Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E16: Lesson Learned

• Start Topic

Gary, Maggie, Eddie and Anna go on a double date where Anna has an awkward encounter with Peter. Eddie struggles to reconnect with fans at a music convention

Original airdate 4/20/22

• Useful 1

OK, I did kind of like tonight's episode. However, apparently we will be getting a murder trial going. I thought they were going to go ahead and make Anna just a full-blown alcoholic. Did she get drunk and murder Peter? Is Eddie going to lie to the detective that Anna was at his music convention?

Or are they going to do the fake out where Anna is obviously guilty, but it actually was the woman Peter was with?

I enjoyed Sophie and Danny's scavenger hunt. I miss them interacting. Too bad Danny has decided to go back to France. That was my favorite thing in this episode.

I don't have much to say about Eddie's plot. I felt bad for him at the beginning. No one really caring to get his autograph, except for the one woman who prays for him. I'm a Christian who absolutely believes in the power of prayer, and even I cringed at that. But glad he got his groove back, so to speak.

Apparently you don't have to have a teaching degree to teach at a private school? But, I can actually see Rome being a pretty good teacher. I don't know why, but I can support this.

Now, on to the meh:

Of course Tyrell got into Yale. Because Yale is so easy to get into. As soon as he didn't get into Southern Cal I knew he had gotten into Yale. Because of course he did.

So, apparently Gina really will make the food truck a food truck. And why would anyone pay those prices????  

And the bad:

Boy, I really don't care about Gary and Maggie getting pregnant. At least the preview made it seem like this attempt wasn't successful. 

• Love 9

I just really can't care what school Tyrell gets into. I googled "how competitive is USC" and the first thing said "USC is a very selective university with an acceptance rate of just under 12%—this means fewer than 1 in 8 students gets accepted." That's his safety school?

I saw Colin Hay a few years ago (well, like seven, now, I guess, yeesh time flies); he opened for Barenaked Ladies (along with Violent Femmes; he played first and it started raining right about when he came out on stage and stopped just in time for BNL to start. We got soaked but it was worth it). Went into a bit of a CH rabbit hole on youtube afterward and found some good stuff.

So I guess Delilah's just leaving the cleaning out of the house and preparing it for sale to her teenage kids (mostly Sophie, since Danny's going back to France), too? Does she have no interest in any of the sentimental stuff that might be there? Or did she take what she wanted already? Hope Sophie at least gets some of the money out of it when it sells.

Peter's dead. Can't say I was expecting that. 

• First thought: Maybe don't make jokes about where you were to the police, Gary.
  • Second thought: So was it Anna or Peter's new girlfriend?
  • Later thought: What's in the trash bag, Anna?

No, Katherine, do not move your new girlfriend of five minutes into your house with your kid (who of course is thrilled and wants to play board games 🙄).

Don't you need some kind of permit to park a truck and start selling food out of it?

What does it say about Delilah that Sophie didn't worry about her mom and sister only because her 15yo brother was with them?

Rome's little speech to his former teacher must have been very powerful if it made him decide to retire. Can private schools just hire anyone to teach? No teaching credentials required? (And did the VP-turned-Dean say he wanted Rome to take over his class? The dean can't teach a class but the vice principal can?)

"Why were you at the doctor?" Why can't any of these people mind their own business? (I know, I know, Gary had a scare, but seriously.)

From the preview it sounds like Anna lied and said she was with Eddie at the signing event...hmm... (not ruling out some kind of misdirection, here).

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 10

So Anna totally killed Peter, right? I am guessing she will go to jail because only main characters get to commit crimes without consequences. Or maybe she will get away with it but still be written off the show, or it will be some fake out and she'll still get written off the show.

They dropped another anvil about Greta's bipolar, and now she is moving in with Katherine? This makes no sense. She just agreed to sell the condo. I've never heard of someone putting their house on the market and having to immediately leave. Even if they get an offer immediately, it takes time for all the logistics to go through. She'd have plenty of time to find a place. But even if she did need a place, inviting your new girlfriend to live with you and your young son is not a good idea.

