Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E14: Reunion Part 1

Message added by TexasGal,

Reminders!  Talk about the episode only - individual wives have their own threads for extended convos about them.  Be civil. Use the ignore feature if someone gets under your skin.

• Start Topic

We all know that Tre is a profoundly unintelligent and vile person. That has been obvious for quite sometime. I had such hope for her when she came home from “camp” and then again after the Ultimate Girls’ Trip. But, alas. 
The one I really don’t understand is Jenn. She has finally built some goodwill with the viewers this season by turning down her vileness; if she had kept on she might of actually become kinda sorta a viewer favorite. To come on the reunion fully up Tre’s ass was a HUGE misstep on her part. She’s hitched her wagon to the wrong pony because I would not be surprised if Tre does not come back next season, either voluntarily or involuntarily. What then for Jen? None of the others would want to be around her or trust her, she’s burned all her bridges. 

• Love 17
53 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

That's exactly it. Didn't they go behind Tre's back to try to get on the show without talking to her about it first? Same with cousins Kathy and Rosie? 

Tre and Louie never fight because Tre is afraid of Louie. She doesn't want to rock the boat. From everything we have heard about him (and I believe his ex's) dude has quite a temper.  

Delores being ok with Tre not inviting her to the engagement party is all kinds of f'ed up. She's just as far up Tre's ass as Jennifer is. Also, I'm not understanding the rift between Delores and Jennifer. Something else must have happened between them off camera. 

I was shocked to hear Tre say she never loved Juicy Joe, she married him to get out of the house. Louie is her one true love, her soulmate! Her daughters must love hearing that. Can they really be that crazy about Louie as Tre says or is she just being delusional as always? 

Teresa acts like NO ONE EVER went on the Internet and Googled Louie...We all did the minute we found out she was dating someone! I did because I wanted to see what kind of an asshat would be dating her after her little hook ups with much younger guys. When I Googled him a treasure trove of info popped up about this guy and none of it was good. Beat up a guy at a stop sign because he had some road rage incident with him; domestic assault with his ex wife and other women...if I looked up stuff, one wonders why Teresa never did...or why little Miss Smarty Pants Gia never did. Teresa really is dumb...Andy begging her to get a pre nup was too funny....obviously Andy thinks Louie is sketchy like the rest of us.

Yes..it was shocking why Teresa married Juicy! I mean she actually said she wasn't in love with him and only married him to get out of her "old school Italian parents house" because they were so strict. Bitch please...you had your "old school" parents wrapped around your little finger. You convinced them that your brother didn't have their best interests at heart and that Juicy did...you said negative stuff about Melissa to them so that they treated her like crap. You were the favorite and you played them like a violin...you could have been banging Juicy every night in your bedroom and they wouldn't have cared. You married him because he was the only one who asked you to. It's not like you had a three or four proposals to choose from...you only had one and that was from loser Joe Guidice. But hey...no time like the present to reveal your true intentions for marrying the father of your four girls...I'm sure they appreciate this public confessional on national TV. 

• Love 22

Teresa would rather say that she was never in love with the man she claimed was “absolutely delicious and juicy” than indicate she was wrong about him or that she built up their love and wealth for the show. 
She’s doing the same thing with Luis. Everything is perfect, we never fight, we are in love love love.......etc

• Love 20
22 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Tre will never get over Melissa and Joe joining her show. 

I wouldn't either if a sibling and wife came on a show I was on, called me garbage and scum then befriended my enemies and talked shit about me.

19 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I kind of felt sorry for Melissa last night.  She’s not good for reality tv.  She doesn’t look for trouble, doesn’t knock anyone, isn’t combatative.  You have to be a cut throat, which Melissa is not.  Plus, she has no storyline.  She looks uncomfortable fighting.  Too soft, but nice.

Is this sarcasm?  Before joining the show Melissa was talking shit about Teresa to Danielle which Danielle brought up at the reunion.  It was the catalyst to Teresa pushing Andy.  Melissa and Joe then got on the show without telling Teresa and buddied up with Teresa's enemies.

