Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E17: Unfinished Business

• Start Topic

The New Amsterdam team continues to deal with the consequences of their big night out. Max and Helen discuss options for their future. Martin finally learns Iggy’s secret. Bloom helps Leyla avoid a life-changing situation. Reynolds and Dr. Malvo define their relationship going forward.

Original air date: Apr 26 2022

So all of a sudden Leyla comes around ....because she needs money...lots of it.  Now she'll go back with Bloom.  I was wishing she wouldn't give her the money.

I was so worried about Casey.  Helen...eh.....  Mia...eh...  

I am also happy to see the Board of Directors woman.  I wish I could remember her name.

• Love 3

@NYGirl Karen is the board lady. :)

@SunnyBeBe Not 100% sure but I think Helen was trying to say she was cold? Don’t quote me. 

I thought this episode wasn’t as much hot mess as last week but still a lot of crazy going on:

No Floyd, it is not a good idea to just have all three of you raise the baby. Claude is not going to go for that. What has happened to you? And as a religious person you all are living in sin. The church ladies will not understand your family arrangement and it will be hot gossip.

So Casey loses all this blood and has a low blood pressure and yet he’s completely coherent and wide awake for a deep conversation with Lauren? Sure, Jan.

I feel so bad for Martin. He and Iggy had such a loving marriage and family and Iggy chooses to actively betray his trust and mess up the kids.

I thought Lyn was an OBGYN. Why is she taking a clot from Helen’s lung? Did they retcon her specialty? (Knowing this show, probably.) 

As a Sharpwin shipper I’m glad Max proposed but can they get more than one scene of happiness? I guess “more joy” means “you get one joyful moment this season.” I am so frustrated that the writers tore down this relationship as soon as it started.

How are none of these people dead? They were all unconscious or out in the cold weather all day (it was night by the time anyone started looking for them) or bleeding out and they all lived? I’m not a doctor or anything but that doesn’t seem at all possible. They should’ve killed off the crystals lady. With how long she was in asystole she would’ve died IRL anyway.

Dragging Helen’s arc to next week and giving her a stroke seems unnecessary. 

Lauren is throwing more money at Leyla in the very definition of having a loving healthy relationship. /s 

It’s no wonder this show is getting canceled. 

Edited by Cloud9Shopper
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

No Floyd, it is not a good idea to just have all three of you raise the baby. Claude is not going to go for that. What has happened to you? And as a religious person you all are living in sin. The church ladies will not understand your family arrangement and it will be hot gossip.

I have no idea what they've done with Floyd and why this storyline has dragged on for a season and a half. Okay, so, Reynolds, you, your baby's mother and her husband will go to dinner every Sunday with Mama Reynolds. How does he think that will go?!

• Love 10
29 minutes ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

Dragging Helen’s arc to next week and giving her a stroke seems unnecessary. 

They need to get her and Max back to NY permanently?

I was confused about all of Helen's issues. She was roofied and that somehow caused blood clots bad enough she'd need a hysterotomy? Is that even possible? And then the surgery to remove the clots impacted her speech?

But Wilder was just unconscious for a few hours and is fine? Same with Trevor?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
40 minutes ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

Honestly, if Claude is going to stay with what's her face, he's going to be a third parent to the baby whether it is official or not.  I was a little confused about what Reynolds was actually agreeing to at the end.  To me, it sounded like Reynolds was saying he would essentially terminate his parental rights and let Claude be the father, but he wanted to be acknowledged and have some kind of relationship with the kid at some point.  That seems more about not sticking Reynolds with a baby than a believable action by this character.  

Also, Martin deserves much better than Iggy.  And is the board lady the deaf doctor's mother?  I didn't completely understand why she was there, or why she would be spending all her time with the one doctor when the incident hit multiple people.   

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What did Sharpe say at the end? 

She was trying to say, "can't speak" according to my closed captions.  I think they may have missed a clot, or the surgery made her have a stroke or something like that.   

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, izabella said:

She was trying to say, "can't speak" according to my closed captions.  I think they may have missed a clot, or the surgery made her have a stroke or something like that.   

