Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 4/25/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

On 4/26/2022 at 10:17 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

How again was she able to be a lawyer when she lacks the ability to be objective?

Lawyers aren't objective, judges are.

14 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I'm easily amused and admit there have been moments that you know who has made me laugh, that wasn't remotely funny to me. Humor is definitely subjective. 

Me too. Sometimes he was being deliberately funny and people just refused to see the humor because of whose mouth it was coming out of.

6 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

Sunny was breaking my brain with her inability to understand the break up sex topic. It wasn’t that hard to understand! 
I don’t know if it’s because she’s moderating, but joy seems to get confused often lately. 

Sorry but I was with Sumny on this one. If I'm breaking up with you it's because I want nothing to do with you anymore. If you're breaking up with me, I'll be too sad to want breakup sex.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

I don’t need another day of Amber.

It's her last day.  Jane Lynch is guest co-host tomorow.

Amber makes some insightful points but she doesn't seem sure what her role is on the panel.  I don't know if the producers told her to go out there and be the class clown like Joy used to do or play it more serious.  I'd think she'd come across better if she learns to make less jokes when discussing more serious topics.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Ana is right that Birx was inept, complicit, and hypocritical. Does she really think staying quiet helped the health of anyone other than herself?

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Deb Birx says she would have risked her job if she spoke up. So what?  It’s not like her staying quiet did any good for public health. Ana is right that she was inept, complicit, and hypocritical. 

I thought the consensus at the time was she and Fauci were quiet during his endless press conferences "bleach" because they would incur his endless rage if he were to be corrected in public but they were taking care of things behind the scenes to ensure public safety.

It's time for Reddit Rip-off  segment.  Dead relatives.  Will Aunt Rose make an appearance?  Stay tuned!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Ellis Bell said:

I thought the consensus at the time was she and Fauci were quiet during his endless press conferences "bleach" because they would incur his endless rage if he were to be corrected in public but they were taking care of things behind the scenes to ensure public safety.

It's time for Reddit Rip-off  segment.  Dead relatives.  Will Aunt Rose make an appearance?  Stay tuned!

I don't care. They should have spoken up. Too much was at stake. Maybe they actually could have made a difference if they had actually said something.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Prairie Rose said:

I don't care. They should have spoken up. Too much was at stake. Maybe they actually could have made a difference if they had actually said something.

Yes. Birx is a doctor. She took an oath.  First do no harm.  Her silence did plenty of harm.

• Love 18
9 minutes ago, Prairie Rose said:

Ana and Amber have once again been banished to the invisble children's table for the celeb interview.  

In reference to Fauci and Birx, I figured they had decades dealing with ego-driven poiticians and this is how they navigated that terrain. 

I think the damage was done early on because Trump had info as early as 11/19 that something was happening in China yet he chose to tamp down any info in order to be re-elected. 

Fauci then moved front and center which pissed off Trump because he was the new darling of the media.  Trump went after him and in turn turned public opinion (his followers) against him.  Fauci and Birx had to tread lightly in order to get their message out without upsetting Trump.  I think they did the best they could while working under a POTUS whose only objective was self-preservation and the country be damned.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Prairie Rose said:

Thank you ladies, for speaking out against the latest person in the previous administration to hawk a new book - Dr. Birx. I'm with Ana - I'm sick of all these "rehabilitation" tours. Give me a break.

This is one of the things Meghan was right about last year when she complained about the Trumper Rehabilitation Tour, and how they'd end up on The View. I think this was when Bolton didn't testify against Trump because he wanted everyone to read the juicy details in his book instead. Birx isn't as nakedly opportunistic, but she might have done a lot more good if she and Fauci were a united front of medical expertise.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Both Sunny and Ana have a weird vibe going on lately. At least to me.

Anyway, I personally side more with Joy and Amber on the spirits topic, particularly what Amber said about believing people go on to glory and have peace, not forced to float around the earth.

3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Ana is right that Birx was inept, complicit, and hypocritical. Does she really think staying quiet helped the health of anyone other than herself?

I think Ana was shadily talking about some of the guest co-hosts who've been on this show the past two months, too, when she made that statement about people from that administration trying to rehabilitate their image...

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Both Sunny and Ana have a weird vibe going on lately. At least to me.

Anyway, I personally side more with Joy and Amber on the spirits topic, particularly what Amber said about believing people go on to glory and have peace, not forced to float around the earth.

I think Ana was shadily talking about some of the guest co-hosts who've been on this show the past two months, too, when she made that statement about people from that administration trying to rehabilitate their image...

Ana seems pissed lately.  Either she's more secure in her position on the panel or she's acting out for some reason.

