Type keyword(s) to search

S42.E08: You Better Be Wearing a Seatbelt

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I'm equally thrilled and repulsed by MaryAnn's emotional basket case strategy.  She seems to have difficulty being on the outs, while simultaneously using phony emotional distress to further her game.  I don't see this ending well for her.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

I don't know why everyone said Romeo was causing chaos. He was scrambling, but it was Tori who started that by telling him that his name was being floated when there was no reason for her to do that. Of course he would go to Rocksroy to confirm, since Romeo knows that Rocksroy has no use for Tori and would be unlikely to tell her anything, but then Rocksroy got flustered or is bad at strategic lies and said he heard Romeo's name too. No wonder Romeo was paranoid.

Tori didn't just tell Romeo that his name was being floated. She specifically said that she heard it from Rocksroy. And Rocksroy didn't just tell Romeo that he heard his name, too. He specifically confirmed that he did indeed mention Romeo's name to Tori. So who knows what Tori's thinking was, but it could have been something we've seen people on the bottom do before when they have a little safety: stir things up and see what happens. And why shouldn't she? She's in dire straits - she can't just sit around. Gotta do something! Maybe she built some trust with Romeo by telling him the truth; maybe she made Rocksroy less trustworthy to the big group now that they know he told her something he probably shouldn't have. Baby steps!

And as far as this goes:

18 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

Tori is like a bad luck charm. She makes an alliance with Zach and Zach gets voted out. She makes an alliance with Swati and Swati gets voted out. She gives Romeo information and Romeo very nearly gets voted out. Everyone out there should just start running when they see Tori coming toward them.

Tori's extremely not likely to win or even get near the finale, but if she can get to the end and say "every time I was targeted someone else went home instead", depending on how she sells it, that's a decent argument in the absence of a mega-alliance or mega-muscles to hide behind.

Lots of paranoia and stellar performances from Jonathan and Tori, but it's partially shadowed by Probst playing to the camera yet again. Jeff? We don't care about you, man. Just do the play-by-play, stir the shit at Tribal, and STFU. He also hyped "The Monster" for next season.

Sadly, the show does in fact believe Jeff himself is the big draw. And that was probably true, around 20 years ago. Now he's just annoying as hell. I honestly don't understand who the running commentary during challenges is for. Is it for us? We can see what's happening ourselves. Is it for the players? Is he trying to get into their heads by calling out how well or how poorly they are doing? I'd be annoyed as hell by the distraction. It's hard for me to believe that at some point in the past 22 years, not one single player has ever just yelled "Shut up Jeff!"

And it's just so pointless and stupid. "Gotta get THROUGH those obstacles!" "Gotta get UP that ladder!" "Gotta get those balls in the basket!" I mean . . . no duh.

I'm thinking there HAD to have been talk on voting for Jonathan.

Whether by luck or by smarts, Jonathan quickly managed to get himself into a very tight and strong alliance that wants to work with him. Aside from being a provider and a shield, he also seems very likable. The only reason he was in danger last week was because there were literally - what - four people they could even vote for? Unless they do something like that again he's in a strong position to make it to the final six, at least.

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Sadly, the show does in fact believe Jeff himself is the big draw. And that was probably true, around 20 years ago. Now he's just annoying as hell. I honestly don't understand who the running commentary during challenges is for. Is it for us? We can see what's happening ourselves. Is it for the players? Is he trying to get into their heads by calling out how well or how poorly they are doing? I'd be annoyed as hell by the distraction.

I think being a distraction is the point of Jeff's commentary.  It is harder to concentrate with all that noise going on, so it makes the challenges even harder.  Also, calling people out for doing a bad job stirs people up a bit, as well as giving Jeff a lot of attention, which he likes.

It's hard for me to believe that at some point in the past 22 years, not one single player has ever just yelled "Shut up Jeff!"

Didn't Jonathan Penner say something in Cook Islands?  Not "shut up" but "Oh please, Jeff!"  Jeff loved that, because it gave him even more attention.