Yeah…it’s one twist too many.  Don’t the writers get how you can fatigue the viewers with crisis after crisis?  Eventually, you just want them to die to put them out of their misery.  Enough already.  Hope, it’s over soon.  So, they think it’s amusing to kill two of the main character’s love interest?  First his wife and now his fiancée…..lol.  

• Love 9

I hate when shows give characters crisis after crisis (it either makes them look self destructive and irresponsible or you’re wondering why they don’t get to be happy depending on the crises), but at least Helen is going to live. Freema and Ryan have both been signed for S5 since even before the show was cancelled. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, NYGirl said:

So all of a sudden Leyla comes around ....because she needs money...lots of it.  Now she'll go back with Bloom.  I was wishing she wouldn't give her the money.

I'm just glad Bloom didn't suggest marrying Leyla to keep her in the country. At first I thought that was where they were going with this.

• Love 6

No question that Freema an d Ryan are outstanding actors.  That said - what an emotionally devastating and heart-wrenching episode.  Seemed like nothing but a crisis episode--Helen, Casey, Wilder & Mia in crisis. Could we have just a little more drama and angst🙄😬😉

So, this is the season of "more joy"😲😤😏☹️.  The proposal--while heartfelt, happy and a long time coming--was disappointing and bittersweet for me.  Can we throw a few more obstacles and struggles in their way?   Now, to go through multiple recovery episodes (per the showrunner, it could be weeks, months or years) for Helen to regain her speech/motor functions (was this a TIA?) is so sad and terrifying for Max who'd gone thought heartbreak/heartache with Georgia & Luna.  For some strange reason, the writers--it seems--don't want them to be happy.   

Was this supposed to be their "big talk" about having children?  With Max stating, "yes, I want to have a baby with you"--not knowing the outcome at that moment--was crushing.  And then all the suspense as to whether or not she would have to have a hysterotomy and even if she *could* have a baby after all this--geesh!   I'm a Sharpwin fan but enough is enough!  Can we not just have these two be happy without all these trials and tribulations.

Didn't need to see Lyn and no amount of justification makes this right (storyline arc with Floyd).  It would have been best for her to terminate the pregnancy and she & Claude move to Colorado (OR for her NOT to have been pregnant at all).  SIDE NOTE:  I don't want to see Mia and Floyd as a couple

Didn't care about Iggy as he got exactly what he deserved--and how dare he say he didn't even know Trevor's last name! Trevor is his assistant; you darn well know his name😉

Almost seemed a bit hypocritical and disingenuous of Leyla to ask for money when that caused their initial breakup😕

Good to see Karen back but, somehow, it seemed a bit bizarre she'd just show up?  Also, happy to see that everyone else survived the attack, i.e., Bloom & Leyla saving Casey, Wilder confronting the bartender and returning to the "pride" of being a doctor, and Helen actually being the one--even in her unconsciousness--to save everyone and to figure out what they had been drugged with even though she suffered the most catastrophic result from it.

All I can say is that since we know S5 will be the last, and an abbreviated one at that, that the writers clean up this mess they've made--and continue to make.  They'll have all summer to think about how to "right the wrongs" they've done to these characters and give fans a happy, or somewhat satisfied ending, they deserve.

Edited by cathmed
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I missed the very beginning. I thought Casey was in a car wreck as a passenger. How did he end up in an alley with a screwdriver in his neck?

His drunk friend mentioned that they were almost in a wreck.  Because he was driving erratically, Casey got out (and then got mugged).

21 minutes ago, TooMuchRealityTV said:

I'm just glad Bloom didn't suggest marrying Leyla to keep her in the country. At first I thought that was where they were going with this.

Yeah, I mentioned that tired, worn-out trope last week (not on this board) because these are lazy writers this season.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

I thought Lyn was an OBGYN. Why is she taking a clot from Helen’s lung? Did they retcon her specialty? (Knowing this show, probably.) 

Well, she was.  But she has other hobbies. 

Love Max being involved in Helen's surgery because that's perfectly normal medical practice. 

4 hours ago, TooMuchRealityTV said:

I don't think it would've mattered. Crisis and reconciliation is yet another trope. 

Still, the only people I care about are Casey and Karen. All the romantic pairings are incredibly boring. 