I also noticed Katherine describing Greta's wife as her "ex wife" to Eddie, but they also made it clear they are not divorced yet.

I think you probably need a permit to see food out of a truck, but I guess they were going to lose all that food/money, so I will give them a pass.

Rome, if someone didn't tell you they were at the doctor, it is likely because they don't want to talk about their personal issues. But also, why did Gary and Maggie need to see a fertility doctor? They know Maggie is fertile and they just decided to try and get pregnant. Don't most people just try having sex for a couple months before wasting money on a doctor?

I wish Danny agreed to stay, even if it makes no sense. What happened to Sophie's tour that she gave up college for?

Also, if the market is as hot as Greta's wife stated, why hasn't Delilah's gorgeous house sold yet?

8 minutes ago, historylover820 said:

Apparently you don't have to have a teaching degree to teach at a private school? But, I can actually see Rome being a pretty good teacher. I don't know why, but I can support this.

It is teaching an elective, and is basically a substitute, so they can probably get away with it.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 4

Anna totally killed Peter. I don’t condone murder, but he’s a pedophile…so karma, I guess?

Are we to believe there was a 10 year old can of green beans in Delilah’s pantry? Really show? (I think they mentioned 8 yr old Sophie and 5 year old Danny). Other than the timing, the scavenger hunt and letter were sweet. Delilah has to be the worst parent on earth, thank God Danny and Sophie are as mature as they are!

Agree with above posters. If my friend wants me to know about a Dr appointment, they will tell me. I’m not asking, even if I overhear it being mentioned.  Ugh these people have zero boundaries! 

• Love 4

I'm pretty sure Gina will need a permit to set up a food truck. But, yeah, this was a spur of the moment decision. I'll give it a pass right now.

I know at least in Kansas, even emergency substitute teachers for public schools need a license, which is super easy to get. I once had one (didn't do anything with it). But we had one. I just can't see a private school, even for an elective and basically a substitute, not having at least an emergency substitute license. But, again, I can support Rome as a teacher, although I can't exactly put my finger on why I think this is a decent idea.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, historylover820 said:

I know at least in Kansas, even emergency substitute teachers for public schools need a license, which is super easy to get. I once had one (didn't do anything with it). But we had one. I just can't see a private school, even for an elective and basically a substitute, not having at least an emergency substitute license. But, again, I can support Rome as a teacher, although I can't exactly put my finger on why I think this is a decent idea.

In Massachusetts you don't need a license to be a substitute. I just Googled it and you need a high school diploma, a college degree OR work experience in the area you are teaching, and be able to pass a criminal background check.

But even if he's not considered a sub, there are alternate license the school could help him get if needed. I agree Rome seems like he'd be a good teacher.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I think the only thing in Anna’s trash bag was a lot of liquor bottles. They have been dropping a lot of anvils, and there was a very distinct clinking noise. If Peter was pushed, what could she have in a trash bag anyway? But maybe she dropped the phone and Peter broke it on his way down.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, yourdreamer said:

I think the only thing in Anna’s trash bag was a lot of liquor bottles. They have been dropping a lot of anvils, and there was a very distinct clinking noise. If Peter was pushed, what could she have in a trash bag anyway? But maybe she dropped the phone and Peter broke it on his way down.

I was thinking that's how she broke her phone. So did she push him on purpose or did she go to confront him again and it happened accidentally during an argument? Or self defense?

17 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I was thinking that's how she broke her phone. So did she push him on purpose or did she go to confront him again and it happened accidentally during an argument? Or self defense?

If she killed him it was probably an accident or self defense...she went to confront him they argued, she pushed him away and he fell in just the right way to die. Maybe he got violent with her first maybe he just was being a dick and she got angry.  I can't see them making it a premediated thing. They already went that route with Gary.

I don't know what could have been in the trash bags besides liquor bottles. Maybe the clothes she was wearing?

• Love 1

The title of the episode is just an aspiration, right? Because those people never learn anything.

