Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E14: Reunion Part 1

Message added by TexasGal,

Reminders!  Talk about the episode only - individual wives have their own threads for extended convos about them.  Be civil. Use the ignore feature if someone gets under your skin.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, BrindaWalsh said:

I wasn't sure how to take that one.

On the one hand, I have known people who have been married, divorced, met somebody new and fell in love again and have said how different it really is and they just didn't know any better before.  So on the one hand, I do believe that the realization of what love can and should feel like does happens the second time around.

But that doesn't quite work for Teresa.  I suspect that those statements were driven by a combination of the Louie love bombing, plus I have a hunch Louie needs to hear that kind of stuff.  I also think Tre in some way thinks that you are supposed to make statements like today, that it adds legitimacy to the relationship in some way.

I can't imagine her girls liked hearing that though.  

Absolutely love bombing. Tre now thinks this is the way relationships work. She's in for a rude awakening down the road

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BrindaWalsh said:

I wasn't sure how to take that one.

On the one hand, I have known people who have been married, divorced, met somebody new and fell in love again and have said how different it really is and they just didn't know any better before.  So on the one hand, I do believe that the realization of what love can and should feel like does happens the second time around.

But that doesn't quite work for Teresa.  I suspect that those statements were driven by a combination of the Louie love bombing, plus I have a hunch Louie needs to hear that kind of stuff.  I also think Tre in some way thinks that you are supposed to make statements like today, that it adds legitimacy to the relationship in some way.

I can't imagine her girls liked hearing that though.  

Exactly. Tre thinks that she has to discount everything that came before Luis to legitimize what she feels now, with utterly no concept of how this could or will make her daughters feel. The daughters who went to battle with their uncle over bad things said about their father. But, being a family of hypocrites I am sure Gia will have no problem with her mother claiming to have never loved her father.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Brian Moylan does fantastically witty recaps of RHONJ among other RH franchises. They appear on the Vulture section of the NY Magazine website. 

It is worth checking out his recaps on that site

He also does a really droll funny newsletter which you can subscribe to. Since he doesn't do recaps he did feel compelled to do a recap of the Reunion Show. He so brilliantly captures Tre in all her feral stupidity I thought I would post it here - worth subscribing to his newsletter which is subtitled "Mention It All"

I don’t know if Elon Musk personally bought Twitter to fix the algorithm so that I’d never have to see another positive post about Teresa Giudice again or if fans really turned on her after the reunion, but I didn’t see as much as the unwavering positivity and mental gymnastics that the Tre huggers usually make to wave away her more egregious antics. If there was ever a time to turn on her, it’s after her hypocrisy, venom, grudge-holding, and small-mindedness were even more shimmering than usual at the reunion. 

Speaking of which, I quite liked the gold-and-silver-themed outfits we get for this runway even as I grow increasingly tired of the overproduced sets that are meant to look like whatever trip they went on that season. (The set of Kathy Hilton’s backyard gets a pass for obvious reasons.) However, Melissa’s midriff-baring 1 Million BC double loincloth looked way better standing up than it did sitting down (and it didn’t look that great standing up). Jennifer Aydin looked great but continued the reunion-dress trend of far too many Big Bird feathers for no particular reason. Also the cutouts on Dolores’s dress, which looked like a lamé Gordian knot, were not too flattering. But it was Teresa’s mirrored jumpsuit, which looked like a disco ball that exploded in the Sahara, that was the real victim here. That she doesn’t know how bad this looks just shows how out of touch Teresa really is. (Then again, this is a woman who lived in an onyx cave with wings on her front doors for more than a decade, so we should not at all be shocked.) 

The hours started not with Teresa but with Jennifer and Dolores going at each other. The rift in their friendship, they explained, wasn’t caused by one incident but a culmination of things. These two seem like worthy adversaries, especially since the chastened and quiet Jennifer we saw this season — in the wake of her husband’s infidelity coming to light — is gone. We got our old loud, accusatory, and bomb-throwing Jennifer back, and I couldn’t be happier. I was a little surprised to find out she’s a stoner, though. If this is what Jen is like baked, I can’t imagine her on uppers! 

We eventually got to Teresa, though, and like a certain ex-president who was once Teresa’s celebrity boss, she turned right to her well-worn list of grievances. She’s still angry that Jackie used an analogy about her daughter, she’s pissed at the way Melissa got on the show, she’s mad that she thought her brother chose her cousin Kathy over her, and, worst of all, she’s annoyed that Melissa didn’t postpone her wedding so that Teresa, who was eight months pregnant at the time, could get drunk at her brother’s wedding. Even Andy Cohen was like, “Lady, you have got a brain full of spiders and pants full of ants.” 

This came out when the question of whether Melissa should be a bridesmaid at Teresa’s wedding was raised, which seems like quite the unforced error on Teresa’s part. As Missy G pointed out, it seemed like she would just have her four “dooorters” as her bridesmaids, but instead she’s having Luis’s sisters but not her sister-in-law. When Melissa pointed out that Teresa was a bridesmaid in her wedding, that’s when Teresa dropped that nuclear bomb of idiocy on all of us. This is one of my many problems with her: She just wants everything her way, like a spoiled child. She didn’t even think it could take longer to plan a wedding than to have a kid. Joe and Melissa’s “save the dates” were probably already shipped when Tre got knocked up. Then they’re just supposed to change the date because Teresa was a little inconvenienced? That’s insane. No one thinks Melissa should have done this. 

