Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Blue Sincerely Reunion

• Start Topic

After attempting to get Megan safely out of Reykjavík, Cassie fears she’s being framed for murder when two bodies are found in Echo Park.

Original Airdate: April 28, 2022
kaley-cuoco_6.jpg?itok=7Miu4HN4

Edited by AnimeMania

I can understand Miranda Croft's (Michelle Gomez) motivations to help Cassie, since all of Miranda's newly acquired wealth was given to her by Cassie. But, I can't see what Utada (Margaret Cho) was getting out of helping Megan. Utada blew up her entire life and gave Megan a lot of money for that privilege. How is Utada supposed to explain the murder in her bar. Is Utada's blue fin tuna business legal or illegal? I don't understand why Megan just doesn't turn herself into the CIA and give them the evidence about the North Koreans, since it seems like that is what she is trying to do on her own.

Gabrielle and Esteban Diaz cloned Cassie's phone, I can not understand why they can not keep better track of Cassie, she has been using her phone all day and tons of people have been calling and texting her and she is answering them.

I don't know why Cassie is lying so much, even when there is no reason to, I am sure she won't be able to remember them all when people start to call her out on what she told them. 

The whole frame job plot for this season seems overly complicated as does Cassie's mental state, I was hoping for something a little more laid back.

• Love 8

I am enjoying the season, so far, but I'm not awake enough to really appreciate it tonight. 

I wonder if the spy in the blonde wig, is the one she saw in the hotel room. I've only just started this episode.

• Love 1

I absolutely love the chaotic energy of this season. Sure, I don't understand why anyone does what they do or really anything that happens but I don't care because I have fun watching lol.

17 hours ago, Anela said:

I wonder if the spy in the blonde wig, is the one she saw in the hotel room.

She wasn't. The couple that copied Cassie's phone at the Berlin airport, broke into the neighbor's house, and tied up Annie and Max were trying to get Megan for the North Koreans. They really didn't have anything to do with Cassie.

I find the sponsor super suspicious. She's just a little too kooky. And I know most of the characters are borderline insane but it's glaring with her imo. I hope she's just a regular old weirdo who actually wants to help Cassie though because I do like and enjoy her lol.

• Love 8

Does whoever is trying to frame Cassie know she was in Iceland when that stuff was purchased at the hardware store and then when they died. Obviously her return date is not documented, but people saw her in Iceland. And I'm sure they can track her phone if it really came down to it, since she stupidly left it on when she went to meet Meghan.

I was hoping Cassie would not give in and hook up with her handler, but obviously I should not have expected her to make good choices. At least she hasn't slipped and had alcohol, but I am sure that is coming. She is hanging on by a thread.

• Love 7

Yay to Miranda, but big no to Brianna Cuoco (a.k.a the nepotism hire).

I hate that Max is always the one getting injured whenever he tries to help Cassie.

The plot is really convoluted and hard to follow this season. Last season everything tied back to Alex. This season there's the CIA, the imposter, the couple that held Max and Annie hostage, Grace the fentanyl-dealing flight attendant, and Marco, Brenda, and/or the podcast girl might also be involved somehow.

And that hookup with her handler came out of nowhere.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Yay to Miranda, but big no to Brianna Cuoco (a.k.a the nepotism hire).

Ah, so that's what the 'Do I know you?' was about. I was trying to figure out if we'd seen her before lol. I liked that character and I think it's cute she's Kaley's sister. I hope we see her again.

And that hookup with her handler came out of nowhere.

As soon as Cheryl Hines mentioned he had a crush on Cassie in the last ep, I knew they'd hookup. Didn't expect it to happen this soon though.

• Love 4

Oh, cheating on Marco. :( I hope he's dodgy, now.

I also hope her sponsor ISN'T dodgy. She's nice, and comforting - all of the stories aside. 

So, the fake Cassie must be the CIA boss, as other people mentioned. Those people being after Megan, was unexpected. Who was the guy who was killed in the first episode? I'll have to look it up later.