I haven't watched yet so, Anna might be a murderer? Since the writers seem to be running out of bad ideas - which is a surprise, I know. They seem like a bunch of people who can only have bad ideas for the characters - I will throw one here:

Anna will be arrested then she will say that, because she has exceptional night vision, and perfect visual memory, she knows that Gary was in his car, in the dark, two nights before her dead husband was beaten to almost death, so clearly he is the murderer. Besides, he confessed, but the cops need to arrest him because she said so. Also, the night vision thing,  it is because she is really a cat.

A subplot will be the "family" coming together to find ways to forgive Gary because he might be a criminal, but he is THEIR criminal goofy friend, so they MUST forgive him. Plus, he ALMOST got cancer again, so there is that. They will all stop doing all the things to sit at the prison/jail door until he is released.

I think the writers found their calling: write plots that give us infinite opportunities to snark about. This should become a category in the Emmy Awards. The competition would be  fierce

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, circumvent said:

The title of the episode is just an aspiration, right? Because those people never learn anything.

Still not sure what lesson was learned. Don't brush your teeth too fast? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I'm kind of sad Danny's going back to France.  I mean it doesn't make much sense for him to stay without parents present but I like Danny.  I mean I certainly care more about him than Tyrell or Theo.  

Moving in after a minute and a half lesbian trope present.   

This show gets a big kick out of assaulting peter.   I could have been happily done with Peter but whatever.   

I don't have any interest in Maggie and Gary's fertility issues I'm just not sure why they told us that Maggie was fine and then literally two episodes later had her go to a fertility treatments.  Have they been trying for more than a week?   Has there been a big time jump.   I mean I could see Gary wanting his sperm tested to make sure the chemo isn't an issue but he was already trying with LIam's mom so... (why do they always get rid of the kids I like and keep Theo?) 

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, bybrandy said:

I'm kind of sad Danny's going back to France.  I mean it doesn't make much sense for him to stay without parents present but I like Danny.  I mean I certainly care more about him than Tyrell or Theo.  

Sophie said that Danny could live with her...does that mean her band's tour is over? How would it work if she's on the road all the time? She can't leave her minor brother alone for weeks at a time (even though he'd probably be fine since he's more mature and capable than his own mother, apparently).

Edited by ams1001

So Sophie, at 18? 19? is supposed to just get the house ready and sell it? The house is not in her name, it’s in her moms, so that would cause some issues. And what does someone her age know about selling a house? 

Interesting how neither Maggie nor Gary are concerned about the incredibly high chance of their child developing breast cancer, or other types of cancer.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Frisky Wig said:

So Sophie, at 18? 19? is supposed to just get the house ready and sell it? The house is not in her name, it’s in her moms, so that would cause some issues. And what does someone her age know about selling a house? 

I'm going to assume that Delilah is the one dealing with the real estate agent/lawyer to actually sell the place, but Sophie's the only one around to physically deal with making sure it's presentable for potential buyers and clean out their belongings, since apparently her mother's never coming back (even off screen; the could have a throwaway line about D coming to clear out the house even if we don't see her).

11 hours ago, ams1001 said:

No, Katherine, do not move your new girlfriend of five minutes into your house with your kid (who of course is thrilled and wants to play board games 🙄).

Don't you need some kind of permit to park a truck and start selling food out of it?

What does it say about Delilah that Sophie didn't worry about her mom and sister only because her 15yo brother was with them?

"Why were you at the doctor?" Why can't any of these people mind their own business? (I know, I know, Gary had a scare, but seriously.)

From the preview it sounds like Anna lied and said she was with Eddie at the signing event...hmm... (not ruling out some kind of misdirection, here).

So much to pick apart in this episode.

First it's crazy that Greta moves in with Katherine at this point.  She's not being put out on the street and that would be the only justification to for it to be happening so fast.  But BabyTheo is happy to have someone to play board games with so I guess that's reason enough.

Of course they would need a permit/license to sell from the food truck, but people were clamoring for the food at any price so that they had to sell it.  There would have been no reason to have the truck open; they were just packing up the food so that was another thing that made no sense.

