Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E16: Should I Stay or Should I Go

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

As for Winston’s dumbass brother: it irritated the hell out of me when he was telling Winston that he HAD to help him because they’re family. No, he damn well doesn’t HAVE TO. I guess I read too many advice columns, because I’m so sick of all the people who think they’re entitled to someone else’s money (or time) because they’re related. This guy did something incredibly stupid. The last thing Winston should do is enable him. Let him suffer the consequences of his own damn actions. And if $10,000 was his entire life savings, he’s not the businessman he pretends to be.

He insisted Winston had to convince the hospital to buy the monitors….way to kill people.

And he saw the demo on the internet?   If the monitors were any good, the manufacturer would be selling them for big bucks and cleaning up.  Selling that many to some unknown guy from the internet….why would a legit company do this?

As for Winston and the hospital purchasing department in general…did no one think of googling this “innovation”?   Surely there would be a lot of information available about this “game changer” in patient monitoring.  

And the $10,000 wasn’t his life savings. He “borrowed” it and not from a legit bank. I’m sure he also told them about his brother the doctor to convince them he could sell the monitors.  He might even have implied they were partners, so Winston should be worried about having his hands broken if the bill isn’t paid…. Unless Grey’s doesn’t both following through.  

• Love 3
22 hours ago, toomuchtv said:

At least she’s dating someone who isn’t a doctor and doesn’t work at that hospital! 

Which is exactly why the relation will implode and we'll end up with a Jo/Link/Amelia/Kai love dodecahedron from hell which will end in everybody from Minnesota being dropped and forgotten about and Linc/Amelia back together with Jo sidelined with no best friend or love interest.

• Love 6

Yea it was really annoying how Winston’s brother said he had to help him or had to pay back the $10K loan like no he fucking doesn’t lol. His brother seems like a complete moron but he’s pretty hot so he can stick around for a bit lol.

• LOL 5
19 minutes ago, Marley said:

Yea it was really annoying how Winston’s brother said he had to help him or had to pay back the $10K loan like no he fucking doesn’t lol. His brother seems like a complete moron but he’s pretty hot so he can stick around for a bit lol.

Depends on what kind of guarantees he gave the loan sharks. If he made it seem like Winston was part of the plan…and Winstbeing a doctor who presumably has some money…he might be at risk, physically, if the money isn’t repaid.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Marley said:

His brother seems like a complete moron but he’s pretty hot so he can stick around for a bit lol.

Yeah, he's dumb as a box of rocks but I'd like him to stick around just for eye candy.

• Love 3

Wasn't there also a time jump on this show?  I think Leo should be at least 5, maybe?

I don't really find Owen to be any worse than most of the other characters, so I don't hate him like most people do, but I do find it odd that he's the voice of reason here.  The male military soldier is the one who's cool with his son doing whatever he wants, but the bisexual woman is not?  Bad writing.  Though, I hate Teddy, so I don't care that she's continuing to be horrible.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I’ve found Owen more bearable in recent seasons but to be honest I think that’s maybe because Teddy is just so fucking awful next to him that the only way for him Is up.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
On 5/7/2022 at 10:45 AM, Madding crowd said:

Not sure why Meredith gets all these guys falling for her she is not a nice person. 

She's REALLY good in bed. Men put up with her shit cuz -- dayam! she uses her mouth and her body in ways that blow their little minds.

^that's my story and I'm sticking to it   :-)

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 5/8/2022 at 9:05 AM, Amazee-Dayzee said:

Which is exactly why the relation will implode and we'll end up with a Jo/Link/Amelia/Kai love dodecahedron from hell which will end in everybody from Minnesota being dropped and forgotten about and Linc/Amelia back together with Jo sidelined with no best friend or love interest.

That sounds like some delusional Amelink fans’ dream. Amelink is done, move on. If anything Link would be written off soon. 

Winston's dumbass brother can go away at any time. I can see why Winston doesn't trust him; he's a scammer and a liar. Honestly, Winston shouldn't be bailing him out of this, because that's a LOT of money his brother invested in without looking into the product he was trying to sell. And demanding help because "we're family" is not a good enough reason to help. You want help? You ask, not demand.

Seeing Addison again was great. Her shutting down the petty bullshit was also great, although I didn't love her kind of siding with Richard. No, he definitely shouldn't be trying the Webber Method again. 

I gotta say, I haven't really liked Meredith in a long, long time. I haven't really rooted for her in years. But damn if I wasn't cheering her on in her end scene. Even if it was more Ellen Pompeo speaking (Meredith hadn't had that much emotion in her scenes in ages), it was still satisfying to hear. Too bad she's kind of giving in for now, but I'm totally for Meredith leaving by next season. 