I also don’t think Teresa needs to invite Melissa to wear what is surely a tacky dress for a marriage that will last about the length of a Senate term. Melissa was using this as an excuse to show how Teresa is always talking about her family and how Melissa and Joe need to save their family, but Teresa won’t ever do anything she doesn’t want to do to back them up. She talks about family and then puts them with all of her friends at the engagement party. Which is fine. Teresa says they’re not that close, which is also fine. But then she bangs on about how family is the most important thing to her and how she is old school. This circle doesn’t square. It just goes round and round like the rainbow pinwheel when your MacBook is thinking. 

Speaking of which, it’s like Teresa had that spinning wheel in her brain when asked for one time she had Melissa’s back. She couldn’t even think of one. “Roll the tape,” she says to the producers. Oh, you think they wouldn’t if they could find one? Of course they couldn’t because she never has. Again, this is fine, except she always insists Melissa and Joe have her back, which to her means blind faith and devotion. 

What’s reprehensible to me is Teresa acts this way and everyone has to bow to her whims to stay on the show. The thing about our reality stars is we don’t need them to completely change, only to grow and evolve. We need to see them progress somehow, to repair their relationships, to move on from the past. Teresa is incapable of doing this because her grudges are like a mud bath, soothing and keeping her skin tight and young. It’s not even interesting to watch anymore. 

Melissa said in some interviews that she doesn’t think Teresa enjoys being on the show anymore, and it shows. She shouts at Melissa how they’re not close. She yells at Margaret and Jackie about how they’re not friends. Jennifer and Dolores shout about how they hate each other and only talk on camera. If these women can’t even be in a group together, can’t even have interesting fights, then what is this all about? Why are we even invested? It seems like, at this moment, RHONJ isn’t only fighting against being stale, it’s worried about its own existence.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, DanielleBowden said:

The season was mostly unwatchable and the reunion was too.  I tuned in, it gave me a headache so I'm just here for the comments.  I was a Tre fan.  We're the same age and she reminded me a friend from high school.  Silly, big hair and nails, flashy, kinda ditzy, just waiting to get married and be a mom, even in high school.  Her dream came true but she kept maturing and growing as a person.  I'm embarrassed I ever made the comparison.  Tre, jeez, just do some self reflection or something.  Its scary how self absorbed she is.

Bravo has made a monster of her. 

• Love 7
(edited)
On 5/4/2022 at 12:51 AM, Marley said:

Teresa will never let go of the past like it’s been over a decade. Yikes move on girl you are with the love of your life why aren’t you happy. Ppl who say they never fight are weird and something is off.

There's fighting and there's disagreeing. You can argue out disagreements without being disagreeable and come to some kind of resolution. Some of us just aren't built for "fighting." 

On 5/4/2022 at 10:19 AM, Cozytea said:

Completely agree. I am not a huge Joe G fan but I genuinely felt bad for him. When Teresa was insulting him. He seemed so hurt. I think he and Melissa have major flaws but Teresa is just so completely vile.

I think Joe Gorga has actually grown and changed - Melissa too. He was a total hothead mess, and she was vapid and delusional. Both have matured. 

On 5/4/2022 at 10:36 AM, kristen111 said:

I kind of felt sorry for Melissa last night.  She’s not good for reality tv.  She doesn’t look for trouble, doesn’t knock anyone, isn’t combatative.  You have to be a cut throat, which Melissa is not.  Plus, she has no storyline.  She looks uncomfortable fighting.  Too soft, but nice.

I don't mind that she doesn't bring excitement - I always like to have at least one cast member I would be willing to socialize with in real life who can serve as a bit of a foil to the utter insanity that surrounds her. Watching her slowly gain genuine confidence in herself as opposed to the false bravado of the early years has been great.  And she still has her moments, as when she stepped up to Jennifer telling her she had "the wrong one." That was some genuine anger, not the manufactured for the camera stuff.

On 5/4/2022 at 11:21 AM, MaggieG said:

I also liked Jackie bringing up the double standard of how they say the C word and Tre talks about her pineapple puss but Jackie saying dick was a bridge too far.

I like Jackie because she often deals with these women the way I would, with comments like that just casually dismissing their attempts to escalate a non-issue. Reunions often turn into screaming matches over who doesn't care more than the other person, when in reality, when you don't care, you can sit back and smirk at how the other person is behaving in public. Jackie gets that. Margaret and Dolores get that (but sometimes blow their considerable stacks anyway). Melissa is slowly learning. It's not even a blip on Jennifer or Theresa's radars.

On 5/4/2022 at 3:28 PM, TV Diva Queen said:

uggggg I hate myself for this, but to me, that wasn't an airslap.  In my Italian and Greek american family , both sides use that gesture as a GTFOH sign.  He came in low with a forward swing, if it were an air slap it would have been higher and a backhand swing.  

