Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

aqusdealer

SO1.E08: Prom Night

What is it with Bravo? I’ve mentioned this in previous posts that there is this running thing with bodily functions. Whether it’s urine, feces or stomach contents. Last nights guest heaved dinner in the jacuzzi. Does Bravo just hint at it and show a brief “tease”? Of course not. They dwell on the scene with multi angles and long, torturous edits. Not only do they show the actual vomiting, but they show it floating and being discussed in detail by Magda with a deckhand. Who signs off on this stuff, a 12 year old? I was sick everytime I thought of it last night. I don’t tune in for things like this. Grow up Bravo. That is all. 😤

• Love 4

The scene with the captain supposedly lecturing the chef was really off. I'm pretty sure the editors forced together shots from two different events.

I don't understand how Magda lost gloves in a toilet two different times.

Still trying to enjoy this season with Aesha, the captain and Tumi.

It's weird that they barely feature Culver.

• Love 4

1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

I don't understand how Magda lost gloves in a toilet two different times.

I don't think she "lost" them so much as took them off and intentionally flushed them down because she's too damn dumb/lazy to put them in the trash.

This may be an unpopular opinion but I like Aesha this season.  I'm basing that on her first Below Deck showing when she was really vulgar at times.  She seems to have really matured and smartened up since then (credit being in a relationship?) and I like seeing that.  She may not be the best chief stew but I hope she's learning.

I hate that effing chef.  He needs to be reprimanded old school.  Since he's so obsessed with the stews cleaning toilets, I'd like to see him get a swirly.

• Love 9

Magda and Ryan are the slackers and they bristle at direction or pointing out their mistakes.

The Prom lasted only for the dress up to take photos and then the crew had to go back to work, only the captain got to dine?

But everyone seemed to enjoy the theme.  

Magda has a chip on her shoulder when Aesha tried to explain her preoccupation with what her bf was doing was affecting her work and disrupting her sleep.  She works hard but is often distracted.  Then she talks about how Eastern European models are viewed but would that be true from Americans or Australians?

Ryan doesn’t think the captain’s opinion matters.  Well it’s a TV show but who else would be his boss?  Can’t be more stupidly defiant unless he was encouraged to cop this attitude.  Aesha just cleans toilets and captain is just another guest sitting at one dinner.

Does he think guests would ultimately back him?  Because some have complained about some of his food.

• Love 4

12 hours ago, Oosala said:

This may be an unpopular opinion but I like Aesha this season

So do I.

Just wish she could tone down that sing-songy voice for an episode or two.

• Love 5

I like how Captain Jason lets his team experience some of the fun by inviting them out to snorkel/scuba.  It's also nice to see him truly engage with the guests when invited. Hi breakdancing skills were impressive.

Ryan continues to be such a smug asshole. Maybe if you weren't such a dick to everyone, they'd try to include you more?

Magda is lazy & always on her phone. Aesha's a better person than I am, because I'd fire her just for the audacity of not having her phone silenced and arguing with her boyfriend at 2:30am when I'm trying to sleep. 

Wow, the previews were interesting...

• Love 4

On 4/22/2022 at 8:16 AM, aqusdealer said:

What is it with Bravo? I’ve mentioned this in previous posts that there is this running thing with bodily functions. Whether it’s urine, feces or stomach contents. Last nights guest heaved dinner in the jacuzzi. Does Bravo just hint at it and show a brief “tease”? Of course not. They dwell on the scene with multi angles and long, torturous edits. Not only do they show the actual vomiting, but they show it floating and being discussed in detail by Magda with a deckhand. Who signs off on this stuff, a 12 year old? I was sick everytime I thought of it last night. I don’t tune in for things like this. Grow up Bravo. That is all. 😤

I'm totally with you! I still feel sick when I think of Kasey from BD Med season 3. At least three episodes were punctuated with constant scenes of her throwing up while she was seasick. 

• Love 2

Had not been a fan of Aesha in her earlier appearance.  I groaned when I saw that she was back as chief stew as all I could remember was her grating laugh, farting in people's faces, and vulgar references to anatomy. I am pleasantly surprised at how she has evolved.

• Love 2

3 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Had not been a fan of Aesha in her earlier appearance.  I groaned when I saw that she was back as chief stew as all I could remember was her grating laugh, farting in people's faces, and vulgar references to anatomy. I am pleasantly surprised at how she has evolved.

Or they told her she has to act more reserved as a leader and to tout her relationship, which is suppose to have settled her.

Or her previous appearances on BD were exaggerated and she was encouraged to speak without filters.

• Love 1

They may vanish like poo in the loo, but all comments are in order of the episode broadcast….

Yes, Benny, we all know you’re in love with Captain Jason.  But you should listen to your Bosun when he’s talking about safety.  I understand the Captain wanting to step up things, but Jamie is right – this crew isn’t ready for it.

What classy charter guests, to show the tattoos on their ass at the dinner table.  Well done – your mother must be proud.

So where do I start with the jacuzzi vomit saga?  The fact that Benny used kitchen equipment – including a colander that looks like it was used for food?  I may just heave myself.  But not in a jacuzzi.

Magda decries the “stereotype” of Eastern European models – they’re not stupid, etc.  Yeah, but can they handle a tray of glassware?  Apparently, some can’t.

Brittini “never had a prom date or romantic connexion with guys in high school.”  What the heck – were they all blind?  Or didn’t like girls?  That pic they flashed of her in high school – I would have given… much… to have a chance at a date with someone like that.

Magda seems to be on her phone more than she’s working – or at least that’s how it’s being edited.

And Magda – if you feel all your mistakes are being pointed out – how about not making them?

• Love 1

I really don't think that Magda is model level of attractive, but to each their own.

• Love 3