Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Seeing Double

• Start Topic

On 4/21/2022 at 10:17 PM, chocolatine said:

I'm going to watch this as a comedy/satire, because Cassie is the worst spy ever and there's no way the real-world CIA would want to use someone like her as an asset.

I think that's the point. It's kind of a parody.

• Love 3
On 4/25/2022 at 1:25 PM, hatchetgirl said:

Cassie doesn't live in a condo.  She lives in a bungalow court (small bungalow houses).  I think she  may be in St. Andrew Bungalow Court:

St.-Andrews-Bungalow-Court.jpg

There is some guy in Los Angeles that plays spiderman on the roofs of some of these court, driving the tenants mad - I think he even dresses in spiderman costume, then jumps from roof to roof.  :)

Yeah - what spy goes on surveillance in a bright red coat?  And I don't know about you, but I wouldn't have paired that coat with those maroon boots.  hahahaha!

I'm worried about all the people in her life too!   Honestly, I think the boss lady at the CIA is the Cassie doppelganger just because!  

A previous poster mentioned the CIA shouldn't have been listening in with windows open, but (now i'm getting Cassie paranoid), what if it's all a setup?  They wanted her to see them, they wanted to see the doppelganger with the tattoo - what if they are setting Cassie up for a simple death, so they can protect some higher risk asset?  ARGHGHGHGH! 

I'm happy to have the crazy back and I feel like I had to catch my breath when it was over.

On 5/2/2022 at 7:00 PM, CarpeFelis said:

It really bugs me when shows put characters in designer clothes there’s no way they’d ever be able to afford! (The clothing version of the apartment in Friends.)

On 4/25/2022 at 9:44 AM, chaifan said:

All this talk about Cassie's wardrobe has me wondering... what's the pay grade for a CIA asset?  How much do they make?  Are they paid hourly?  By the assignment?  Are they actually on gov't payroll, or seen as contractors?  Can she claim workers' comp for the tinnitis?  Yeah, this is the stuff rattling around inside my HR-geek brain...

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Los-Angeles/1107-S-St-Andrews-Pl-90019/home/6910839

I don't know if Cassie owns or rents her place but a similar bungalow is listed at 1.75 million dollars. Way above the pay grade of a flight attendant. 

There have been some things on social media talking about flight attendant salaries. When they are not flying, some make as little as $2 per hour due to some weird airline rules.

However, I just get that this is supposed to be glamorous fantasy/comedy, like Sex In The City.

They have a pretty leading lady and want to show her living a fabulous lifestyle. 

• Love 2

I love that bungalow; the setting is so pretty. If I had to live in a city/town, that’s how I’d like to live. 

As for Cassie’s coat and the cost? Meh. I can handwave that it’s a designer knockoff, that it’s a copy of the $6000 coat. I can’t imagine caring enough to look up what kind of coat it was and finding out the price. I’d say the only relevance to the story is that it’s bright red, which seems stupid for someone trying to be incognito.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I can't put my finger on it, but this season-opener grabbed me a lot less than the first season-opener.

Also, did S1 go in for so much split-screen? I don't remember that. I don't hate it as a device, but it seemed like it was taking the place of some good old-fashioned storytelling.

• Love 1

Just got access to HBO Max again. 
I'm glad it's normal to be thinking WTH? about the red coat as spy-worthy attire. 
For that matter, she should have put her hair up and hid it under a hat or turban since she is an attractive blonde and had just made contact with the guy --even more so after she learned of his "type."

• Love 1

The biggest mystery about the red coat was where did it go when Cassie left the hotel in Berlin? It definitely was not in the small drawstring bag she was carrying and she did not have it in her arms.

Edited by Hanahope