Did Karen hire the deaf doctor? Is that why Karen is so concerned? 

And what happened to the Revolution and the evil enemy doctor? Did I miss something?

• Love 1
12 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah…it’s one twist too many.  Don’t the writers get how you can fatigue the viewers with crisis after crisis?  Eventually, you just want them to die to put them out of their misery.  Enough already.  Hope, it’s over soon.

Exactly. After a while it was like, “sure of course this happened too. Whatever. “

This episode was infuriatingly over dramatic.

Casey being screwed was, I think the line for me. Just way too much ‘shock factor’. Things were happening just to happen. Because what was the reason? There was literally none. I did laugh at him being on the cusp of unconsciousness and Lauren still saddling him with her relationship issues, though. Like lady read the room? 

I really don’t get why Helen had to have a stroke and what that adds to the current story but she’s always in some kind of pain which, somehow, never really seems to eclipse the joy so I guess this tracks? I feel like they think the proposal was supposed to even things out but, like, I’ll take my ability to speak over some shiny rock any day, thanks. 

Since their breakup, every time I watch Lauren and Leyla interact I wish that they had just written Leyla off and let Lauren move on and grow up. And turning things around so that Leyla asks Lauren for money is gross; they’re tying to redeem Lauren by making this a ‘clean’ donation but it’s extremely transparent and they’re crapping on Leyla to do it because she comes off as sketchy which I don’t totally buy.

Finally Martin knows. It’s only taken forever. I want him to divorce Iggy but this show seems to believe the power of love absolves all so I think they’ll stay together. Not sure how good that is for either of them since Iggy has major issues(trying to turn things around on Martin was really nasty)and there are kids involved but I guess? 

Wilder is the best thing that’s happened to this show in a long while, I hope they keep things solid and don’t go overboard with the ridiculousness in her upcoming storylines.  

• Love 5

⁹I came away with several questions. First what really happened to Elizabeth in her apartment? she was going to the door to let that supposed Stranger in did he get in hurt her head or did she fall and hit her head going to open the door? As for Mia I don't know much about the piers in New York but it look like if you went off the front of the pier you would be in the ocean but did she fall off that Pier on her own or did she get down and walk around the pier to be on the mud where they found her. . Third I know Casey was mad at his friend for almost getting in the accident but to be dropped off where he was. I guess I would have been happy if the show had taken like maybe one minute per character to show how they ended up in the place where they ended up show me a ruler trying to fall off that rail or walking around it show what happened to Elizabeth I really care about that character and I hope that she's not doing Reckless hookups that could get her hurt cuz I really like this character. Come on show show us a little bit of what happened to them you can do better than this writers

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Poohbear617 said:

As for Mia I don't know much about the piers in New York but it look like if you went off the front of the pier you would be in the ocean but did she fall off that Pier on her own or did she get down and walk around the pier to be on the mud where they found her. .

I thought she might be on the High Line?  It wasn't clear how she got under the boardwalk.  However, the most unbelievable thing was that no one stole her unsecured bike. 

1 hour ago, babyrambo said:

I did laugh at him being on the cusp of unconsciousness and Lauren still saddling him with her relationship issues, though. Like lady read the room? 

I laughed too.  Then I realized that aside from his being a vet, Casey seemingly is a void that exists mostly to serve Bloom's storylines.  I mean look at it in the show.  He suffers a life threatening injury and the only person we see him with after an overnight hospital stay is Bloom.  No family, no other friends.  Just Bloom. 

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Have medical personnel actually been attacked because they were wearing scrubs?

I don’t know, but people are pretty crazy right now and some lash out and kill total strangers for no reason or barely a reason.  I was recently targeted for road rage, for no reason!  I did wonder about the doctor confronting the bartender alone…..police may have been behind her, but at first, she could have been hurt by that man.  She actually hit him a couple of times.  If it’s on video, he could claim self defense. 

5 hours ago, mojito said:

Did Karen hire the deaf doctor? Is that why Karen is so concerned? 

And what happened to the Revolution and the evil enemy doctor? Did I miss something?

Max hired the deaf doctor before he left. He wanted her to be his replacement and she said no, so he got her to replace Helen instead.