I hate that Max keeps getting hurt, but Annie was upset that her ring was taken. I like them. 

Loved Miranda asking about her phone plan, because she gets calls *everywhere*. 

• Love 7
(edited)
On 4/28/2022 at 6:28 AM, AnimeMania said:

I can understand Miranda Croft's (Michelle Gomez) motivations to help Cassie, since all of Miranda's newly acquired wealth was given to her by Cassie. But, I can't see what Utada (Margaret Cho) was getting out of helping Megan. Utada blew up her entire life and gave Megan a lot of money for that privilege. How is Utada supposed to explain the murder in her bar. Is Utada's blue fin tuna business legal or illegal? I don't understand why Megan just doesn't turn herself into the CIA and give them the evidence about the North Koreans, since it seems like that is what she is trying to do on her own.

Gabrielle and Esteban Diaz cloned Cassie's phone, I can not understand why they can not keep better track of Cassie, she has been using her phone all day and tons of people have been calling and texting her and she is answering them.

So this episode is when the series jumped the shark for me.  So very many things that were ridiculous, in addition to what AnimeMania already wrote above:

• Annie and Jake were terrorized by two bounty hunters looking for Megan, yet Annie didn't text Cassie in Iceland to tell her?  WTAF?  And even when Annie was finally able to talk to Cassie on the phone, after Cassie returned to the US, she still didn't tell her.
  • In the fight in the sauna, why in the hell didn't Cassie pick up the freaking gun?  Yeah, she's a great agent.
  • When they came into the spa, it was nighttime, and they had a fairly brief chase and fight.  When they were running away afterward, it was dawn.   Also, hadn't there been two people after them in the spa, but they only fought one in the sauna. so what happened to the other one? 
  • With all of the CIA's resources they didn't know that Megan returned to the US?  Especially since Cassie was using her regular phone, which could easily be traced, and it was reasonable to assume that Cassie was with Megan. And even if they weren't sure if Megan was with Cassie, when they were both just leisurely strolling through the airport back in the US, surely either the CIA or the bounty hunters (who we never saw again) would have nabbed her.  And if not then, then at Megan's house, which she seemed to just blithely think she could return to with no risk.
  • And what was the point of that quasi-gay flirtation thing with Megan and the bar owner if she's just going to go back to her husband?
  • On the plane with Miranda, Cassie was wearing that yellow sweater that she'd been wearing for a lot of scenes (on the plane, Miranda even commented on the yellow not being a good color for Cassie) and tan pants, and during their dawn run she also had a black fanny pack worn in front.  But when they stepped off the plane, she was wearing a white blouse, a skirt, a white dress coat (different from the puffy one in Iceland), and a little yellow handbag.
  • When they were in the airport, watching the murder on the news, the police obviously didn't yet know who the murderer is, so why would Cassie turn and look all around her as if people are going to recognize her now as the killer?
  • Although she did a lot of saying that she is teetering on the edge of disaster, it just didn't come across that way in all the scenes she was in.  I know she was working hard to keep it together, but desperation never seemed to leak out.  Even the scenes where she was trying hard to resist having a drink, seemed more like someone trying hard to resist something sort of frivolous, like sweets, rather than someone trying to resist something insidious to them, like booze.
  • I liked the reappearance of Miranda, but her character has been watered down, beyond what would be expected given the change in circumstance for her character.
On 4/29/2022 at 8:49 PM, KaveDweller said:

Does whoever is trying to frame Cassie know she was in Iceland when that stuff was purchased at the hardware store and then when they died. Obviously her return date is not documented, but people saw her in Iceland. And I'm sure they can track her phone if it really came down to it, since she stupidly left it on when she went to meet Meghan.

Yep, she has a pretty good evidence trail to protect her against accusation with the hardware store purchase.  Just one more stupid thing about the episode.

I was hoping Cassie would not give in and hook up with her handler, but obviously I should not have expected her to make good choices. 

That whole scene rang so false to me, like it came out of nowhere.  There had been nothing leading up to it to suggest that would happen (in spite of hearing that he had a crush on her), nor nothing even in the scene itself to suggest it would happen.

