Type keyword(s) to search

X-Files Episode Elimination Game

Beyond the Sea. I've said this before, but I am truly always shocked to remember that it's a S1 episode, because it's so good.

Yeah, I think if we were trying to vote best episode objectively it would've been my vote.

Wow, all three episodes tied! What a race!

Edited by joelene

Well well well, we have a winner. Ice rules season 1! Squeeze is runner up and Beyond the Sea (which I thought was a lock) is second runner up. Good game, folks!

Based on the votes for each round we have a full season ranking:

24. Space

22 (tied). Shapes

22 (tied). Jersey Devil

21. Young at Heart

20. Roland

19. Born Again

18. Miracle Man

17. Ghost in the Machine

16. Gender Bender

15. Shadows

14. Conduit

13. Lazarus

12. Fallen Angel

11. E.B.E.

10. Fire

9. Erlenmeyer Flash

8. Deep Throat

7. Tooms

6. Pilot

4 (tied). Eve

4 (tied). Darkness Falls

3. Beyond the Sea

2. Squeeze

1. Ice

I was wondering how you guys would feel about playing two seasons simultaneously? Separately, but at the same time, so season 2 and 3 now. Less time for people to drop off the game (which seemed to happen a lot on TWoP during these sorts of games), plus, voting is fun. Then at the end gather the top from each season and make an all-stars round. Anyway, if you're into the idea, or you prefer to vote on one season at a time, lemme know.

Either way we shall get started on season 2 right away!

Little Green Men

The Host

Blood

Sleepless

Duane Barry

Ascension

One Breath

Firewalker

Red Museum

Excelsis Dei

Aubrey

Irresistible

Die Hand Die Verletzt

Fresh Bones

Colony

End Game

Fearful Symmetry

Død Kalm

Humbug

The Calusari

F. Emasculata

Soft Light

Our Town

Anazazi

Vote for three episodes you want gone.

Edited by joelene
  • Love 2

No feelings about doing two seasons at a time then?

I concur with Bastet on this one.

Blood

Sleepless

Edit: Realise now that you who emphasised season 2 votes means you were up for it. Sorry, missed that!

Edited by joelene

Sweet! I'll add season 3 tomorrow in case the people who already voted doesn't stop by again before. It's one episode less and I'll even it out as we go along.

Fresh Bones - mostly because I cannot remember this episode to save my life. 

Fresh Bones is memorable for this freaky scene:

Screenshot67.jpg

And since Sleepless is on the table...

roV5FZY.jpg

• Love 2

There's a tie for third out between Blood and Sleepless. Quick, cast the deciding votes!

Mine's for Blood. Sorry, Blood, you don't have speedo Mulder.

Edited by joelene

Right, then! 3 sucks, literally and figuratively, and was booted along with the one with the invisible elephant and Blood.

Season 2:

Little Green Men
The Host
Sleepless
Duane Barry

Ascension
One Breath
Firewalker
Red Museum
Excelsis Dei
Aubrey
Irresistible
Die Hand Die Verletzt
Fresh Bones
Colony
End Game
Død Kalm
Humbug
The Calusari
F. Emasculata
Soft Light
Our Town
Anasazi

Season 3:

The Blessing Way

Paper Clip

D.P.O.

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose

The List

2Shy

The Walk

Oubliette

Nisei

Revelations

War of the Coprophages

Syzygy

Grotesque

Piper Maru

Apocrypha

Pusher

Teso Dos Bichos

Hell Money

Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space'

Quagmire

Wetwired

Talitha Cumi

Vote for your bottom three episodes from each season!

Edited by joelene

I think the only redeeming thing to "3" was the fact that Mulder was wearing Scully's necklace and looked like a sad panda the whole episode.   A stupid sad panda, but a sad panda nonetheless.  

cap014.jpg

Season 2:

The Calusari

F. Emasculata
Soft Light

Season 3:

The Walk

Oubliette

Grotesque

• Love 1

Season 2:
Red Museum

The Calusari

Fresh Bones

Season 3:

Hell Money...even more boring than Space

Teso Dos Bichos...laughably bad.  The only reason to watch this episode is to snark on it.   The rats in the toilet scene was legit terrifying though. Or at least moreso than the killer stuffed kitties on sticks or whatever it was. 

The Walk

Edited by janestclair
  • Love 1

Season 2

Sleepless

Fresh Bones

Aubrey

Season 3

These two...

The List

The Walk

... I can never remember them or tell them apart in my head. I even watched them both not that long ago for this reason but then I promptly forgot again. They're both about revenge killings, I think? I don't even know

Hell Money (TDB is almost so bad it's good, and I'll take that over boring)

Edited by joelene

These two...

