Type keyword(s) to search

S28: Witney Carson

• Start Topic

Congrats to her and Carson...interesting name :).  The Utah girls seem to marry very young, first Lindsay .....  I remember when Julianne was first engaged she was 17,  I guess now at the ripe old age of 25 she's ready as well.  Good luck to them all.  .

Congrats to her and Carson...interesting name :).  The Utah girls seem to marry very young, first Lindsay .....  I remember when Julianne was first engaged she was 17,  I guess now at the ripe old age of 25 she's ready as well.  Good luck to them all.  .

Isn't this Julianne's third engagement?

Congrats to Witney!  She is just so cute to watch.

I don't follow the dancers very much in regard to their personal lives, but several times I saw that supermarket rags were linking Witney's name with Chris Soules.  When I first saw that she was engaged, I thought "oh, no".  Thank heavens she had the good sense not to fall for that guy.

Many congratulations to Witney and Carson, and I hope their lives are happy.

I don't follow the dancers very much in regard to their personal lives, but several times I saw that supermarket rags were linking Witney's name with Chris Soules.  When I first saw that she was engaged, I thought "oh, no".  Thank heavens she had the good sense not to fall for that guy.

... Chris Soules picked Whitney Bischoff (with an 'h') from his time as the Bachelor. I'm pretty sure they've since split, but it's likely they meant her, and not Witney (no 'h') Carson. But I don't reallyread the supermarket rags, so maybe it was Witney (no 'h'). They like to stir drama on completely wrong things.

... Chris Soules picked Whitney Bischoff (with an 'h') from his time as the Bachelor. I'm pretty sure they've since split, but it's likely they meant her, and not Witney (no 'h') Carson. But I don't reallyread the supermarket rags, so maybe it was Witney (no 'h'). They like to stir drama on completely wrong things.

I'm pretty sure they meant Whitney, with an H, whom Chris picked on The Bachelor & broke up with by the middle-ish of his DWTS season, I think. Chris kept joking, while he was on DWTS, about the irony of his fiancée & dancing partner having the same first name with different spellings.

Nope, it was definitely Witney Carson.  It was mentioned each time that she was his partner on DWTS, and that he had met her in NYC and saw her several times in LA after the season ended.  It would always then mention that he had selected Whitney Bischoff while on The Bachelor, but the relationship had ended.

I don't buy these papers so I can't give you full details.  I just read them while standing in line.

I saw that too about the skin cancer. So scary. I also got a little queasy with her foot ripping back open.

It was going around pretty serious that she was with Chris Soules for a while. It was obviously after he and Whitney Bischoff broke up. A friend sent me a link to a radio show he did. I never got around to listening (I wasn't that excited to considering he was zero personality) but she said he alluded a few times to seeing Witney.

I saw that too about the skin cancer. So scary. I also got a little queasy with her foot ripping back open.

It was going around pretty serious that she was with Chris Soules for a while. It was obviously after he and Whitney Bischoff broke up. A friend sent me a link to a radio show he did. I never got around to listening (I wasn't that excited to considering he was zero personality) but she said he alluded a few times to seeing Witney.

Witney's been dating her fiancé since 2011. They are high school sweethearts. He was gone for two years on his Mormon mission which is why we didn't hear of him earlier. I find it very hard to believe that Chris and Witney dated without hard proof, like pictures of them making out.

• Love 1

Witney's been dating her fiancé since 2011. They are high school sweethearts. He was gone for two years on his Mormon mission which is why we didn't hear of him earlier. I find it very hard to believe that Chris and Witney dated without hard proof, like pictures of them making out.

I really don't get how this rumor has so much traction.

• Love 1

I guess it wouldn't be a big deal if she were pregnant. Allison made it to the finals last year. With all the female pros being married or engaged now, someone is likely to get pregnant at some point.

We're far enough into the season that if she were pregnant she might not even really show before the finale. As much as I dislike Allison as a pro for this show, I do love that she proved that a dancer can still work while expecting. It's set the bar for how the show treats other pregnant dancers going forward.

• Love 2

Has anyone noticed the last year she seems to just either lost her smile or maybe gotten a bit of an ego?  I just realized as I was watching her VW with Vanilla and she was smiling and I thought I hadn't seen that for a while. But then it hit me, those results show clips we hear before or during the dance the night before? Witney was complaining about her feet hurting and it just screamed immature or something. I know she's young, and if I looked like that, I'd be stuck on myself too. But she doesn't come across as the sweet, fresh faced young girl she was at first. 

On 11/20/2015 at 6:43 PM, Saylii said:

And I'm a bit late at this. What I was saying in my OP was that Chris had alluded to a few things in a radio interview. I didn't start the rumor personally. Just relying what I heard, and I didn't believe it either. So if it started anywhere, it started with Chris Soules. He's such a creep and she's married now so it's neither here nor there. 

Are you sure he wasn't talking about his ex-fiancee, since she and Witney do have the same name. It's just that I actually watch The Bachelor/ette and read the boards and discussion and I honestly cannot remember ever seeing anything about Chris suggesting anything happened between him and Witney. If anything, after she got engaged, he said in an interview he wasn't surprised because he knew she was ready to settle down and that he'd met Carson, her husband.

Edited by truthaboutluv

I didn't want to clog up the general threads with my thoughts on this, so I thought I'd rather put it here: Witney kinda seems in a rut for the last few seasons? I think having Fons so early in her DWTS career really might have done a number on her. Not in the sense that I think she's gotten "entitled" or "arrogant" or anything, but that she seems to have a problem adjusting to different skill levels and also sometimes seems to have issues with teaching her partners? She seems to be going through the motions both when it comes to choreography and general investment in the show. Actually, I thought this time around with Vanilla Ice it looked a bit better because he was so enthusiastic about it all and swept her along a bit. Pity that he didn't have the fanbase for this show and also delivered a good, yet not spectacular dance which probably made the fanbase he does have complacent since they thought he was safe.