I though Joy was somewhat condescending to Sunny when she questioned the vision of her grandmother and started asking her what she was wearing. Live and let live or die and let live, whatever.

Amber is obviously not a producer for the series Ghosts.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I agree with Sunny and Ana. Regarding lost loved ones. My 27 year old daughter  passed away in October 2020, while I'm not religious I don't think I could have survived if I thought I would never see her again.  I have never seen a vision of my daughter,  I have had beautiful dreams about us together. 

Of course therapy helps other little things like seeing a rainbow on her birthday or thinking I smelled her favorite perfume . Every bit that helps people is ok.

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Cozytea said:

I agree with Sunny and Ana. Regarding lost loved ones. My 27 year old daughter  passed away in October 2020, while I'm not religious I don't think I could have survived if I thought I would never see her again.

I'm sorry for your loss, that must've been hard.

I don't believe Amber's meaning was people never see one another again, so much as they aren't in this world anymore. I believe you could receive dreams or signals from them from elsewhere, but I don't see them as being here in the sense that a house could be haunted or that kind of thing. *shrug*

• Love 3

It is sad that self-interest (maybe Birx would call it self-preservation) can make people ignore what they know is right. To be fair, not many people would be so willing to put their job and their reputation on the line when faced with someone like Trump. I'd like to think I could do it, but I also know how intimidating it would be. 

Nevertheless, it is ridiculous that so many people who were in the White House now decide to tell everyone that they knew things were off kilter then but didn't do anything about it. Why not just keep it to yourself? It only makes people wonder if they could ever trust you again. 

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

I agree with Sunny and Ana. Regarding lost loved ones. My 27 year old daughter  passed away in October 2020, while I'm not religious I don't think I could have survived if I thought I would never see her again.  I have never seen a vision of my daughter,  I have had beautiful dreams about us together. 

Of course therapy helps other little things like seeing a rainbow on her birthday or thinking I smelled her favorite perfume . Every bit that helps people is ok.

I agree. My son died in November of 2020. I talk to him and hope his spirit hears. It comforts me. There is a lot we don’t know and just because we don’t know it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.  So I’m with the panel members who think like me on this one. 

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I agree. My son died in November of 2020. I talk to him and hope his spirit hears. It comforts me. There is a lot we don’t know and just because we don’t know it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.  So I’m with the panel members who think like me on this one. 

2 hours ago, Ellis Bell said:

Ana seems pissed lately.  Either she's more secure in her position on the panel or she's acting out for some reason.

I though Joy was somewhat condescending to Sunny when she questioned the vision of her grandmother and started asking her what she was wearing. Live and let live or die and let live, whatever.

Amber is obviously not a producer for the series Ghosts.

Love that show. 😸

Sorry to Everyone who's lost Someone.  I have too, my Sister.  Since then my mom has been getting a lot of Cardinals, turns out theres a whole mythology on the background of Cardinals.  Its interesting.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

I have too, my Sister.  Since then my mom has been getting a lot of Cardinals, turns out theres a whole mythology on the background of Cardinals.  Its interesting.

I lost my sister two years ago and what I keep noticing are cardinals and dimes.  Apparently finding a dime is supposed to mean your loved one is thinking of you.  I honestly wish I could believe this is true, but I don't. However I admit when I see a cardinal or find a dime it does make me smile and think about her so maybe that's enough.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, SusanM said:

I lost my sister two years ago and what I keep noticing are cardinals and dimes.  Apparently finding a dime is supposed to mean your loved one is thinking of you.  I honestly wish I could believe this is true, but I don't. However I admit when I see a cardinal or find a dime it does make me smile and think about her so maybe that's enough.

I want to believe it when I see a cardinal or butterflies( after my daughter passed I saw them ,never before at least that I remember) it has something to do with my daughter.  I don't know if it's true but it comforts me right now. Like I said before anything that helps a person move forward after a loss is good. 

I'm binging Will and Grace because it was my daughter's favorite show. The other night I had a dream about her and woke up laughing and not crying for the first time. So i decided she wanted me to laugh more , silly I know but it helps.

Love and hugs to everyone who has experienced a loss. ❤

Edited by Cozytea
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

BINGO!! I do, too - and feel the same way!!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, KittyQ said:

It is sad that self-interest (maybe Birx would call it self-preservation) can make people ignore what they know is right. To be fair, not many people would be so willing to put their job and their reputation on the line when faced with someone like Trump. I'd like to think I could do it, but I also know how intimidating it would be. 

Nevertheless, it is ridiculous that so many people who were in the White House now decide to tell everyone that they knew things were off kilter then but didn't do anything about it. Why not just keep it to yourself? It only makes people wonder if they could ever trust you again. 