Exactly. To me that's a slam the door in your face gesture, not a slap your face gesture.  

On 5/4/2022 at 11:45 PM, Juneau Gal said:

The one I really don’t understand is Jenn. She has finally built some goodwill with the viewers this season by turning down her vileness; if she had kept on she might of actually become kinda sorta a viewer favorite. To come on the reunion fully up Tre’s ass was a HUGE misstep on her part. She’s hitched her wagon to the wrong pony because I would not be surprised if Tre does not come back next season, either voluntarily or involuntarily. What then for Jen? None of the others would want to be around her or trust her, she’s burned all her bridges. 

I am convinced that in these franchises, a lot of alliances are laid out by production. If nobody is standing by Tre, and the show needs to keep Tre viable, then somebody sure as hell had better be reminded that their orange/peach/diamond/whatever depends on their being a team player. You see it every time a mild mannered cast member suddenly becomes inappropriately confrontational (in every city, eventually the "nice" one has a season where she has a problem with more than one person). Or becomes an apologist for someone they've already shown they have taken measure of and can see for what they are. Or keeps dragging something to the surface that you know nobody would bring up more than once. Margaret has no reason to bring up the Luis thing a second, third or fourth time except that it needed to be brought up to move the show along. I believe her that she didn't actually care. What's left out is "this is the show, babe, you know it. Stop making it personal about ME and deal with your man's issue."

23 hours ago, MsMalin said:

I always thought that when a couple never fights it is because one or both is holding back. No way can you agree on everything. Then again,they have not been together for very long.

I think a lot depends on definition of fighting. We disagree and sometimes even argue. But fight? Nope. Don't need that in my life, won't have it in my life. 

2 hours ago, amarante said:

But it was Teresa’s mirrored jumpsuit, which looked like a disco ball that exploded in the Sahara, that was the real victim here. That she doesn’t know how bad this looks just shows how out of touch Teresa really is.

The light reflections on her upper arms making them look like scars and cellulite were distracting, but then I got to thinking how uncomfortable those shards and bumps must have been to SIT in!

Edited by kassa
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

Description of Tres 2011 wedding vow renewal: 

Theresa insists that Joe is Prince Charming. And recently, she set out to prove it – with a fairy-tale-themed second wedding at Long Island, NY’s Oheka Castle, which included everything from a horse-drawn carriage to a tearful renewal of their vows to an extravagant gown that was truly worthy of a princess. “I was just so happy,” Teresa tells In Touch in an exclusive interview. “Marriage means for better or worse. We’ve been through a lot, and if anything, it’s just made us stronger…

“I wanted to show my girls that marriage is really important, as is being faithful to one another,” Teresa explains. “I wanted to show our love for each other – I wanted them there to witness it.”

Indeed, the ceremony seemed like something tailor-made by a devoted mom to please her little girls – from the princess-like theme and the pretty pink dresses she chose for them to wear, to the huge chocolate cake and the surprise visit by tween heartthrob Kevin Jonas…

Their over the top wedding
At the end of the ceremony, Teresa and Joe sweetly exchanged new rings, elegant bands designed by Zaven Ghanimian, designer and creative director of Simon G. jewelry.

Teresa and Joe chose a decadent five-tiered chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream from Spatula Sweets by Jessica Hagenbuch, which the girls devoured.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

And why not do a vow renewal since she broke even if not made money on the event.

Every single item that was mentioned from catering hall to dress to cake gave her freebies in exchange for the promotional mention. 

She also sold the photos to at least one outlet - InTouch which had a cover story so they paid for the interview as well.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, amarante said:

And why not do a vow renewal since she broke even if not made money on the event.

Every single item that was mentioned from catering hall to dress to cake gave her freebies in exchange for the promotional mention. 

She also sold the photos to at least one outlet - InTouch which had a cover story so they paid for the interview as well.

I do not remember seeing that vow renewal, it was filmed? I would remember Juicy begrudgingly lumbering down the aisle, the dortors wearing some heinous matching dresses, etc...but I don't remember that at all. Did it happen on film?

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, BrindaWalsh said:

It wasn't filmed.  I think it took place around the time of season 4 when everybody was up in arms about the articles and press around the Giudices.

Thank you, I thought I was going to lose my Useless Knowledge of All Things Housewives Card over this!

There are many amazing detectives on these pages, can anyone come up with and post  photos of what could be amusing and hideous all at the same time?

• LOL 4
(edited)

I could only find this picture of the girls' outfit - it seems pretty innocuous. 

Of course this is completely ignoring the obscenity of people celebrating their second marriage with all the trappings of a virgin bride. I had an aunt on my father's side who celebrated her 50th wedding anniversary wearing a big white bridal gown which my mother found ridiculous - but at least the aunt was celebrating a marriage that had endured. 

Tre's renewal was in 2011. 

Was the engagement party filmed? Given the remarks about the seating at the reunion, it doesn't appear it was filmed.

I would have assumed that Tre would have wanted to schedule it during filming to maximize her storyline. 