14 hours ago, amarante said:

I actually have felt sympathetic towards Gorga since the whole Gia thing and NOT because I hold some kind of old fashioned ideas that a younger person shouldn't have the right to have issues with an older person when it involves them - as theoretically having Juicy Joe criticized as her parent involves her. However she is as dense as Teresa is in terms of the reality of the situation - Gorga was 1) actually defending Teresa and she agreed with Gorga's defense in terms of what Juicy had done - and Teresa has actually said worse about Juicy and 2) Juicy is the one who criticized Gorga and Melissa to start. Joe Gorga was truly in a position where he is damned whatever he does - for not supporting his sister and for criticizing Juicy.

When it's all said and done, Gia has a right to defend her father and to not want to hear an uncle say negative things about him in the press or on national tv.  Even if parents are wrong and flawed, anyone who loves and has a relationship with their father wouldn't want extended family bashing their parent.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
(edited)

Damn Teresa for making me sympathize with Melissa. Yes, Tre is clearly still pissed about Joe and Melissa joining the show. And Kathy?? Jeez get over it. That said Joe and Melissa are garbage. Tre doesn't want more than a I see my relatives on holidays relationship. I dont know why Joe can't just accept that and move on. They are all middle aged. Its unbelievable how they get mad about every perceived slight. And Tre is not responsible for her exes shit talk. But Tre also cant keep going back 20 years to justify her anger.. Life is too short people. Btw no way will Andy will let Joe quit. He's reality gold. 

Tre's lips were crazy. I couldn't stop looking. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Teresa would rather say that she was never in love with the man she claimed was “absolutely delicious and juicy” than indicate she was wrong about him or that she built up their love and wealth for the show. 
She’s doing the same thing with Luis. Everything is perfect, we never fight, we are in love love love.......etc

I actually thought that she was being honest. Old school italian parents are overbearing and she likely wanted out and since Joe was Italian they likely encouraged her. I was surprised when she said Juicy wanted a prenuptial. I mean seriously I can't believe Juicy was bringing a lot to the table. I thought that was weird. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

When it's all said and done, Gia has a right to defend her father and to not want to hear an uncle say negative things about him in the press or on national tv. 

The goes both ways.  Juicy has been in the news/social media slamming Joe so do Joe and Melissa's kids have the right to be as self-righteous as Gia?

• Applause 1
  • Love 16
10 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Delores being ok with Tre not inviting her to the engagement party is all kinds of f'ed up. She's just as far up Tre's ass as Jennifer is. Also, I'm not understanding the rift between Delores and Jennifer. Something else must have happened between them off camera. 

I think Delores didn't like how Jennifer played victim when Delores told her to stop crying (about the Bill affair I believe). It looked like a mean moment to the viewers, but Delores explained that there was context. She and Jennifer had had a conversation before that event, that wasn't filmed, where Jennifer told Delores to not let her cry or words to that effect. 

So then they're filming and Jennifer starts crying, Delores tells her to stop or don't do that. Then Jennifer starts using it as a storyline about how mean and inappropriate Delores was to her. Beyond that she then went on social media as the shows started airing and played up her victim (of Delores being mean to her) role for the viewing public.  So Delores has been getting angry and that's what she was talking about in this part 1.  And even after Delores gave this explanation, Jennifer was doubling down on deflection and "it's not my fault" mode.

I think this was a good example of why many of the others came into this season not wanting to film with Jennifer. She's pretty stealth at playing the game.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6

Dolores could have had Frank go to the engagement party as her +1.  It’s a weak excuse. I saw someone post online what they had heard was the reason why she wasn’t invited; not sure if I can post it here.

The first time I saw Luis, immediately said he’s a scammer, after her money. Tre is a dim bulb, an easy mark. Just coddle and compliment her and you’re golden.

• Love 13
57 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

The goes both ways.  Juicy has been in the news/social media slamming Joe so do Joe and Melissa's kids have the right to be as self-righteous as Gia?

