Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E19: Welcome to the Quinceañera

• Start Topic

Calvin and Tina offer to throw a quinceañera for Yoli, a teen Calvin is mentoring at his auto shop. Also, Dave and Gemma introduce Malcolm to a college baseball coach who has the potential to change his future.

Airdate: 05/02/2022

12 minutes ago, Kiddvideo said:

She’s supposed to be turning 16? That’s a fully grown woman, y’all. I fell asleep in the middle of watching. Please tell me her father revealed her real age.

I know! I totally thought she was over 18.

I fully teared up when everybody was so proud of Malcolm. When Calvin was overcome with pride, I almost lost it. That was so nice!

I CANNOT WAIT to see Patti LaBelle next week.

• Love 4

It is nice that Calvin and Tina wanted to do a Quinceañera for Yoli, but it was also kind of weird since she's an employee.  But in the end, I suspect that Tina was just itching to put on a party and this was a great excuse.

Malcolm getting some success in life was a good look on him, especially since he did it while standing up for himself and sticking to his principles.  I thought it was hilarious that Dave's biggest point for pumping Malcolm up as a potential batting coach was that he was coaching Grover's Little League team, because for Dave that's the biggest priority, then Gemma with that look of total exasperation, brings up his actual qualifications for the job, including his time as a minor league player.  I'm glad he ditched his security uniform, I think that job rankled him because it is implied that he got the job because of his brother.  That last scene though....oh man. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Kiddvideo said:

She’s supposed to be turning 16? That’s a fully grown woman, y’all. I fell asleep in the middle of watching. Please tell me her father revealed her real age.

I would think child labor laws would keep a 15/16-year old from working underneath a car.  

Nothing against the actress (or the character, really),  but I don’t like the storyline.  I am tired of the “Calvin’s really just a big softy underneath all the bluster” stories.  I would rather see Marty’s girlfriend with a bigger role.  And let us see Malcolm have some successes at work, as well.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Court said:

She was turning 17, not 16. She didn't have one because her Papi was deported when she turned 16.

I loved Malcolm getting a win too. 

Sorry, but she literally said she was turning 16 when she was talking to Tina in the very beginning. A quincé is a 15th birthday party.

23 minutes ago, Kiddvideo said:

Sorry, but she literally said she was turning 16 when she was talking to Tina in the very beginning. A quincé is a 15th birthday party.

Oops, I know that and I was only half watching. Maybe it was my brain trying to reconcile how old she looks, lol? 

• LOL 1