Ah, Nico, ever the asshole. Why does he continue to stick around, again? Does the show KNOW how bad Nico is or do they just not care? 

Catherine, as usual, is awful. Bailey...isn't necessarily wrong about needing to take a vacation to avoid stressing herself out, but does she even have a plan on who's gonna be her interim chief while she's gone for a few days? 

The Leo stuff is alright, but it is weird to see Teddy so opposed to Leo's gender fluidity and Owen so for it. I guess I should be glad it's not Owen who's the jackass in this scenario, but it makes me not want Teddy/Owen scenes at all.

Link can go jump off a cliff now. He now joins a whole bunch of characters on the Characters I Never Want To See Again list.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Catherine, as usual, is awful. Bailey...isn't necessarily wrong about needing to take a vacation to avoid stressing herself out, but does she even have a plan on who's gonna be her interim chief while she's gone for a few days? 

I would argue that to an extent, coverage is not completely Bailey's problem. What if she had another heart attack tomorrow or tested positive for Covid? The hospital/Fox Foundation would have to figure it out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

@Lady Calypso, I could not upvote your post enough times to do it justice. What is wrong with these people? (And by that I mean the producers and the writers).

1 hour ago, anna0852 said:

I would argue that to an extent, coverage is not completely Bailey's problem. What if she had another heart attack tomorrow or tested positive for Covid? The hospital/Fox Foundation would have to figure it out.

A good leader has a plan for coverage if she gets sick or has an emergency. There should be someone designated who can take over to run the show if Bailey temporarily can't.

Bailey spent the last few episodes demanding favours because she's the boss, and when it doesn't work out the way she wants, she packs up and walks away leaving the deluge to come after her. Why should I respect this woman again much less root for her?

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Bailey spent the last few episodes demanding favours because she's the boss, and when it doesn't work out the way she wants, she packs up and walks away leaving the deluge to come after her. Why should I respect this woman again much less root for her?

She also, very recently, passed off her duties to Owen for a day when she needed a break. So are we heading toward Bailey stepping down as Chief? Because it feels like she doesn't want to be Chief anymore OR it's simply too stressful now for her to handle on her own.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

good leader has a plan for coverage if she gets sick or has an emergency. There should be someone designated who can take over to run the show if Bailey temporarily can't

This annoys me so much. They act like it’s something to be proud of that they’re so badly organised that there’s no cover or anyone else to do the job if they’re not around. It’s so embarrassing. 

• Love 4

1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

And what about vacations?   Who covers when Bailey has scheduled time off?

Or just...the hours she's not at work? I know these people work ridiculous hours, but even they aren't at the hospital 24/7. Someone has to be in charge when her shift is over.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

She also, very recently, passed off her duties to Owen for a day when she needed a break. So are we heading toward Bailey stepping down as Chief? Because it feels like she doesn't want to be Chief anymore OR it's simply too stressful now for her to handle on her own.

It seems like Weber is the only one who has enjoyed being Chief. Everyone else gets tired of it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Or just...the hours she's not at work? I know these people work ridiculous hours, but even they aren't at the hospital 24/7. Someone has to be in charge when her shift is over.

Shouldnt her job be a standard 9-5 while the heads of her departments work the crazy hours? 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Avabelle said:
3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Shouldnt her job be a standard 9-5 while the heads of her departments work the crazy hours? 

For whatever it's worth, and I can only speak from my experience, but department chairs normally don't work crazy hours -- at least, not at the actual hospital. They may do work when they are at home, but save for super high-level meetings that demand you be there (and can last for 2 or 3 hours), which is normally a monthly meeting, department chairs don't have long shifts. Usually. That's the bonus of being a chair. The only time Bailey would need someone to "cover" her would be if she was supposed to be on-call for a shift, which even departments chiefs/chairs still have to do on a somewhat regular basis. Then again, this fucking show confuses Chief of Staff with Chief of Surgery, so who the hell knows?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I may be going against the trend, but I liked this episode.  Possibly because of Addison, but also possibly I skipped the Owen/Teddy bs about Leo after they did the daycare drop off scene and some of the stuff with Winston's dumbass brother.  I need to add, I did skip the Schmidt and whatever his name is scene at the end too, because while Schmidt annoys the heebie jeebies out of me, his boyfriend is FAR worse!  (I enjoyed the maybe 35 minutes I did watch :D )

I loved the way Addison breezed in and called everyone on their stupidness was brilliant.  She was a fresh breath of air for sure.  I wish there was some continuity with storylines though.  I know Derek used to call Richard his mentor early on in the piece, but at the same time, we knew he trained (as well as Addison and Mark) in NYC, but Richard has always said he did his residency at SG and then came back straight afterwards and hadn't left.  They never explained how Richard became his mentor as far as I know, and I may be a bit crazy, but I have watched from the beginning at least 5 times. Is this just another thing that was needed for the storyline, like the hip transplant that happened randomly at some stage in Boston?  

