Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: The Arrival

Bort
  • Start Topic

After yet another friend makes a surprise pregnancy announcement, a dejected Natasha heads to a remote cabin to get her head straight – only to be confronted by exactly what she sought to get away from: a baby.

Airdate: 24 April 2022

• Love 1

I liked it, the baby is cute, the accidents are tragic and the situations are mildly amusing.

I would have preferred if they would have given us a lot more of what Natasha's life was like before the Baby dropped in and completely upended it.

I couldn't really tell, but it seemed like Natasha was a successful head chef at a fancy restaurant, hard working and well liked and respected by her fellow workers.

Since Natasha is from England, it is a little hard for me to judge how financially successful she is and how much of a strain the Baby will put on her budget.

• Love 4

EEK!  I enjoyed it.  It was weird and macabre and offbeat enough to make for a fun dark comedy,

Spoiler

although it looks like the horror portion is about to increase significantly.

I tried to get a sense of From without investing ten hours in a snoozer, but it never clicked--Whispering Pines, indeed.  This looks quite a bit tighter.

• Love 3

I liked it, too! Mr. Lily and I kept cracking up at the crazy deaths (I mean, except for the first lady who seemed to have felt like that was the only way out) and at the reactions of poor Natasha every time she realized she was stuck with the baby. Can't wait to see how the rest of the season plays out.

• Love 3

I wonder what happens as the baby grows up?  Does it continue to be a possessive psychopath as it gets older, or is it perpetually a baby?  Is it even human?  I know the story is meant to be an allegory, or a metaphor, for the way having a baby takes over your life, but pragmatically, how does it play out?  Probably overthinking, but weird premise leads to weird thoughts. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Bad baby! 😊

Literally! 🙂

I liked the first episode and I'm looking forward to the next. Initially I did not like Natasha (I was drawn to her two friends at the beginning), and I'm still not sure if I do at the end of the episode. But she's funny.

• Love 4
On 4/26/2022 at 11:41 PM, meatball77 said:

The breastfeeding scene was disturbing.  The laundry basket entertained me. 

I legit screamed. I laughed out loud.  I'm all in for this show.

• Love 2