I don't know what happened to the Revolution and the evil head doctor. I guess that got sidelined for bigger crises.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I thought she might be on the High Line?  It wasn't clear how she got under the boardwalk.  However, the most unbelievable thing was that no one stole her unsecured bike. 

I laughed too.  Then I realized that aside from his being a vet, Casey seemingly is a void that exists mostly to serve Bloom's storylines.  I mean look at it in the show.  He suffers a life threatening injury and the only person we see him with after an overnight hospital stay is Bloom.  No family, no other friends.  Just Bloom. 

Just Bloom dumping her personal problems on his poor unable to run self,  I am sick of all of them.  Craziest hospital in the world,  anyone can perform any kind of surgery or medical treatment, even those who don't work there !  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

This damn show. I figured when Helen said yes and Max went to get the ring he’d return to find her dead and then torture himself that if only he’d still been there he could have revived her. This wasn’t as bad as that, but geez, did they really have to do such a cliché thing? (Never mind… this is New Amsterdam, OF COURSE THEY DID.)

Is it just me, or is stammering “can’t speak” actually, ya know, speaking?!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I don't know what happened to the Revolution and the evil head doctor. I guess that got sidelined for bigger crises.

Didn't they say she was at a conference somewhere?

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, CarpeFelis said:

This damn show. I figured when Helen said yes and Max went to get the ring he’d return to find her dead and then torture himself that if only he’d still been there he could have revived her. This wasn’t as bad as that, but geez, did they really have to do such a cliché thing? (Never mind… this is New Amsterdam, OF COURSE THEY DID.)

Is it just me, or is stammering “can’t speak” actually, ya know, speaking?!

Yes, it is speaking.

Of course the show is being overly dramatic. I liked it better when they seemed like a comedy and were going around having Max try and solve racism.

• LOL 3
22 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

Honestly, if Claude is going to stay with what's her face, he's going to be a third parent to the baby whether it is official or not.  I was a little confused about what Reynolds was actually agreeing to at the end.  To me, it sounded like Reynolds was saying he would essentially terminate his parental rights and let Claude be the father, but he wanted to be acknowledged and have some kind of relationship with the kid at some point.  That seems more about not sticking Reynolds with a baby than a believable action by this character.  

I don't even understand what the point of any of this is in a storyline/narrative sense given that we know the show is ending next season. There's not time for 'the time to be right' for Baby Reynolds to learn who it's father is and want to have a relationship with him. 

• Love 3

I'm too tired of this show to even complain....Freema ...I hope you have another job lined up. I am not sure I even care about the Helen character anymore and she was the only one.  Bloom, Floyd, Max etc. have always been Meh to me.  I don't acknowledge Lyn and her husband as part of the show.   The new doctors are barely interesting and Iggy I have no idea because I fast forward through his scenes.  I had some hope for Casey at one point, but they squashed that. 

I find it incredibly annoying for some reason when Helen calls Max her "partner" and has to always tell him how to be one.....ugh.

• Love 4

WORST DOCTOR OF THE WEEK TIME

this previously on new amsterdam segment is pretty boring tbh

ok so I am going to shoot  from the hip and guess that Reynolds will be the worst doctor, and that everyone missing (aside from Sharpe) will have ended up sheltering in a hotel to get away from Max

did max run all the way there from New Amsterdam? I doubt he lives right near the hospital - since that ambulance ride that killed his wife was estimated to take, what, 15 minutes minimum?

whatever the bartender drugged them with must've been stroooong, it's been like 24 hours since the Evil Karaoke, right?

why is everyone making phone calls when they should be calling the cops to do welfare checks

reynolds why are you searching, this is the job of the police, not doctors

cops aren't detectives

um dr whackadoodle you sure look nice and made up for falling a few stories, no blood to smear that makeup

WHY IS BOARD MEMBER THE ONE CHECKING UP ON DEAF DOCTOR (at least she has the interpreter with her?)

why is deaf doctor the only one with a wound, is it because she has a disability

what is Thanatophol? Googling it, it doesn't exist. Yaaaay, mystery drug with the prefix meaning death - it's going to be a magic drug that explains everything, isn't it? Someone is going to have a complication from Plot Drug, aren't they?