There's nothing self righteous about anyone not wanting their extended family to speak badly about their father.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Talented Tenth said:

There's nothing self righteous about anyone not wanting their extended family to speak badly about their father.

but those same kids speaking badly about their extended family (Joe and Mel) for YEARS on camera is ok? 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 11
34 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

but those same kids speaking badly about their extended family (Joe and Mel) for YEARS on camera is ok? 

What you are doing is presenting a strawman argument which is a logical fallacy and attacking a different subject than the one being discussed.  The poster I responded to initially was team Joe in the Gia vs. Joe discussion.  I am team Gia when it comes to not wanting extended family to bash her father.  There is no other conclusion that can be drawn from that stance.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
Just now, Talented Tenth said:

What you are doing is presenting a strawman argument which is a logical fallacy and attacking a different subject than the one being discussed.  The poster I responded to initially was team Joe in the Gia vs. Joe discussion.  I am team Gia when it comes to not wanting extended family to bash her father.  There is no other conclusion that can be drawn from that stance.

Not at all you are defending them but not seeing that they are guilty of talking about family themselves.. Tre has let them speak Ill of Joe and Melissa for 10 years on this show… TEN YEARS … Gia has no room to bitch about anyone saying ANYTHING about extended family when she and her whole family again have done it for 10 TEN years ON CAMERA 

• Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, Talented Tenth said:

Agreed.  But that is the way Gia came off.  Attitude.  Just my humble opinion.  

And again, it is a two way street.  Why are Tre's girls more important then Joe and Mel's kids. I personally think the adults never should have included their children in the family issues.  I don't remember seeing Joe or Mel encouraging their kids against Tre or Juicy.  I could be wrong.

And I am not Team anyone.  I was just pointing out there are two sides to every coin.

Edited by gaPeach
to clarify MHO
  • Love 14
18 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

And again, it is a two way street.  Why are Tre's girls more important then Joe and Mel's kids. I personally think the adults never should have included their children in the family issues.  I don't remember seeing Joe or Mel encouraging their kids against Tre or Juicy.  I could be wrong.

Apparently Joe and Melissa’s kids don’t deserve the same consideration 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

He never yells at her...so she says.

• LOL 3
On 5/3/2022 at 7:48 PM, kristen111 said:

How many times will we hear the word Love Bubble?  So tired of that expression.  Grow up you Bubble Head with the stars in your eyes.

correct me if I am wrong.. but it is natural and normal for a bubble to burst, right ?

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
(edited)
On 4/29/2022 at 2:41 PM, Back Atcha said:

HaHaHa.     Teresa's getting married?  Melissa actually WANTS to be involved in that dreck...I mean beautiful religious event?

More camera time and money in her pocket if Mel was part of the wedding. Tre sure picked her wedding party fast - but I guess the 4 daughters were a given... Is Gia the maid of honor - she's Tre closest friend...

when is the wedding Bravo special - Teresa Gets Married ? ... I mean NeNe had a special , Kandi had a special.. sure Andy's wallet has a room for a few more coins seeing a middle aged person throw a big wedding full of back-story and yelling BS..

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

I almost couldn't get through this episode.  Was there more than 5 minutes of normal inside-voice talking amongst the shrieking?  I couldn't have followed ANYONE'S argument if I'd wanted to because I legit couldn't make out words.

All I can say is:

1) Teresa honestly thinks people believe her when she says she was never really in love with Juicy Joe?  After all the times/places she either wanted him to bang her or bragged about him banging her?

2) I go back and forth on whether Teresa is a full-blown narcissist or just desperate to keep people from peering too closely at the things she says and does for fear that they're recognize exactly how dumb she is (as if it's not already obvious), so she deflects and makes them scramble to defend themselves so they get distracted.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I think Louie has her mesmerized.  It didn’t take much as she’s not all there in the head.  Looks like he will isolate her until something happens, like something bad I fear.  Like she will lose all her money?  Hmmmm.  I don’t know about a Spin-off.  Will it be all about Louie’s whole family?  She burned bridges with her family and friends.

