lalo sometimes gets some of that "cant be stopped all knowing supervillain" edit at times, although I am sure that his time is running short now that he and Gus are coming to blows. 

I always love seeing more of Los Pollos Hermanos, I went there a few years ago while I was on vacation in New Mexico. Its actually a restaurant called Twisters, a fast food chain out of New Mexico, its a cool stop. They are mostly just a regular fast food joint but with the Los Pollos Hermanos sign from the show on the wall when you walk in and the booth where they shot most of the dramatic meetings between Gus and Walt is roped off so that you can take pictures. The food was quite tasty, I think Gus would approve of its quality.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, monakane said:

My experience with small, feisty dogs like that is that they don’t cease barking at a stranger, regardless.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, monakane said:

11 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

My experience with small, feisty dogs like that is that they don’t cease barking at a stranger, regardless.  

As a lifelong dachshund mom, I was worried for Little Bear, too! And, again, as a lifelong dachshund mom, I was very surprised at how quickly Little Bear stopped barking. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I have a small, fiesty pug and he never barks.  His name is also Bear.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, carrps said:

And, again, as a lifelong dachshund mom, I was very surprised at how quickly Little Bear stopped barking. 

43 minutes ago, monakane said:

I have a small, fiesty pug and he never barks.  His name is also Bear.

There we have the two extremes in the "little dog" category.  Most lists have Pugs as, "least likely to bite," and Dachshunds  as, not only a big barker but, "most aggressive". My vet has to use welder's gloves to handler my Dachshund and his receptionist said she knew who was coming because she could hear the barking from across the parking lot.  I wouldn't have any other breed.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

A dachshund took a bite out of my little brother when we were kids. Not too serious, but we give the breed plenty of distance now. Lol. When Lalo reached in to pet Bear….I was surprised.  

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

There we have the two extremes in the "little dog" category.  Most lists have Pugs as, "least likely to bite," and Dachshunds  as, not only a big barker but, "most aggressive". My vet has to use welder's gloves to handler my Dachshund and his receptionist said she knew who was coming because she could hear the barking from across the parking lot.  I wouldn't have any other breed.

LOL! I know exactly what you mean. One of my previous dachshunds was notorious at the vet. She was a rescue and had issues, and she was a freaking snapping turtle. The vet techs would display their scars as battle trophies.

She was very sweet and cuddly with me, but a one woman dog for sure.

• Love 2