Type keyword(s) to search

The Addams Family (1964) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The Show that was Altogether Ooky long before ooky was cool or popular! 

Could anyone have imagined that a show with a cast that included a onetime Elvis-movie costar born (of all places)  in Amarillo, Texas, a future spouse of the then-teen sitcom performer Patty Duke, a former child superstar whose parents had spent all his wealth before adulthood, along with the older sister of the  1930's movie singing idol Jeannette MacDonald could have worked? 

Yet, this was a family who not only embraced their ookiness but adored each other  for who they were while trying (and failing) to be gracious hosts to the square folks who visited them! 

Anyone else up for spending time with a family who considered witches and dragons to be the heroes in stories and who celebrated Halloween by bobbing for . ..crabs?

So get ready to snap those fingers while paying a call on . . .see the above title! LOL

• Love 6
(edited)
On 4/28/2022 at 11:40 PM, Badger said:

Ken Weatherwax who played Pugsley was a member of the family that owned and trained the dogs who played Lassie.

AND he was the half-brother of  the performer Joey D. Viera (who had already become semi-famous for playing Jeff's pal Porky in Lassie under the stage name of Donald Keeler) as well as the maternal nephew of the 1930's dancing movie sensation, Ruby Keeler!  No, I don't recall Pugsley ever attempting to tap dance. However, in 'Morticia and the Psychiatrist' (1964) Morticia and Gomez  seek  psychiatric help  for their elder child after being alarmed at their son having a preteen rebellion via wearing a Boy Scout uniform and playing with a 'p-u-p-p-y' ! Yes, the latter development so disturbs his mother that she has to spell out the term for a young dog rather than verbalize it. BTW, it was NOT a collie . They follow the shrink's advice to temporarily indulge Pugsley in his whims and he soon regains his normal ookiness- which spurs the shrink himself to close shop! 

Edited by Blergh
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Oh sweet, a thread for the Addams! About time!

For all their quirks and “unique” interests, they were really just a sweet family. They just happened to believe everyone else was weird lol. 

And Gomez and Morticians really were couple goals…although I don’t think anybody wants to be that passionate all the time.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Oh sweet, a thread for the Addams! About time!

For all their quirks and “unique” interests, they were really just a sweet family. They just happened to believe everyone else was weird lol. 

And Gomez and Morticians really were couple goals…although I don’t think anybody wants to be that passionate all the time.

And  even though they were all perfectly content to have each other for company, they did their best to be good hosts to any guests and were willing to give them the benefit of the doubt as long as possible that said guests were NOT 'weird'.

Also, refreshing that they were seen creating things (albeit warped) such as painting, sculpting,knitting,reading, etc. when relaxing with each other instead of being zonked out in front of a TV set (or nowadays thumbing Smartphones). 

John Astin has said that HE was the one who insisted that Gomez and Morticia have a strong physical bond for each other- and added   that theirs was the only duo sitcoms back then in which the audience had no problems believing that they had actually conceived their offspring!

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Blergh said:

Also, refreshing that they were seen creating things (albeit warped) such as painting, sculpting,knitting,reading, etc. when relaxing with each other instead of being zonked out in front of a TV set (or nowadays thumbing Smartphones). 

I believe that if I were wealthy I'd basically be Morticia Addams. I'd have a house full of whatever random stuff caught my interest and I would spend time doing whatever hobby sounded interesting. I'd paint, and write books and make things, go on treasure hunts, picnic in the moonlight, and most definitely fence with my husband. Those fencing scene's were hot! (the chemistry between John and Caroline was palpable, which helped, a lot). I'd probably also dress like every day is Halloween, though I'd have a far larger wardrobe. I love costumes. 

The Addams' really knew how to enjoy life. I do think that if I could be any fictional character it would be Morticia Addams. 

• Love 7
(edited)
12 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I believe that if I were wealthy I'd basically be Morticia Addams. I'd have a house full of whatever random stuff caught my interest and I would spend time doing whatever hobby sounded interesting. I'd paint, and write books and make things, go on treasure hunts, picnic in the moonlight, and most definitely fence with my husband. Those fencing scene's were hot! (the chemistry between John and Caroline was palpable, which helped, a lot). I'd probably also dress like every day is Halloween, though I'd have a far larger wardrobe. I love costumes. 

