Type keyword(s) to search

Smallville in the Media: Get Your News From Other Sources Besides The Torch Here!

Anyhoo, Season's 3 episode, where that kid thinks he's an alien? But it's all in his head? That one episode is mucked up and that disc freezes. Sigh...Or was that season 2?

I want to say season two.  It's a favorite for the tiny reason that space kid freaks out Lana and Chloe is all it would be soooo cool. 

Yep, checked, it's season 2.  Visitor. 

So did you wear your discs out??

I want to say season two.  It's a favorite for the tiny reason that space kid freaks out Lana and Chloe is all it would be soooo cool. 

Yep, checked, it's season 2.  Visitor. 

So did you wear your discs out??

I'm not sure what happened with that one disc. Probably I mucked it up by fastforwarding all things Lana. She ruins EVERYTHING! So far, all other discs are A-Okay.  I really wish there had been more extensive interviews with both Tom and Michael. Don't get me wrong, I love Allison, and I realize that Tom was/is a very private person, but I really wanted to hear more from him. 

I only have season three on DVD..only one I really, really wanted. Maybe someday I'll spring for the others (up to 5)

I briefly had s2 from a friend for a few months...loved the commentaries on that and s3. 

Season 1 and then 5-10 are for sale on Amazon for $14.99 each. 

Looks like you can buy season 2 for twenty-sixish 3 & 4 for thirty-fivish.

Interesting that those three are at higher prices. 

Lol, you can get seasons 6-10 on Blue Ray for only $17 bucks each.  Insert snicker.  (I don't think they have the earlier seasons on BR)

Edited by BkWurm1

The only problem is that Flash is explicitly in the DCTVU, which includes a different Ollie than our Justin Hartley. So that might be problematic.

I wouldn't see it as such. Recasts happen all the time. And these shows retcon their own canon all.the.time. Just leave Ollie out of the episode, heh.  I just want to see Tom Welling on my screen again, is all. 

I was wondering...if TPTB over at Flash would ever consider asking Tom Welling to appear as Supes?

I could see them bringing TW on sort of the way SV did with Christopher Reeve and Dean Cain. But I doubt it would be as Superman.

• Love 1

I wonder what it would take to get him back on the CW. 

Not that I'm wanting to see KK or ED but they and MR are all involved in project right now.  Don't know what TW or AM is doing though. 

Actually, is KK show coming to an end?  I can see her returning more easily than the rest since she's still on the network. 

As long as she doesn't reprise Lana Lang I'd probably be fine.  I think I would throw a fit if ED showed up on any show I watched again.  Sorry, not sorry. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Why? Why can't Tom appear as Superman?? Sure, he was BIG BDA on his own show, but it's been like, over five years now. I'm sure he's not a BigDumbAssAlien anymore!

Plus, Tom is lookin' ROWR!!!!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

Why? Why can't Tom appear as Superman?? Sure, he was BIG BDA on his own show, but it's been like, over five years now. I'm sure he's not a BigDumbAssAlien anymore!

Plus, Tom is lookin' ROWR!!!!

Because there is no Superman in the current Arrow/Flash/Vixen/Legends of Tomorrow universe.  It's bad enough having a Flash that can take out all the LoA guards in seconds but is so eager to have a conversation (with someone not going anywhere) that he can't help save the population of Starling City from all being wiped out.   

The introduction of Superman would render all the really big tough spots something they could solve by sending a text message.  If he ever shows up, it will be at the end of the series or in an alternative universe, IMO. 

Because there is no Superman in the current Arrow/Flash/Vixen/Legends of Tomorrow universe.  It's bad enough having a Flash that can take out all the LoA guards in seconds but is so eager to have a conversation (with someone not going anywhere) that he can't help save the population of Starling City from all being wiped out.   

The introduction of Superman would render all the really big tough spots something they could solve by sending a text message.  If he ever shows up, it will be at the end of the series or in an alternative universe, IMO. 

Why you gotta throw logic in my face, BkWurm1?

I could say that Clark didn't need any of the other superheroes to help him out on his own show, but he was portrayed as such a whiny, petulant mopey ass, that he needed them to tell him he was needed, so he could show Lex and all the other villains how he was such a good leader and had a "league" of his own.

*grumble*grumble*grumble*

• Love 1

Did any of you read the Smallville comic book series that came out after the show ended? I heard that Tess sort of came back. I also saw a bit of Wonder Woman in there too. Would be interested to hear how good or how bad the writing in the book was, since I was too burned out to ever actually read it.