Also - unless I also suffered from Baltimore Betty's lapse of knowing all useless Housewives' data, I don't recall any mention of the engagement party in the media except on the reunion. There weren't any pictures which is odd since these women take photos to post at the opening of an envelope as the cliche goes.

image.jpeg.8da9fa60b27183ef818f95bfe9bcaab6.jpeg
image.jpeg.d1b7fa4bc300ac050dba6ed758917fb0.jpeg

image.jpeg.f32ba73a317edde4f1ac5c9c44fef2c2.jpeg

Edited by amarante
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 5/5/2022 at 9:46 AM, poeticlicensed said:

I actually thought that she was being honest. Old school italian parents are overbearing and she likely wanted out and since Joe was Italian they likely encouraged her. I was surprised when she said Juicy wanted a prenuptial. I mean seriously I can't believe Juicy was bringing a lot to the table. I thought that was weird. 

I too get a little suspicious about this document. Have we ever seen a blurred image of it on tv, or a bootleg copy from like on/from TMZ? Isn't a prenup filed at the courthouse - like a will ?

1. they got married 10/23/99.  How many everyday people (which is all they were at that time) were getting prenups in 99? The cost of lawyer fees alone would stopped most 20-somethings from that bill.

2. If they did have one - who really encouraged it - maybe her parents? - meaning if Juicy pulled out in x-years, Tre and subsequent children will always be taken care of. Or another switch could be Juicy would get something , if he stayed in for x-many years - like a dowry, which is kinda a old school thought.

3. Perhaps Juicy was already doing some shady sh*t before marriage. So the underworld of his business connections said to get a document - really to protect him - ie don't care about stuff that was in Tre's name only, and/or any previous monies/properties of his, goes elsewhere.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, sATL said:

3. Perhaps Juicy was already doing some shady sh*t before marriage. So the underworld of his business connections said to get a document - really to protect him - ie don't care about stuff that was in Tre's name only, and/or any previous monies/properties of his, goes elsewhere.

You may have hit the nail on the head! Maybe he was already scheming to put companies in her name to hide assets and/or launder money. Wasn't it revealed during the fraud investigation that she "owned" a concrete company or something like that? 

• Love 4

I don't believe that Juicy required a prenup prior to the marriage because it makes absolutely no sense.

There was no property to protect that Juicy had going into the relationship and he sure as hell wasn't going to inherit anything significant from his parents. He didn't have any hidden assets at that point - and you don't use a prenup to protect hidden assets.

Any assets would be accumulated during marriage and subject to normal disposition during a divorce and prenups can't cover children for typical support unless someone is obscenely wealthy and so they guarantee funding a trust fund for each child with a specified amount on birth. 

I think the whole Juicy prenup was an invention which was used to bolster whatever myth she was attempting to sell at that point. I also think that she probably will sign a prenup agreement when push comes to shove. At the very least Gia is going to want to make sure that her mother's assets don't wind up with Luis. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

@Baltimore Betty did you mean with this look on Joe's face?

732327b60ff8113f93f103177d1f5e72.jpg

I only did a quick Google search. I didn't see any pics of what she made the girls wear.

You get a gold star!! Your sleuthing skills are top notch!

I figured a big dress and big hair would have been de riguere and of course she chose a Pnina Tornai stripper fairy dress.  The funny thing about her vow renewal was she went to Kleinfeld's and did not manage to get on Say Yes to The Dress AND she had the overblown, over blown wedding and couldn't to get Bravo to film it!  

Juicy looks miserable, I wonder if any of his girlfriends were invited to that shindig.

Ok, @SWEETIEDARLING, please find out if Melissa was a bridesmaid and what The Gia and The Non Gia's wore, I am sure it was a real high fashion moment.

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, amarante said:

At the very least Gia is going to want to make sure that her mother's assets don't wind up with Luis. 

See right there, that is why people are screaming for that dumb dumb to get a pre nup, she has 4 bootyful dortors why play with their financial futures, college, etc...Looie won't be paying for college for The Not Gia's, why would Teresa take a risk with the money she worked hard for and by that I mean she threw a lot of drinks to earn.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

See right there, that is why people are screaming for that dumb dumb to get a pre nup, she has 4 bootyful dortors why play with their financial futures, college, etc...Looie won't be paying for college for The Not Gia's, why would Teresa take a risk with the money she worked hard for and by that I mean she threw a lot of drinks to earn.

Teresa doesn't seem to understand the purpose of a pre-nup at all.  Ironically the person who could explain them to her in the most logical, purposeful way would be Jackie -- not that Tre would have that.  But she said during the reunion that Louie "has more than" her.  So what?  Tre has a lot and that's worth protecting, for her daughters and for herself.  She also better make sure her estate is in order, god forbid something ever happens to her, her estate needs to go to her daughters, NOT to Louis as her husband.  But Teresa doesn't seem to like to think about any of this stuff, she acts like it somehow indicates a lack of trust, that she's not fully in love, or something like that. I hope somebody gets through to her.  Maybe future lawyer Gia can appeal to her as her dorter.

