Type keyword(s) to search

S29: Val Chmerkovskiy

• Start Topic

Excited for Val this season, felt like he unfortunately got pushed aside a bit last season with Maks returning. It would be nice to see him with a singer, athlete, or something other than the type A actresses they seem to love to pair him with.

Excited for Val this season, felt like he unfortunately got pushed aside a bit last season with Maks returning. It would be nice to see him with a singer, athlete, or something other than the type A actresses they seem to love to pair him with.

I would have to agree. If Danica was apart of this upcoming season and paired with him, they would have easily made the finals. Val succeeds more when Maks isn't there.

They all campaign for votes on twitter.  That's part of the show.  Though I do think Val is gunning pretty hard for a win and on paper he figures that he has a partner that could go the distance.  Janel has a fanbase.  She does a lot of live theatre, so she should be a good to great live performer.  She's not a trained dancer, but she's dabbled and it seems like she can move.   She seems to have a personality.  It seems like they already have a pretty good chemistry.  And yes, it's his first partner that is actually in her 20's.  He either gets partners 10 years older or in Zendaya's case, 10 years younger.

I just hope Val won't push too hard.  If it's going to happen with Janel, it will happen.  For those that hated S15 Val though, we should be spared a showmance.  Janel has a pretty serious boyfriend and she doesn't seem the type to me that will want to fake a relationship for the cameras.  

I just hope Val won't push too hard.  If it's going to happen with Janel, it will happen.  For those that hated S15 Val though, we should be spared a showmance.  Janel has a pretty serious boyfriend and she doesn't seem the type to me that will want to fake a relationship for the cameras.

Didn't Kelly also have a serious boyfriend?

Didn't Kelly also have a serious boyfriend?

You can debate serious.  The difference though is it depends on the person he's paired with and if they will go there.  Kelly had no problem of course and I think there was a time at some point she was separated from her boyfriend.  I believe they are back together now.  I don't follow Kelly that much, so not sure.  Janel and her boyfriend just seem like a different story.  They are always posting about each other and seem very sweet and just super involved with each other.  I'd honestly be shocked if Janel went there since she and her boyfriend seem very much in love and are fairly open about it.  Janel doesn't strike me as very Kelly-like, but I guess we will see. 

You can debate serious.

Well it was serious enough for him to be in the audience every week, supporting her, all the while she and Val kept up their creepy "we just want to do each other right here and now" schtick. I like Val well enough but man, I still shudder remembering those two. The best thing that happened to him in my opinion, was getting Zendaya the next season where he had to focus only on the dancing as she was only 16 and was forced to be truly creative in his choreography, again because she was only 16.

I will say I agree about Janel not seeming very Kelly-like and that more than her boyfriend is why I don't see her and Val pulling what he did with Kelly. She seems to be more of a goofy, silly type, the cute girl rather than the "hot chick" which is how Kelly came across. Kelly was all sex appeal, so it was easy, between that and Val "I can't keep a shirt on" to go down that road. I can see Janel and Val being a little flirty but nothing more than that, imo.

And yes, it's his first partner that is actually in her 20's.  He either gets partners 10 years older or in Zendaya's case, 10 years younger.

I don't think age has been the factor in Val's partnerships. Kelly for example looks so amazing for her age, I doubt many people realized she was that much older than Val. I think particularly with the last two, Danica and Elizabeth, they just didn't have the fanbase and viewer votes. So if he should be excited about anything, it's to hope that Janel's PLL fanbase is as big as some believe.

Edited by truthaboutluv

I don't think age has been the factor in Val's partnerships. Kelly for example looks so amazing for her age, I doubt many people realized she was that much older than Val. I think particularly with the last two, Danica and Elizabeth, they just didn't have the fanbase and viewer votes. So if he should be excited about anything, it's to hope that Janel's PLL fanbase is as big as some believe.

I agree.  I don't think age has ever really been a factor in Val's partnerships.  Danica & Liz just didn't have the fanbase and I'd still argue Zendaya was his best partnership to date. I was mostly pointing out that this is the first time he's really had a partner around his age, which really doesn't mean much.  Especially since most people that are familiar with probably think she's a teenager anyway since she plays one on television.  I agree if he's excited by anything it's that she likely has a fanbase.