Very true, all of this. I won't lie, it must be very intimidating - especially in light of what happened later to the Capitol. 

I love how the people writing books make it seem like they were the only adults in the room. Now to see some of them get rewarded with cushy TV gigs and book deals makes me angry. 

Edited by Prairie Rose
  • Love 5

Hugs to all who have experienced a loss.

I've read enough on near-death experiences, past-life regressions, and stories of toddlers talking to someone who passed, so that I believe that there's something out there.  Too many similar experiences, i.e. in near-death experiences, loved ones who passed before are there to greet you when you cross over, and you have a full life review, etc.  I'm a big believer in reincarnation.

It's so enjoyable without Whoopi there.  I hope she's filming for several more weeks. 

Amber didn't add much today except saying, "I agree a million percent," a couple of times.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

It's so enjoyable without Whoopi there.  I hope she's filming for several more weeks. 

Amber didn't add much today except saying, "I agree a million percent," a couple of times.

Well, live it up now because Whoopi's back on Monday. Joy said that yesterday, I believe.

As for Amber, she just seemed out of her element this week. She shines when she's with Seth Meyers and on her own show, but in a daytime talk show she seems like a square peg in a round hole. At least she didn't offend or anger me like most of the other guest hosts we've seen this season have!

• Love 4

When Andrew Garfield answered a question with "I don't see how that's any of your business," I thought, he must be a Rupaul Drag Race fan. Then later in the show during the lightning speed round he was asked his TV guilty pleasure and, lo and behold, he said RPDR. Ha! 

29 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I'm thinking that she might now realize that daytime live TV is not for her...hopefully. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Ellis Bell said:

Whoopi's mea culpa continues with a weird View Your Deal Holocaust Remembrance Day.  Do they realize this took place in January?

Not sure what you mean.  Today is Yom Hashoah…Holocaust Remembrance Day.  I’m not sure it was done because of Whoopie and more because it’s important to remember given things that have happened around the world recently. 

• Love 13

I wasn’t in the room when they were talking about the Holocaust hologram project but 60 Minutes did a piece about it. It’s incredibly important but just a little bit creepy. A local woman was one of the contributors. She died a couple yrs ago. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Not sure what you mean.  Today is Yom Hashoah…Holocaust Remembrance Day.  I’m not sure it was done because of Whoopie and more because it’s important to remember given things that have happened around the world recently. 

I was being sarcastic about View Your Deal because they forsook hawking their wares for one day to pay tribute to those lost in the Holocaust.  I guess today's occasion was for Israel because I thought this event usually takes place in January.  That's what I meant by it was months ago.

1 hour ago, Prairie Rose said:

Well, live it up now because Whoopi's back on Monday. Joy said that yesterday, I believe.

As for Amber, she just seemed out of her element this week. She shines when she's with Seth Meyers and on her own show, but in a daytime talk show she seems like a square peg in a round hole. At least she didn't offend or anger me like most of the other guest hosts we've seen this season have!

I think there is a “knack” to being on a panel or being a pair of talk show hosts. Amber might could learn with practice and a mentor. It is easy enough to say “oh they only work an hour how hard could it be”. I think it is something to learn. 

• Love 1

As far as the jokes Joy was reading from the comedy writer: the Tucker Carlson joke was a good one, and the whole Biden faking falling asleep is another good idea. Ana keeps taking forever with her points; she looked annoyed at Joy for going to commercial, but, well, this is a TV show.... They all know how little time the this gives them for topics, this isn't new information. Seriously, I'm not going to be able to take it if we're about to start developing another bitter pill among the cast (Sunny being the other one).

Jane Lynch is a breath of fresh air, but admittedly I've always liked her. I felt like Amber rarely said anything several days she was there, whereas Lynch has been contributing to all the topics.

• Love 4

Jane was a nice addition to the panel. I didn't see if there was a preview for next week's lineup but hopefully we're not back to a former Trump staffer at the end of the table.

Edited to say: Just looked at the tickets site and it looks like looks like Lindsey Granger is back next week, Alyssa Farah Griffin the week after that, and then more Stephanie Grisham after that....

Edited by Tammy12
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I think there is a “knack” to being on a panel or being a pair of talk show hosts. Amber might could learn with practice and a mentor. It is easy enough to say “oh they only work an hour how hard could it be”. I think it is something to learn. 

I think part of the problem is she's similar to Sarah and is midwestern nice.  Meaning she hasn't learned how to interrupt to get her point across. 

The other problem is the type of comedy she does is kinda dry and snarky.  And that doesn't translate well on this panel.   She would need to learn to be more mainstream (for lack of a better word) in how she delivers her jokes.   