it happened to Trevor? so they found him off screen? sucks to be trevor, bet he is gonna die 

platelets being down to 25 is bad, but uhhh I don't think that is severe DIC - googling it, "Severe, rapid-onset DIC causes severe thrombocytopenia" - so the DIC causes the low platelets. Also "Laboratory findings suggestive of DIC include a low platelet count, elevated D-dimer concentration, decreased fibrinogen concentration, and prolongation of clotting times such as prothrombin time (PT)." - so they need to check her PTT

well that is a few blood clots... goolging, it looks like they don't have to remove the organs, just suck the clots out. They could also try clot-busting meds, see if those work.

oh hey, there's aussie guy - I wonder if him being at another hospital will be important to the plot

IGGY'S HUSBAND!

iggy how could you disappoint that man

oh hey, Sharpe wants to try clotting meds - also, max, she already has a platelet count of 25, she can already have random uncontrolled bleeding

good Sharpe, laying down the law with Max and telling him to take his doctor hat off

ok so this Magic Plot Drug is a super roofie.

holy crap the FIRST REASONABLE THING was said at 11 minutes into the episode, "I'm gonna call the cops"

THEY SHOULD'VE BEEN CALLED HOURS AGO

wait wait wait so board lady was just talking to some random officer? You think a rich person like her would know someone higher up than just "random officer"

bloom, yelling for him won't help if he is collapsed

wait the ex only needs 10k for an immigration attorney, that sounds like just for the--- oh she just said retainer

well that is a bloody ID card

hey writers you CANNOT KILL AWESOME NURSE

what the hell are you going to find in a dumpster to seal a wound

cardboard is the opposite of sealing a wound, it'd just suck up the blood and be so so so dirty

OH GOD CAULKING A WOUND SOUNDS LIKE IT WOULD NOT WORK AT ALL

WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL 911 THE SECOND YOU FOUND HIM WITH A SCREWDRIVER IN HIS NECK WHAT THE HELL

iggy your husband is correct, you should not talk about your emotional affair on the street when your daughter is there

still wondering how this doctor knows that reynolds is the father, both of them threw out their DNA tests

yeah definitely lean towards no with having a baby, didn't Max do high intensity chemo? That stuff usually wrecks fertility - and I doubt he froze some sperm beforehand (or if he did, they didn't say so)

is max going to come back from getting the ring and sharpe is passed out and he has to make a decision about surgery and her fertility?

oh hey iggy's husband is calling him out for what he is doing

the timeline on this show is so screwy - it was dark out when the amazing husband came to get iggy, then they have parent teacher conference (and it is dark then), then they get home and have the argument, and just NOW awesome husband is doing dinner?

hopefully they have Reynolds ready at the hospital to do some surgery on awesome nurse

so dr whackadoo is going to be a fakeout... and how cold was she if her temp is ONLY up to 92?

um, reynolds, causing an allergic reaction to heat someone up/resurrect them is... a theory

so crazy bartender admitted to drugging them in front of a group of people... because of COVID?

um reynolds this is definitely a way to do this

WHY AND HOW DID HER TEMPERATURE GO FROM 96 TO 99 IN A MATTER OF SECONDS AND WHY AREN'T YOU GIVING HER EPI THE SECOND SHE APPROACHED A SAFE TEMP (96)

she has 88% on the pulse ox with her airways closed?

ok, so aussie is definitely gonna die at this point, he's the only one not under the care of the Super Doctors at New Amsterdam. This will also magically fix Iggy's relationship. they're all just gonna be like "lol where's aussie" and then "oh yeah hospital called, he dead"

WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE WHACKADOODLE THE EPI BEFORE YOU SHOCKED HER

AND SHORT DOCTOR HOW DO YOU KNOW HER AIRWAY IS CLEARING BY LOOKING AT THE MONITOR

REYNOLDS YOU DO NOT KNOW SHE IS GONNA MAKE IT BY LOOKING FOR 3 SECONDS

also, according to google, body temperature goes down during anaphylaxis (at least in animals)

is it going to be that a bit of caulk patched up Bloom's relationship

max talking throughout the procedure at the doctor will just distract her, she knows what is going on with her patient. why is an OB doing clot removal

max just casually grabbing some paddles without setting them

max why just shocked without making sure everyone was clear

you could've hurt them

max i am pretty sure you were touching against her hand so uhhh you must be made of rubber to not get shocked

you cannot guarantee she is gonna be okay, this is just one clot of many

um deaf doctpr, not taking off your scrubs when leaving in a pandemic sounds incredibly dangerous and making it easier for you to spread disease

oh hey reynolds you realized thte sane thing to do with the kid

iggy that is such a weird way for the dining table to be set up, everyone is just looking at you

max is happy, does this mean something is gonna happen to Sharpe?

uh oh, sharpe is having trouble talking, is she dying, having a stroke, or did a clot give her brain damage? IT'S TIME FOR AMERICA'S FAVORITE GAME: DEATH, STROKE, OR BRAIN DAMAGE?

wait no, that's next week 

also, if she said "Speak, can't" she technically is speaking, just not well. Must be some damage to Broca's area, or Wernicke's... whichever one it is

other note: so uhhhh are they going to mention aussie guy again?

but now it is time for WORST DOCTOR OF THE WEEK

This is an easy one - medical wise, it is Reynolds - what the hell was that

Everything else wise, it is Iggy, for hurting his awesome husband who we have only seen a few times, but seems to be great.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

My first reaction. I didn't know where that was but I was thinking that it looked like a place where tourists would go and he bike was there for a whole day. Same with Casey, a whole day stabbed, losing blood, and nobody saw him. It was an alley but where people dump trash, so someone would have seen him.

Martin, take the kids and run. You deserve so much better.

I liked the hero/foe/vaccine speech that Wilder gave. I don't know if it really is happening but the way things turned out in this country, people seeking enemies while others die is something that blows the minds in the rest of the world - the ones actually civilized. A journalist said that an Uber driver said he would not let her in if she had a mask on. Really. We are, collectively, the worst people.

Peeve 1: Lauren, ditch the little girl pigtail. Please. Really. Please

Peeve 2: Iggy, nothing will ever happen "between you and I". If anything happens, it will be "between you and me". Always. I am not sure if the writers write the script this way, or if the actors just say it but it drives me nuts and it hurts my ears. It is so basic, and if the writers are writing like this, they need to go take some courses in English as a Second Language - where you learn better grammar, apparently -  because their english classes and upbringing has failed them. And why aren't the directors and actors correcting this? I know there is a lot of people who make this mistake but it is really, really basic. You and I = we. You and me = us. Just substitute and see if it works in the phrase. Not that hard.

• Love 5

Another frustrating frantic episode with nothing realistic happening.  No way Max would be allowed in surgery of his fiancee.  Lost what little respect I had for Iggy, hubby needs to move on from someone so self-destructive.  I hope we never see Lynn again, not sure why they made the character seem so  joyless, lifeless and dowdy, no reason for Floyd to fall for her.  I don't think Casey is invested in seeing Lauren happy with Layla, he lost all respect for Lauren when she funded her residency so she wouldn't go across the country.  No explanation as to why the bartender spiked some of the doctors not the others, due to what they were drinking? I love Debbie Monk, she can come back anytime, as well as Elizabeth and her interpreter.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Rammchick said:

Didn't they say she was at a conference somewhere?

Yes, they did. But surely she has to return sometime?

12 hours ago, circumvent said:

Iggy, nothing will ever happen "between you and I". If anything happens, it will be "between you and me". Always. I am not sure if the writers write the script this way, or if the actors just say it but it drives me nuts and it hurts my ears. It is so basic, and if the writers are writing like this, they need to go take some courses in English as a Second Language - where you learn better grammar, apparently -  because their english classes and upbringing has failed them. And why aren't the directors and actors correcting this? I know there is a lot of people who make this mistake but it is really, really basic. You and I = we. You and me = us. Just substitute and see if it works in the phrase. Not that hard.

I feel your pain. "Me and my husband", "He was laying on the floor", etc. I'll bet the acceptance of "they" as a singular pronoun has not gone down well with you. 😏

8 hours ago, jabRI said:

I love Debbie Monk, she can come back anytime, as well as Elizabeth and her interpreter.