Danny should be an emancipated minor.  He is more adult than most of the actual adults on this show.

There is no reason for Maggie to be seeing a fertility doctor so soon.  As sexually active as they are, it would seem they should give it at least six months before seeing the doctor.

I think Anna just had liquor bottles in the trash she took out, so apparently she has a drinking problem and apparently she is going to be suspected (or maybe guilty) of murder.  I want this entire storyline to have never happened, much less that it goes on and on with more convoluted twists.

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, Frisky Wig said:

That's not even the main issue with this whole story. There is likely an attorney assigned to deal with the business left behind. How they are getting paid is another issue but let's just roll with the writers and assume those people don't need to work, because they feed and live on air and "luv". The issue is that the house is not prep for viewing, since they can, at any time, move stuff around and do some band rehearsal, then move things back, magically cleaning everything as they do that. And what kind of market are they living in, when a house like that has no bids, not interest, nobody wants see it for what, months? They could at least have a scene of some people leaving the house once in a while. 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I think Anna just had liquor bottles in the trash she took out, so apparently she has a drinking problem and apparently she is going to be suspected (or maybe guilty) of murder.  I want this entire storyline to have never happened, much less that it goes on and on with more convoluted twists.

This whole thing with Gary and Peter, Anna and Eddie, is the worst.  I have hated everything about it from the beginning, and the writers just will not let it go. 

• Love 9

Eh, I don't think Anna killed Peter. We're all thinking it, which means she very likely didn't do it. I'd be surprised if she did. I do think she just got super drunk, maybe called Peter on the phone before he died, where he provoked her, and she threw her phone against the wall, drinking more until she passed out.

I think new girlfriend did it, just because she randomly had a scene for a reason. But I do think this leads to Eddie breaking up with Anna because of the drinking, making Katherine right. Poor Eddie can't catch a break, even when it's not even his fault this time. 

Delilah's been "selling the house" since she left, which was months ago. And it's still not sold? Realistically, a house like Delilah's would sell very fast, unless she put it up for sale for over two million dollars or something. But I will say, the scavenger hunt stuff was not bad. It still drew questions up (how did that scavenger hunt never get found for 10+ years?) but it was fun. Well, bye Danny! I guess the show didn't want to keep Danny around, after all! 

Gary/Maggie jumping into having a baby, which I suspect is because the show is on its last legs and will be cancelled either this season or next, and they really wanted to get to that baby plot before they end. It's still very rushed. The two got back together...a month ago? A month and a half? And the doctor told them that they didn't need to have a baby right now, which means they apparently needed to have a baby right now. Again, I realize why.

So, Katherine/Greta are kind of in rocky waters. I don't think Katherine was wrong about Greta/Julia. Either that or Greta's bipolar is gonna cause them to break up. Why? Because they've set up something happening between the two, especially if they're already moving in together. Jeez, show. I know you're worried about getting cancelled this season and wanting everyone in a happy place, but this is rushing it, isn't it? 

Yawn to Tyrell getting into Yale. How predictable. 

Also yawn to Regina's food truck business with her friend. 

• Love 4

The lady that Gina and her friend were catering for was more rude than necessary and I don't think it was cool to refuse to pay, but she wasn't really wrong to be mad about a pretty significant mistake. Everyone makes mistakes, but I think Gina could have taken that screw up a bit more seriously. Her friend is her employee (even if they're partners now) and she should at least get a "make sure it doesn't happen again", its like when Katherine almost lost her office because her assistant/pal forgot to send in their rent, mistakes do certainly happen but its still not like that's a small mistake, its worth saying something. Of course, because these people fail up like no ones business, they manage to become a famous food truck instantly, despite asking for quite a steep price for their food. 

Of course Tyrell easily gets into Yale, one of the most selective schools in the country, and had USC, another extremely selective school, as a safety school. In TV land, getting into an Ivy is the easiest thing in the world, its amazing that everyone isn't there. Rome becoming a teacher at his old school is pretty random, and like everyone I question a fancy private school letting a guy with no teaching experience teach even as basically a sub, but I think Rome will be a good teacher.