Edited by treeofdreams
  • Love 11

Romeo almost paranoided himself right onto the jury.  His name was only thrown out there as the safety vote in case Chanelle had some sort of advantage.  He was really only supposed to get one or two votes, one from Chanelle, who was told he was the target to misdirect her attention, and one from Rocksroy or Tori.  All the rest were firmly on Chanelle.  Until Romeo started zooming around with his crazy eyes and flop sweat.  That got the firm plan all stirred up, and he almost really did flip the vote.....onto himself

Omar needs to cool his jets too.  He did well last week, but being the scheming puppet master isn't a good look for him.  He's letting it all go to his head now and starting to believe in his own press.  Pride goeth before a fall, young man!  But you did well in the reward comp, and sacrificing your chance at immunity so everyone could eat, and manipulating safety for those who sacrificed immunity was well done, though most everyone was nearly there anyways.

I think Maryanne is quietly scheming over there.  I think she genuinely feels a little lost and sad, but I also think she's in a fairly good position right now.  I know she feels like she's in the bottom of her alliance, but I also think she's using that to her advantage.  She might even work her way into becoming that valuable and sought after swing vote, and going far from that position.

We were all expecting a post-merge Jonathon immunity run.  Who had Tori going on a Wigglesworth streak on their Survivor BINGO card?  That's twice now that she was the target, and twice that she pulled out individual immunity, thus making everyone scramble.  She might have bought Jonathon one more week of safety because the first time Tori doesn't win individual immunity, she'll be the target now, not him!

• Love 5
18 hours ago, mojoween said:

I wouldn’t have liked PB&J either.  PB yes.  Add the J and no ew gross.

I wanted to know what kind of jelly. Grape, I'm all in. Strawberry, and I'd be more than willing to sit it out, too.

18 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I kind of wish MaryAnne, Chanelle, Romeo, and Tori (plus MaryAnne's extra vote) decided to try and blindside someone from the big alliance.  Since they split their votes between Romeo and Chanelle, it would have worked. 

Doesn't MaryAnne have an extra vote, too because of her amulet? 

1 minute ago, Brendan Birch said:

I feel like we're kindred spirits.  I'm so used to grape jelly, I'd only eat that with my peanut butter.  Count me out for strawberry jelly.

Strawberry is okay for toast or biscuits. PB&J MUST be grape.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I was glad to see they were generous sandwiches on nice thick bread with huge dollops of peanut butter and jelly.  The sandwich even looked huge in Jonathon's hands and big maw, so it must have been legit big.  Of course, each lunchbag was labelled, so I wonder if he was given a supersize portion.  😆

I really hope the bags of chips were decent size, and not those tiny lunchbox sized bags that have, like, three chips in them.  Fine for a first grader, but probably not for a hungry horde like they are.

This would be a great point in the game for one of those "expose the hidden alliance/hierarchy" challenges or rewards.  You know, like they used to have.  The three ropes holding up your individual flag, and the tribemates answer trivia questions and right answers let you cut someone's rope, and when your flag falls, you're out.  If three people got the first question right, Tori would be out first thing!  I love how that exposes how unexpectedly safe some people are from employing strong under the radar but good social gameplay.  Or the staggered reward dinner, where the winner gets filet mignon and lobster, and gets to choose someone to share that with.  Then someone who gets a steak and baked potato, then someone who gets grilled salmon, then someone who gets fried chicken and biscuits, then someone who gets a cheeseburger and fries, then someone who gets a club sandwich with chips, then down to a PB&J with chips, all the way down to the second to last person gets a cup of rice, and the last person gets a grub or nothing.  Those were always fun to expose the pecking order of the tribe.  Or sometimes just how much of an unstrategic asshole the winner really is.

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

I was glad to see they were generous sandwiches on nice thick bread with huge dollops of peanut butter and jelly.  The sandwich even looked huge in Jonathon's hands and big maw, so it must have been legit big.  Of course, each lunchbag was labelled, so I wonder if he was given a supersize portion.  😆

This mention of Jonathan and the reward food reminded me that when they read the clue about getting a "taste of home", Jonathan said "18 eggs and 9 pieces of cheese?!" (or whatever he said his daily intake was). His tone of mock surprise/delight was pretty funny.