Edited by DisneyBoy

I refused to read it.  My official stance is that's it's just one guys illustrated fan fiction.  :D    

I did hear a few things and yes, I confess that I checked out a few wiki articles about it over on the Smallville Wiki.  That could be a good place to satisfy curiosity.  I think there is both a general "Season 11" section and a much more specific summary regarding  it at the end of character pages.  http://smallville.wikia.com/wiki/Tess_Mercer

• Love 1

I have a question for those that have all 10 seasons; or rather, that got the seasons after the show went off the air, and if anyone got the bluray versions of the last season?

When I go to IMDB, it says that for season 1, there is the "unaired pilot" which features the original actress to play Martha, before the role was recast with Annette O'Toole.  Is that a separate disc? Because the only thing in my season 1 dvd set  are the deleted scenes.

Also, regular dvd for the final season states that there are some featurettes in the "additional material" but Nothing under Special Features. But the bluray has interviews, etc. listed under Special Features. Anyone know if there's a difference? I've got just the nine seasons and as bad as the show got toward the end, I want them all.  Thanks!

Sorry, I don't know anything about the special features for DVDs.  I stopped buying them after season six. (Though I have all the episodes on my DVR)   I do remember seeing clips of the pilot with the other actress in them somewhere on YouTube.  AoT was the better choice but the material they reshot seemed to be the same. 

Edited by BkWurm1

I also got a chuckle about how when in that comic (which again I view as nothing more than fanfiction) Chloe has her baby that she names it after Clark's father and the shots are all about Chloe presenting the baby to Clark in a manner that sparked all sorts of new fan fic that had Clark down as the secret father. If I heard correctly, after the baby arrives Oliver doesn't get so much as a kiss or even a panel of the happy family together. Instead it's all about Clark meeting his godchild, lol.

There is just no ending the Chlark.

• Love 1

I continue to remain bummed that there is such a dearth of interviews with Tom and Michael throughout the seasons. Considering that he was the star of the show.  I'm hoping that at least the last season will have something. I mean, I've found several interviews online that he and Michael, and the main cast of the show has done throughout the years.

Yes, I'm obsessed.

I call SHENANNIGANS!!!!! DIRTY POOL!!!! FUCKING WB!!!!!

As I have been watching my DCAU, there was a trailer for this show, about how "YOU" could get all 10 seasons in one box, which include MORE gag/blooper reels and a fucking 90 minute interviews with Tom, Allison and Michael and retrospective! The latter is my Achilles' Heel, dammit!

Now I have to save money for that, because y'all know I'm all about the interviews!!!!

Oh, they see you coming, don't they?  Poor you. 

Yes, they do! They're EVUHL! Like Season 1 and 2, and 3 levels of Lionel Luthor EVUHL! They did this apurpose! I'll be lucky if I can get $10 in trade-off value when I trade my all seasons dvds! Bastards.

I also got a chuckle about how when in that comic (which again I view as nothing more than fanfiction) Chloe has her baby that she names it after Clark's father and the shots are all about Chloe presenting the baby to Clark in a manner that sparked all sorts of new fan fic that had Clark down as the secret father. If I heard correctly, after the baby arrives Oliver doesn't get so much as a kiss or even a panel of the happy family together. Instead it's all about Clark meeting his godchild, lol.

There is just no ending the Chlark.

Which comics???? Smallville Season 11?

I want to read them, if they exist. But I'm a bit embarrassed to go the comic shop asking for them :S

I have a question for those that have all 10 seasons; or rather, that got the seasons after the show went off the air, and if anyone got the bluray versions of the last season?

When I go to IMDB, it says that for season 1, there is the "unaired pilot" which features the original actress to play Martha, before the role was recast with Annette O'Toole.  Is that a separate disc? Because the only thing in my season 1 dvd set  are the deleted scenes.

Also, regular dvd for the final season states that there are some featurettes in the "additional material" but Nothing under Special Features. But the bluray has interviews, etc. listed under Special Features. Anyone know if there's a difference? I've got just the nine seasons and as bad as the show got toward the end, I want them all.  Thanks!

I want to see the unaired pilot too!!!

But....where can we find that? Does it really exist?

The unaired pilot is on YouTube and it's not that good. Meaning the original actress cast as Martha wasn't bad, but having seen Annette as Martha, I can't see anyone else. Some dialogue changes. But I stopped watching after Jobathan told Clark no to the truck Lex sent him.

The unaired pilot is on YouTube and it's not that good. Meaning the original actress cast as Martha wasn't bad, but having seen Annette as Martha, I can't see anyone else. Some dialogue changes. But I stopped watching after Jobathan told Clark no to the truck Lex sent him.