The jokes about lesbians moving really fast are so old hat, I cracked up when Greta and Katherine decided to move in already, even though this is a terrible idea. Who even moves the second you put your place on the market? And in with your brand new girlfriend and her kid? Especially with Theo now getting invested in their relationship, its always extra tricky when there is a kid involved, and Theo is already a five year old in the body of a twelve year old, he cant handle more drama. Another anvil drop about Greta's bipolar disorder, now we are all going to have to sit around waiting for the other shoe to drop with all the sensitivity and subtly that we have come to expect from this show. 

I don't think Anna killed Peter, I think she was throwing away empty bottles because she's becoming an alcoholic, because of course the first person Eddie dates after Katherine is not only the ex wife of the man who molested Sophie, but will spin into alcoholism. I am not very interested in that and I am so annoyed that this stupid Peter thing keeps coming back, even now that he's dead. Poor Eddie really cant catch a break.

I feel bad for that detective, the man is just trying to do his job but he constantly has to be forced to sit through Gary's horrible inappropriate stand up. Gary, maybe snarking about your alibi when it comes to the murder of a guy you put in a coma once isn't the smartest idea. I continue to hate this whole plot, it just adds such an uncomfortable dynamic to the entire show, knowing that this is something Gary did. When he was all "I know where you live" to creepy Peter, it just reminded me that a main character in this heartwarming feels heavy family drama helped to beat a guy into a coma after guilting a dead teenagers father into helping him. Not that Peter didn't deserve to get hit by the karma stick, he was detestable, but now its hard to see Gary and be reminded of that without thinking of what he's capable of. 

I wish Danny was staying, it sucks that he feels like he has to go back to a place that he doesn't seem to like very much to be there for his baby sister because he knows his loser mother cant handle things and wont move back to be with her teenage daughter, who she has left to take care of selling the whole house. How sad is it that Delilah is such a nonentity as a parent that Sophie trusts her fifteen year old brother to look after their mom and baby sister and not that her mom will look after her younger siblings? Even the show has finally admitted that she's useless. 

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I feel bad for that detective, the man is just trying to do his job but he constantly has to be forced to sit through Gary's horrible inappropriate stand up. Gary, maybe snarking about your alibi when it comes to the murder of a guy you put in a coma once isn't the smartest idea. I continue to hate this whole plot, it just adds such an uncomfortable dynamic to the entire show, knowing that this is something Gary did. When he was all "I know where you live" to creepy Peter, it just reminded me that a main character in this heartwarming feels heavy family drama helped to beat a guy into a coma after guilting a dead teenagers father into helping him. Not that Peter didn't deserve to get hit by the karma stick, he was detestable, but now its hard to see Gary and be reminded of that without thinking of what he's capable of. 

This.  This is a guy who wants to have a child and be a parent and teach him how to be a person.  Please.  Will Gary teach his kid to beat up other kids to solve his problems?  Yes, yes he will.

• Love 7

Little Charlie is now in kindergarten? 😳😱

Of course… murder mystery 🙄🙄🙄

I hate what they’re doing to Anna, turning her into an alcoholic and a murder suspect. Why can’t TPTB just let her be normal and happy with Eddie? TBH, I don’t think she kill Peter, it must be the new GF, she is shown for a reason.

And what’s the point of bringing in another baby into the show? Look at how the show has been treating Danny and Charlie… 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

And what’s the point of bringing in another baby into the show? Look at how the show has been treating Danny and Charlie… 🤦🏻‍♀️

Writers love pregnancy drama, just love it.  Then the actual baby proves inconvenient, so they move to France.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I don't think Anna killed Peter, I think she was throwing away empty bottles because she's becoming an alcoholic, because of course the first person Eddie dates after Katherine is not only the ex wife of the man who molested Sophie, but will spin into alcoholism. I am not very interested in that and I am so annoyed that this stupid Peter thing keeps coming back, even now that he's dead. Poor Eddie really cant catch a break

I don't think Anna killed Peter either. Maybe it will be that she got blackout drunk and can't remember but it will turnout she didn't kill him. She saw Peter and the new girlfriend when she snuck to have a shot at the bar on her way to the ladies room. She also was drunk at game night. Since they made a point of saying Peter had students I'm guessing whoever killed him will end up being connected to a newer student.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, izabella said:

Writers love pregnancy drama, just love it.  Then the actual baby proves inconvenient, so they move to France.

