Type keyword(s) to search

SO1.E08: Prom Night

• Start Topic

What is it with Bravo? I’ve mentioned this in previous posts that there is this running thing with bodily functions. Whether it’s urine, feces or stomach contents. Last nights guest heaved dinner in the jacuzzi. Does Bravo just hint at it and show a brief “tease”? Of course not. They dwell on the scene with multi angles and long, torturous edits. Not only do they show the actual vomiting, but they show it floating and being discussed in detail by Magda with a deckhand. Who signs off on this stuff, a 12 year old? I was sick everytime I thought of it last night. I don’t tune in for things like this. Grow up Bravo. That is all. 😤

• Applause 1
  • Love 7

The scene with the captain supposedly lecturing the chef was really off. I'm pretty sure the editors forced together shots from two different events.

I don't understand how Magda lost gloves in a toilet two different times.

Still trying to enjoy this season with Aesha, the captain and Tumi.

It's weird that they barely feature Culver.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

I don't understand how Magda lost gloves in a toilet two different times.

I don't think she "lost" them so much as took them off and intentionally flushed them down because she's too damn dumb/lazy to put them in the trash.

This may be an unpopular opinion but I like Aesha this season.  I'm basing that on her first Below Deck showing when she was really vulgar at times.  She seems to have really matured and smartened up since then (credit being in a relationship?) and I like seeing that.  She may not be the best chief stew but I hope she's learning.

I hate that effing chef.  He needs to be reprimanded old school.  Since he's so obsessed with the stews cleaning toilets, I'd like to see him get a swirly.

• Like 1
  • Love 18

Magda and Ryan are the slackers and they bristle at direction or pointing out their mistakes.

The Prom lasted only for the dress up to take photos and then the crew had to go back to work, only the captain got to dine?

But everyone seemed to enjoy the theme.  

Magda has a chip on her shoulder when Aesha tried to explain her preoccupation with what her bf was doing was affecting her work and disrupting her sleep.  She works hard but is often distracted.  Then she talks about how Eastern European models are viewed but would that be true from Americans or Australians?

Ryan doesn’t think the captain’s opinion matters.  Well it’s a TV show but who else would be his boss?  Can’t be more stupidly defiant unless he was encouraged to cop this attitude.  Aesha just cleans toilets and captain is just another guest sitting at one dinner.

Does he think guests would ultimately back him?  Because some have complained about some of his food.

• Love 7

I like how Captain Jason lets his team experience some of the fun by inviting them out to snorkel/scuba.  It's also nice to see him truly engage with the guests when invited. Hi breakdancing skills were impressive.

Ryan continues to be such a smug asshole. Maybe if you weren't such a dick to everyone, they'd try to include you more?

Magda is lazy & always on her phone. Aesha's a better person than I am, because I'd fire her just for the audacity of not having her phone silenced and arguing with her boyfriend at 2:30am when I'm trying to sleep. 

Wow, the previews were interesting...

• Love 8
On 4/22/2022 at 8:16 AM, aqusdealer said:

What is it with Bravo? I’ve mentioned this in previous posts that there is this running thing with bodily functions. Whether it’s urine, feces or stomach contents. Last nights guest heaved dinner in the jacuzzi. Does Bravo just hint at it and show a brief “tease”? Of course not. They dwell on the scene with multi angles and long, torturous edits. Not only do they show the actual vomiting, but they show it floating and being discussed in detail by Magda with a deckhand. Who signs off on this stuff, a 12 year old? I was sick everytime I thought of it last night. I don’t tune in for things like this. Grow up Bravo. That is all. 😤

I'm totally with you! I still feel sick when I think of Kasey from BD Med season 3. At least three episodes were punctuated with constant scenes of her throwing up while she was seasick. 

• Love 3

Had not been a fan of Aesha in her earlier appearance.  I groaned when I saw that she was back as chief stew as all I could remember was her grating laugh, farting in people's faces, and vulgar references to anatomy. I am pleasantly surprised at how she has evolved.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Had not been a fan of Aesha in her earlier appearance.  I groaned when I saw that she was back as chief stew as all I could remember was her grating laugh, farting in people's faces, and vulgar references to anatomy. I am pleasantly surprised at how she has evolved.

Or they told her she has to act more reserved as a leader and to tout her relationship, which is suppose to have settled her.

Or her previous appearances on BD were exaggerated and she was encouraged to speak without filters.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

They may vanish like poo in the loo, but all comments are in order of the episode broadcast….

Yes, Benny, we all know you’re in love with Captain Jason.  But you should listen to your Bosun when he’s talking about safety.  I understand the Captain wanting to step up things, but Jamie is right – this crew isn’t ready for it.

What classy charter guests, to show the tattoos on their ass at the dinner table.  Well done – your mother must be proud.