The List

The Walk

... I can never remember them or tell them apart in my head. I even watched them both not that long ago for this reason but then I promptly forgot again. They're both about revenge killings, I think? I don't even know

The List is the one with all the maggots. Before I knew episode titles, (way the hell back when you had to tape everything on VHS if you wanted to watch it again)  I called it "Maggots on Death Row" because obviously. 

The Walk is the one with the quadruple amputee who couldn't walk.  And there was some astral projection crap or something.  I forget what I called that one.  Possibly "Zzzzzz..." because I couldn't stay awake for it.

S2: 

Firewalker

Aubrey

The Calusari (no idea what that one is....LOL....but I remember thinking it was awful)

S3:

The Walk

Hell Money

Avatar (Skinner centric ep that should have been interesting, but wasn't)

I like The List for the Scully snark.  "A woman gets lonely ... sometimes she can't wait around for a man to be reincarnated." and "I only get five?" are worth the price of admission.

• Love 1

The List is the one with all the maggots. Before I knew episode titles, (way the hell back when you had to tape everything on VHS if you wanted to watch it again)  I called it "Maggots on Death Row" because obviously. 

The Walk is the one with the quadruple amputee who couldn't walk.  And there was some astral projection crap or something.  I forget what I called that one.  Possibly "Zzzzzz..." because I couldn't stay awake for it.

Lol, I don't remember the maggots at all! Or those wonderful Scully quotes. I do remember the quadruple amputee and the astral projection crap tho. Me and my brother taped all the episodes when they aired and, not knowing the proper titles, named them ourselves too! But the only episode I remember our own title of is Roland, which we dubbed "Propeller Professor."

The Calusari (no idea what that one is....LOL....but I remember thinking it was awful)

The Calusari was one of my favourites when I was a kid. I watched it over and over. It was the evil boy exorcism thing that got me hooked. It was the only episode that had an 18 y/o BBFC rating on the VHS box at the time as well! Oh, how the times change. 

Fresh Bones, The Calusari and Sleepless from season 2 are toast.

From season 3 it's Hell Money, Teso Dos Bichos and The Walk that bite the dust.

Next round!

Season 2:

Little Green Men
The Host
Duane Barry
Ascension
One Breath
Firewalker
Red Museum
Excelsis Dei
Aubrey
Irresistible
Die Hand Die Verletzt
Colony
End Game
Død Kalm
Humbug
F. Emasculata
Soft Light
Our Town
Anasazi

Season 3:

The Blessing Way
Paper Clip
D.P.O.
The List
2Shy
Oubliette
Nisei
Revelations
War of the Coprophages
Syzygy
Grotesque
Piper Maru
Apocrypha
Pusher
Quagmire
Wetwired
Talitha Cumi

Still the three episodes you'd like to see gone.

Such divisive opinions! Four head to head today.

Firewalker vs. F. Emasculata

The List vs. 2Shy

Choose!

If you still haven't voted fully please emphasise the order you want them gone.

Edited by joelene

mauve swooped in and made some things clearer and some not so much. That made the match between Firewalker and Red Museum instead. janetstclair voted for Firewalker but in her original post she wanted Red Museum out before Firewalker so I made the executive decision to make Red Museum the one to go. Make sense? No? It makes sense in my head to I hope you can deal with it.

Aubrey, F. Emasculata and Red Museum are therefore owt, as well as Avatar, Grotesque and 2Shy (*sob*).

Season 2:
Little Green Men
The Host
Duane Barry
Ascension
One Breath
Firewalker
Excelsis Dei
Irresistible
Die Hand Die Verletzt
Colony
End Game
Død Kalm
Humbug
Soft Light
Our Town
Anasazi

Season 3:
The Blessing Way
Paper Clip
D.P.O.
The List
Oubliette
Nisei
Revelations
War of the Coprophages
Syzygy

Piper Maru
Apocrypha
Pusher
Quagmire
Wetwired
Talitha Cumi

Still three eps!

Edit: Right, as you pointed out, no I haven't said anything about order before now, I just thought of it this last head-to-head that it might be easier to see which episode is the "weakest" if it comes to that. So, from now on, make your list in order and I might be able to figure out which one to go even if we have an even number of votes :)

Edited by joelene

Oops... were we supposed to be listing them in the order we wanted them out?

Screenshot66.jpg

So here they are in order, how I'd like to see them go:

Season 2:

Soft Light

Excelsis Dei

Død Kalm

Season 3:

Oubliette

The List

Revelations

Edited by queequeg
  • Love 1

I didn't know to list them in order either!  Oops!  I usually just go with the order they're in the season, or the reverse of that if I'm having to scroll up to remember LOL.

Firewalker

Excelsis Dei

Soft Light

(just three not-too-memorable eps that I'm 'meh' on)

The List

Jose Chung's (wish I could love this one!)

D.P.O. (despite how much I love that it has Jack Black and Giovanni Ribisi in it)

• Love 1