Hasn't Monk gotten particularly svelte in recent years? I'm all for the return of the Karen-Max clashes.

4 hours ago, mojito said:

Hasn't Monk gotten particularly svelte in recent years?

She was fabulous in Mozart in the Jungle, so nice to see her dry, droll humor at its best.  And yes, she's even lovelier as she gets older, would that we could all say the same!  I think she's a great addition to this cast, hope we see more of her.

10 hours ago, mojito said:

I feel your pain. "Me and my husband", "He was laying on the floor", etc. I'll bet the acceptance of "they" as a singular pronoun has not gone down well with you. 😏

I have no problem with singular "they". It is not really new and it has a purpose, it is for inclusion. The examples you gave are simply unacceptable to me because they supposedly (some people would say "supposevly") come from a script, written by a professional writer. And even if it something an actor will just say because it is how they "feel good" saying it, it is wrong and nobody seems to be able to let them know

"Laying" is really cringey too. Every time it is used I keep waiting for the egg to drop

The polyamorous story needs to go away. I don't know much about poly relationships, I do know people who are poly but they are acquaintances, not friends, but in the show it is like they are just in for the sex - the reason why from the beginning it felt more like adultery than anything. I want to believe that actual polyamorous individuals who have children as part of the relationship do think about how to raise the kids, how to have the conversations. In this show, it is like "the kid will be all right" and that's that. Imagine this woman with a kid and them jumping from one partner to another as she pleases. 

• Love 3
On 4/30/2022 at 11:33 AM, circumvent said:

The polyamorous story needs to go away.

This sure does need to go away for many reasons. There's never been any chemistry between any of them, this storyline slows the whole show down, it seems absolutely ridiculous that 3 people who work in the same hospital (plus the husband being the boss) would try to even make it work. 

I only half-watched this episode because i'm finding it so silly and farfetched that it's not holding my attention anymore. The crisis overload is too much. 

• Love 2

Re caulking Casey's injury. OMFG. I can't even.

Jason Patton is a YouTuber who's a firefighter/paramedic based in Florida. He's absolutely hilarious, single-handedly poking fun at the foibles of the job, but his best work is skewering the idiocy in first responder shows. He took on this exact scene in this video. And dear, sweet ghu, Read the commentsCheck out his channel as well if you want some seriously good belly laughs.

• LOL 1
On 5/4/2022 at 9:23 PM, NJRadioGuy said:

Jason Patton is a YouTuber who's a firefighter/paramedic based in Florida. He's absolutely hilarious, single-handedly poking fun at the foibles of the job, but his best work is skewering the idiocy in first responder shows. He took on this exact scene in this video. And dear, sweet ghu, Read the commentsCheck out his channel as well if you want some seriously good belly laughs.

Oh, god, I love his green-screening into these ridiculous scenes!

How did they know where to look for Mia's bike? Why did nobody steal the bike? If she wasn't actually planning to jump off the pier and commit suicide, why didn't she park her bike where she could keep an eye or a hand on it at all times?

I know I said I liked the ring Max picked out, but I've been thinking about it, and it's out of character for him not to be boycotting conflict diamonds.

A system that requires $10 thousand for a retainer and then 10 thou a month thereafter is designed to fail. Leyla is in a no win situation and it's cruel.

It makes no sense that Karen is there at Wilder's side, but I am just happy to see Karen, so I'll take it.

They said Veronica was at a conference for two weeks. That covers her not being there now. Good riddance to her. They can oust her off-screen for all I care. The only mistake they made is not to give her a mustache to twirl.

The side eye Iggy's daughter gave him at dinner ought to win her an Emmy.

Floyd's a lazy fucking coward. He had to know that being in a non-monogamous relationship would be complicated. He said he was down for complicated. And now he's bailing on his kid, who will always know that Dad bailed for the sake of his career, instead of making a sacrifice and moving to CO to be a full time parent with his mom and step-dad. That is some egotistical bullshit for a guy who says family is everything.

Lauren and Leyla looking for Casey without bringing any kind of med kit with them was stupid. If you're going to send the docs instead of the cops, at least have them bring doctor supplies.