6 hours ago, DallasGypsy said:

Would love to see Drea ousted next week with all of her advantages still in her shorts.

This. She's insufferable to me.

6 hours ago, fishcakes said:

I don't know why everyone said Romeo was causing chaos. He was scrambling, but it was Tori who started that by telling him that his name was being floated when there was no reason for her to do that. Of course he would go to Rocksroy to confirm, since Romeo knows that Rocksroy has no use for Tori and would be unlikely to tell her anything, but then Rocksroy got flustered or is bad at strategic lies and said he heard Romeo's name too. No wonder Romeo was paranoid.

The thing is, Rocksroy actually confirmed to Romeo that he did indeed tell Tori that Romeo's name was out there. I found it confusing that Hai and co. didn't seem to have any problem with Rocksroy having done that. They only got indignantly butthurt over Tori and, more so, Romeo. Very strange to me since Rocksroy is supposedly in the alliance of 500. Also, why in the world did Rocksroy tell Tori that lol?

2 hours ago, eel21788 said:

Doesn't MaryAnne have an extra vote, too because of her amulet? 

Maryanne doesn't have the amulet. Drea, Lindsay, and Hai do. I know Maryanne has an idol but I don't remember her having an extra vote. But there's like 700 advantages out there so she probably does. There's a thread here where @SVNBob keeps track of all that so you can check that if you want to know for sure.

• Love 4

I don't know that he thought of this when he auditioned for Survivor, but I'm wondering if Jonathan doesn't get a new career out of this in show business, as a stunt man, or modeling.  Dude is one gorgeous specimen.  He makes even this way-post-menopausal heart flutter, especially during challenges. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Sadly, the show does in fact believe Jeff himself is the big draw. And that was probably true, around 20 years ago. Now he's just annoying as hell. I honestly don't understand who the running commentary during challenges is for. Is it for us? We can see what's happening ourselves. Is it for the players? Is he trying to get into their heads by calling out how well or how poorly they are doing? I'd be annoyed as hell by the distraction. It's hard for me to believe that at some point in the past 22 years, not one single player has ever just yelled "Shut up Jeff!"

I think he does it partly to distract them, and partly because from a production point of view they can't just have 10 minutes of them swimming/digging/puzzling without any commentary at all.

5 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

Didn't Jonathan Penner say something in Cook Islands?  Not "shut up" but "Oh please, Jeff!"  Jeff loved that, because it gave him even more attention.

He did!  In response, Jeff narrated, "Jonathan Penner is getting frustrated with me."  😂😂😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

I don't know that he thought of this when he auditioned for Survivor, but I'm wondering if Jonathan doesn't get a new career out of this in show business, as a stunt man, or modeling.  Dude is one gorgeous specimen.  He makes even this way-post-menopausal heart flutter, especially during challenges. 

Or get to go on The Challenge….the real one, not the CBS only version.   Or do fitness modelling….he’d be great on the cover of Men’s Health and he could talk about functional strength.  

Rocksroy seems to think he is golden. He couldn’t lie to Romeo and caused the problem there.  Then, he doesn’t seem to consider that he almost cost his team the challenge….and speaking of the reward challenge…Tori was in the water with Jonathan.  Then when he came out, Channelle went in and Mike and Rocksroy just stood there.  

At the end of the day, though, you are at the mercy of the editors.   They sign contracts that clearly state the6 can edit you any way they want.    

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Maybe I should check the thread about the advantages lol. But nah, I really don't give enough of a shit. There's too damn many to keep track of anyway.

I just figure they'll come into play when they come into play, and the show will remind us about them as necessary. Until then they occupy no space in my head and I can focus on watching this fun group of players collectively descend into madness.

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I found it confusing that Hai and co. didn't seem to have any problem with Rocksroy having done that. They only got indignantly butthurt over Tori and, more so, Romeo.

