Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Venus on the Moon

• Start Topic

Neil is forced to burst Orly's bubble about her "perfect mother"; Arpi uses the office's high school interns to help get a bill passed; a freshly rejected Mikaela tries to prove that she has plenty of time in her life for things besides work.

Airs 4/19.

Guest Stars
Anna Camp as Natalie Bremer
Melany Ochoa as Inez
Marcus Allen Bailey as Ben
Taylar Hollomon as Maya
Prague Robert as Dan
Jeff Austin as Herb Wachter
Rodney J. Hobbs as Frank Higbee
Lidia Porto as Maria Hernandez
NUP_195802_00911.thumb.jpg.d7aaa31a0fec73988888b0cc6a1f0aba.jpg

NUP_195802_00754.thumb.jpg.885e5478375b950a3199fafa048bba4c.jpg

I just love Arpi. Holly Hunter makes the size thing work for her. The backstory on the mayor’s late wife was funny. Probably not the only man in California married to a vapid failed actress. Wow a little of Jayden goes a long way. Moynihan is funny but I think the writers just throw him in when there is a dull spot.

• Love 5

I liked Orly's dawning realization that she wasn't in the same league as the other interns. I would like to have seen a scene where she apologized to the other interns and explained the problem (Neil).

The coffee thing was beyond stupid. I wouldn't have known how to use that machine or what amount of coffee to use,  but my teen self at least knew that coffee grounds plus milk = garbage.

Tommy is way too literal in his interpretation of Neil's orders. I'm beginning to think his grip on reality is only slightly more firm than Jayden's. If Orly obviously doesn't know how to make coffee, you should show her. Then praise her for doing something mediocre.

Tommy: "I know I idle at shady"

Jayden: "I haven't eaten in like, one hours."

• Love 4

I thought this ep was funny. I would think though, that kids like that--hyper competitive, super accomplished---would know more than to expect internet tomorrow. I wonder if they were just hyped up on Arpis energy or if they really thought and were then disappointed and how little change they effected. 

• Love 2

This was the best episode of the season in my opinion. The humor was still absurd, as it is intended but also funny.

I liked Orly's storyline. And the other interns learning the ways of bureaucracy was good. We all feel your pain, kids.

• Love 3

They found a good way to bring in Orly's mother.  She was a failed actress but a sincere mom, even if Neil took what she said to some extremes.

I can understand the kids' frustration in the broadband delay since it was a matter of years not weeks or months.  They had some great manipulative stories for the various council people.

I loved Arpi's 80s campaign ad.

On 4/19/2022 at 10:58 PM, Quickbeam said:

Moynihan is funny but I think the writers just throw him in when there is a dull spot.

This.  They get a little carried away sometimes.

• Love 2

I really need more of Anna Camp as Neil's deceased wife, she's hilarious. "Its not a real modeling agency if they make you pay for the headshots."

This one was really funny in general, I liked Orly's story a lot and how the interns got roped into helping Arpi get a foot in the door for her internet bill. Even if it was just one step in the massive beauacracy that is politics. 

• Love 4