Janel seems to have personality, dance ability, & fans (well at least more than he is use to outside of Zendaya), so i can see why he is so excited. I also hope he doesn't get distracted by being overly determined to win, and just lets the season come to him. Janel & Val already seem to be having fun together, so if that translates to the dance floor, it could be an exciting season for them.

He did do a great job with Lea, unfortunately Lea was behind instead of infront of the piece, even after doing so well on her Jive in week 2.. Janel on the other hand could easily carry West Side Story. 

Edited by Andiethewestie

I found this tidbit from Glamour Magazine pretty cool: "Val was in a little bit of pain post-show (mainly because of his back), but was so proud of Lea. So much so that he mentioned once DWTS ends next month, he wants to continue the conversation about working together and mentioned finding a way to have her collaborate with Artem for Sway 2.0 in December."

Edited by Dancingjaneway

To be fair I think they are trying to throw any celeb willing to take part into Sway 2.0 into their show.  They planned a bunch of shows for December last minute and have tickets to sell, so they need bodies and I think holiday time is proving to be a little difficult in terms of selling tickets.  Especially when the theatre is on Long Island, outside of NYC, so not entirely convenient to people.

They did two shows at the same theatre over the summer with Maks, Peta, Val, Zendaya, Tony and Elena.   This time around they are making it bigger as it now includes Sharna, Jenna, Henry, Artem, Peta and others, and yet to be named celebs.   It's likely Meryl and maybe Charlie might be involved in a few of them.  But anyway, I'd expect that they would invite Lea and Janel for obvious reasons.  But I really think at this point they are making it up as they go along and are just trying to sell tickets and will figure out the actual show after the season ends.  The first one wast mostly pro dancers so no idea how they would work in celebs that would need actual rehearsal time unless they just have the rehash a DWTS routine.

Would somebody please define what the post-show drama is between Janel and Val?  I did an online hunt and came up with very little in the way of concrete answers.  Apparently, she liked him more than he liked her.  That's all I'm getting.

• Love 2

Would somebody please define what the post-show drama is between Janel and Val?  I did an online hunt and came up with very little in the way of concrete answers.  Apparently, she liked him more than he liked her.  That's all I'm getting.

Nobody really knows what happened.  All I know is immediately after the season they were fine.  Janel seemed really into Val and was fairly public about it on social media.  They seemingly hung out a few times after Thanksgiving.  If I had to guess, I think she fell for him hard and kind of assumed they would roll out of DWTS and directly into a relationship.  It seems like Val basically shut it down fairly quickly.  She unfollowed him on social media.  There were some passive aggressive indirect tweets aimed at each other about class, self respect, honesty and other things.  Janel was originally supposed to attend Sway, the production that Dance With Me put on in December.  She didn't go.  Since then there have been more passive aggressive indirect tweet wars as recently as last week (some tweets have been deleted).  Val finally unfollowed her on all social media.  Janel has basically unfollowed anyone in Val's circle...Maks, Peta, the Volynets, and etc.  Janel backed out of her tour appearances.  Basically Janel seems super pissed and doesn't want anything to do with him.

The Janel/Val fans are convinced it's all Val's fault and he broke her heart, which may be true, who knows.  I tend to think whatever happened is on both of them.  All I've seen is fairly immature behavior from both in terms of playing out their drama on social media.  They seem a bit of a toxic combination honestly.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 2

Damn...I guess this is what happens when I don't follow any of these people on social media - I miss all the excitement. I honestly came in thinking there were going to be posts about Val's chances for next season and talk about what he needs to do to win the Mirror Ball but this is way more interesting. Wonder how some of their shippers feel right now. Sad thing is, that still won't stop people from playing the showmance angle on this show.

The Janel/Val fans are convinced it's all Val's fault and he broke her heart, which may be true, who knows.  I tend to think whatever happened is on both of them.  All I've seen is fairly immature behavior from both in terms of playing out their drama on social media.  They seem a bit of a toxic combination honestly.

Seems to me it may be similar to what happened between him and Kelly. I don't remember there being any passive aggressive tweets between him and Kelly and their situation may have been more mutual but I think it's similar in that Val likely hit it a few times (sorry to be a little crass) and then got bored and moved on. Definitely sounds like a case of two people who weren't on the same page at all.