She is the perfect mark for a grifter. He is earning it for having to spend so much time with this pig headed, grudge holding, narcissistic, hypocritical imbecile.

23 hours ago, Marley GMA said:

This woman (Teresa), is without a doubt the stupidest woman I know.   That is all that needs to be said. Makes me nuts that she actually gets paid good money for being so dumb? SMH

And the one who is responsible for this is the biggest ass kisser of them all, Andy Cohen. 

17 hours ago, nichelle said:

I'm not attempting to be mean. I just don't understand how her brain works. 

That's because it doesn't work.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:
13 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

He never yells at her...so she says.

It's possible that he never DOES yell.  He pulls her face close to his--by her jaw...fills his eyes with HATE, and then grits his teeth while he spews DEATH THREATS--quietly...very quietly.   See?  That's not yelling.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, sATL said:

More camera time and money in her pocket if Mel was part of the wedding. Tre sure picked her wedding party fast - but I guess the 4 daughters were a given... Is Gia the maid of honor - she's Tre closest friend...

when is the wedding Bravo special - Teresa Gets Married ? ... I mean NeNe had a special , Kandi had a special.. sure Andy's wallet has a room for a few more coins seeing a middle aged person throw a big wedding full of back-story and yelling BS..

“ I bought two dresses, one for the ceremony, one for afta”.  What a Bubble Head.  That’s all she cares about.  Will they be her trademark jumpsuits?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Actually, Mel and Joe Grosgas kids are not on much .  And whenever the daughter is on it seems like she can't stand Mel's interference in her life. I really don't think Antonia wants to be on the show. We haven't gotten to know her like we did Tres kids so who knows what they are like?

I always thought that when a couple never fights it is because one or both is holding back. No way can you agree on everything. Then again,they have not been together for very long.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, MsMalin said:

I always thought that when a couple never fights it is because one or both is holding back. No way can you agree on everything.

I agree.  My late-ex-husband and I never "fought."  We had minor disagreements but never anything big--never even argued.  So...was I shocked when the kids and I came home from a school open house and he was GONE? Permanently? Yes!  Dumbfounded--everyone was.  Shocked!  He chose a time while we would be gone for a few hours--cleared out a lot of stuff--and moved in with his secretary.  He was just someone who blended in with everyone--agreed with everyone--LIED to everyone.   The kids and I got over it.  Over him.  LEARNED from him.

• Love 7
On 5/4/2022 at 9:36 AM, kristen111 said:

I kind of felt sorry for Melissa last night.  She’s not good for reality tv.  She doesn’t look for trouble, doesn’t knock anyone, isn’t combatative.  You have to be a cut throat, which Melissa is not.  Plus, she has no storyline.  She looks uncomfortable fighting.  Too soft, but nice.

She isn't combative anymore. Once they suspended filming while Teresa was "away" that was the end of combative Melissa. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 5/3/2022 at 11:33 PM, ninjago said:

Ooof Teresa is only allowed to have friendships with people they go on “double dates” with?  Dolores-her long-time, loyal close friend wasn’t- invited to the party because she’s single?  This is a terrible, controlling sign.

This reminded me of when my husband died.  We had some couple friends that we did dinners with and believe it or not, when Hubs passed, I became persona non grata.

Needless to say, I'm not friends with those people ANY more.  So dumb.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, mandymax said:

I almost couldn't get through this episode.  Was there more than 5 minutes of normal inside-voice talking amongst the shrieking?  I couldn't have followed ANYONE'S argument if I'd wanted to because I legit couldn't make out words.

All I can say is:

1) Teresa honestly thinks people believe her when she says she was never really in love with Juicy Joe?  After all the times/places she either wanted him to bang her or bragged about him banging her?