No, they did have a problem with Rocksroy. It was Tori that no one mentioned. After Romeo talked to Rocksroy, he went to Omar and then Omar went to Hai. Omar and Hai were upset with Rocksroy but moreso about Romeo freaking out. Then Hai went to Jonathan and got the vote switched to Romeo. When Mike was working on getting it switched back to Chanelle, he told Hai that he didn't want Rocks not to trust them and Hai kind of snippily said "obviously he doesn't trust us now." No idea if other people were mad that Tori had started the whole thing, but the only thing we saw on the show was Omar and Hai blaming Rocksroy.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

I just figure they'll come into play when they come into play, and the show will remind us about them as necessary. Until then they occupy no space in my head and I can focus on watching this fun group of players collectively descend into madness.

I forget about the amulets until they talk about them and then when they aren’t talking about them anymore I just forget again lol.

1 minute ago, eskimo said:

I really liked Hai at first, but he's getting on my nerves now.  Very full of himself. 

I’m very over him.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, DallasGypsy said:

Would love to see Drea ousted next week with all of her advantages still in her shorts.

Hopefully, that would remove half of the advantages from the game simultaneously; however, I can see production being stupid enough to re-hide them all at once.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Brendan Birch said:

Tori: No idols or advantages.

Au contraire: Tori has the Individual Immunity Siphon, whereby she can remove the challenge prowess of the player of her choice (Jonathan, clearly) and apply it to herself; and the People Tell Me Stuff Medallion, which causes the player of her choice (most recently Rocksroy) to give up info to her at random; AND the Eagle Eye B.S. Detector, which she of course used on Drea. These advantages are all good up to the moment she is voted out.

12 hours ago, iMonrey said:

And it's just so pointless and stupid. "Gotta get THROUGH those obstacles!" "Gotta get UP that ladder!" "Gotta get those balls in the basket!" I mean . . . no duh.

I hadn't realized before how much Jeff is Preposition Man. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Tori is like a bad luck charm. She makes an alliance with Zach and Zach gets voted out. She makes an alliance with Swati and Swati gets voted out. She gives Romeo information and Romeo very nearly gets voted out. Everyone out there should just start running when they see Tori coming toward them.

Does this mean Tori is the Survivor version of Mush from A Bronx Tale?

13 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

With Penner being one of my favorite players I remembered that very well. It was also right around the time where Jeff started doing very heavy color commentary in challenges.  I guess he thinks he's Bob Costas or something.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Aw Maryanne, you don't suck.   You're just @$%&ing annoying.  That SCREE! sound you made when jumping into the water?  That's the same noise ravenous seagulls make when I throw them bread.  Btw, self-pity is never a good look.

Mike thinks his poop doesn't smell and that he's running the show.  He can get off my screen now.

Romeo's like a little worm.

Loved that long shot of Lindsay prowling the shallows. 

TORI!!! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Rocksroy seems to think he is golden. He couldn’t lie to Romeo and caused the problem there.  Then, he doesn’t seem to consider that he almost cost his team the challenge….and speaking of the reward challenge…Tori was in the water with Jonathan.  Then when he came out, Channelle went in and Mike and Rocksroy just stood there.

Clearly, they knew that Jonathan would go 5 for 5, because... it's Jonathan. 

8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Maybe I should check the thread about the advantages lol. But nah, I really don't give enough of a shit. There's too damn many to keep track of anyway.

That's part of why I now make those threads each season: to track these things so you don't have to. 

Here's the chart of all the advantages currently in play and who has them, as of the end of this episode:

• 3-Way Idols
  • Advantage Amulets
  • Extra Vote
  • Knowledge is Power
  • "I Got Nothin' For Ya"
    • Everyone else

And not only does Drea have one of every advantage in play, she knows who has everything else except for Maryanne's Extra Vote (unless someone from Orange told her.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, SVNBob said:

That's part of why I now make those threads each season: to track these things so you don't have to. 

Here's the chart of all the advantages currently in play and who has them, as of the end of this episode:

• 3-Way Idols
  • Advantage Amulets
  • Extra Vote
  • Knowledge is Power
  • "I Got Nothin' For Ya"
    • Everyone else

And not only does Drea have one of every advantage in play, she knows who has everything else except for Maryanne's Extra Vote (unless someone from Orange told her.)

Nice touch with the emojis reflecting their phrases!