• Love 1

Katha, I'm not sure if you read my post a few posts up and was adding to it or if you just brought this up, but my post is almost identical. I think you nailed it. It's been twice now that she's gone off in tears after bad scores. Once was with Michael Waltrip. I'm drawing a blank on the other. And when they show the dances with all the dialogue, most of the time you see the partners really connecting, encouragement and tips and such. They showed Wit and Vanilla and she says, "my feet are already hurting, not a good sign". It didn't look good. I don't know, I hope it's temporary. 

Truthaboutluv, I'm a watcher of Bach franchise shows too. I remember when the chatter was going on about Chris, I came here and was surprised no one was talking about it. Looking it up, the stories are there but it seemed to be more about the tabloids making mountains out of molehills. Like I said, I never believed it, but just pointing out it was out there.  Sorry non-bolding of usernames, on my phone. 

Chris Can't Keep Eyes Off Witney

Chris & Witney Dating; Booking Events Together

Edited by ShaNaeNae
  • Love 2

I just feel that she showed such potential with Alfonso, but now it seems like she's petering out? I know he brought a lot to the table, but some of her other partners weren't bad and showed potential, but it feels like she never does much with them IMO. Idk.

• Love 1

She had a chunk taken out of one of her feet due to skin cancer. That may be what's bothering her. She started dancing again after that pretty quickly. I think she's maturing, she's been fine with VI, hardly even reacted when he said he was relieved to be voted off.

• Love 1

He said he felt relieved to be voted off? Wow. It's funny because I used to really like her over Lindsay and was glad when they pulled Lindsay and made Witney pro. Now I've flipped again. That cute and silly Charleston Lindsay did with Calvin last week I don't think I could ever see Witney doing something so silly and fun. 

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 7:38 PM, ShaNaeNae said:

Has anyone noticed the last year she seems to just either lost her smile or maybe gotten a bit of an ego?  I just realized as I was watching her VW with Vanilla and she was smiling and I thought I hadn't seen that for a while. But then it hit me, those results show clips we hear before or during the dance the night before? Witney was complaining about her feet hurting and it just screamed immature or something. I know she's young, and if I looked like that, I'd be stuck on myself too. But she doesn't come across as the sweet, fresh faced young girl she was at first. 

I've never been a Witney fan, starting back on SYTYCD.  I felt she didn't connect with partners on that first show, and she would come close to breaking her neck, whipping that hair around, and seeking out the camera.  I think it was mentioned back then that her genre was Burlesque, so maybe that was part of it.

I didn't like that she was handed the obvious ringer in Alfonso, when she was a newbie.  And I felt like he spent the entire experience comforting her and building her up, when it should be the opposite.  I remember her running off to cry in the bathroom, and he had to come in and comfort her.  I'd never seen the celebrity having to coddle the pro, and their age difference is no excuse.

I think she's very self-involved, which isn't uncommon at her age.  I really wonder if she's bothered by Lindsay's success this season.  Witney always over shadowed Lindsay on both TV shows, and since she trained with Lindsay's mother, I wonder if she did it there, too.  It would be natural to feel torn over their change of fortunes, but I wish she could focus more on her supposed BFF, and encourage and build her up.

• Love 4

RedheadZombie, you said it perfect. The partner thing is what gets me. Like I was saying earlier, her complaining about her feet hurting to Vanilla instead of mentally preparing and supporting him for their upcoming dance. I just don't find her humble or sincere in anyway. She seems like the type that was the mean girl in school and just never grew out of it. 

• Love 2

Yes that's the only part i don't agree with, Witney was never burlesque. She was on SYTYCD at 18 so I don't even know where she'd have had time for burlesque. And while ballroom has some sexy dances, I've been to a burlesque show and I can't picture any of the Utah girls doing that!

Although the whipping of the hair thing is now in my head and it's all I notice.  When Pitbull did the opening number and she was up in the celebaquarium, that hair was being snapped over the balcony! 

I wonder how true that was? I get she's young and they aren't in their hey day anymore but they've had a ton of hits and she's a dancer. I always thought dancers would have a pretty big knowledge of songs and bands. 

On 5/31/2017 at 8:39 AM, ShaNaeNae said:

I wonder how true that was? I get she's young and they aren't in their hey day anymore but they've had a ton of hits and she's a dancer. I always thought dancers would have a pretty big knowledge of songs and bands. 

A couple of years ago they had Witney vs. Lindsay in a Family Feud-style question game...these young ladies are brilliant dancers, but they literally didn't know anything about anything (like they couldn't name the Vice President of the US, etc.) Those kinds of moments happen a lot with those two and I think it's real. 

Witney was really emotional after Len’s comments about her QS performance.  Earlier, someone had mentioned that Witney LOOKS pregnant.  I don’t see it but she was too emotional.  This can’t be her first time making a mistake.

2 hours ago, crossover said:

Witney was really emotional after Len’s comments about her QS performance.  Earlier, someone had mentioned that Witney LOOKS pregnant.  I don’t see it but she was too emotional.  This can’t be her first time making a mistake.

I noticed that.  But this is not her first time crying on the show.  Also, she's signed up for the tour and if she was pregnant, I'm sure she wouldn't be on tour. 

• Love 1