So where do I start with the jacuzzi vomit saga?  The fact that Benny used kitchen equipment – including a colander that looks like it was used for food?  I may just heave myself.  But not in a jacuzzi.

Magda decries the “stereotype” of Eastern European models – they’re not stupid, etc.  Yeah, but can they handle a tray of glassware?  Apparently, some can’t.

Brittini “never had a prom date or romantic connexion with guys in high school.”  What the heck – were they all blind?  Or didn’t like girls?  That pic they flashed of her in high school – I would have given… much… to have a chance at a date with someone like that.

Magda seems to be on her phone more than she’s working – or at least that’s how it’s being edited.

And Magda – if you feel all your mistakes are being pointed out – how about not making them?

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I liked the idea of the guests drawing names for their prom dates from the crew.  It made the theme a lot more fun.  The crew obviously had to work during dinner, but some seemed to join in on the after dinner party.  

I would never talk on the phone in the middle of the night, if I were sharing a cabin.  They barely get enough sleep as it is.  She could have texted back so as not to disturb Aesha.  It seems Magda is taking everything Aesha is saying very defensively, and this is after Aesha is trying to be diplomatic in her critiques.  

Ryan is horrible!

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I liked the idea of the guests drawing names for their prom dates from the crew.  It made the theme a lot more fun.  The crew obviously had to work during dinner, but some seemed to join in on the after dinner party.  

I would never talk on the phone in the middle of the night, if I were sharing a cabin.  They barely get enough sleep as it is.  She could have texted back so as not to disturb Aesha.  It seems Magda is taking everything Aesha is saying very defensively, and this is after Aesha is trying to be diplomatic in her critiques.  

Ryan is horrible!

Ryan is horrible and so is Magna. I hate them both equally.

• Love 5

What's up with Bravo? All through the "Never before scene" episode prior to the new one they kept advertising this week's episode as the Season Finale. Aren't they going to show the rest of the season? The episode ended with a promo for the rest of the season.

Ryan almost has to be a plant, I cannot believe he doesn't even grasp the hierarchy and thinks the captain's opinion is irrelevant, even after the guests themselves have complained about his food. He just can't be that delusional.

Brittini “never had a prom date or romantic connexion with guys in high school.”  What the heck – were they all blind?  Or didn’t like girls?  That pic they flashed of her in high school 

It looked like she was a cheerleader too. WTF. Was it an all-girls school? 

What classy charter guests, to show the tattoos on their ass at the dinner table.  Well done – your mother must be proud.

All of the charter groups thus far have been pretty tacky, even by Bravo standards. They must have had a harder time rounding up "guests" for this iteration of the franchise.

I really don't think that Magda is model level of attractive, but to each their own.

She's the kind of model that looks great in photos but not so great in 3D real life. When she's fixed up and posed she's very striking. When she's got her hair pulled back and she's squawking on her phone? Not so much.

I also have a hard time believing she (and Aesha, for that matter) spend so much time on their phones during their shifts. I don't even understand why they would be allowed to have their phones on them during work hours, that doesn't make any sense. I never see the deck crew on their phones.

• Love 3

Why aren't the crews' phones left in their cabins when they're on duty? It's not like they don't get breaks...and horse-faced Magda has had comments from the Captain about the laundry room and still doesn't get it smh 

The disgusting pig who threw up in the hot tub didn't even have enough common sense to be embarrassed wtf? 

I hope Captain Jason is really as patient and chill as he seems and isn't just angling for his own show...God knows he's hot enough to carry a spin-off with the way he looks 😍 lol

Ryan is an arrogant ass...i would think it's editing or show drama if i hadn't lived on the East coast for awhile and met people just like that in the Philly area...lots of nice people around there, but definitely alot like Ryan...hope i didn't offend anyone as there are assholes everywhere

I hate the theme parties, but this one was actually kind of cute...beat the hell out of Magda doing the ugliest ever impression of Marilyn Monroe...poor woman was probably rolling in her grave as Magda rolled across the table in a 70 year old woman's wig, bad make-up job and a nip hanging out...surprised no one threw up in the hot tub after that performance 🤢

Tumi is a gem...kind, classy, smart, hard working woman...she's easily one of the best (if not the best) stews we've seen on any of this show's franchises 

Culver seems to be knowledgeable about the job and willing to do it, but he needs to burn the mullet wigs...it's already getting old and not funny

Brittini is much more attractive than she seems to realize...i also like how open she is to learning and doing better...so far i like her

Edited by Pixilicious
Typo
  • Love 5

Ok, Ryan is a dick.  A big one at that.  And not in a good way.

Being disrespectful to your chief stew is bad enough but to be disrespectful to the captain is just plain stupid and shows you have a HUGE ego.  He food was bland, he even admitted it was when the criticism came in.  Did he care.  Didn't seem to.  His food is boring, unappealing, bland and needs SALT.  He has made a name for himself, its Chef Blandass.