The Addams' really knew how to enjoy life. I do think that if I could be any fictional character it would be Morticia Addams. 

The late Carolyn Jones was surprisingly agile in that form fitting full-length black dress- even when dancing and fencing! John Astin has also said that they had different senses of humor which they EACH brought to the table and they evidently respected each other's professional commitment as performers! At Miss Jones's own request, he gave the eulogy at  her funeral in 1983 (and has said that he still misses her). 

BTW, you're not the only one who wanted to be Morticia Addams. Long before she got cast in the part for the 2010 Broadway musical adaptation of the series, Bebe Neuwirth has gone on record as saying she admired the younger Mrs. Addams's qualities and wanted to embody them from her own childhood onward! It's not hard to imagine that Miss Neuwirth added some Tish nuances in her portrayal of Lilith   which definitely helped out Cheers and Frazier

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 7

Probably some of you fans already know this, but I have read that John Astin came up with the famous "finger snap" in the theme song after a stint in the chorus of West Side Story.

Just loved those 60s theme songs/introductions, they always let you know what the show was about.  Now they get cut for more commercials.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 5/1/2022 at 11:42 AM, Racj82 said:

Yay! I have a reason to post this.

Ah, the late Ted Cassidy was actually a rather brilliant and intelligent performer but, alas, his 6 foot 9 inch height and very deep speaking voice, he was often typecast as a heavy, goon and. ..alas, a dim bulb.  Here he actually showed he was far more limber than expected!BTW, he also used his larger than usual hands and forearms to play Thing (though they used someone else when both had to be in the same scene).  It also should be noted that, he was actually ruggedly handsome when not in makeup! Sadly, he died at the too-early age of 46 in 1979 after having had surgery to remove a benign growth on his heart (a side effect of his acromegaly which had caused him to grow so huge). 

Although her later life was by no means completely smooth, at least Miss Loring is still with us at age 64- the only living regular cast member besides John Astin! 

Edited by Blergh
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Lmao! Aw Wednesday was so cute in the original series. Not that I don’t like how later versions turned her into the patron saint of goth girls, but still.

She really is adorable.

I think Addams Family largely works because of the heart at the center. They are a loving family. Just different.

I never thought about it until it was laid out in that docuseries on sitcoms last year but shows like this and The Munsters were great at kind of dealing with race issues in the US but not really. The Addams are the "others". They are just living their lives but you have other people judging them or trying to keep them out of places. Something a lot of POC had to deal with back then all the time and often today as well. But, at that core, they are just a loving family. Just a bit different. Being different doesn't have to be a bad thing. Acceptance is also a beautiful thing.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Racj82 said:

She really is adorable.

I think Addams Family largely works because of the heart at the center. They are a loving family. Just different.

I never thought about it until it was laid out in that docuseries on sitcoms last year but shows like this and The Munsters were great at kind of dealing with race issues in the US but not really. The Addams are the "others". They are just living their lives but you have other people judging them or trying to keep them out of places. Something a lot of POC had to deal with back then all the time and often today as well. But, at that core, they are just a loving family. Just a bit different. Being different doesn't have to be a bad thing. Acceptance is also a beautiful thing.

Interesting point! And let's not overlook that not only did was Gomez supposed to have been Spanish but so was his entire extended family including his mother 'Grandmama' Eudora Adams (even though Addams is NOT a Hispanic surname)! 

• Love 4

BTW, you're not the only one who wanted to be Morticia Addams. Long before she got cast in the part for the 2010 Broadway musical adaptation of the series, Bebe Neuwirth has gone on record as saying she admired the younger Mrs. Addams's qualities and wanted to embody them from her own childhood onward! It's not hard to imagine that Miss Neuwirth added some Tish nuances in her portrayal of Lilith   which definitely helped out Cheers and Frazier! 

Oh god, this hits me so hard. I remember when they were making the films in the nineties and I would tell anyone who would listen that Bebe was the only choice to play Morticia!

• Love 5
6 hours ago, roseha said:

It's funny hearing Wednesday tossing around that 60s slang as well!

