Type keyword(s) to search

Troppo - General Discussion

• Start Topic

FQU_bH0XMAYcdLO?format=jpg&name=large

Troppo is an Australian TV drama series which premiered in Australia on ABC TV on February 27, 2022. The series will be available for viewing in the U.S. on May 20, 2022 on Amazon Freevee (formerly IMDB tv) and Prime Video.  All 8 episodes will be released all at once.          

FQUqNMuXsAE_1Ub?format=jpg&name=large

Troppo is based on the book Crimson Lake by Candice Fox. This Australian crime show about a former police officer, Ted Conkaffey, on the run after being  accused of a harrowing crime he didn’t commit. While trying to avoid discovery in the tropical wilderness of Far North Queensland, Ted gets drawn into the investigation of a grisly murder and a missing person case, involving a Korean tech pioneer, by Amanda, a local woman with a newly formed private investigation agency, with her own criminal past that she would prefer remained secret. 

Nicole Chamoun plays Amanda Pharrell, an eccentric private investigator looking for to help her solve her first real case.
Thomas Jane plays Ted Conkaffey, an ex-police officer. 
David Lyons plays Damford.
Peta Wilson plays Eve
Sun Park plays Yoon Sun
Yerin Ha plays Ah Rah
Ling Cooper Tang plays Hench
Kate Beahan plays Olivia
Cramer Cain plays Wayne
Angela Punch McGregor plays Dr. Val
Damien Garvey plays Roy
Josh Helman plays Bryce
Radha Mitchell plays Kelly

Troppo         May 20      Amazon Freevee/Prime Video       

Episodes 1-8        Titles and Descriptions

Spoiler

S01.E01: A Croc & A Hard Place
71fJ+pmP58L._SX536_.jpg
Infamous teen murderer-turned private investigator, Amanda Pharrell, recruits disgraced ex-cop, Ted Conkaffey, to help her solve her first real case: the disappearance of a tech mastermind.
Amanda Pharrell, an eccentric private investigator with a disturbing criminal past, recruits disgraced ex-cop Ted Conkaffey, to help solve the disappearance of a Korean tech pioneer.
FMl9v4NWQAA2qHX?format=jpg&name=4096x409

S01.E02: I'm Sorry
71n9vVpIQiL._SX536_.jpg
Ted and Amanda's hard work leads to Jong Min's remains being found in the river. Amanda is convinced there's a link between this death, and that of her friend Lars.
DR2007Q002S00_61ee1b3489e19_1920.jpg

S01.E03: Nasty Little Threads 
91HK6pMto7L._SX536_.jpg
A shocking revelation of an affair leads Amanda and Ted to focus their attention on Yoon Sun and Olivia as prime suspects, while Ted is confronted to discover his past is still very much in the present.
DR2007Q003S00_61ee1b408fcd8_1920.jpg

S01.E04: Strange Affairs 
615EwKL8ogL._SX536_.jpg
More of Jong Min's remains are recovered, leading Ted and Amanda's investigation down a darker path, just as Ted receives bombshell news from home. 
FQYofl1XoAYZLRC?format=jpg&name=large

S01.E05: I'm Right Here
61J9gXG5fvL._SX536_.jpg
Amanda is shocked to discover the attack on Ted, and is determined to find the culprit.
FQYofl2WYAQp21s?format=jpg&name=900x900

S01.E06: Venomous 
711xFgP7g+L._SX536_.jpg
A major breakthrough in the investigation is threatened when Amanda's past erupts into the present. 
DR2007Q006S00_61ee06083d43f.jpg

S01.E07: This Is Who I Am
61Iip+vH4sL._SX536_.jpg
Amanda takes a huge risk playing Twist and Bryce off against each other, and uncovers the truth about Lars' death.
FQYofmKXoAwj7Km?format=jpg&name=900x900

S01.E08: Unmasked
(Series Finale)

Uncovering the truth about Park's death brings little comfort for Ted and Amanda; but Ted's digging into Amanda's past finally pays off, and she is able to confront her demons.  
DR2007Q008S00_61ee1b6c65834_1920.jpg

20 hours ago, VegetasMom said:

I binged it yesterday; it was pretty good.  Since it's based on a book, I'm guessing there won't be a second season?  Unless there is a book series.

I just watched a few episodes.  Trying to pace myself, as I’m also watching Bosch the Legacy.  It has a Bosch vibe imo.  

This is the second Australian drama I’ve liked, but they don’t seem to be very popular around here.  The other one was called Bloom.  I never saw a thread for it around here.  

Okay, so I finished with the series.  It wasn’t all that satisfying, though it wasn’t terrible.  I think the show has some issues though.  They seem to present Amanda as a private investigator, but it’s not likely she would be able to get a license in Queensland due to her past.  Plus, she would be required to work with an agency under someone else in the beginning.  Her biddy wouldn’t qualify either.  But, even if you put that aside, there’s other issues.  

What scientist or engineer thinks they can destroy content on their computer by spilling water on the keyboard?  Lol. There were so many things like that…..I also found Amanda’s self loathing excruciatingly painful.  It was just too much.  It’s probably a good thing there doesn’t appear to be a second season.  

I almost didn't watch it based solely on that promo photo which put me off rather than interest me.  I decided to look it up anyway and when I found it was an Australian mystery series I gave it a chance.  It's not the best I've ever seen but definitely not the worst.  Figured what Amanda's story was early on but the show kept my interest.  Hope there will be more based on the other books in the series.  

Really dislike the way Amazon Prime has shoved shows off into this commercial version where we're forced to watch ads despite Prime going up in cost.

Season 2 of Tropical Noir ‘Troppo,’ Starring Thomas Jane, Nicole Chamoun, Wraps in Australia, Leonine Selling at Mipcom

Season 2 of Troppo has just wrapped filming in Australia.

Six months on, Ted (Thomas Jane) and Amanda (Nicole Chamoun) investigate a bizarre local murder and an exotic drug ring, whilst Amanda tangles with an old enemy and a new love, and Ted’s past stalks him and his family to Crimson Lake – with deadly consequences.