Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
WendyCR72

L&O DVD thread

Making this thread as there is really no existing media thread for this. So, if it comes to it, feel free to post, perhaps, details about the DVDs such as extras, sales, or what have you.

But while I know these weren't the best years, TVShowsOnDVD.com has announced - after quite a wait - individual releases of Seasons 15, 16, and 17.

So if you don't own the complete series already, you will finally have an opportunity to buy these seasons individually if you choose to.

• Like 2

Shame how most of the L&O DVD's either don't have worthwhile extras, or just don't even have them at all.  All I'm really looking for is the episodes, of course, but a commentary here and there would be nice.  For most seasons they don't even include deleted scenes.

I'm the opposite. I don't care for deleted scenes or commentary. What I like and look for, are interviews with cast members about the show for that season.  The first four have some really good ones. Haven't had a chance to open my Season 5 to see if there are any interviews with Noth, since this was his last season.

I'm the opposite. I don't care for deleted scenes or commentary. What I like and look for, are interviews with cast members about the show for that season.  The first four have some really good ones. Haven't had a chance to open my Season 5 to see if there are any interviews with Noth, since this was his last season.

Well, I watched the S5 DVD pretty recently and I don't remember it having any special features on it.

Well, I watched the S5 DVD pretty recently and I don't remember it having any special features on it.

Boo! Well, at least the cover has it stated that this was Logan's last season, or something like that. Despite the friction Noth and Wolf had, it says something, at least to me, what an impression the character of Mike Logan had on this series, to get these kind of shoutouts. Because even in my cable synopsis' "Faith" and "Last Rites" (from CI), always state that this was Noth's last episode. I've never seen one for Moriarty, or hell, even Orbach.

If you've wanted to buy L&O on DVD, now is the time! Amazon's Deal of the Week has the entire franchise (Mothership, CI, SVU, LA, TBJ, and UK [although only 2 seasons were released in the US]) on sale for up to 70% off. (Looking at the site, it ALSO looks like Conviction is included, even though it isn't a direct spinoff [albeit with Alex Cabot], too.) So get 'em while they're hot! 

The sale ends on 9/6. (11:59 p.m. PT, so call it 9/7!)

• Like 1

I wish they were at least a little cheaper!

Here's a question for you guys: If you could own just 3-4 seasons on DVD, which would you pick---and why?!

I just got the last three of my favorites. I've got seasons 7-10 and season 1 and 3. I'm planning on slowly adding the rest.

I haven't confirmed by actually watching yet (they arrived yesterday), but apparently both parts of the Law and Order/Homicide crossover are listed in the season 8 set I ordered ("Baby, It's You"). 

• Like 1

This isn't L&O on DVD, but it relates to an actor who was, and there is no "other shows with L&O stars thread", so I'll put this here:

Apparently, Jerry Orbach's one-and-done Murder She Wrote spinoff, The Law and Harry McGraw, (the man liked series with "Law" in it!) is now on DVD - on the French Amazon site. (There is an English track.)

However, it is region free, so if anyone is interested in checking it out, now you can.