But let's overlook Morticia linking the then-contemporary dance (spoof) to the traditional Polish mazurka! IMO that was  rather clever of the writers to have brought up that the 'latest' steps often have had much earlier origins!  Also, Morticia kept that fine line of being strict but NOT harsh re insisting that the music time was over and Wednesday accepted her mother's call on this without resentment.

Yeah, I know I'm digging a bit deep re a nearly 60 year old sitcom! LOL

• Love 4

The late Carolyn Jones was surprisingly agile in that form fitting full-length black dress- even when dancing and fencing! John Astin has also said that they had different senses of humor which they EACH brought to the table and they evidently respected each other's professional commitment as performers! At Miss Jones's own request, he gave the eulogy at  her funeral in 1983 (and has said that he still misses her). 

I remember reading somewhere that they had to sew her into that dress every day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 5/2/2022 at 2:38 PM, Racj82 said:

Yup, and I loved how the docuseries pointed out that the Munsters always tried to fit in but the Addams just did their own thing and didn't care what anyone else thought of them. Either way, both families thought everyone else was strange lol.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Yup, and I loved how the docuseries pointed out that the Munsters always tried to fit in but the Addams just did their own thing and didn't care what anyone else thought of them.

They also accepted and appreciated everyone even those who didn't like them. They were just such open, loving people despite their love of torture chambers, spookiness and dark magic. I'm sure being millionaires helped. It's easy to be eccentric when you've got enough money to not need to fit in. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

They also accepted and appreciated everyone even those who didn't like them. They were just such open, loving people despite their love of torture chambers, spookiness and dark magic. I'm sure being millionaires helped. It's easy to be eccentric when you've got enough money to not need to fit in. 

I always aspired to be just like them.

• Love 5
(edited)

I love this show. I wish the was more then two seasons.

Gomez and Morticia are just the best couple. They love each other so much. Yet they also treat each other with respect and support each other. Imagine that! Gomez tries to buy Harvard for her in one episode. There's an episode where they both think the other has fallen in love with someone else. They are hurt but decide to let them go because they want each other to be happy. No jealousy. No acting childish. No, they really just want to make the other happy.

Wednesday is just the cutest. I love the Christmas episode where Gomez, Morticia, Fester, Grandmama, Lurch, and Cousin It all dress up as Santa just to make Wednesday and Pugsley happy. 

My favorite episode though is the one where Gomez gets Amnesia. Then spends the rest of the episode getting clubbed over the head by everyone else int the family going back and forth to normal Gomez and Gomez who hates black and wants a hot dog.  

On 4/28/2022 at 7:33 PM, Blergh said:

The Show that was Altogether Ooky long before ooky was cool or popular! 

Could anyone have imagined that a show with a cast that included a onetime Elvis-movie costar born (of all places)  in Amarillo, Texas, a future spouse of the then-teen sitcom performer Patty Duke, a former child superstar whose parents had spent all his wealth before adulthood, along with the older sister of the  1930's movie singing idol Jeannette MacDonald could have worked? 

Yet, this was a family who not only embraced their ookiness but adored each other  for who they were while trying (and failing) to be gracious hosts to the square folks who visited them! 

Anyone else up for spending time with a family who considered witches and dragons to be the heroes in stories and who celebrated Halloween by bobbing for . ..crabs?

So get ready to snap those fingers while paying a call on . . .see the above title! LOL

They really are great hosts. They try hard to make their guests happy. They apology when they are wrong. When their Halloween guests suggest hide and seek as a game. They are confused by the game but decide to play it anyways. They are guests after all.

On 5/5/2022 at 9:38 AM, peacheslatour said:

I always aspired to be just like them.

I want to be just like Wednesday and Morticia.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

My favorite episode though is the one where Gomez gets Amnesia. Then spends the rest of the episode getting clubbed over the head by everyone else int the family going back and forth to normal Gomez and Gomez who hates black and wants a hot dog.  

And Morticia goes and buys pretty frilly dresses because that's what Amnesia Gomez wanted. They always did seem to put the needs of each other over their own. They are true role models. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

And Morticia goes and buys pretty frilly dresses because that's what Amnesia Gomez wanted. They always did seem to put the needs of each other over their own. They are true role models. 