I do remember reading some comments on tumblr about two weeks or so after the season ended, by some shippers who were upset that Val made a few comments in some interview gushing and going on about how amazing Zendaya is and how much he adores her with not a mention of Janel. Some felt like he acted like he'd already forgotten Janel and like the season never even happened. And yet the shippers will never learn - he'll pull this crap again with someone else and they'll still buy into it. 

Edited by truthaboutluv

I wasn't really following Val during the Kelly stuff, but it seems a little different.   First, he and Kelly seem to be on decent terms.  I don't think they hang out much, but when they do they seem to like each other.  Also Kelly doesn't really do social media so there was no drama in that way.

At the end of the day, I just think Val and Janel are very different people.  Janel seems to wear her heart on her sleeve and is very public about everything.  She and her previous boyfriend were very public about their relationship.  Posting cutesy pics and quotes and engaging fans about said relationship.  Val is the exact opposite.  He keeps his actual romantic relationships very private (outside of DWTS showmances).  In general I think they just have different outlooks about a lot of things. 

Also to be fair, Val wasn't posting about Janel much in the wake of the season before things blew up.  But actually I put that largely on the shippers and the way they overreacted to any post either Janel or Val made about anything.  They couldn't post anything without shippers turning it into some big ode about how much they were in love with each other and how they should have babies tomorrow. 

I honestly think most of the shippers were Janel and PLL fans who never paid attention to Val or DWTS before, so they bought everything hook, line and sinker and now hate Val for it all.  The Val fans probably didn't ship in the first place, so nobody cares.

Edited by spanana

So wait a minute, the showmances with Kelly and/or Janel weren't fauxmances and there was actually a little something, something going on?

Edited by quinn
I wasn't really following Val during the Kelly stuff, but it seems a little different.   First, he and Kelly seem to be on decent terms.  I don't think they hang out much, but when they do they seem to like each other.  Also Kelly doesn't really do social media so there was no drama in that way.

No, I agree it wasn't exactly the same which is why I noted that I don't remember there being any passive aggressive posts on social media and I haven't seen them together in a long time but I've definitely seen Kelly cuddled up and hanging out with Maks so she's clearly still close with him and others in that group and I also noted that I believe whatever happened and then stopped happening between them was mutual. 

The similarity I noted was that I just think Val may be like these actors who date many of their co-stars. Basically they immerse themselves fully in every role they play and and end up falling easily for a co-star because of that but once the movie is over, the magic of filming together is no longer there, turns out there's not much between them. Now of course this is wildly conjecture on my part and it's entirely possible nothing remotely romantic ever happened between Val and Kelly or him and Janel.

• Love 1

No, I agree it wasn't exactly the same which is why I noted that I don't remember there being any passive aggressive posts on social media and I haven't seen them together in a long time but I've definitely seen Kelly cuddled up and hanging out with Maks so she's clearly still close with him and others in that group and I also noted that I believe whatever happened and then stopped happening between them was mutual. 

The similarity I noted was that I just think Val may be like these actors who date many of their co-stars. Basically they immerse themselves fully in every role they play and and end up falling easily for a co-star because of that but once the movie is over, the magic of filming together is no longer there, turns out there's not much between them. Now of course this is wildly conjecture on my part and it's entirely possible nothing remotely romantic ever happened between Val and Kelly or him and Janel.

My speculator sediments as well. Janel does seem to wear her heart on her sleeve, and is maybe much less savvy than Kelly when it comes to this sort of thing. Val may have expected Janel to just "get it" and keep it moving the way Kelly had, and not only did not seem to be the case, her fan base seemed overly protective and invested in the relationship. It got pretty ridiculous. This could have easily exacerbated an already shitty situation for Janel, and created additional defensiveness on Val's part.  

Whatever their relationship was, the equilibrium seemed to shift more and more towards the end of the season. It seemed like a classic case of someone realizing they were in over their head. Maybe he did tell her how he felt, and because of chemistry involved with the dances she couldn't "hear" him. Or maybe she didn't want to, or he didn't say anything at all.  It's pretty easy to see both sides on this.

Until the social media debacle. Val seemed like he took some of his passive aggressive anger on Janel's fans out on her. And some of his tweets were not only insulting to Janel if that's what he was implying, but read misogynistic in general if he wasn't. It says to me that if he cares more about his image with teen fans that have never heard of him before this season, he's more worried about his reputation than anything else. Janel was cringe worthy in the only the way a person trying not to accept someone is not really into them knows how to be.  

