Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: Fingers Crossed

• Start Topic

Finally, caught this episode…..it wasn’t horrible, but the show itself has suffered from some pretty pitiful stories.  So,  when Rome said they needed a doctor in their friend group, I thought, you need a scriptwriter worse!  Lol

Perhaps, Katherine is hovering too much over Eddie, but she’s right.   Her concerns over Eddie staying sober are very valid. Recall how others at the AA meeting also reminded Eddie about not getting into a new romantic relationship for at least a year, but Eddie blew off their concerns, because he knows better.  Any expert would tell Eddie that a person who is new in recovery is creating an increased risk of relapse when you are intimately involved with someone who drinks heavily.  Recovering addicts/alcoholics who think they have it under control are fooling themselves.  Will his drug tests check for alcohol too?

I did feel for Eddie’s girlfriend and the game.  But, she didn’t seem to realize how bad she was at it.  Probably, not a good sign.  It’s sort of a deal breaker for that group. 

I find it unbelievable that two people in one family had repressed memories of abuse and both of them suddenly remembered them as adults. Too contrived.  There are valid reasons that repressed memories are met with skepticism by many professionals.  I guess that’s how the show wanted to approach it to avoid culpability for Regina’s mother.  I’d rather she admit she messed up and negligently placed her daughter in danger of abuse from the uncle and ask for forgivenesses.  She’s lucky she didn’t go to jail.  Even if she didn’t remember her abuse at the time, why was she leaving her young daughter in his care and not seeing signs of abuse?  And then she has the nerve to seek out a person who has told her she is not invited.  Ugh…

The visual of Gary skimping on underwear was not appealing……🥴

I did call it on Gary not having cancer. Next is he and Maggie work on getting pregnant and then he discovers he already has a kid after all.  Boy, that’s going to be real hysterical.🤣

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The visual of Gary skimping on underwear was not appealing……🥴

I missed that.  What was this?  Morbidly curious minds want to know, however traumatic it may end up being. 

10 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

I missed that.  What was this?  Morbidly curious minds want to know, however traumatic it may end up being. 

It was when Danny told Gary he had done the laundry and there was oddly very few underwear in Gary’s room…..so, I guess Gary washes his few briefs a lot or he goes commando.  😝

• Useful 1
9 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It was when Danny told Gary he had done the laundry and there was oddly very few underwear in Gary’s room…..so, I guess Gary washes his few briefs a lot or he goes commando.  😝

Oh, OK.  I would feel uncomfortable having someone else launder my skivvies, but I get that Danny is at least useful around the house.  Maybe Gary hides the good ones for special occasions?  Hee.

• LOL 2
On 4/15/2022 at 3:38 AM, Brian Cronin said:

I think what wasn't clear in the episode is that there was a time jump, so a couple of days HAD passed between the surgery and the game night (and while biopsies aren't something that would require a hospital stay, it sounds like this was a removal of a large mass inside of Gary and not just a biopsy, so that WOULD most likely require an overnight stay).

In a previous episode, Maggie found a lump on Gary's chest where he had previously had a mastectomy.  If she was able to feel it, it was in his skin, not internal, and, since he hadn't noticed it, I presume it was pretty small.

Another dumb remark from Maggie: when telling Danny about the pathology report which she did say was negative for cancer; she then blabbed on about how they 'got it all' and the 'margins were clear'.  Why does it matter if the thing was benign?  It doesn't, a pathologist wouldn't even comment on the margins of a benign lesion.  Whoever does medical consulting for this show is really inept or they are completely ignored.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Theo is 12; it was said a few episodes ago (I think Katherine says it in her head injury episode). 

This is true (except when Theo is wise beyond his years; at least the kid playing Danny can sell the lines a little better; whenever Theo says something wise and philosophical in his little-kid voice I just want to go slap one of the writers).