Despite saying what I said earlier, Schmidt didn't annoy me much this episode, probably because there was very little interaction between him and Helmouth and Cyclone Addison was calling it as it played in the OR.  He was sweet at the end with the patient, praying with her.  

I like Jo's new man, how they will keep him in the show, I have no idea, I liked Henry with Teddy and I am guessing it ran down the path that it was just to difficult to come up with a storyline.  I felt for Jo, needing to choose general over obgyn.  It was a tough choice.  Link, meanwhile, is becoming a douche.  I seriously expected fireworks between Link and Owen in the OR with Amelia.  Surely, working with two ex-husbands would have been challenging.  I don't recall seeing Owen and Link in an OR together much.  At least some more Amelia action would have been good.  Especially with Addison.

I love seeing Maggie and Winston together, Maggie evolved so much when they paired her with him, I do like him.  I just dislike his brother.  

While I love watching Debbie Allen, of late, Catherine just annoys me.  Especially now Jackson isn't there to bring her back a bit.  She carries on like she is doing everyone favours, but really is a petulant 5 year old having a temper tantrum, without being reasoned and above all, polite.  Good on Addison having a go at her.  I wish Meredith had put her in her place too.  Richard seems to be losing his backbone again,  

Meredith at the end had some passion and was a bit feisty, but it shouldn't have been at Nick, it should have been at Bailey and Richard and Catherine.  Sun or not, she should be in control of her own destiny, not tethered to GS because she is MEREDITH GREY and they created her genius.  That is emotional blackmail.  

Bailey was almost as bad as Catherine tonight, petulant, whiny and demanding, especially to Jo.  Surely, a polite conversation - the we made you bit is getting old, they are trying that on Meredith too.  

Despite all my venting, I liked the fact that we had a character to follow through the episode.  Addison was in it and didn't take any crap from anyone either, however, in the past, that would have been Meredith calling all their BS.  

• Love 5
On 5/8/2022 at 12:02 PM, DEL901 said:

Depends on what kind of guarantees he gave the loan sharks. If he made it seem like Winston was part of the plan…and Winstbeing a doctor who presumably has some money…he might be at risk, physically, if the money isn’t repaid.  

True, but that isn’t the same thing as having to help him just because they’re related.

1 hour ago, CarpeFelis said:

True, but that isn’t the same thing as having to help him just because they’re related.

Agree.   But the worst thing of all….this wasn’t a benign product failure….this is medical care. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/5/2022 at 8:06 PM, Daisy said:

I legit hate all these people. 

I hate Catherine because she sucks at her job
I hate Bailey because she sucks at her job
I hate Meredith because i was totally on her side, her boyfriend says legit the truth, and then she rips his head off and goes all "I am woman here me roar on him, (which his point was. yeah um. YOUR KIDS HAS TO GET USED TO ME BEING AROUND ALL THE TIME" - it's not just about you going to Minnesota and leaving Seattle Grace Mercy Death)

I hate Winston because who buys stuff BEFORE TESTING IT?
I hate Maggie for giving shade to meredith for leaving and having sex in the middle of the day when y'all know the hospital is screwed
I hate Schdmit because he dumps his boyfriend and is all "But where were you though, you know I didn't mean it."
I Hate Schdmit's boyfriend, because he's passive aggressive.
I hate Helm because she's Schdmit's friend.
I hate Webber for being an absolute child.
I hate Jo for even contemplating quitting her residency because Bailey sucks at her job.

I hate Addison for coming back and reminding me how freaking good this show used to be. and how much i miss her :( (truthfully, she was the best part of the episode)

Thank you. You have crystallized my thoughts exactly. I also hate Bailey for guilting Jo into giving up her dream to help Bailey undo the mess she made of the surgical residency program. These people are petulant children with the exception of Addison. 

Why are they always MAKING! MEDICAL!  HISTORY! on this show? Every stinking week. Yeah, that’s realistic. 

Edited by limecoke
  • Love 2