The Munsters were alright but to me they seemed too jokey and way too loud. The Addams' were much more sophisticated and elegant.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

The Munsters were alright but to me they seemed too jokey and way too loud. The Addams' were much more sophisticated and elegant.

Yeah, that's how they came off while the Addams that was who they were. It was their characters. It was funny how they didn't think they were odd but it never felt like a punchline as it did on the Munsters. Whenever they meet someone who acts weird around them like many guests who run from their house. They don't ever think it was them. Sometimes they find it odd but then Gomez or Morticia will say something like they probably had to go or something and they'll think that was the reason they left. Like why the doctor fled. Even when they find out like the doctor checked into the hospital they think that's a good idea. He needed the rest. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Yeah, that's how they came off while the Addams that was who they were. It was their characters. It was funny how they didn't think they were odd but it never felt like a punchline as it did on the Munsters. Whenever they meet someone who acts weird around them like many guests who run from their house. They don't ever think it was them. Sometimes they find it odd but then Gomez or Morticia will say something like they probably had to go or something and they'll think that was the reason they left. Like why the doctor fled. Even when they find out like the doctor checked into the hospital they think that's a good idea. He needed the rest. 

The poor man had probably been working too hard.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

The poor man had probably been working too hard.

I'm surprised they didn't send him a spare rack or bed of nails from their rec room to help! 

• LOL 7
8 hours ago, patriciahelenkit said:

If i can fantasy cast any actor from any era, Edith Fellows would have made a good Wednesday.

MV5BYWVhYTdiYzYtODMxNi00NmExLWE4MzktMWFiNmEyM2U4ZjRjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTk2MzI2Ng@@..thumb.jpg.8d5ebd4317acf6fe08cdd580a5170a05.jpg

So would a preteen Elizabeth Taylor!

• Love 3
(edited)

Speaking of child performers, let's not overlook Jackie Coogan (1914-1984)himself who'd become a superstar at the age of five co-starring with Charlie Chaplin in The Kid (1921) and had such a rarefied childhood that Babe Ruth came to visit HIM and the Hawaiian born Olympic swimming gold medal winner Duke Kahanamoku personally taught young Coogan to surf!! He was the sole survivor of a car crash at age 20 that killed his father and his best friend  Junior Durkin[who'd played Huckleberry Finn to Coogan's own Tom Sawyer (1930)] in 1935. Nearly as upsetting to young Coogan was when he reached 21 and found out that his mother and new stepfather had SPENT the millions Coogan himself had earned- and, under the laws at the time, as a minor, Coogan had had no claim to these monies on his own. He spent the rest of his life fighting for justice for other child performers and was instrumental in putting forth the Coogan Laws which stipulated standard conditions, education and trusts being mandidated for child performers.  He briefly married the WWII pin-up sensation Betty Grable but he'd marry twice more before he found long lasting happiness with his fourth and final wife Dorothea. 

Anyway, by the time of The Addams Family, he was broke and had a young daughter by his last wife to support so he decided to audition for this role and was relieved to get it and embraced it with gusto!

However, his young daughter  Leslie caught him bitterly crying while he was getting into his makeup. She asked him why -and he responded,

"I used to be the most beautiful child in the world! Now, I'm a hideous monster!"

Edited by Blergh
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Blergh said:

"I used to be the most beautiful child in the world! Now, I'm a hideous monster!"

That is heartbreaking. I hope he knew how beloved Uncle Fester was and how much he did to protect other children from what his parents did to him. That makes him beautiful no matter what makeup and wardrobe put him in. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, patriciahelenkit said:

I don't  like the Ricci version of Wednesday or her subsequent imitators. I think Loring's Wednesday works better. Ricci's Wednesday is a cruel and unpleasant sociopath while Loring's Wednesday is closer to what Charles Addams intended the family to be.

I agree. I think the movie kind of missed the point of who the Addams' were. They weren't anti-social or even anti-normal. They were just living their lives differently but they were always very accepting of others who weren't like them. That was the great thing about them and about the show. It showed that you shouldn't judge someone by their appearance or because they are different. 

