Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Fallout

Trini
  • Start Topic

In the aftermath of Naomi discovering who Greg and Jen really are - and that they've been lying about it her entire life - Naomi sets out on her own to dig deeper for the truth only to discover how many people have been keeping secrets from her.

Angel Kristi Williams directed the episode written by Oscar Balderrama.

Airdate: 4/26/22

NMI110a_0008r.jpg?ssl=1

Damn, there are chunks missing from this episode in my mind. It was a good episode, but it paled to the craziness over on Superman & Lois.

I've heard speculation that the Arrowverse might be on the way out . . . but could we get a spinoff about Annabelle and her equally snarky little series? Or just a one-off?

I brought up S&L . . . I think Naomi does a better job mixing the superhero and school stuff. Principal walks in on Naomi in the comic shop, and I'm all, "Oh, right, she should be in school now."

Dee is still awesome.

ETA: "Little series"? I hate when keyboard dyslexia strikes.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I've heard speculation that the Arrowverse might be on the way out . . . but could we get a spinoff about Annabelle and her equally snarky little series? Or just a one-off?

I would be massively into this but only if Dee comes along lol.

• Love 2

I was really pissed off that Naomi was using Lourdes, and glad L called her on it. Disappointing, because it's the first time I really disliked Naomi. 

I also didn't like that Zumbardo and the parents are arguing about what's best for Naomi and not even considering letting her decide, or at least bringing her into the conversation.

• Love 2

Am I supposed to believe that Dee gave Naomi the exact address for the Alien Dive Bar™ that just happens to be an afternoon's drive from her town?

Anyway, I actually did think this was one of the better episodes; we got a few more answers about Naomi and the other aliens, but they're still being too coy about the secrets surrounding Naomi and her "destiny".

Seems like everyone is worried about Naomi being unprepared (for...whatever), but Dee is like the only one actually training her and not keeping massive secrets. I need the adults to step up here! And with the revelations about Naomi's parents, I need them to be actually part of the story and not just props for drama.

"Annabelle.... and Child." - hee!

I too appreciate that they show that Naomi is still a teen dealing with high school stuff, not just superhero stuff.

Had to look up where I knew Mac from - she was 'Agent Vasquez' on Supergirl!

• Love 1

Why is Annabelle raising her sister? It looked like she was making her lunches and doing all the child care, but at the same time worrying about little sister telling their parents what Annabelle was doing-- even when it was something really innocuous like going to Naomi's house to get some of N's stuff for her. Unless Naomi was somehow staying there without Annabelle's parents knowing, why would that be a secret?

Great seeing Briana Venskus a.k.a. Piper from Agents of SHIELD and Vasquez from Supergirl as Mac.  Since it seems like they're going to keep Brutus off screen for now, she could work well as the "face" of the opposition.  Hope we see her again.

Naomi is definitely pissed about all of the lying and deceit, so I don't blame her for keeping Greg and Jenny at a distance for now, even though I do think they truly love her and want whats best for her.  That said, I did like Lourdes calling her out for how she was using her, because, yeah, Naomi even acknowledged in the pilot that she new Lourdes had a crush on her, and it was low to be all friendly and flirty with her, and then do an about face because Lourdes tried to take it to the next step.  I can't see this not having some impact for at least a few episodes.  And I really doubt things will be okay with Nathan either, so Naomi is really dropping the ball in that department.

The show totally realizes that Dee is at his best being the straight man opposite of Annabelle.

Looks like Akira is on Team Naomi now.

• Love 1