ETA: just saw that chocolatine and I were thinking exactly alike on this!

Edited by LuvMyShows
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ah, so that's what the 'Do I know you?' was about. I was trying to figure out if we'd seen her before lol. I liked that character and I think it's cute she's Kaley's sister. I hope we see her again.

I’m guessing she will end up being Cassie’s double. Who better thank Kaley’s real like sister?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I wonder if they will mix in a lot of characters played by Kaley's friends doing cameos on the show.

Maybe Margaret Cho and Alana Ubach are in that category, kind of like the later seasons of CYE had all these stars do an episode.

The plots don't make sense but we get to see Kaley going to interesting places, getting into all kinds of shenanigans.

Maybe that's the point of the show, though by the end of the season, we will see some growth, like she will probably dump Marco.

But if they plan to continue the series, she's going to keep getting involved in intrigue, because that's part of the special sauce.

So always life and death stakes swirling around our heroine.

• Love 1
On 4/29/2022 at 5:49 PM, KaveDweller said:

I really hope they go the route of Cassie never being a real suspect because it is so easy to prove she was in Iceland. Shane was with her when she got the notification of the hardware store charges. She would be on camera at her hotel after that. 

On 4/30/2022 at 8:39 PM, Athena5217 said:

I’m guessing she will end up being Cassie’s double. Who better thank Kaley’s real like sister?

That would be clever but she was in Iceland selling out Miranda at around the same time the double was walking away from the murder scene. 

(edited)
On 4/30/2022 at 6:37 AM, peachmangosteen said:

The character was in the first season. She worked with Miranda but I don’t think that she had any scenes with Kaley.

Also, Kaley Cuoco Actually Had Nothing To Do With Her Sister's Flight Attendant Casting. I’m sure you can’t call it completely unbiased but is also wasn’t straight nepotism. 

Edited by Guest
On 4/30/2022 at 7:27 PM, LuvMyShows said:

On the plane with Miranda, Cassie was wearing that yellow sweater that she'd been wearing for a lot of scenes (on the plane, Miranda even commented on the yellow not being a good color for Cassie) and tan pants, and during their dawn run she also had a black fanny pack worn in front.  But when they stepped off the plane, she was wearing a white blouse, a skirt, a white dress coat (different from the puffy one in Iceland), and a little yellow handbag.

It's like Miranda had been waiting for an occasion to rescue Cassie, so she had her private jet stocked with designer clothing in Cassie's size.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

And even if they weren't sure if Megan was with Cassie, when they were both just leisurely strolling through the airport back in the US, surely either the CIA or the bounty hunters (who we never saw again) would have nabbed her.  

I would have found it more unbelievable if they happened to be spotted at the airport. LAX is massive and they flew in on a private plane. They should be able to track them down but not immediately. 

And if not then, then at Megan's house, which she seemed to just blithely think she could return to with no risk.

Huh? They didn’t go to a Megan’s house and she wasn’t planning on going to her house. She wanted to go get her evidence against the North Koreans so that she could make a deal. 

On the plane with Miranda, Cassie was wearing that yellow sweater that she'd been wearing for a lot of scenes (on the plane, Miranda even commented on the yellow not being a good color for Cassie) and tan pants, and during their dawn run she also had a black fanny pack worn in front.  But when they stepped off the plane, she was wearing a white blouse, a skirt, a white dress coat (different from the puffy one in Iceland), and a little yellow handbag.

That was explained. Miranda made the yellow comment after telling them that they should use they change of clothes that she brought them. 

• Yeah, she's a great agent.

That’s because she’s not an agent. She’s an asset and she going well outside what she is supposed to do. 

