Type keyword(s) to search

S29: Artem Chigvintsev

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, simplyme said:

I knew that. Even better, he was married when he met her, and the circumstances and his ex-wife's comments/accusations are rather interesting. (I'm not saying you should believe his ex-wife, as exes have been known to be overly bitter in the past.)

I posted the article about his ex wife somewhere around here.

7 hours ago, simplyme said:

and discovered that Artem dated Carrie Ann for two years

Lived with.

Looks to me like Artem's got a real contender - young, pretty, just from the Olympics, likely can move from being a snowboarder.  Hoping he plays his cards well.

• Love 3

I think Artem did very well with Nancy Kerrigan, she just fell victim to a season where there were many good female contestants and they all cancelled each other out. Also relieved that TPTB didn't go the obnoxious route here and saddle him with Harding in an effort to stir up even more drama. Agree that his partner looks promising and I look forward to what he'll show with her. He's perhaps not the loudest or most spectacular pro, but he seems a good teacher and has delivered strong choreography when he's had the chance.

• Love 1

I love that his choreography always leans towards the classic style. Add to it his super fluid lines and I can watch him dance forever. Even with the shirt on lol (but seriously he wears suit REALLY well)

• Love 4

Artem also has a wicked sense of humor.  Check out this Rumba practice that he did with his fellow SCD pro James Jordan, where James took the part of Artem's female celeb, who was unable to make the practice that day.  Artem holds it together long as he can, but James finally gets him to crack at the end!

• Love 1

This is maybe slightly off topic, but the CEO of Twitter, Jack Dorsey, is somehow slowly morphing into Artem. Or they are converging upon the same face, it’s kinda freaking me out.

Dancing with the doppelgängers.

BA41BF45-0A21-418D-A061-C81A91B36C84.jpeg

E3DADF86-1D24-4731-AD9D-96FB10039AC4.jpeg

Edited by kitcloudkicker
  • Love 3

I was flipping to the juniors show during commercials last night.  I saw Artem with Honey BooBoo.  They gave him a blind partner this season on seniors.  Has he ticked someone off?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, deemac said:

I was flipping to the juniors show during commercials last night.  I saw Artem with Honey BooBoo.  They gave him a blind partner this season on seniors.  Has he ticked someone off?

Unfortunately, sometimes it doesn't pay to be nice and patient on this show.  That's why Tony, Emma, Tristan, etc.  had the more "difficult" or challenging contestants.  With Tony gone, it looks like Artem and Keo are filling this role.

• Love 2

Well, at least Keo got Jodie and Evanna. I don’t believe Artem ever got anyone younger than him. Heck he probably never got anyone less than 10-15 years older than him. (Oh wait. He did. Freaking Mischa... well I guess we better forget about a young and capable contestant in the near future now)

14 hours ago, vavera4ka said:

Well, at least Keo got Jodie and Evanna. I don’t believe Artem ever got anyone younger than him. Heck he probably never got anyone less than 10-15 years older than him. (Oh wait. He did. Freaking Mischa... well I guess we better forget about a young and capable contestant in the near future now)

Nikki Bella and Jamie Anderson were both younger than Artem. Nikki was decent; Jamie was eliminated in the first round (but it was a 4-week competition, so take that with a grain of salt).

Honestly, Artem's best season was the first one he was in, with Lea Thompson.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, madpsych78 said:

Nikki Bella and Jamie Anderson were both younger than Artem. Nikki was decent; Jamie was eliminated in the first round (but it was a 4-week competition, so take that with a grain of salt).

Honestly, Artem's best season was the first one he was in, with Lea Thompson.

Nancy was good too.  However, that was also the season with Heather, Simone, and Normani.  So many promising females but we got David Ross in second place.

• Love 1

Yes, and he did some great things with both Nancy and Lea. I also LOVED the foxtrot he did with Maureen. But i don't want him to just do some good dances. I want him to have a shot at winning. But let's face it, a 50ish woman won't get anywhere close to the finals unless she is a super ringer like, say, a prima ballerina and gets 10's across the board. So it can balance out lack of votes.

"aside from ballerina"......... lol i'd love to see him with Danielle Fishel or Hilary Knight.

• Love 1

I liked Nancy Kerrigan in terms of Artem partners.  I think she was his best partner (for me) and talent wise should have gone further than she did.  At least from what I remember.  Lea wasn't bad, but seemed kind of timid and fragile at times. 

I'm also going to remain alone in my corner that I don't think getting Alanna on DWTS Jrs. was a punishment for Artem. 

Though yes, I'd like to seem him get the ringery-est ringer that rings on DWTS one season.  Or a sure bet from a fanbase perspective to get to the finals.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, spanana said:

I'm also going to remain alone in my corner that I don't think getting Alanna on DWTS Jrs. was a punishment for Artem. 

I only saw bits (might dvr it sunday, won't watch live) and she was ignoring everyone and just bulling through and doing it her way and laughing.  I jumped immediately back to whatever I was watching....so important and entertaining that I don't even remember what it was now lol.  Maybe they didn't intend it as punishment but that behavior has apparently worked for her for years so the poor kid isn't going to think about changing it now.  I suspect she hides behind it, but I never watched her show so may be way off base and I actually think DWTS is the only 'reality' show I've watched.

Edited by deemac
ETA I guess if I watch it I need to start going to that forum and quit hijacking