In fairness in this particular case I think they are hoping to get a final season so the final season will end with either Gary and Maggie's baby's birth or pregnancy announcement if they suffer from infertility.   But yeah poor Charlie.  Her mom isn't up to raising her so Danny has to go back to France as opposed to having Charlie go come home to her, you know, other parent.  I mean we don't need a 5 year old on this show but the fact that Eddie isn't involved at all is... GRRRR...   They should have made her Jon's.   

Edited by bybrandy
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Little Charlie is now in kindergarten? 😳😱

I thought he said pre-school (which I started at 3 but I don't know how they do things in France...also no idea how old she's supposed to be at this point).

15 minutes ago, bybrandy said:

but the fact that Eddie isn't involved at all is... GRRRR...

I'm always slightly surprised when he has a line to indicate he remembers she exists.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I thought he said pre-school (which I started at 3 but I don't know how they do things in France...also no idea how old she's supposed to be at this point).

I'm always slightly surprised when he has a line to indicate he remembers she exists.

They did say pre-school, but I have no idea how old she is supposed to be.

• Love 3

My only question is which new significant other flames out first: Anna from the booze or Greta from her bipolar. Maybe they'll end up fighting each other while Katherine and Eddie try to pull them apart.

I have a random theory about who killed Peter. When Anna was yelling at him and his date, Peter said that he was there to see a student of his perform. I think that student will end up being the murderer. (I said it was random. 🙂)

I really want shows to stop writing college students fixated on attending Ivy League universities. I feel like the past years have shown that the Ivies are a mess. 

Greta needs to sack up, sell the house, and take the cash. Katherine's an idiot for inviting her to move in but Katherine bringing Theo to the Con was sweet.

I'm Gen-X so yay for Colin Hay.

Edited by marceline
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, bybrandy said:

I mean we don't need a 5 year old on this show but the fact that Eddie isn't involved at all is... GRRRR...   They should have made her Jon's.   

We already have a 5yo glitter boy on this show! 😂

13 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

My bad, Eddie said pre-school, so Charlie must be 3-4yo now. 

• Love 1

I don't think anyone killed Peter.  Didn't the detective say he fell down the stairs and it "looked like an accident."  But they are going to make it seem like Anna needs an alibi, drags Eddie into it, etc. etc.     And by the way, in all my hundreds of hours watching Law & Order I've never seen a detective come back to a suspect's house to tell them their alibi checked out but of course that was just so Maggie and Gary's baby plans could be outed to Rome and Gina.    I guess it's no weirder than leaving an 19 year old in charge of packing up an entire house or storing canned veggies for 14 years. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Not anymore - he quit glitter because of the microplastics, remember?

35 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

And by the way, in all my hundreds of hours watching Law & Order I've never seen a detective come back to a suspect's house to tell them their alibi checked out but of course that was just so Maggie and Gary's baby plans could be outed to Rome and Gina.  

Yeah, why would he bother to go there just for that? I'm sure he has better things to do; at most he'd just make a quick phone call. Though if I were that cop I'd just drop it on my end and leave Gary to wonder, because Gary's a jackass.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I wish Danny was staying, it sucks that he feels like he has to go back to a place that he doesn't seem to like very much to be there for his baby sister because he knows his loser mother cant handle things and wont move back to be with her teenage daughter, who she has left to take care of selling the whole house. How sad is it that Delilah is such a nonentity as a parent that Sophie trusts her fifteen year old brother to look after their mom and baby sister and not that her mom will look after her younger siblings? Even the show has finally admitted that she's useless. 

