Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E12: Lady Drama Mamas

Message added by TexasGal,

Reminders!  Talk about the episode only - individual wives have their own threads for extended convos about them.  Be civil. Use the ignore feature if someone gets under your skin.

• Start Topic

Agreed!  My favorite season was actually season 3 because you get Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years in one season.  You also got the Dominican Republic trip, so you had the warm weather experience.  

"Summer in Jersey!" is an actual thing - down the shore, out in the hamptons, etc.  But I'd love another season that covered the same time frame as season 3. 

• Love 1
On 4/19/2022 at 10:06 PM, Koalagirl said:

Teresa is a complete buzzkill.  She has a negative attitude all of the time now and you can almost see the air getting sucked out when she enters a room.  

How anyone can be a fan of this moron is a mystery to me.  Nothing irks me more than stupid people making lots of money.  She is an absolute idiot who can barely string two sentences together. 

• Love 6
On 4/22/2022 at 9:52 AM, BrindaWalsh said:

...  As much grief as I give Teresa and her actions, I also feel oddly protective of her (she might be a raging trashy maniac this season but she's our raging trashy maniac, thank you very much!) and there are a lot of red flags with Louie.  I don't believe for a moment that he didn't know exactly who she was.  The over the top gestures would make a lot of people uncomfortable because they are TOO much.  The allegations from multiple ex-girlfriends with the same "they're crazy, who doesn't have a crazy" blame the victim/gaslighting/misogynistic bullshit.  ...

I don't love Teresa, but I agree with you 100% on this.  At some point, with multiple stories out there, you go, "What's the common denominator here?"  And it's Luis.  Either that or he's got a really bad "picker" when it comes to girlfriends, which doesn't say much for Teresa.

On 4/24/2022 at 6:41 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Is it my imagination or has Theresa's ass grown another cheek???

I swear I saw her walking away and I said ‘holy cow’!

Hmmm... surprised that her leggings didn't solve that problem for her.  (Right, Margaret?)  😉

4 hours ago, Otherkate said:

I really really miss the winter seasons when they would be celebrating holidays, especially in NJ.

I know that Kathi W. was never the most well-liked housewife (I always liked her, but then, per above, I'm not a Teresa fan), but the dessert spreads that she would do for holidays were amazing!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 4/19/2022 at 11:15 PM, kristen111 said:

Melissa just HAD to get her Solo in at one part, nice and loud.  The backup is what saves her as she can’t sing for shit.

What was especially hilarious beyond the fact she can't sing was when Jen said, "showoff" and she was like "do you want this to be professional?" The delusions this girl is under!

• LOL 3
(edited)

Oof. That spandex body suit. No. Just no. And with tall white cowboy boots? She put that together and thought it was a good look? Lawd. She needs to retire from the show and go focus on her love tank or whatever she wants to call it. It's too bad the T we saw on RHUGT won't make an appearance on RHONJ. Which one is the real one, or at least closest to the real one?

ETA: The dinner. Why is T rewarded from doing the bare minimum? Why do most of these ladies kiss her arse STILL? She's nearly 50! Grow up T. Yeesh.

Edited by BodhiGurl
Add'l thought
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I don't like to speculate about people being alcoholics, because I think we Americans have a weird relationship with alcohol and I'm not a clinician but what is up with Joe Gorga constantly pressuring everybody to do shots in every social situation? That man really likes to drink.

I know I've said this before but I will say it again: I am not puritanical about sex by any stretch of the imagination. But could these people-- and specifically the men--possibly talk about anything else other than balls and penis size and humping?? It is so absolutely bizarre to me. Like, I have a good sense of this cast at this point and I realize they're not going to be talking about literature or art or politics. So be it. But like....anything other than crude sex jokes? Music? Movies? Their kids? Their "work" (such that it is)? ...Recipes?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 4/20/2022 at 3:51 AM, MsTree said:

I'm guessing if Melissa doesn't stick up for Tre, Tre will have a talk with Andy. And depending how desperate Andy is to keep Tre on the show, Melissa's position could be in jeopardy.

And down goes Melissa's financial House of Cards. I get the sense that, out of all of the cast members, Melissa and Joe are the ones who are truly living beyond their means and need the show to stay afloat.

I'm so torn here because Tre is toxic and awful and can suck the life out of a room. On the other hand, she is this franchise. They tried doing it without her while she was away "at camp," and it just didn't work. So I don't know that I want her off the show, but I would love if they brought in somebody who was really willing to go head to head with her. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ladle said:

I don't like to speculate about people being alcoholics, because I think we Americans have a weird relationship with alcohol and I'm not a clinician but what is up with Joe Gorga constantly pressuring everybody to do shots in every social situation? That man really likes to drink.