Oh, Really? Can you give me the link please? I'm so curious about it

Oh, Really? Can you give me the link please? I'm so curious about it

Well, it wasn't the entire pilot, just the scenes that were different from the original, which runs about 8 minutes.  If there is a version that is the entire hour, I don't know where we can get it, as this is the only one that comes up when I do a search on you tube:

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it wasn't the entire pilot, just the scenes that were different from the original, which runs about 8 minutes.  If there is a version that is the entire hour, I don't know where we can get it, as this is the only one that comes up when I do a search on you tube:

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 1

I found this on youtube as well; it says it's on disc 5 of season 3, but it's not! I should know, because I watched ALL the special features. Maybe it's in the series collection?

All I will say is that Michael Rosenbaum is HILARIOUS!

youtube]

Which comics???? Smallville Season 11?

I want to read them, if they exist. But I'm a bit embarrassed to go the comic shop asking for them :S

Yeah, Smallville Season 11.  They are not for me because I am not up for more Chlollie or Clois but don't feel embarrassed asking for them at a comic shop.  First off, they want your money and are happy to sell whatever you are looking for and second,  Smallville Season 11 is sooooo not the most embarrassing thing they sell and more than that, people that like comics understand what it is to be a fan.  Everyone likes different things.  Own it like an honor, especially in a comic store. 

Well, it's a couple of things: first, it's the fact that I'm not so sure if they will have anything related to Smallville in 2015, and if I they don't have it (very likely) I will  be frustrated and disappointed. 

It's not the fact that I'm embarrassed of Smallville, I think I haven't expressed my thought with the best words. Secondly,  I went (once) to a comic shop to buy a toy for a friend and they had problems recognising what I was referring to. But I realized it was my fault, not theirs, and since then I feel a little embarrassed when I go to the comic shop (it's more psychological than anything):S

However, if I don't ask for it, I'll never know!! Do you know how many chapters does S11 have?

...wait what is the embarrassing thing then?

I just know there is a plethora of crap out there. Like this gem from last year.

Sex Criminals, the story about two people with the power to stop time in some fashion through the power of sex or masturbation

I'm pretty sure there is a bank heist involved.

Well, it's a couple of things: first, it's the fact that I'm not so sure if they will have anything related to Smallville in 2015, and if I they don't have it (very likely) I will be frustrated and disappointed.

It's not the fact that I'm embarrassed of Smallville, I think I haven't expressed my thought with the best words. Secondly, I went (once) to a comic shop to buy a toy for a friend and they had problems recognising what I was referring to. But I realized it was my fault, not theirs, and since then I feel a little embarrassed when I go to the comic shop (it's more psychological than anything):S

However, if I don't ask for it, I'll never know!! Do you know how many chapters does S11 have?

Even if they don't have it still in stock, I'm sure they'd be happy to help you track it down. Or you could go the old fashioned route and call around ahead of time to see if they have it. Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

Okay, this is sort of Smallville related because Tom did play Clark Kent.

I got the Look! Up in the Sky! documentary because I wanted to hear his take of Clark in the pre-Superman world.  We see Brandon Routh, Dean Cain, Gerard Christopher, who played Superboy in that syndicated series. We see Annette, talking about how she played Lana in the Reeve movies and then was Martha.  Al and Miles, Donner, the history of how Superman came to be.

But NOT a single interview with Tom Welling. Scenes of him. with Christopher Reeve; of his Clark's story, but not a single clip.

UGH.

So, being the shallow person I am (because we all know that Tom's Clark was just a BDA and spent 90% of the show making cow eyes at Lana and schmooping and moping over her), I really wanted to hear more from him about how he felt playing Clark; other than the one we see in season three's special features about Christopher Reeve; same interview is in the first Reeve movie dvd special feature.  I know there are a number of interviews he did, along with Rosenbaum, on you tube, but for a show, where the role he is playing is the CENTRAL character, the lack of interviews is very jarring to me.

• Love 2

MM...I don't know where you could find them. After ten seasons, and all the impact the show had, it's unbelievable there's not a single interview about the central character he is playing. It must exist. The question is where.

Could it be in another collection of dvd's? Maybe one from several years ago, different from the one you own? you could try looking at special stands in a comic convention or something similar....maybe a big comic shop?

I don't know...

I have never understood why we didn't have a real Superman scene. maybe because the show was not as successful and they thought that they could do what they wanted? We even saw Clark flying for once....so why not again?

I laughed when I read "that blurry thing in the distance"

Lex works for me in the No. 1 spot, but most of the rest of the list doesn't really line up for me. I mean, I liked Lois fine enough, but not that much. But, I actually liked Jimmy more than most, too.

Yeah, I'd throw the curve out the window with my list...

• Love 1
(edited)

I have a soft spot for Jimmy, too! 

Lois was only a zillion spots higher than I'd have ranked her :)

I might have out Lionel even higher than he was---he, Lex and Chloe are probably my personal top three.   

Edited by amensisterfriend