Was so happy to see Ana all week.   

• Love 3

I only now finished the second half of the show, and wow... Sunny and Ana were something else at the end of topic about weddings and marriage. Sara was being playful with Joy, but they both seemed full of themselves, pissed off that Joy had disagreed with them on other topics the past few days and Jane Lynch looked a little uncomfortable at the tension. I'm going to chalk it up to a bad week, but if this is how they're going to be all the time now, I'll be ready for them to go. This show wouldn't have any trouble finding co-hosts who can fill those seats without being a drag--Deborah Roberts, Julia Haart, and Jane Lynch being the most recent examples. I'm not going to feel bad for Sunny the next time Whoopi shuts her down.

Darren Criss has always been so cute. Glee was on the air just as I leaving high school, so... He and Jane Lynch were two of the best parts of that show for me (Colfer, Michele, and Rivera being the other highlights).

Jokes for the Correspondents Dinner - no, don't have the in-house writer provide jokes; those were just not that funny. Of course, maybe the delivery matters, in which case Joy needs to practice a little more. 

Rings and proposals - I think it is nice for proposals to be personal and not part of a display or video. Many people seem to treat it like a performance instead of a declaration of love. That being said, I'm sure lots of people (including me) had proposals that are more conversational, like "I think we should get married, don't you?".  I wear a ring, and it makes me happy to see my husband wearing his ring, because it is a fairly low-key but public indication that we've made this commitment to each other. Other people don't feel the same way, but to each their own. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Tammy12 said:

Edited to say: Just looked at the tickets site and it looks like looks like Lindsey Granger is back next week, Alyssa Farah Griffin the week after that, and then more Stephanie Grisham after that....

BOOOO!!! I like Lindsey...on Daily Blast Live. But I'll take her any day over the other two. Enough said!!!!

If you haven’t heard the whole Mallory McMorrow speech look it up online. She is a force of nature. The speech was a lot more than just about gay bashing. 

Definitely. She is fantastic!! I watched her make the rounds of interviews last week and it's past time someone made a stand.

If you haven’t heard the whole Mallory McMorrow speech look it up online. She is a force of nature. The speech was a lot more than just about gay bashing. 

That speech was brilliant.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Tammy12 said:

Just looked at the tickets site and it looks like looks like Lindsey Granger is back next week, Alyssa Farah Griffin the week after that, and then more Stephanie Grisham after that....

Seriously???  Don’t TPTB understand that we don’t like those trump rejects???

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Seriously???  Don’t TPTB understand that we don’t like those trump rejects???

Blah.  That seriously sux.  😥🤮  i could put hundreds of emoji, and not repeat any.  They would all apply.  Blah. 

• Love 1

So it appears that the producers are aiming to fill the fifth seat with a permanent host who worked in the Trump administration. Why else would they keep inviting these same women back?  Can it be they are testing that well with the audience ? 

1 hour ago, Bookish Jen said:

That speech was brilliant.

She was awesome!  Why haven't we heard more about her.  What state was she from, i didn't catch it.  I would love for her to be in mine.  Maybe i can convince her to move haha.  Not bloody likely.  She did rock it though.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I only now finished the second half of the show, and wow... Sunny and Ana were something else at the end of topic about weddings and marriage. Sara was being playful with Joy, but they both seemed full of themselves, pissed off that Joy had disagreed with them on other topics the past few days and Jane Lynch looked a little uncomfortable at the tension. I'm going to chalk it up to a bad week, but if this is how they're going to be all the time now, I'll be ready for them to go. This show wouldn't have any trouble finding co-hosts who can fill those seats without being a drag--Deborah Roberts, Julia Haart, and Jane Lynch being the most recent examples. I'm not going to feel bad for Sunny the next time Whoopi shuts her down.

Darren Criss has always been so cute. Glee was on the air just as I leaving high school, so... He and Jane Lynch were two of the best parts of that show for me (Colfer, Michele, and Rivera being the other highlights).

Has anyone heard of the Glee curse?  Several of the cast members have had tragic things happen.  That said, love Jane Lynch.  Except on the Biggest Loser.  She doesn't have it in her to be mean.  Even her 'mean' is funny heehee.  Maybe if she went at it from a different angle.  She's gotten really thin too.  That Broadway schedule is no joke.  gain a lil back Jane!  I've got some i can donate to you LOL.  Happy for the Criss family.  Well, all their families too LOL x2.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Ditto.  No way on the Whoopi.  I'm sure she had nothing to do with it. It was very touching imho.  and heartbreaking. and scary with all that's going on, only within the last 100 or so years.  It could very easily happen again.