Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: The Mask of Least Resistance -- Round 3

• Start Topic

Nicole has to know who the Prince is.  She picks up on the Hotel clue and pulls Darren Criss from that?  That was one of my favorite AHS seasons and I still had to look up what part he played because I couldn't remember him.

The first time I fell in love with Cheyenne Jackson aka the first time I saw him was in an episode of Life on Mars where he played a Marc Bolan type glam rocker. so that was the only clue I needed to cinch it.  The Mega Clue was just icing.

I am wondering if they will drop any hints when Robin Thicke is on Call Me Kat.

2 minutes ago, Sile said:

Edited by Sile
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

Isn’t I Say A Little Prayer a Dionne Warwick song? They captioned it Aretha Franklin.

They both recorded it. The one I remember most is Dionne’s. 

• Love 6

If this group was indeed the first one filmed, it makes sense now why the season seems so off. The first two reveals are extremely divisive and polarizing people. Admittedly, Kirstie Alley makes more sense for the show than Giuliani, but it was still uncomfortable watching Baby Mammoth gasp and wheeze, and the Baby Mammoth "song" was just cringe. 

• Love 3

The second Jenny guessed Kirstie Alley the "song" made sense to me. I did not recognize her voice, but that's totally a joke/bit she'd do. The clues didn't help. The voice didn't help, but once someone said her name, I knew it was right. I have no idea why that made everything click for me, but it did.

I couldn't care less about Kirstie these days. But I adored her growing up. She and John Travolta leave me so conflicted. My favorite movies as a kid starred them, and they aren't the person I have frozen in my mind. (It Takes Two and Grease, respectively)

She did DWTS, so yes, she's the exact type of person to do this show. Her breathing sounded like mine when I had long-haul covid. Just so much effort for oxygen! I'm not implying she had covid, just noting her breathing sounded strained.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Isn’t I Say A Little Prayer a Dionne Warwick song? They captioned it Aretha Franklin.

And "It's In His Kiss" (aka "The Shoop Shoop Song") is an old R&B standard that was recorded by dozens of artists long before Cher ever got her hands on it.

There must've been budget cuts in the show's research department this year.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

The arrangement of this one was more in line with the Aretha Version same with the It's In His Kiss version was more in line with the Cher version.

3 hours ago, Ananayel said:

If this group was indeed the first one filmed, it makes sense now why the season seems so off. The first two reveals are extremely divisive and polarizing people. Admittedly, Kirstie Alley makes more sense for the show than Giuliani, but it was still uncomfortable watching Baby Mammoth gasp and wheeze, and the Baby Mammoth "song" was just cringe. 

Yes! Even last week when Baby Mammoth was talking about not pooping on stage after her performance, it was more of an uncomfortable cringe situation than the cute/funny I think she was going for. 

14 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Is it bad that I thought Baby Mammoth was RuPaul?  I was convinced in the singoff that Mammoth sounded like a man, so I was confused that the panellists kept guessing women.  

I posted in the live thread last week that I didn’t have a guess for Baby Mammoth since I couldn’t tell if it was a man or woman singing, so you aren’t alone. 

Did Kirstie mention why she did the show after her unmasking? She was so scattered and all over the place I just tuned her out. 

15 hours ago, SnideAsides said:

Because she'd never "joined the circus" in her career. (She did the UK Celebrity Big Brother a couple of years ago, so it's not even true.)

Thanks! Coming from her, it kinda makes sense. 

12 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

And because she has grandchildren now who like the show.

This seems to be a common answer this season. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Bookworm13 said:

Yes! Even last week when Baby Mammoth was talking about not pooping on stage after her performance, it was more of an uncomfortable cringe situation than the cute/funny I think she was going for.

Did Kirstie mention why she did the show after her unmasking? She was so scattered and all over the place I just tuned her out. 

That poop comment was so cringey!!  I figured Baby Mammoth was trying to be funny and was a comedian but that was not funny.  After Jenny said Kirstie's name, all the clues made sense but I don't even try to guess anybody.

I will say that both Kirstie and the other cuddly sounded better tonight.  They still deserved to be in the bottom since Cobra and Prince are better.  Just like I wish ringmaster or Teddy Bear were in the first group, I wish the same with Cobra and Prince.  I think they are better than fire fly.

• Love 1