Edited by gaPeach
A and I are two different things.........
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, gaPeach said:

Ok, Ryan is a dick.  I big one at that.  And not in a good way.

Being disrespectful to your chief stew is bad enough but to be disrespectful to the captain is just plain stupid and shows you have a HUGE ego.  He food was bland, he even admitted it was when the criticism came in.  Did he care.  Didn't seem to.  His food is boring, unappealing, bland and needs SALT.  He has made a name for himself, its Chef Blandass.

And, actually, I thought I heard Ryan complimenting himself to the captain after that dinner- saying "another home run!"  Maybe it was someone else, but I believe it was Ryan.  Delusional, much?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 4/22/2022 at 7:42 AM, pasdetrois said:

Still trying to enjoy this season with Aesha, the captain and Tumi.

I'm still trying to enjoy ANYTHING about this new BD franchise. Everyone is so boring and predictable. I had high hopes but I have, once again, been very disappointed.

Oh well, maybe the "Real Girlfriends In Paris" will bring it. I have low expectations from Bravo at this point.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, gaPeach said:

Ok, Ryan is a dick.  I big one at that.  And not in a good way.

I'd pay money* to see Chef Blandass (lol) cook for Gordon Ramsay. Especially if GR was a charter guest for a few days, that would be so much fun to watch, especially for Aesha.

*Paying money is a little extreme, but I would wash the dishes.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 4
On 8/23/2022 at 9:37 PM, SemiCharmedLife said:

At the very least get up and go to another room to speak.  It was very rude to yak away like that with someone else trying to sleep right above you.

ITA with everyone about Ryan.  To say he's a jerk doesn't begin to describe it.  His constant complaining about the guests food choices is just so unnecessary.  It doesn't matter if you understand why the guests want an Asian night with prom.  It's what they want so shut the F up about it.  He always has to add his opinion about everything!  

23 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Brittini “never had a prom date or romantic connexion with guys in high school.”  What the heck – were they all blind?  Or didn’t like girls?  That pic they flashed of her in high school 

She is pretty.  She's not what I would consider breath takingly attractive but she is pretty without trying too hard.  Very nice!  I wish she wasn't so hard on herself.  Picking up the wrong remote for anchor was just a simple mistake.  Glad Culver was there to encourage her along.  She's the green deckhand and a female so it must be especially difficult for her.  

17 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I really don't think that Magda is model level of attractive, but to each their own.

Again pretty but not breath takingly attractive.  I don't like that super long hair on women (and I'm a female too so I can judge =)  It just gets a bit stringy looking.  But enh pretty enough I guess *shrug*

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 8/25/2022 at 6:26 AM, tveyeonyou said:

I'd pay money* to see Chef Blandass (lol) cook for Gordon Ramsay. Especially if GR was a charter guest for a few days, that would be so much fun to watch, especially for Aesha.

*Paying money is a little extreme, but I would wash the dishes.

Maybe he could get a gig on "Hell's Kitchen!"

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I really don't think that Magda is model level of attractive

Totally agree. However, I went to high school in a small rural town about an hour from NYC. One of my classmates wasn't especially beautiful but was tall and gangly and wore weird non descript clothing. Well, her mother had been taking her into the city for modeling contracts and when she was in Seventeen magazine she was unrecognizable and BREATHTAKING. It was hard to believe it was the same person. So, who knows what kind of magic hair, makeup, lighting and angles can do for Magda.

• Love 2
On 8/29/2022 at 7:44 AM, Me from ME said:

Totally agree. However, I went to high school in a small rural town about an hour from NYC. One of my classmates wasn't especially beautiful but was tall and gangly and wore weird non descript clothing. Well, her mother had been taking her into the city for modeling contracts and when she was in Seventeen magazine she was unrecognizable and BREATHTAKING. It was hard to believe it was the same person. So, who knows what kind of magic hair, makeup, lighting and angles can do for Magda.

Yes, there are different type of models.  The models used for fashion magazines and runways typically have to been tall and very slender.  Their facial features are of less importance than how they walk and how the fashions look on them.  (Thank goodness for my voracious viewing of Project Runway and ANTM! 😉)

Brittini “never had a prom date or romantic connexion with guys in high school.”  What the heck – were they all blind?  Or didn’t like girls?  That pic they flashed of her in high school – I would have given… much… to have a chance at a date with someone like that.

Kinda like Malia said that she was invisible to guys until she was in college? Hm. Don't know if I buy that.

Unpopular opinion coming…as much as I absolutely cannot stand Ryan and am waiting gleefully to watch him get fired. It actually was a little bit of a dick move to involve every single other crew member in this prom thing but him.