Wednesday in the movie was the one who was most off the mark, as well as the relationship between her and Pugsley. I'm sure the writers of the movie thought it would be hilarious to have Wednesday constantly trying to kill her brother but it really wasn't, and wasn't the family I fell in love with as a kid. 

The movie just kind of made them more caricatures while they felt more realistic on the show. I didn't mind the movie (the sequels not so much) but I absolutely LOVE the show. It is one of my all time favorite shows. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

That is heartbreaking. I hope he knew how beloved Uncle Fester was and how much he did to protect other children from what his parents did to him. That makes him beautiful no matter what makeup and wardrobe put him in. 

Gah, poor Jackie Coogan. Everybody loved Uncle Fester, nobody thought he was a monster.

• Love 5

I love both versions of Wednesday. Wednesday from the show is just the cutest. She has good heart for dragons. But also smart. She does a good job convincing Pugsley to hit their father over the head with a club because he was now the "man" of the house. 

I do love Ricci's Wednesday. The school play in the first one with her and Pugsley's sword fight was awesome with the blood splashing everyone and she looked so happy do it. Also, her heartbreak when she learns Uncle Fester isn't really Uncle Fester. She had been suspicious from the beginning but stopped when he helped her and Pugsley practice swordfighting for the play. Leading the revolt at the racist Thanksgiving play at the racist summer camp was awesome. 

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I love both versions of Wednesday. Wednesday from the show is just the cutest. She has good heart for dragons. But also smart. She does a good job convincing Pugsley to hit their father over the head with a club because he was now the "man" of the house. 

I do love Ricci's Wednesday. The school play in the first one with her and Pugsley's sword fight was awesome with the blood splashing everyone and she looked so happy do it. Also, her heartbreak when she learns Uncle Fester isn't really Uncle Fester. She had been suspicious from the beginning but stopped when he helped her and Pugsley practice swordfighting for the play. Leading the revolt at the racist Thanksgiving play at the racist summer camp was awesome. 

image.png.eb0b9fdebd9be1fcce01505717e879f3.png

• LOL 3
(edited)
18 hours ago, patriciahelenkit said:

His quote indicates a broken human being. Jackie's mother and step-father destroyed him.

I wouldn't say Mr. Coogan was broken or destroyed by his female DNA Donor nor her 2nd mate- but he'd definitely had had to deal with blatant betrayals from them for what had happened upon reaching his adulthood-especially so soon after losing his father and best friend in the accident that he alone had survived. If he'd truly been broken or destroyed, he'd have made no attempts to claim the monies he'd made as a child- despite the laws at the time totally considering ALL monies earned by minors to have been the sole property of the minors' parents/guardians instead of the minors themselves. Yes, he had to fight an entire draconian system that harkened back to the days of sweatshops and serfdom  but he DID it- and wound up getting the laws to start recognizing that those who'd actually labored for their earnings were actually entitled to it regardless of age (and, at most, parents and guardians were supposed to administer it on the minors' behalf until they came of age).

To me, the quote was a chilling glimpse in how he'd viewed having fallen from his earlier widespread adoration as a child to being middle aged and obscure but having to appear grotesque in order to support his young family (not unlike the moment when Bette Davis as Baby Jane Hudson screamed and cried when saw herself in the full length mirror as the jaded, sad older woman she had become instead of the adorable, beloved young girl she had been).

While Mr. Coogan DID do good for later generations of child performers (to say nothing of legal minor wage earners), he wasn't entirely a saint and did have a shadowside.

Felix Silla (who played Cousin Itt beneath the haystack of hair) said that at least one time the show's main director Sidney Lanfield berated Mr. Coogan but Mr. Coogan didn't back down. Instead, he replied:

"Don't [mess] with ME! I sued my own MOTHER!"

FWIW, though, Mr. Coogan would claim that he and his female DNA Donor,  Lillian Dolliver Coogan Bernstein (1892-1977) did eventually reconcile though he never trusted her again. It also should be noted that he and his brother Robert Coogan (1924-1978)  had her epitaph use the words 'Our Beloved Mother'. 