As for the wedding and the debate of the "sister in laws" -- I saw it a bit differently and kind of a stupid argument.  Tre is having Louie's sisters in the wedding.  Louie is having Teresa's brother in the wedding.  It's even.  It's not about them being sister-in-laws, it's about them being siblings (I'm assuming that Louie is not having his sister's husbands, if there are husbands, in the wedding unless they are super close, like the equivalent of Dina).  Teresa's just too damn stupid to explain the distinction.  

The takeaway from this post?  Teresa is an idiot.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I wonder what assets Joe's parents had that might have made them want him to get a prenup. Sometimes families own property/businesses that they want to hold in the family and not want a child to inherit then lose half to a non family member if the marriage doesn't last. A prenup excluding certain eventual inherited assets from joint property in case of divorce is a thing.

• Love 6
On 5/3/2022 at 11:51 PM, Marley said:

One of my sisters bridesmaids had a her baby with her at her reception.

As I was reading this sentence I thought it was going to say she HAD the baby at the reception.  As in birthed it there.

talk about stealing the bride’s thunder!  How dare she!  And the baby!  And the mucus plug!

• LOL 12
On 5/3/2022 at 10:38 PM, Cozytea said:

Am I the only one wondering if Delores will be back next season?

Let Delores go and keep Frank.  In fact, let’s maybe try a show about this men’s group. 🤔. At least it would probably be fun.

• Love 6
On 5/4/2022 at 7:58 AM, gaPeach said:

Wait until she is married to him and see if there is a change in how attentive he is to her.  Let the Gaslighting begin!

Once the conquest has been achieved the mask will likely fall.  She better hope she’s still on the show as he seems to value that aspect so maybe the devaluation will not be so abrupt.

I really really really hope He’s not what he seems.  NO ONE deserves that torture.

• Love 7
On 5/4/2022 at 10:21 AM, MaggieG said:

When Teresa showed Andy her ring, she said proudly "he picked it out". Well yes, who else would pick it?

Her comment made me think that he picked it out but she paid for it.🤔

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/5/2022 at 7:10 PM, goofygirl said:

This reminded me of when my husband died.  We had some couple friends that we did dinners with and believe it or not, when Hubs passed, I became persona non grata.

Needless to say, I'm not friends with those people ANY more.  So dumb.

😡<——this needs to be added to the forum emojis.

Hugs GG♥️♥️

Edited by JonnieUniteUs
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Jackie is so pathetic. She's not strong, and she's not inspirational. She has brought zero to the show, and to think that she has mealy-mouthed and sobbed her way to a longer tenure than the likes of Siggy makes me kinda sad for the viewers. She constantly feels the need to tell people what they're allowed to say to her and call her, but what comes out of her mouth is twice as vile (or just as). Her hypocrisy is tiresome. Newsflash: Just because you're not screaming doesn't mean what you're saying is ok. Volume does not equate with decorum. 

Melissa never wants to hear the word analogy again? Guess not, since your thirty bestie had to throw your niece under the bus to make her point. And it shows us all what a sorry excuse for an "aunt" you are. 

I'm in the minority but I love Tre's jumpsuit. 

Oh, Tre... Louis knows exactly what he signed up for. Please stop pretending he's a shrinking violet. 

She's not signing a prenup??!! TRE PLEASE LOOK OUT FOR YOURSELF NO MATTER WHAT! If not for yourself, for your 4 daughters!

Louis gives me serious shades of my ex... an opportunist ready to take advantage. 

Who is pretending that Melissa would EVER be a bridesmaid in Tre's wedding?? Melissa clearly cannot stand her and has spent a decade trying to destroy her. PLEEEEZ. This is so gross. Melissa supports and defends everyone who goes after Tre. I'm glad they're at least being honest... they're not close. They can barely tolerate each other and it's obvious that just being civil is a struggle. THAT IS OK. You don't have to love and adore your family. I honestly think it would be healthier for all parties involved if they stopped even trying and just agreed to be civil for the kids' sake at large functions. 

I really think Tre is done with this show once she's married. She's over it, and it's for the best.

• Love 3
On 5/4/2022 at 8:44 PM, bichonblitz said:

I was shocked to hear Tre say she never loved Juicy Joe, she married him to get out of the house. Louie is her one true love, her soulmate! Her daughters must love hearing that. Can they really be that crazy about Louie as Tre says or is she just being delusional as always? 

The rewriting of her juicy love story makes me wonder if tomato face is one of those insecure dudes that need to be constantly reassured he's the best everything you ever had. They like to hear things like...I never knew love before you, didn't enjoy sex or orgasm before you, biggest dick I've ever had, most attractive man in the world. They often want you to rid yourself of photos, gifts, etc from exes as a way to prove they're all that matters to you.

I don't think her dawters are as excited about loooey as Tre does. She prompts fulfillment of her delusion by asking gaslighting questions...you girls love loooooey, right? He's sooo great, right?...any acknowledgement (twitch of an eye) is met with....I'm soooo glad you girls love him too! They seem to like him fine, but no gushing.

• Love 6
On 5/4/2022 at 2:50 PM, beaker73 said:

I hope Teresa skips the pre-nup and that Neanderthal grifter takes her for every penny. 