2) I go back and forth on whether Teresa is a full-blown narcissist or just desperate to keep people from peering too closely at the things she says and does for fear that they're recognize exactly how dumb she is (as if it's not already obvious), so she deflects and makes them scramble to defend themselves so they get distracted.

Teresa is a full blown Narcissist. Full stop. She is also a total idiot. I think you are giving her way too much credit to even consider that she deflects to distract 😀 The comment about Melissa daring to get married while she was pregnant has to be one of the most narcissistic things I have ever heard and I worked with a classic Narcissist for years. How dare someone nit live their life to accommodate Teresa. Even if the whole sentiment wasn't absurd, does dumb as a rock Teresa not realize planning a wedding is usually a months long project and how dare Joe and Melissa not checking to see when Teresa had sex and might be pregnant? I detest Erika Girardi slightly more than Teresa. I think. But, Teresa is running a really close second.

• Love 13
On 5/4/2022 at 3:21 AM, CrinkleCutCat said:

So Jen is now Teresa’s translator?! That was weird: how Jen had to explain Teresa to everyone.

Yes, Jen speaks fluent dumbass.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
On 5/4/2022 at 4:18 PM, MsMalin said:

Honestly, if I were Melissa's age I would be happy NOT to be in the wedding. I hope I don't offend anyone here, but please.don't tell me Theresa is having a full blown wedding with 10 bridesmaids and a virginal white gown as if she were 21 again.  I imagine it will be a gaudy affair.

Well, in this article there is a photo of the gown Teresa wore for the vow renewal she had with Joe eight years ago…

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/mariah-carey-nick-cannon-renew-wedding-vows-in-paris-2012274/

5 hours ago, gaPeach said:

And I am not Team anyone.  I was just pointing out there are two sides to every coin.

This isn't an issue of importance.  Gia and Joe Gorga are blood related.  Gorga is entitled to his opinion about Guidice.  Gorga's love for Gia and her sisters should outweigh the need to publicly bash Guidice.  The girls have made it known that it hurts them when Gorga talks bout about Guidice negatively.  It's okay to take the high road.  Even if what Gorga says is 100% true, it is unreasonable to expect Gia and her sisters to side with Gorga over their own father. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

I do see why Tre resented Joe and Melissa joining the show. However, they’ve had so many scenes of supposedly trying to heal yet she keeps coming back to the past.  
I don’t get the need for a lot of bridesmaids for a second wedding for a 50 year old woman but it would have gone a long way for Tre to ask Melissa if she was interested in having a better relationship with Joe. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

The first time I saw Luis, immediately said he’s a scammer, after her money. Tre is a dim bulb, an easy mark. Just coddle and compliment her and you’re golden.

Yes, exactly.  And this is why everyone from Andy to Bethenny Frankel ask her to have a prenup.   Andy was very direct with her at the reunion that he wants her to sign a prenup.

• Love 4

I think Delores sees through Luis and understands he’s potentially a danger to Teresa and that’s why she immediately said she was fine with not being invited. Maybe she thought if she made a big deal about it, that would give Luis a reason to be upset with Teresa and maybe isolate her from Delores. The guy seems like a nut job.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 5/4/2022 at 11:38 AM, snarts said:

That said, the Gorgas knew what they were getting into and yet they still wanted/want the paycheck. You can't expect to be treated like family only when it serves your needs.  If they really cared about their relationship with Teresa and her daughters, they'd keep the family stuff private. I'd say the same thing about Teresa if they'd preceded her on the show and she clamored to be part of it later. 

I forgot where, but somebody told me Teresa didn’t want Joe & Melissa on the show.  The Gorgas went to Bravo and begged them to put them on the show too. ??????

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Momager said:

I think Delores sees through Luis and understands he’s potentially a danger to Teresa and that’s why she immediately said she was fine with not being invited. Maybe she thought if she made a big deal about it, that would give Luis a reason to be upset with Teresa and maybe isolate her from Delores. The guy seems like a nut job.

Delores not attending had nothing to do with Luis. 