Edited by Blergh
  • Useful 3
On 5/15/2022 at 3:20 AM, patriciahelenkit said:

Ricci's Wednesday may be some people's hero but she's not the Wednesday that Charles Addams would have approved of nor was it the Addams family that i have loved for decades. The 1964 Addams's would have opened their hearts to someone who was mistreated - like, well, Jackie Coogan himself - and shown care and compassion. in a way that i cannot see the 1991 Addams's ever doing. 

True. Most modern versions of the Addams Family were more creepy than kooky. They were still nice people, but their tastes ran even darker than the original show. However, I think the Broadway musical version kind of brought back their original innocence (for lack of a better term). The teen Wednesday portrayed in that show was more like the 1964 version.

• Useful 5
5 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Wednesday was such a great character. She was really sweet who loved Spiders, got upset over hearing a story about dragon being killed, and so many more great moments.

An altogether different character than the patron saint of all goth girls she is today. Not that it’s a bad thing, but still, I did love the sweeter Wednesday.

Lest we forget the original dance that Jenna Ortega has to thank:

• Like 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

An altogether different character than the patron saint of all goth girls she is today. Not that it’s a bad thing, but still, I did love the sweeter Wednesday.

Lest we forget the original dance that Jenna Ortega has to thank:

Love the dancing! 

It makes sense that she became the Patron Saint of Goths even if she's no longer the same as she was in the TV show. The Addams family TV show was the first time there were characters into Goth stuff and it not being a bad thing or weird. It was just simply who they were. 

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Love the dancing! 

It makes sense that she became the Patron Saint of Goths even if she's no longer the same as she was in the TV show. The Addams family TV show was the first time there were characters into Goth stuff and it not being a bad thing or weird. It was just simply who they were. 

And Morticia and Gomez had the best TV marriage of all time.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

And Morticia and Gomez had the best TV marriage of all time.

They really did. They loved and supported each other. They were so proud of each other and supported their hobbies and interests as well as being madly in love. They also were the best TV parents of all time. They let their kids be who they were even when they didn't understand like when Pugsley suddenly wants to camp, play sports and get a puppy.  But they don't deny him any of it. They do have him speak to a shrink but just to make sure he's okay. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I'm watching the marathon on the Decades channel (a tribute to Lisa Loring, RIP). Such a great loving family.

Nothing beats the Wednesday dance but one of my favorite is the two parter where Gomez and Morticia are telling the story of how they met. Tish wore a black dress and braids and had headless dolls just like her future daughter.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

I'm watching the marathon on the Decades channel (a tribute to Lisa Loring, RIP). Such a great loving family.

Nothing beats the Wednesday dance but one of my favorite is the two parter where Gomez and Morticia are telling the story of how they met. Tish wore a black dress and braids and had headless dolls just like her future daughter.

And let's not forget she  had been raised with her loopy, blonde older sister Ophelia (with a high pitched voice)  by their mother Hester Frump played by Margaret 'Wicked Witch of the West' Hamilton! Oh, and one obstacle the Gomez and Morticia had to overcome was the fact that their respective mothers Eudora and Hester had betrothed Gomez against his will- to Ophelia!

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Blergh said:

And let's not forget she  had been raised with her loopy, blonde older sister Ophelia (with a high pitched voice)  by their mother Hester Frump played by Margaret 'Wicked Witch of the West' Hamilton! Oh, and one obstacle the Gomez and Morticia had to overcome was the fact that their respective mothers Eudora and Hester had betrothed Gomez against his will- to Ophelia!

Poor Gomez. He so didn't want to be with Ophelia. Hester Frump thought he was calling off the wedding because he was in love with her. I do love that despite Hester and Mama Addams wanting him to marry Ophelia they both got along so well with their son-in-law/daughter-in-law instead of hating them and being an antagonize them like in so many shows.

9 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

I love that Morticia was so much like Wednesday before Gomez. That was so great. Wednesday's going to grow up to be so cool.

• Like 6

I love that Wednesday's first crush is name Robespierre. Of course it would be. Given her favorite doll is a headless Marie Antoniette and she has a gullotine. Unfortunately, it doesn't work out because he's not into gullotines and other things she likes. I do feel bad for him. Why would you name your son Robespierre if you weren't diehard fans of the French Revolution? Also he should start going by Robby or Petey. 

• Like 3