Drea and Maeryanne both got their extra votes out of the same journey. So while she may not know for sure that Maryanne has an extra vote, I would have to think that she suspects it. IIRC, Jenny was pretty clear that she was protecting her vote, making risking a free-roll for the other two. 

Regarding the amulets that Drea, Hai, and Lindsey possess, it's been so long I forget their power.  I remember they get progressively more powerful the fewer there are, but does that only count if the owner of one has been voted out?  What if Drea decides to use hers as a regular ol' idol at TC?  Do the remaining two amulets get powered up because one is then gone?  Or do they all (however many are left) have to be used at the same time?

• Useful 1
19 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Regarding the amulets that Drea, Hai, and Lindsey possess, it's been so long I forget their power.  I remember they get progressively more powerful the fewer there are, but does that only count if the owner of one has been voted out?  What if Drea decides to use hers as a regular ol' idol at TC?  Do the remaining two amulets get powered up because one is then gone?  Or do they all (however many are left) have to be used at the same time?

I don’t think she can “decide” to use the amulet as an idol if Hai and Lyndsey are in the game.  If the 3 are still around, it is an extra vote.  

eta. Good question about powering up if the owner of another amulet used it but is still in the game.  My guess is yes.  

Edited by DEL901
12 hours ago, Brendan Birch said:

How about I help instead?

Drea: Amulet, extra vote, hidden Immunity Idol, and Knowledge is Power advantage.
Hai: Amulet.
Jonathan: No idols or advantages.
Lindsay: Amulet.
Maryanne: Extra vote and hidden Immunity Idol.
Mike: Hidden Immunity Idol.
Omar: No idols or advantages.
Rocksroy: No idols or advantages.
Romeo: No idols or advantages.
Tori: No idols or advantages.

Hope that helps, @peachmangosteen.

6 hours ago, SVNBob said:

Ah, but as I said, as soon as I read that, I'll just forget it anyway so it's useless for me to keep track of the 500 advantages. Like @tracyscott76 said, they just don't occupy any space in my mind until they show up on the show. And honestly I like it that way. Since there are SO many and so many separate (and confusing) rules for them, it's way easier to just forget they exist lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

But can one person use his or hers without the others agreeing to use theirs too?

They all have to be used at the same time, but if an amulet holder leaves the game before the amulets are used, then the remaining ones gain in power. From the Survivor wiki:

In Survivor 42, the Advantage Amulet was introduced at the opening challenge. One member of each tribe would receive one amulet apiece; all amulets remaining in the game must be played together, and the function of the advantage depended on the number of amulets left at the time of play:

If all three amulets were used, the holders could collectively cast another vote.
If two amulets were left, using them together could give the holders a Vote Steal.
If only one active amulet remained, it could be played as a regular Hidden Immunity Idol.

The amulets remained in play until there were 6 players left.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Tori being the immunity-winning thorn in the side of everyone is making me happy.

While I'm annoyed with all of the advantages, etc., the fact that almost none of them have been that impactful has made for good TV. 

Drea becoming even more "Survivor Rich" is just a comeuppance waiting to happen. Somewhere, James is watching.

• Love 6

I kind of wish MaryAnne, Chanelle, Romeo, and Tori (plus MaryAnne's extra vote) decided to try and blindside someone from the big alliance.  Since they split their votes between Romeo and Chanelle, it would have worked. 

The problem is that Jonathan has Maryanne convinced she's part of his alliance so she's unlikely to turn against any of them, given her obvious neediness. That's probably what will eventually become her downfall. Time will tell.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

The problem is that Jonathan has Maryanne convinced she's part of his alliance so she's unlikely to turn against any of them, given her obvious neediness. That's probably what will eventually become her downfall. Time will tell.

Does she though?  She knew last week she was on the bottom, and this week she looked surprised at Chanelle going (if that was genuine, then she was left out of that plan).  So this week she should have a clue if she doesn’t already.  I also wonder what this will mean for Omar.  Sooner or late his ruse is going to be found out.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Does she though?  She knew last week she was on the bottom, and this week she looked surprised at Chanelle going (if that was genuine, then she was left out of that plan).  So this week she should have a clue if she doesn’t already.  I also wonder what this will mean for Omar.  Sooner or late his ruse is going to be found out.

