Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E16: I Wouldn't Be Standing Here If It Weren't For You

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

Hope continues her fight and Lizzie devises a plan to potentially help. Cleo is fearful of her visions and what it means for those she loves. Alaric sends Kaleb, Ethan and MG on a high-stakes mission. Jed finds himself needing to make a very difficult choice. Meanwhile, Landon makes a surprising discovery.

Airdate: April 28, 2022

Well, that was a fun episode. Ken is so arrogant he didn't even bother to really fight. It made the fight look like a skirmish, because it really was. Hope and Lizzie weren't prepared for their initial gambit to fail, and I'm guessing that Ken doesn't know much/anything about vampires (yet, he may have been asleep for most of it, after all, the Michelsons we're unknown to him, and they are The Originals (see what I did there?)), Hence is confusion on why Hope wouldn't die. Kudos to Jen for her sacrifice, I really want her to stick around.

Ben, oh boy oh boy, one thing being a god/demigod doesn't give you is emotional maturity. *Face palm* I mean he literally has a spell to keep monsters away, but no.  He wants a permanent fix. I hope he got it, and then gets his butt kicked for a nice long time by the super squad for being such a bloody idiot. 

The Hope/Lizzie show made the episode for me. I appreciate character growth. And they've both had tons. 

Landon, I know some people think you're boring, but to me he's the ultimate optimist, he believes in the best of everyone, and doesn't give up. I mean seriously, he hasn't even given up on THE ALMIGHTY NECROMANCER. Getting his mom to peace was a really nice touch. 

Well, Hope didn't die, but she got beaten into limbo. You know what that means, it would be the perfect time to bring in Klaus. After all, he isn't at peace. And a cameo might help Hope, and it wouldn't cheapen his sacrifice, he's still dead.

Limbo is one complicated and crowded place. You don't even have to be dead to end up there. I would be curious to see the show bible explanation about Limbo and what conditions are needed to land there.

What is Cleo becoming?  And what's going on with teleport guy?  That's right, Ethan is his name(I had to look it up, I seriously couldn't remember. And poor Finch, she's been relegated to off screen and just on screen mentions. THAT makes it seem like she was just there as a Josie prop. And I know, the focus is on Hope, Lizzie, Alaric, MG, Cleo, Landon, and Kaleb, but come on, do better!

Yep, still not missing Josie.

• Love 1
On 4/28/2022 at 9:22 PM, bloodstar said:

The Hope/Lizzie show made the episode for me. I appreciate character growth. And they've both had tons. 

Landon, I know some people think you're boring, but to me he's the ultimate optimist, he believes in the best of everyone, and doesn't give up. I mean seriously, he hasn't even given up on THE ALMIGHTY NECROMANCER. Getting his mom to peace was a really nice touch. 

Well, Hope didn't die, but she got beaten into limbo. You know what that means, it would be the perfect time to bring in Klaus. After all, he isn't at peace. And a cameo might help Hope, and it wouldn't cheapen his sacrifice, he's still dead.

I agree about Hope/Lizzie. For me Lizzie has become one of my favorites.

I'm really liking limbo Landon.

I would love a Klaus cameo. It was nice seeing most of the Originals in the last episode, I enjoyed that show a lot more than I do this show.

Was Lizzie really trying to siphon the power out of a god?

• Love 1