Type keyword(s) to search

S42.E09: Game of Chicken LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I wish the show would have the double elimination at 11 and 10 instead of at 10 and 9. 11 is often such a boring vote.

Can we please hear from Lindsay about her thoughts and plans? 

4 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

I’ll get flamed for this, I’m sure, but I’m a female and many seasons there are “let’s band together as females and vote out the guys” and that’s fine.  I’ve wondered why the guys don’t do the same thing when they’re on the right side of the numbers.  It should be fine for them to bro-up as much as it is for females to band together just because they’re all women.  

To be fair, this usually doesn't even work out, because a woman goes and rats on the alliance to the men.

Survivor has had more successes with all women's alliances than other reality shows, but there's a reason why guys aligning because they're guys is being commented on more than all women's alliances. 

Plus, physically fit men being portrayed this season by the men as being in the minority? A little tone deaf for me. 

• Love 3
Just now, Pepper the Cat said:

Gotta admire Lindsay. She fought hard.

If Hai fell before her I wonder if she would have offered to rock-paper-scissor Jonathan for immunity, or just stick it out.  They would have already won food.

1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

To be fair, this usually doesn't even work out, because a woman goes and rats on the alliance to the men.

Survivor has had more successes with all women's alliances than other reality shows, but there's a reason why guys aligning because they're guys is being commented on more than all women's alliances. 

Plus, physically fit men being portrayed this season by the men as being in the minority? A little tone deaf for me. 

This will always take me back to my favorite quote form Palau when Katie said "we can't have a women's alliance because Caryn sucks."

Edited by LadyChatts
  • LOL 8
3 minutes ago, susannot said:

Jonathan won that because he was heavier than anyone else.  Weighed down the platform.

3 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

I wasn’t trying to reverse-hex Jonathan. I just thought his body wasn’t suited for this. I was wrong. He is awesome at everything, and I’m delighted with that.

”Mr. Jeff.” Dude . . . no.

3 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Honestly, I didn't expect this challenge to favor someone like Jonathan.  He does yoga, right?  That might explain it.

Please tell me Mike leaves.  Way too cocky.  But not sure it's looking good for Romeo.

Don’t forget, he is a surfer.  He is used to keeping balance in rough water.         

Lindsey did great.  I was hoping Romeo would get immunity to blow their minds.  

• Love 2
Just now, LadyChatts said:

Omar wants to keep Romeo and vote out Rocks.  He also tells Romeo there's an all guy alliance that he wasn't included in.

This whole plan depends on Hai.

Hai is very practical being able to separate friendship and game play.  

• Love 1

Mike is actually making sense. I don't think I want to live in that world.

What alliance is Mike talking about?  The guys alliance or the big co-ed alliance?

The latter.

Just now, Lady Calypso said:

I'd be fine with Rocksroy going, but I'd rather Mike goes. He's in too comfortable of a posittion, AND he's the one instigating this toxic masculinity idea.

I hate his "I gave my word" crap he keeps throwing out there as to why he won't change his mind.  It's Survivor, no one expects you to keep your word.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Jonathan wants to get rid of Drea out, in order to flush her idol.  

MaryAnne is annoyed that she's being treated like a little kid with Jonathan.

Normally I'd say telling Tori is a bad idea, but since she wants Drea out this probably won't backfire on them.

• Love 2

I like how Jonathan says "we have an extra vote and an idol."

No, MaryAnne has an extra vote and an idol.  It's only a community extra vote and idol if she wants it to be.

Edited by LadyChatts

If Drea plays her idol, Mary Anne could play her idol too. Then I guess there'd be no valid votes.

It would be smarter to have told Drea to vote for Tory, it seems odd Jonathan would give her Mary Anne's name, unless he actually wants her gone.

• Love 3
Just now, Lamb18 said:

Ha, Jonathan shows his true colors. Funny if the four women say we're tired of being bossed around, let's vote out Jonathan.

He has individual immunity, so he's not an eligible option.

Honestly, I don't think MaryAnne is as naive as she comes across.  Last week she said she uses her emotions to get ahead in the game, but clearly she's more perceptive than she wants everyone to know.

• Love 6