I think Maryann feels like she is at least protected by Orange even if she is not in the know for the larger alliance. You saw her talking with Lindsey and Omar. There was some strain in the Jonathon and Maryann relationship but not so much that Jonathon was willing to dump on Maryann the way everyone did on Tori and Chanelle. And Omar and the rest moved quickly to save Maryann in the first vote. We saw Omar working that vote but I would guess that Lindsey and Jonathon were doing stuff in the background as well. OK, maybe Lindsey more then Jonathon because Jonathon had to stay on the downlow since he was on the block. 

But Maryann probably knows she is at the bottom of the Orange alliance, the lack of information is obvious and we don't see many scenes were she is hanging out with Omar or Lindsey or Jonathon. It is an interesting dynamic, that's for sure. 

I wonder how much of it is a desire to not draw attention to the fact that the four of them are tight and Maryann feels less secure about that because she knows that she is not at the top of the alliance. 

• Love 4
On 4/22/2022 at 2:06 AM, millennium said:

Aw Maryanne, you don't suck.   You're just @$%&ing annoying.  That SCREE! sound you made when jumping into the water?  That's the same noise ravenous seagulls make when I throw them bread.  Btw, self-pity is never a good look.

Loved that long shot of Lindsay prowling the shallows. 

TORI!!! 

LOL, I was actually waiting for Jeff to compare her to a seagull, that's exactly what she sounded like.

Jonathan was amazing in the water, of course, but I think it was Tori who did a seriously impressive dive and swim (in the background, natch, because if it's not a guy dominating, Jeff/show doesn't usually show it). And her back-to-back immunity wins show that she's a formidable immunity threat, she might be the one to pull a Wiglesworth here. 

Chanelle deserved to go, she just didn't play a good game, she made some blunders and didn't recover well. But at least she lasted until the jury.

Drea becoming even more "Survivor Rich" is just a comeuppance waiting to happen. Somewhere, James is watching.

Yeah, and she definitely messed up in her interaction with Tori. A. she should have gone straight to the ocean and washed off, but if that wasn't possible, the next best thing to do was to pretend she had cut herself on a branch or something and make sure it didn't come off as serious enough to make anyone look too close. 

Granted, she didn't know the red paint was coming and didn't have much time to think of how to handle, but rejoining the others without dipping into the ocean seemed like the worst choice. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, himela said:

I don't get why people like this season. It seems like it's already a boring pagonging isn't it? 🤭

I like most of the players, the game play has been good, and there isn’t anyone I think is an asshole. 

The game play has made sense and I think players are making decent choices. The few players playing emotionally are not awful. Mike was all over that Chanelle vote but she was on the early boot list so I am less bothered by it.

Tori is the “villain” of the season and she just isn’t that bad. Her facial expressions are great and she has won immunity twice.

The alpha types are not dicks, that we have seen.

So yeah, I like the cast and the game play so far. I suspect some folks are going to screw up badly and that should be entertaining. 

And Jonathon is hot and not a douche.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, himela said:

I don't get why people like this season. It seems like it's already a boring pagonging isn't it? 🤭

The 3 tribes merged at 4 each; there's only been 2 votes since, and both boots were from Green. 

I wouldn't necessarily call it a Pagonging yet.  One more Green boot and I'd agree.

But the majority alliance is composed of all 3 colors, and their primary target is Blue.  She just keeps winning ICs to get the target moved.

If anything, it's an anti-Pagong for Orange.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

rejoining the others without dipping into the ocean seemed like the worst choice. 

The advantage submerged in red paint was diabolical.  Nicely done, show!  I like when there is some risk and consequence to these multitudinous advantages. 

One thing I've noticed, and it just could be editing, is that this group doesn't seem to be doing a lot of bobbing around in the waves, relaxing and enjoying the location.  It might have looked odder if she'd randomly done that.

Though......I've also heard that rather than digging a privy, most of the survivors of recent seasons do their business out in the water.  She could have shrugged off her plunge and subsequent damp appearance as a sudden need to go.

• Love 1