I know I've said this before but I will say it again: I am not puritanical about sex by any stretch of the imagination. But could these people-- and specifically the men--possibly talk about anything else other than balls and penis size and humping?? It is so absolutely bizarre to me. Like, I have a good sense of this cast at this point and I realize they're not going to be talking about literature or art or politics. So be it. But like....anything other than crude sex jokes? Music? Movies? Their kids? Their "work" (such that it is)? ...Recipes?

Joe super sexualizes anything and everything.  Having his fellow husbands drink from penis straws, kissing Frank's bare ass, constantly pawing Melissa and asking for a quickie, etc...and this is just what we have seen.  He said his daughter can basically never date but his sons can go rogue with girls, he has some antiquated ideas about sex yet I think he would "explore," something different if he has the chance, who knows.  

• Love 1
17 hours ago, ladle said:

And down goes Melissa's financial House of Cards. I get the sense that, out of all of the cast members, Melissa and Joe are the ones who are truly living beyond their means and need the show to stay afloat.

I'm so torn here because Tre is toxic and awful and can suck the life out of a room. On the other hand, she is this franchise. They tried doing it without her while she was away "at camp," and it just didn't work. So I don't know that I want her off the show, but I would love if they brought in somebody who was really willing to go head to head with her. 

I agree with your financial assessment of the Gorgas. They also seem a little grifty, at least Joe does. I wonder how much income Melissa's provides?

Didn't Bravo put the show on hold when Tre was "away"? I remember the Tre special they did, but I can't remember if they did a season without her or not. I thought they waited until she was out to resume a full season? Bravo made Tre the show. She used to be tv gold with all her mispronounced words, purposely showing how not very smart she is, and always organically having something going on. it didn't feel like activities just for filming like a lot of the other cast's segments feel. But at this point, she seems to be phoning it in, or actually hating filming now.

• Love 1
(edited)
59 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I agree with your financial assessment of the Gorgas. They also seem a little grifty, at least Joe does. I wonder how much income Melissa's provides?

Didn't Bravo put the show on hold when Tre was "away"? I remember the Tre special they did, but I can't remember if they did a season without her or not. I thought they waited until she was out to resume a full season? Bravo made Tre the show. She used to be tv gold with all her mispronounced words, purposely showing how not very smart she is, and always organically having something going on. it didn't feel like activities just for filming like a lot of the other cast's segments feel. But at this point, she seems to be phoning it in, or actually hating filming now.

I thought there was a season she wasn’t in— one with awful twin sisters? Or was that just a bizarre RHW fever dream I had?

Edited by ladle
  • LOL 2
20 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Teresa was in the season with the twins. That season gave us this gem:

clink-clink-rhonj.gif?resize=500,279&ssl

Juicy and Rosie had a couple of shows, I think, while Teresa was at camp. I don't think it was a full season though. I could be wrong.

How could I have forgotten?  Thanks for setting me straight, folks! 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Teresa was in the season with the twins. That season gave us this gem:

clink-clink-rhonj.gif?resize=500,279&ssl

Juicy and Rosie had a couple of shows, I think, while Teresa was at camp. I don't think it was a full season though. I could be wrong.

They had a “Teresa checks in” while she was in jail. It was a just a few episodes and it really was mostly Joe and Rosie and Joe dealing (or not) with his daughters.

Bravo did purposely hold filming of a new season of RHONJ until Teresa was released from prison.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 4/23/2022 at 12:58 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

For all that I think Louie is shady, I do wonder if he is starting to regret what he has got into with Teresa. I will not be surprised if they never make it to the altar.

I find Margaret, for all of her faults, the most interesting of the group. I think she is probably the most authentic. It's also interesting to me that she seems to have the strongest friendships on the show.

Going solely off the show, Teresa looks far more crazy and dangerous than Luis.

I can see why Teresa is a legendary Housewife. She's had quite a few iconic moments. The stuff she and Juicy did was wrong, but it made for good story. One of the most moving scenes I've ever seen on reality TV was the girls finally reuniting with their father. But her behavior is really bad. Teresa repeatedly gets physical. She repeatedly goes for low blows like fat shaming. She's very hypocritical. She's bad at apologizing. I could go on.

Same. Margaret can be tough, but she seems to have a heart. She seemed sincere when she told Jennifer, if she knew how much hurt she'd cause, she never would have outed Bill's affair. It was so different from Teresa pretending she was being a girl's girl to Jackie spreading a rumor about Evan, or that it was no big deal to spread something because it didn't initially begin with her. Margaret also isn't aggressive with anyone unless she is provoked. I can see why she has the strongest friendships. 

I wish Margaret got more support. I know Teresa is Joe's sister, but come on. 

• Like 2