They could have Charlie come back and live with Eddie. Eddie could move into the house and then Danny could stay their too. Eddie must need a new place. He's been living with Gary, but if Gary and Maggie are moving in together, Eddie must be out of a place to stay, right? 

1 hour ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

My bad, Eddie said pre-school, so Charlie must be 3-4yo now. 

I don't think Charlie could really be that old, time moves slowly on this show. Maybe Paris is on another timeline though?

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

They could have Charlie come back and live with Eddie. Eddie could move into the house and then Danny could stay their too. Eddie must need a new place. He's been living with Gary, but if Gary and Maggie are moving in together, Eddie must be out of a place to stay, right? 

Gary moved into Maggie's place; maybe Eddie's staying in the apartment (which presumably has at least two bedrooms). 

28 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I don't think Charlie could really be that old, time moves slowly on this show. Maybe Paris is on another timeline though?

They had a video call earlier in the season with Danny holding her; I didn't think she looked more than two.

1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

Not anymore - he quit glitter because of the microplastics, remember?

I remember… it’s just glitter boy is way catchier, board games boy sounds a bit lame. 😂

27 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Pre-school normally starts at 3yo right?

I can’t wait to see the age progression of baby Mendez/Bloom…😆

4 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Gary moved into Maggie's place; maybe Eddie's staying in the apartment (which presumably has at least two bedrooms). 

What happens to the apartment that Eddie sublets to the abused lady with kid? They never mention it again, right.

• LOL 1
27 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Yeah, I guess in AMLT's land, Eddie's Uber salary can pay the rent on that 2 bedroom place?

• Love 3

You know, it just occurred to me--

Delilah's house has take, what? A year? to sell or to get close to selling (and I don't think it's close to selling), and a teenager is still living out of it, while Greta's condo gets scooped up so fast that she has to move into Katherine's house pretty much immediately.

(I know that's not quite what happened--I'm exaggerating just a little bit--but it seems like I'm not too far from this!)

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Yeah, I guess in AMLT's land, Eddie's Uber salary can pay the rent on that 2 bedroom place?

I don’t understand why Gary and Maggie decide to leave the 2-bedrooms apartment that Gary owns and to move into Maggie’s rented apartment with no room and inconvenient stairs. Weird. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Love 7
3 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

I don’t understand why Gary and Maggie decide to leave the 2-bedrooms apartment that Gary owns and to move into Maggie’s rented apartment with no room and inconvenient stairs. Weird. 🤦🏻‍♀️

So she doesn't have to break her lease and Eddie can stay at Gary's on say a smaller rent... than trying to rent something new in this market.  Gary wouldn't look to make a profit on Eddie and Gary's mortgage is old enough that Eddie would have to pay less rent than he would at someplace at today's market prices.   And they can spend the time until Maggie's lease runs out looking for a new place... I'm guessing they find a way to get Colin's old owner's house.  /snark.   

And now Theo has a room he can sleep over in and Charlie too if poor Eddie is ever allowed to see his daughter again.   

I would be more upset if Gina and her partner didn't get whatever they need to run their food truck in the future but this was kind of an opportunity thing they were going to take a bath on that food and they saw an opportunity not to.  Now next week when they haven't done their paperwork that is a different thing but for today an opportunity not to lose a bunch of money came up and they took it.

And where I live I rarely go to food trucks because they are HELLA expensive.   The area near me that does food trucks is in a really upscale neighborhood and they take advantage of it.  I mean they aren't quite trendy sit down restaurant but more expensive than fast casual...

• Love 6

I’m not buying that Gary being at the doctor’s that morning completely clears him. What if he went over to Peter’s the previous evening after Peter got home and pushed him down the stairs? I don’t actually think he did, but accepting an alibi only during the doctor visit seems WAY less than thorough on the detective’s part.