Of course this could all be way off base since I don't actually know these people. Although I do feel qualified as one of their followers that they both could use a little staycation from social media.

• Love 1

So wait a minute, the showmances with Kelly and/or Janel weren't fauxmances and there was actually a little something, something going on?

a

IDK about Janel, but I'm fairly sure the showmance with Kelly was fake. She had a semi-serious boyfriend at the time. I'm not sure if they are together now, but I doubt the showmance broke them up.

I think Val and Kelly may have hooked up at one time, though I'm not sure if it was after their season or not.  It's hard to say because once the season was over, they kept everything else fairly private.

Part of the issue with Val is that he has a tendency to over invest in the season.  His partner becomes his priority and for those 3-4 months, he treats said person as his whole world.  Usually.  All the pros do to that to some extent as it's part of the job, but Val can take it to an extreme.   He basically treats the person as his significant other.  So I think it's easy for his partners, depending on the situation, to take it for more than what it is.  Then when the season ends, Val backs off and well, here we are.    Also throw in that Janel broke up with her boyfriend mid-season and Val was seemingly there to pick up the pieces and play protective partner.  

I actually tend to think that Val feels he is being genuine with his partners during the season and he just gets swept up in the emotions of it all, but in his mind he knows DWTS isn't real life with its weird emotional highs and lows and forced situations, and I think he just kind of expects that his partners get that?  But it's also a bit unfair to expect that celebs that come through for one season will understand things in the same way that the pros do that have been through partnership after partnership.  

I also think it's interesting that the partners that Val has stayed the closest with post-season are Zendaya (duh) and probably Sherri.  I think Val is pretty good at maintaining friendships with people when the romantic nonsense is off the table and he is forced to build actual relationships built on other things.  It's where "feelings" come into play that he gets himself in trouble.   

Edited by spanana

Val insragrammed a picture of him and Witney and he actually had to add the caption "please don't ship, its just a selfie with a friend and cast member". This was then followed with tons of people basically saying "sorry Val but I AM shipping it. Wow obnoxious much? I know Val hasn't been completely innocent with the showmance stuff but some of these people need to come back down to earth.

• Love 1

I wonder if some of that is tied to the way social media works now? I mean, the showmance has been a tried and true staple of DWTS since the beginning. But now they all have twitter and instagram and facebook, where there's the possibility to comment on everything they post. Most of the time it's probably a good thing for celebs, since they can keep in touch with fans, do their PR stuff in a more direct way etc. It may also create a feeling of "knowing" the celeb, of being entitled to things, at least for over-invested fans.

And since Val was this season's showmance, he's got the disgruntled shippers now pestering him. It's made worse by the fact that apparently he and Janel aren't on good terms anymore. The way some of them can't accept that they don't actually have any power over these celebs and how they're trying to tell complete strangers how to live their lives is quite startling.

• Love 2

Danseur, on 09 Mar 2015 - 09:04 AM, said:

I agree with you, missy. The third rehearsal was very different. He didn't talk as much, they seemed to be having a good time together and she has definitely been learning to dance.

And I also like seeing the Pros teach and how each does it differently. The teaching style I've liked best so far is Val's. Not too many have agreed with me but speaking as an educator, his teaching is brilliant. He's a born teacher. Sorry OT.

Just following up Danseur's comments about Val in his own thread...

I was talking about this with someone else. I think Val's teaching technique is something that is an interesting mix of foundational instruction as well as teaching his students about how you should feel in a particular step or movement. That if you feel proud then your chest and chin will automatically lift and you will be in the right placement to do a step. I personally love it but I can see how if you take in information in a different way how it's not everyone's cup of tea.

What did you like about Val's teaching?

a

IDK about Janel, but I'm fairly sure the showmance with Kelly was fake. She had a semi-serious boyfriend at the time. I'm not sure if they are together now, but I doubt the showmance broke them up.

I don't know why people automatically assume a romance or a hook up between Janel and Val. They were a cute team, but I didn't see the fireworks that people are assuming. I thought the dance floor connection was about business. It seems to me Zendaya and Meryl are invested in the Sway, Dance With Me, Valentin line of clothing, etc.  It's more than likely that initially Janel was going to do the same, but decided for whatever reason - she wasnt a fit for the business. Meryl was a winner,  Zendaya runner up. Maybe Janel didn't want to be considered an also-ran.  