Luis has legit money....way more than Teresa has .....he is very financially successful...well before he met her. He’s not a nice or normal guy...but he is loaded from his businesses that he has 

• Useful 2

Joe G.: "Nobody can say 'boo' about Louie." Yup. Exactly. 

The finale episode said all I need to know. Louie walking off "I'm done!" With veins popping and all red on the face. Then Tree did the nervous laugh. That laugh of embarrassed and protective and "playing it off."  It was disturbing.  I hate seeing that stuff.

Andy suggesting the prenup is SPOT ON. This will end UGLY. The daughters know mom is walking them all into a bloodbath but can't say a thing. This blind lust/ beginning stages of "love" is a problem and a lot of people make mistakes. I always respect these people who get out of relationships and go on to take their time SLOWLY getting to know someone or just stay single like "it's not worth it." Because looking for love immediately especially the way Tree wants to almost rewrite the past and correct some image of herself in a reapectful blissful relationship is a slippery slope. She is saying "the love of my life." I mean, you've both been through a whole life and families before this.. you can cut the act of "newlywed" romance. It's a bit much. You can't erase Joe Giudice. Louie never admitted to anything besides "I've made mistakes too in the past." It's ambiguous. JoeGo wanted the nitty gritty like "yes, I vandalized my ex's property." Say something apropos of what's being asked. Not a "I made mistakes." How many "thirsty ex's" can ONE MAN have? 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Joe G.: "Nobody can say 'boo' about Louie." Yup. Exactly. 

The finale episode said all I need to know. Louie walking off "I'm done!" With veins popping and all red on the face. Then Tree did the nervous laugh. That laugh of embarrassed and protective and "playing it off."  It was disturbing.  I hate seeing that stuff.

Andy suggesting the prenup is SPOT ON. This will end UGLY. The daughters know mom is walking them all into a bloodbath but can't say a thing. This blind lust/ beginning stages of "love" is a problem and a lot of people make mistakes. I always respect these people who get out of relationships and go on to take their time SLOWLY getting to know someone or just stay single like "it's not worth it." Because looking for love immediately especially the way Tree wants to almost rewrite the past and correct some image of herself in a reapectful blissful relationship is a slippery slope. She is saying "the love of my life." I mean, you've both been through a whole life and families before this.. you can cut the act of "newlywed" romance. It's a bit much. You can't erase Joe Giudice. Louie never admitted to anything besides "I've made mistakes too in the past." It's ambiguous. JoeGo wanted the nitty gritty like "yes, I vandalized my ex's property." Say something apropos of what's being asked. Not a "I made mistakes." How many "thirsty ex's" can ONE MAN have? 

That was Jackie's point from the beginning...just dismissing allegations of multiple women as crazy, thirsty, etc. is a major red flag.  It's not even just one ex.  It's multiple.  

• Love 5
(edited)

I hate to say it but I  agree with Theresa. In all honesty I don’t want to be anyone’s bridesmaid at eight months pregnant swollen feet uncomfortable gotta worry about trying on dresses fittings finding shoes. a wedding isn’t a one day thing it’s a long event and a process so she had to deal with all that pregnant. I’m not mad at her for being annoyed that her sister-in-law decided to have a date right around where she’s about to give birth. Of course she wants to participate in her only brothers big day so she’s gonna participate and not say no it’s her brother she wants to be able to enjoy and celebrate but I do think that it was a bit sketch to decide on a date that is so inconvenient for a key family member of the grooms family in all honesty.
Considering what we’ve seen on how Melissa moves iCan believe that there was a little bit of pettiness in her decision. I’m just trying to keep it real. They’ve had a serious tit-for-tat issue between them for as long as we’ve seen them on our TVs so I do believe Melissa’s decision was a bit to stick it to Theresa. Is Theresa really going to be able to enjoy a bridal shower to its fullest or a bachelorette party to its fullest or an engagement dinner or pre-wedding dinner to its fullest while she’s pregnant? Now I understand that it’s not Theresa’s day of course not but she is Joe’s sister so it’s a happy occasion she’s his sister everyone involved should be happy and celebratory and should be able to enjoy it almost as much as the people getting married if you really are trying to include family and if the event that we know it was So I’m not surprised and I don’t fault Theresa for taking it the way she’s taking it because I’d a been Hella annoyed that I couldn’t really celebrate in full because I was pregnant you know what I’m trying to say? I want to be able to fully celebrate fully enjoy be comfortable be able to be in the moment and at eight months pregnant or six months pregnant…. trying on dresses or what have you it would probably be a miserable or at least a very challenging experience for Theresa and I think it’s a little disappointing and sad to know that she couldn’t really be in the moment because during all these activities she’s also pregnant and dealing with whatever symptoms or affects or whatever she was dealing with while being pregnant. Speaking as someone who had a very miserable and uncomfortable pregnancy throughout yeah I really am feeling Theresa with this one so sorry not sorry. Lol 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

I do think that it was a bit sketch to decide on a date that is so inconvenient for a key family member of the grooms family in all honesty.