Why the hell is Delilah not coming back at least long enough to clear out the house? (I mean if this were actually true to life and not a COVID-induced plot contrivance.) Leaving it all to a teenager to handle would be pretty overwhelming, not to mention irresponsible on Delilah’s part, especially with Danny heading back to France instead of sticking around long enough to help. And why, writers??? Danny is the most likable character on this show!

I was about ready to puke when Gary and Maggie were talking about all the wonderful qualities their child might inherit from them. I can think of a few: hot-tempered, impulsive, immature, dog-thieving…

Thought for sure Regina’s snooty customer would turn out to be lying in order to get all that food for free.

• Love 3

Sophie saying to Danny “I knew Charlie and MOM would be ok because you were with them” just further confirms what a crappy mom Delilah is. Also, “Oh, hey daughter, I know you’re still recovering from your sexual assault and are also barely an adult, but could you prepare our huge ass house to be sold? K, thanks!”

I don’t know why Gina didn’t think to start a food truck eatery before since, you know, she bought a food truck. Does she really want to go into business with this woman? She seems sincere enough, but has proven on multiple occasions to be flaky.

I don’t understand at all why Maggie and Gary are going to a fertility specialist. She was told her “goods” were fine, just on a clock. Just try by yourselves for at least 6 months before you spend thousands. Also, they seem a little too chummy with their doctor.

So…who’s paying for Tyrell to go to Yale? Rome and Gina, I assume…

I thought Anna killing Peter might be a red herring, but why else would she say she was with Eddie in order to secure an alibi? I really hope Eddie isn’t an idiot and lies for her. Just what a recovering alcoholic who just got part-time custody of his son needs.

Edited by Chanandler Bong
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, Chanandler Bong said:

So…who’s paying for Tyrell to go to Yale? Rome and Gina, I assume…

Yale probably.   i mean they might make it a plot point because WRITERS but students whose families make less than 75,000 dollars are not expected to make a contribution.   Unless Regina and Rome adopt Tyrell his mom is WILDLY unlikely to make more than 75,000 dollars.  

I think Anna was black out drunk and she lies about her alibi because she doesn't know for certain if she killed him and she doesn't want to explain being black out drunk.  

Edited by bybrandy
  • Love 6

So, Anna is not a murderer. It was the girlfriend, can't remember her name. She found some evidence of what she was in denial about after the conversation with Anna, they had an argument, she killed him. They will say it was probably an accident, end of story - thankfully!

I don't care about Greta but the fact that she didn't dash out the door when Theo came down with a bunch of games makes her eligible for sainthood or something - Theo, mommy's girlfriend is moving in with us. Yay, playdate! - that's the dynamics, isn't it?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Chanandler Bong said:

Also, they seem a little too chummy with their doctor.

Her doctors really should not be so invested in her relationships. The oncologist was all thrilled for her and Gary getting back together, too. 🙄

• Love 5
9 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

hat if he went over to Peter’s the previous evening after Peter got home and pushed him down the stairs? I don’t actually think he did, but accepting an alibi only during the doctor visit seems WAY less than thorough on the detective’s part.

I assume they would have been able to place time of death somewhat quickly (I don't know if it's as quick as it is on TV to determine time of death, but this IS TV, so I assume they established time of death right away), or Peter was seen/heard from at some point during the morning.

In the preview for next week: would the detective really ask Eddie if the gf was with him that night? Wouldn’t he ask a more vague question such as “where were you that night. Was anyone else with you?” “Do you know where your gf was that night?”

Rome get a job offer based on zero credentials and without getting vetted by a ruling board. Still don’t know how Gary makes any money. 

Is Sophie done with the tour? What’s Delilah doing whole Sophie is stuck having to pack up and sell a large house all by herself? 

i was hoping the cops would tell the food truck that they couldn’t just park wherever and set up shop the way they did. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

I assume they would have been able to place time of death somewhat quickly (I don't know if it's as quick as it is on TV to determine time of death, but this IS TV, so I assume they established time of death right away), or Peter was seen/heard from at some point during the morning.

That makes sense, but it was never mentioned or implied just what the time of death was.

• Love 2