Yeah, this is a little too convoluted for me, even compared to last season.  And stuff making zero sense coming out of nowhere with no clue how to tie all of it together.  I don't like feeling like I'm completely lost, and I like a good mystery, too.  It's yet another example of thinking that if a little of something is OK, next time they have to give us a LOT of it and more all the time.  More is not always better.  It's too much of everything and my suspension of disbelief is already shot to hell too.  I'll stick with it but I'm not liking it anywhere near as much.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Dani said:
On 4/30/2022 at 11:39 PM, Athena5217 said:

That would be clever but she was in Iceland selling out Miranda at around the same time the double was walking away from the murder scene. 

And she is supposed to be majorly pregnant, that would be hard to hide.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Dani said:

I would have found it more unbelievable if they happened to be spotted at the airport. LAX is massive and they flew in on a private plane. They should be able to track them down but not immediately. 

Huh? They didn’t go to a Megan’s house and she wasn’t planning on going to her house. She wanted to go get her evidence against the North Koreans so that she could make a deal. 

That’s because she’s not an agent. She’s an asset and she going well outside what she is supposed to do. 

Private plane landing at LAX is centralized, and they would already have been pretty sure she was not flying commercial.  So they could, and should, have been monitoring disembarking for private planes.

I never said they went to Megan's house.  I said, "And if not then, then at Megan's house, which she seemed to just blithely think she could return to with no risk." because Megan had a conversation implying immediacy about returning to life with her family, and I also thought that the Long Island location where she wanted to retrieve her evidence was her house.   

OK, then she is a crap asset.  The CIA recruited her based on seeing some skills that they thought would be beneficial.  However, what we have seen is someone who is so paralyzed with fear that they cannot even pick up a discarded gun while other people are fighting and everyone's lives are in danger, leaves their cell phone ringer on while doing surveillance-type work, and takes no apparent precautions about not being followed.  That would be basic even for an asset.  Or, taking it from the opposite perspective, if she truly is going well outside what she is supposed to do as an asset, yet still doing/not doing those things I mentioned, then that makes her even more of a crap asset!

• Love 3
(edited)

This season is even wilder than last season, I have no idea where its going or if its destination will make much sense, but I am having fun going along for the ride. I hope that no one seriously thinks that Cassie is behind all of this, not only does she not in any way have the background to pull all of this off, but she was clearly in Iceland when the analysts were murdered, no matter who's name was on the charge card. Cassie has her moments, but she still sucks pretty  hard when it comes to stealth. 

Poor Max, always getting hurt for getting involved in this, but Annie being upset about losing the ring is at least a good sign for their future. Annie really does love him and I think does want to be with him, she's just freaking out at the idea of commitment. 

Those people being after Megan was surprising, at least its means they will probably leave Annie and Max alone now, they are hardly connected to her, unlike Cassie. I also laughed at Miranda commenting on Cassie's cell phone plan, she does get amazing service! 

I hope that Cassie's sponsor is really who she says she is, I like her a lot. I'll be sad if she turns out to be a plant, Cassie is struggling enough with her sobriety without her sponsor being an assassin or something. Cassie hooking up with her handler is a terrible idea, but at least she didn't drink. 

Edited by tennisgurl
Because Megan’s name is not Miranda
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Those people being after Miranda was surprising, at least its means they will probably leave Annie and Max alone now, they are hardly connected to her, unlike Cassie. I also laughed at Miranda commenting on Cassie's cell phone plan, she does get amazing service! 

I thought they were after Megan.

(edited)
11 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I also thought that the Long Island location where she wanted to retrieve her evidence was her house. 

When Megan was explaining the emoji clue to Cassie, she said the key was for a lockbox. She wanted Cassie to give it to someone named Cherry who works at a club on Long Island. That's where Megan wanted to go. She might try to see her family if she gets there but I don't think she'll go to her house.

Cassie isn't a trained spy and I don't expect her to act like one. She is failing at being covert though, which makes her a poor asset. I don't think she'd be allowed to continue working with the CIA much longer. (Of course if she is being framed for the murder of the CIA analysts by a senior agent, her actual performance as an asset is irrelevant)

I was hoping Cassie would not give in and hook up with her handler,

I didn't like the ending. It's not a total surprise that she'd cheat on Marco, she's been avoiding him & is struggling with the idea of settling down. But neither she nor her handler had given any indication that they were into each other. She's been either lying to or ignoring him, which suggests she doesn't trust him. He's been presented as by the book; getting drunk & having sex with an asset in his office seems out of character. 