Most big fat Jersey weddings (which I am pretty positive would describe what Melissa and Joe had) are planned at least a year in advance. So the wedding date would have been set long before Teresa found out she was preggo. Maybe she shouldn’t have got knocked up before the big day!

On 5/12/2022 at 9:00 AM, Kdawg82 said:

Then Tree did the nervous laugh. That laugh of embarrassed and protective and "playing it off."  It was disturbing.  I hate seeing that stuff.

That’s exactly what she used to do with Joe. I was pretty ok with Louie up until that moment. Definite red flag.

Jennifer disappointed me. Hitching her wagon solely to Teresa is a misstep. I like her and I hope she walks some of her shit back.

I actually felt bad for Joe and Melissa. Joe is a Neanderthal, but I think he’s harmless. I do think he loves his family. He loves his wife very obviously. I think he’s been very hurt by Teresa. When they first came in the show I couldn’t stand them, but I’m seeing it differently now.

As far as clothing, well it was a pretty low bar but to me Jen looked the best. Worst-hands down Delores. Such an ill fitting dress and it didn’t flatter her at all. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I hate to say it but I  agree with Theresa. In all honesty I don’t want to be anyone’s bridesmaid at eight months pregnant swollen feet uncomfortable gotta worry about trying on dresses fittings finding shoes. a wedding isn’t a one day thing it’s a long event and a process so she had to deal with all that pregnant. I’m not mad at her for being annoyed that her sister-in-law decided to have a date right around where she’s about to give birth.

Most weddings where a specific venue is wanted, have to be scheduled a year in advance.

Why would Melissa deliberately plan a wedding date in order to offend her soon to be sister- in-law? That defies logic. Melissa and Teresa did not have years of issues between them at this point. She was becoming a part of her new husbands family.

Again, Teresa is bringing up stuff from over a decade ago. What a piece of work.

• Love 11
On 5/4/2022 at 5:48 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Isn’t Teresa the one always saying family is everything and we need to be strong together?

Now her brother is at the friends table????

Reminds me of the Christening Scene - the 1st time we met Melissa and Joe. Where were Teresa and Juicy sitting bc it wasn't at Melissa and Joe's table.

On 5/5/2022 at 6:07 AM, Talented Tenth said:

I wouldn't either if a sibling and wife came on a show I was on, called me garbage and scum then befriended my enemies and talked shit about me.

Is this sarcasm?  Before joining the show Melissa was talking shit about Teresa to Danielle which Danielle brought up at the reunion.  It was the catalyst to Teresa pushing Andy.  Melissa and Joe then got on the show without telling Teresa and buddied up with Teresa's enemies.

When it's all said and done, Gia has a right to defend her father and to not want to hear an uncle say negative things about him in the press or on national tv.  Even if parents are wrong and flawed, anyone who loves and has a relationship with their father wouldn't want extended family bashing their parent.

Melissa blindsided Teresa - Teresa didn't know they were coming on the show until the night before. Teresa called up Kim D and wanted to quit the show. They talked about this on RHUGT.

On 5/5/2022 at 11:06 PM, Momager said:

I think Delores sees through Luis and understands he’s potentially a danger to Teresa and that’s why she immediately said she was fine with not being invited. Maybe she thought if she made a big deal about it, that would give Luis a reason to be upset with Teresa and maybe isolate her from Delores. The guy seems like a nut job.

On 5/6/2022 at 8:19 AM, snarts said:

Delores not attending had nothing to do with Luis. 

She wasn't invited out of respect for Dina who is one Teresa's closest friends and Matron of Honor. 

Delores maintains a friendship with Caroline Manzo, Caroline is Dina's estranged sister, so estranged that Caroline sided with Dina's ex-husband who's awaiting trial for allegedly organizing attacks on Dina and her current husband. 

Dina does not get along with Dolores. Dina hosted the engagement party. Dolores is fine not being invited because she sides with Caroline. Caroline wrote Tommy a good reference letter for his sentencing for when he hired the hit man to beat up Dina and her then boyfriend, now husband. I think Dina is going to be Teresa's maid of honor.

Melissa doesn't have Teresa's back any more than Teresa has Melissa's. Teresa texted Melissa about not talking about Luis, and Melissa walks right out and tells the other women about Teresa's texts. In past seasons the only time I really remember Tre having Melissa's is when Jacqueline said she had a nose job. Joe calls people all sorts of names, yet you say one thing back to him like "Bitch Girl" and he storms off. He and Teresa were raised in some weird toxic environment. 

As for Andy telling Teresa that he would've brought up Luis's dirt, I want him to start bringing up Marge's dirt and Joe Gorga's dirt. The HW all complain about this being the Tre Show, yet we have all this gossip going around about Marge having people sue her, Joe Gorga being on Good Morning America for advertising other people's houses as his own work and rumors of him having credit issues at Home Depot, Tracie and Tiki and their origin story. Dolores and Frank as the origin of Evan cheating story and Dolores as the origin of Bill cheating from working in Bill's office at the time. Somehow, Andy only has time to go after Luis's stuff. These people are all the lowest of the low.