I thought the difference might be that the actor playing Danny was older than he is playing, and the actor playing Theo isn't, but the Internet tells me that's not the case. The actors are 15 and 12, the same as they are playing. The actress playing Sophie is 18, also the age she is playing.

What is interesting to me is that more time has passed in real life than on the show. I wonder if they cast them younger than they were supposed to play, knowing aging would be an issue OR they just aged them up on the show.

• Useful 2

Sophie could've passed for 28 in this episode, what with all the heavy makeup that I took to be her "stage" makeup in her budding singing career.  She looked that she just got offstage to run to Rome's to see about Gary.

• LOL 1
5 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

In a previous episode, Maggie found a lump on Gary's chest where he had previously had a mastectomy.  If she was able to feel it, it was in his skin, not internal, and, since he hadn't noticed it, I presume it was pretty small.

Another dumb remark from Maggie: when telling Danny about the pathology report which she did say was negative for cancer; she then blabbed on about how they 'got it all' and the 'margins were clear'.  Why does it matter if the thing was benign?  It doesn't, a pathologist wouldn't even comment on the margins of a benign lesion.  Whoever does medical consulting for this show is really inept or they are completely ignored.

Oh yeah, the "margins were clear" stuff was SUPER SUPER dumb. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Sophie could've passed for 28 in this episode, what with all the heavy makeup that I took to be her "stage" makeup in her budding singing career.  She looked that she just got offstage to run to Rome's to see about Gary.

She may have. 

• Love 1

Though I wondered about Danny running off to the concert while his eggplant parmagiana was still in the oven, it sounded like.  OK, maybe he had just took it out.  That and Regina abandoning game night to go meet up with her dad seemed weird, but those were my only problems with this episode.  My favorite thing--Gary to Colin after he came home from getting the good news about the cancer scare: 
(mock sarcastically) "No, don't get up."

• LOL 2

A little late watching the episode. I agree with most of what has been mentioned. The actress playing Greta does have weirdly unnatural line readings, though I think she does better when she is joking around with Eddie or that guy at the reunion last week. The serious stuff seems to trip her up. 

Speaking of Greta, I hope she understands now that she is part of Katherine’s friend group, she will need to put in for vacation time at her job so she can go sit around the hospital with them for hours every other week. 

Thanks for the info about Regina’s mom being married to Stephen Root in real life. I knew it had to be a reference to something because it was too random. I love him, he’s such a great character actor. The funny thing is after watching this episode I ended up running across a News Radio episode on a random channel. 

Someone mentioned Gary kissing Colin on the head. I know in real life James Roday Rodriguez is a huge dog person, so I wouldn’t be surprised if that was a genuine and spontaneous thing rather than being scripted. 

My husband and I were joking that with Eddie and Greta getting along so well, they will probably have Greta change teams and she and Eddie will get together and have a baby. Because that’s just what this show would do. Lol. 

These people are so weirdly casual about Eddie and Katherine’s past. It’s nice they’ve all forgiven Eddie for his infidelity but I gotta believe in real life Katherine would’ve found another friend group by now. 

There’s a lot to make fun of in this show but I do still appreciate the chemistry between the actors, especially Rome and Regina. They have a really natural ease with each other. And on a shallow note I still find myself noticing how ridiculously handsome Eddie is at least once every episode. 

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, desertflower said:

though I think she does better when she is joking around with Eddie or that guy at the reunion last week. 

Not surprising, since she's a stand-up comedian. Pretty sure that's where I'd heard of her before.

12 hours ago, desertflower said:

And on a shallow note I still find myself noticing how ridiculously handsome Eddie is at least once every episode. 

I'm right there with you. Of course, I've noticed how ridiculously handsome David Giuntoli is ever since his days on Grimm.

• Love 1

I sincerely hope we’re not going to learn that Greta’s romance with Katherine is a bipolar episode when she is still very much married to a woman who is not amused. But this is A Million Little Unlikely Plot Twists so...

• LOL 1
  • Love 3