Danseur, on 09 Mar 2015 - 09:04 AM, said:

Just following up Danseur's comments about Val in his own thread...

I was talking about this with someone else. I think Val's teaching technique is something that is an interesting mix of foundational instruction as well as teaching his students about how you should feel in a particular step or movement. That if you feel proud then your chest and chin will automatically lift and you will be in the right placement to do a step. I personally love it but I can see how if you take in information in a different way how it's not everyone's cup of tea.

What did you like about Val's teaching?

Val reminds me of my dance teacher (rip)  She was excellent at getting you to feel proud of your dancing, and like Val she never allowed us to "mark" we had to go full out every rehearsal.  Moreover, Val is all business, despite the onesy for the camera, he doesn't want to waste time.  I very much admire him as a teacher. 

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, Missy. Life took over. You asked what I liked about Val's teaching: He has all the major ingredients of a born teacher. He names (steps, movements), defines, demonstrates; he teaches both how and why something is done, as well as how not and why not (very important when you teach beginners).

He is passionate about the subject he teaches and that's something that is "caught" by students rather than taught. I was impressed with how he corrects but then praises almost in the same breath. He has an almost poetic way of speaking that naturally appeals to me but may sound like speaking Greek to some of his partners.

I've read a lot of criticism of Val on some fan sites and I think some of them are valid, but I was actually amazed by what I learned from one hour of watching/listening to him. I even took a few notes.

I will add that the second rehearsal was disappointing. Rumer displayed a few traits that will not help them with voters if she doesn't adapt to her teacher better. I understand that a teacher needs to understand how a student learns, but he can hardly do anything about who he is. I've always learned the most from strict teachers who demand discipline. She seemed like she's a girl who is used to getting her own way. Can you imagine what people would actually pay to have Val or Derek or Artem has a dance teacher for one hour? She needs to count her blessings, shut up and learn from him.

• Love 1

I think Rumer is definitely of her generation. Millenenials find it necessary to question motivation, that's how they are brought up. Rumer has had to assume parental tough love when she was dealing with a parent who had a very public break down, so she comes at learning in a very different way than Val has.  Val even though he's of the same generation, he is also very much of his culture, that is one that does not question authority. He's had no reason to question it since he was never let down by his parents. 

So the dynamics are different, but Rumer despite the public issues with her family in the past seems to have embraced the best of their legacy and is working very hard.  Of all the celebrities, I am looking forward to her the most.

• Love 1

I don't know why people automatically assume a romance or a hook up between Janel and Val. They were a cute team, but I didn't see the fireworks that people are assuming. I thought the dance floor connection was about business. It seems to me Zendaya and Meryl are invested in the Sway, Dance With Me, Valentin line of clothing, etc.  It's more than likely that initially Janel was going to do the same, but decided for whatever reason - she wasnt a fit for the business. Meryl was a winner,  Zendaya runner up. Maybe Janel didn't want to be considered an also-ran.  

Considering Janel backed out of her DWTS tour appearances without so much as giving any sort of explanation to her fans and goes out of her way to not talk about DWTS and specifically Val in interviews, I think it's fairly clear more happened between them.  She even alluded to it in an interview without mentioning his name and she's now back with her ex that she broke up with mid season.  Obviously nobody knows what actually happened between them, nor is it any of our business, but I think it was definitely more than Janel just not thinking she was a fit for their business model.  The woman was a walking posterboard for Val's clothing line until the day they started shading each other back and forth on social media.

As for this season, we'll see.   I really liked the vibe between Rumer/Val in the first several interviews, but I was a little thrown off by their last rehearsal.  I think they will do great work on the dance floor because Rumer has tons of natural talent and she should have performance ability since she's used to live theatre, but that last rehearsal was a tad awkward to watch.  Though I thought that was more on Rumer than Val.  Originally Val said this season would be all about having fun for him.  We'll see how long that lasts.  I think he has a hard time not going into super intense mode and Rumer wants this pretty badly.   They definitely will be great, but I'm not sure how the audience is going to take to Rumer.  I could see it going either way.

Also from at least what was presented on the livestream yet far, everyone I've seen is working hard.  Just some are more naturally talented than others.  I watched livestreams with Redfoo, Robert, Rumer, Suzanne, Riker, Noah and Michael and every single one of them is putting in the effort and trying to learn.