• Love 3
(edited)

Just because someone is "faaammbly" doesn't mean they have to be your BFF & you need to "ride or die" for them.  Sometimes you can barely stomach them.  But you don't need to preach how it's "all about faaammmbly" and  "what mommy and daddy would think," etc. That argument tends to usually be self serving and one-sided. I have to overwhelmingly take Melissa and Joe's side on this. They just made the most sense. End of the day though, don't even bring up where you were seated because by now, you KNOW youre not "close." Delores had more right being upset she wasn't at the engagement party. I thought friends are the faaammmmbly you choose-- she was blown off big time. 

Funny how Jackie was trying to make nice with Jennifer and thought she's gaining some relevance and attention then Andy abruptly popped up and followed his bread and butter (Tree & JoeGo). LoL Classic! At least Andy admitted he would have been all up in Louie's business no matter what so Marge wasn't even the villain in this. I go between seeing Marge as a shi*-stirrer & sorta kinda harmless for the most part. I mean she wasn't the one digging on Louie and putting stuff out there. It was out there and he seems like a big enough boy to know who he started dating.  

Edited by Kdawg82
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Teresa's mouth is something else. How embarrassing. She can get her point across without resorting to swearing. So unnecessary. I doubt she has any real friends. And the ladies she surrounds herself with are ones that kiss her butt. I'm honestly shocked even Delores seems to be checking out (I know there is some backstory likely related to Dina, but still)

• Love 1

It is so profoundly sad that Teresa's criteria for a dream man is basically "he doesn't yell at me."

loathe that woman, but even she deserves better. 

• Love 4

I disagree with Teresa Giudice about 99.99999% of life, but she's totally right that Joe Gorga is way too involved in this show for someone who is not a Housewife. 

• Love 1
On 5/3/2022 at 11:26 PM, Bronzedog said:

Teresa saying Melissa shouldn’t have gotten married while she, Teresa, was 8 months pregnant was the most egotistical, ridiculous thing I’ve heard any of these women say.

OMG that was amazing. It was like one of those "Am I the Asshole?" threads on Reddit where the person just gets eviscerated by the commentariat. If the situation had been reversed, Teresa probably would have critiqued Melissa for getting pregnant when she knew Teresa was getting married. 

• Love 2
On 5/4/2022 at 8:41 AM, MsMalin said:

There were some honest to God laugh out loud moments for me last night: Theresa saying being high makes people think more clearly ( or something to that effect)

Yeah wait, and also everyone saying Jennifer is high all of the time and nobody -- including Jennifer -- denying it?!  What??  I was so interested in that tidbit of information but then they brushed right by it. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/4/2022 at 11:21 AM, MaggieG said:

I felt bad for both Joe and Melissa last night and I normally don't care that much about them. Mel seemed genuinely hurt when she talked about how she wouldn't be a bridesmaid but Louie's sisters would be. And how they (and Teresa's niece and nephews) were relegated to a friend table. They may have not had good intentions when they first joined the show but I do think they have tried the last couple of years with Tre, especially since Tre and Joe's parents died. And Teresa just cannot see past her own idiotic love bubble. It's very telling what she said in the last episode that she would cut people out if they don't support her relationship. She will do anything and hurt anyone to make it work. Basically Louie is her new family and anyone that came before doesn't matter. I felt bad for Delores too and she's still giving Teresa a pass for not inviting her. And that was such a BS excuse, they only invited couples? The whole pregnant bridesmaid thing was just so beyond. 

Yes, I agree so much with all of this. Melissa isn't my cup of tea (She's probably the NJ housewife I'd most want to go out clubbing with, but that's a really low bar) and I reeaallly dislike Joe Gorga -- omg he's like a grease-blob of toxic masculinity. And yet! I, too, felt bad for them at this reunion. 

But then I also couldn't help feeling bad for Teresa too because so much of what Luis is doing is straight from the pages of How to Be an Abuser 101, and nobody deserves that, not even Teresa Giudice and certainly not her girls. It's like watching a car crash about to happen in slow motion. Horrific. 

Edited by ladle
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/3/2022 at 10:30 PM, Cozytea said:

Why? She called him a crook and a bitch boy. He literally air slapped not actually slapped. Jennifer can definitely dish insults. These people say awful things to each other, shut up isn't that bad.  I personally would never talk to someone like that. However I think Jennifer's delicate nature can take it, just saying. 

Exactly! So these women think they can name call men anything, but how dare they say anything back? It's always the most aggressive women who are suddenly all "I'm just a girl" when it's convenient. 

That was one thing, but it was another for Teresa to be so aggressive with her own brother. 

On 5/4/2022 at 9:36 AM, kristen111 said:

I kind of felt sorry for Melissa last night.  She’s not good for reality tv.  She doesn’t look for trouble, doesn’t knock anyone, isn’t combatative.  You have to be a cut throat, which Melissa is not.  Plus, she has no storyline.  She looks uncomfortable fighting.  Too soft, but nice.

People like to shit on the Gorgas, but both Joe and Melissa are much nicer people than Teresa, at least on the show. 

I think what Melissa brings is calm to the show. They can't all be Teresas.

Edited by RealHousewife