She wasn't invited out of respect for Dina who is one Teresa's closest friends and Matron of Honor. 

Delores maintains a friendship with Caroline Manzo, Caroline is Dina's estranged sister, so estranged that Caroline sided with Dina's ex-husband who's awaiting trial for allegedly organizing attacks on Dina and her current husband. 

• Useful 10
  • Love 5
(edited)
48 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I forgot where, but somebody told me Teresa didn’t want Joe & Melissa on the show.  The Gorgas went to Bravo and begged them to put them on the show too. ??????

this has been a rumor that Tre and her fans have pushed .. Andy said it wasn't true. but apparently that's not enough to squash this ..this show was about families first Dina and her sister and sister in law ... then it changed to Tre and her sister in law and brother ... its ALWAYS had a family angle and Bravo tries to cast with people who actually know each other because it was easier and more organic then just throwing in new people most of the time 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 5

I forgot where, but somebody told me Teresa didn’t want Joe & Melissa on the show.  The Gorgas went to Bravo and begged them to put them on the show too.

That could be right.

Andy said it wasn't true

Andy says a lot of things that aren't true.

• Love 7

The season was mostly unwatchable and the reunion was too.  I tuned in, it gave me a headache so I'm just here for the comments.  I was a Tre fan.  We're the same age and she reminded me a friend from high school.  Silly, big hair and nails, flashy, kinda ditzy, just waiting to get married and be a mom, even in high school.  Her dream came true but she kept maturing and growing as a person.  I'm embarrassed I ever made the comparison.  Tre, jeez, just do some self reflection or something.  Its scary how self absorbed she is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

This isn't an issue of importance.  Gia and Joe Gorga are blood related.  Gorga is entitled to his opinion about Guidice.  Gorga's love for Gia and her sisters should outweigh the need to publicly bash Guidice.  The girls have made it known that it hurts them when Gorga talks bout about Guidice negatively.  It's okay to take the high road.  Even if what Gorga says is 100% true, it is unreasonable to expect Gia and her sisters to side with Gorga over their own father. 

I do agree with this part. Guidice is scum, everyone knows that, but his daughters should not have to hear their uncle ranting about it on national television.  They love their father. Go figure, but they do. That said, I do not want to see or hear from Gia as much as we did this season. She can enable her mother behind the scenes all she wants but stay off the screen. This isn't Real Housewives and their equally annoying Kids, adult or otherwise.  Much less Gia next season. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, snarts said:

Delores not attending had nothing to do with Luis. 

She wasn't invited out of respect for Dina who is one Teresa's closest friends and Matron of Honor. 

Delores maintains a friendship with Caroline Manzo, Caroline is Dina's estranged sister, so estranged that Caroline sided with Dina's ex-husband who's awaiting trial for allegedly organizing attacks on Dina and her current husband. 

Speaking of Caroline, she, Vikie Gunvalson and Jill Zarin will appear in a theatre near me on Long Island.  What they will do or say, I have no idea.  Can’t imagine. Maybe dish about Teresa?

• LOL 2
On 5/5/2022 at 9:46 AM, poeticlicensed said:

I actually thought that she was being honest. Old school italian parents are overbearing and she likely wanted out and since Joe was Italian they likely encouraged her. I was surprised when she said Juicy wanted a prenuptial. I mean seriously I can't believe Juicy was bringing a lot to the table. I thought that was weird. 

I wasn't sure how to take that one.

On the one hand, I have known people who have been married, divorced, met somebody new and fell in love again and have said how different it really is and they just didn't know any better before.  So on the one hand, I do believe that the realization of what love can and should feel like does happens the second time around.

But that doesn't quite work for Teresa.  I suspect that those statements were driven by a combination of the Louie love bombing, plus I have a hunch Louie needs to hear that kind of stuff.  I also think Tre in some way thinks that you are supposed to make statements like today, that it adds legitimacy to the relationship in some way.

I can't imagine her girls liked hearing that though.  

• Love 5