Edited by spanana

I am not convinced of any hook ups or anything of the sort.  It's all just speculation by shippers. The more likely and therefore boring explanation is they didn't have the same vision when it came to business.  When business plans go south there's very little to explain.  

The more interesting issue this season is why Hough felt the need to come back at the last minute.  He must have heard the EW News people talking about his New York stint.  

Edited by Andiethewestie
I will add that the second rehearsal was disappointing. Rumer displayed a few traits that will not help them with voters if she doesn't adapt to her teacher better. I understand that a teacher needs to understand how a student learns, but he can hardly do anything about who he is.

I liked that Rumer was able to politely and eloquently explain what she needs. No tantrums. No yelling. She didn't even argue. She knows enough about herself to know what extra things she needs to learn. I liked that Val didn't take it personally and listened to what she was saying. I don't think that was the best time to bring up the topic since so many people will hold it against one or both of them, but I think it shows that they are actually real enough in their rehearsals that she seemed to have forgotten the cameras were live at that moment. I think it showed they are comfortable enough in their partnership that she felt she could bring it up. I actually am really enjoying the glimpses into their rehearsals.

People who don't like a team will find a reason not to like their rehearsals.  The rehearsals are fine but if someone has an axe to grind they will find a way in the rehearsals to reinforce their dislike.  I don't comment on teams that don't appeal to me because there is little to gain from that.  What someone finds endearing someone else will find annoying.  My issue with rehearsals is they are just that, they don't tell us who the people are, they just may give a glimpse into the teaching and creating process and how people deal with inevitable frustrations. But then I hate reality shows.  What interests me most is the final product. 

Have to admit I laughed at the crack about giving Demi to Derek. I wonder if there are hard feelings about Nastia among the other pros (against TPTB not Derek). She's just the one I'd read Mark had been recruiting so she came to mind.

My second thought was that Val lost the season now. They're gonna come after him hard for that.

Guys... have you seen Val rapping? I just heard about his rap career last night. For those interested in listening, I suggest you prepare some sort of ear bleach beforehand:

Okay.  I don't know how Val has done this, but since the breakdown over being too serious and ruining Rumer's fun (and neck), his face has looked so relaxed and vulnerable.  It is just bizarre and I'm not sure I actually like it.  Am I just seeing things or has anyone else noticed?

• Love 1

Guys... have you seen Val rapping? I just heard about his rap career last night.

*GROAN*

Oh, Val... what would your grandmother say?  (LOL.)

I don't enjoy the lyrics (too arrogant, too annoying to me as a woman), but he does know how to move, I'll give him that.

• Love 1

I think Val's looking softer because he has been letting his curly hair do its thing -  seem to remember him saying something grateful to Rumer for persuading him to do it.  He looked a lot like Maks tonight, hair a little slicked, while awaiting the results.

• Love 1

Truth or Dare session w/ Val and the reporters from People magazine. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qcMlXMkRKA

The interview was fun enough. However, I find it borderline creepy how many like... objectifying things they told him to do. Well you can say that Val always has shirt off anyway but I've had many friends who are dancers and they tend to be more of a free with their body than others. When you dare somebody to do a "Magic Mike" impersonation, what do you expect him to do? I don't know... it's kind of weird lol. That's coming from someone who finds Val very attractive lol. 

I'm sure the producers are loving this BS. That's probably also why they overrode the actual switch voting: Bindi was with Mark, but that wouldn't produce the drama of Val with Derek's partner. And then Maks will judge them on Monday! Oh joy. Not. I'm sure they were dearly hoping for fan wars and that's what they've got.

I think with Pure (sorry, I won't talk about them again if it's not wanted, it just seems like you can't leave it out with the current blow-up...) it's a case of: They do have a source, but the source is biased and prone to exaggerations. So perhaps Val did snap at Bindi once, as Derek has probably also snapped at her or at other partners. But that doesn't mean it has to have been a big deal, just normal rehearsal when you're together for hours and get slightly annoyed with each other. And the PenaVega stuff: I mean, IMO that's something you see even in their public demeanour. Carlos promotes Carlos and does what Carlos wants and Alexa also promotes Carlos and does what Carlos wants. They have a rather 1950ies approach to their relationship and gender roles, it seems.So it's not like those were some grand revelations, they were just presented for maximum melodrama.

Edited by katha