I'm still enjoying the show though. I know it's listed here as a drama but it's more of a dark comedy to me. I enjoy the one liners & the scenery but don't expect too much realism when it comes to espionage.

Edited by raeb23
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, raeb23 said:

But neither she nor her handler had given any indication that they were into each other. 

I said this earlier, as soon as Cheryl Hines said that the handler had a crush on Cassie, it was obvious imo that they'd hook up. I did think her saying that came out of nowhere but once she said it I was like OK then I guess that's what they're going for lol.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I said this earlier, as soon as Cheryl Hines said that the handler had a crush on Cassie, it was obvious imo that they'd hook up. I did think her saying that came out of nowhere but once she said it I was like OK then I guess that's what they're going for lol.

But not all crushes are reciprocated. I didn't get the impression that Cassie was attracted to him until she suddenly jumped him.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 1

I agree about Cassie but we did have indication that he was into her. I also don’t think Cassie hooking up with him necessarily even means she’s into him. It’s probably just because she’s a mess and an addict lol.

• Love 3
On 5/2/2022 at 12:11 PM, LuvMyShows said:

OK, then she is a crap asset.  The CIA recruited her based on seeing some skills that they thought would be beneficial.  However, what we have seen is someone who is so paralyzed with fear that they cannot even pick up a discarded gun while other people are fighting and everyone's lives are in danger, leaves their cell phone ringer on while doing surveillance-type work, and takes no apparent precautions about not being followed.  That would be basic even for an asset.  Or, taking it from the opposite perspective, if she truly is going well outside what she is supposed to do as an asset, yet still doing/not doing those things I mentioned, then that makes her even more of a crap asset!

Crap asset indeed.  At this point she's close to achieving Inspector Clouseau levels of slapstick and ineptitude!  And like him, she seems to continually succeed in spite of herself.

• LOL 4
12 hours ago, chocolatine said:

But not all crushes are reciprocated. I didn't get the impression that Cassie was attracted to him until she suddenly jumped him.

I dont think it was about being attracted to him. It was about self-destruction. She's been increasingly twitchy about the pressure of maintaining her perfect new life all season. She'd spent the episode not allowing herself to blow it all up by drinking. She needed a release valve - and Benjamin was there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Llywela said:

I dont think it was about being attracted to him. It was about self-destruction. She's been increasingly twitchy about the pressure of maintaining her perfect new life all season. She'd spent the episode not allowing herself to blow it all up by drinking. She needed a release valve - and Benjamin was there.

Exactly this. She’s an addict in need of a fix. This gave her a way to blow up her life without falling of the wagon, let’s her avoid coming clean about what has happened and either gets Benjamin on her side or gives her leverage depending on how it goes. 

(edited)

I feel like Kaley Cuoco is acting too wacky so far this season. It’s kind of annoying.

Marco is annoying and sucks.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 2

This morning I caught myself talking to myself in the shower (yes, i am that crazy) and I said "now who was that pregnant girl with miranda, we are supposed to know who she is..."  And I remembered the sister's part last season, so I'm glad my crazy was correct.  LOL

I like Miranda being in the show and hope she'll help Cassie with this double thing.  I think it's the CIA lady too.  

• LOL 1
(edited)
On 4/29/2022 at 11:19 PM, chocolatine said:

The plot is really convoluted and hard to follow this season.

I haven't seen a show go so wrong between S1 and S2 since Masters of Sex.

My taste clusters are starving to death.

Edited by Milburn Stone

As already said this season is just too much. Too many plots and I feel like the dialogue is really trying to be funny/wacky and just doesn’t fit the situation.

One weird observation I’ve had is that while I think Kaley Cuoco is great I don’t think she ever does a convincing sex scene.any sex scene I’ve seen her do on this is just really unconvincing, I’m not sure what it is…