Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

Whimsy

S01.E17: Attic Girl

On 4/15/2022 at 8:56 AM, basil said:

Hetty wasn't trapped. She aggressively possessed Jay.

46 minutes ago, mojito said:

I thought Jay was shocked and fell back onto Hetty.

I did rewatch the Possession episode, and, yes, Jay was electrically shocked and fell backwards onto Hetty, which initiated the possession of his body by Hetty.
However, Hetty did not want to get exorcised from Jay because she was able to taste food for the first time in over a hundred years. 
Then she decided to got to Paris in Jay's body against his and Sam's wishes, but which caused her to get thrown out of Jay's body when it crossed the property line. 
The End. (more or less)

Ooo. Interesting alternate ending: Jay dies when the car hits the tree and winds up living with Sam and the others in Ghost form.

• Love 2
  • Useful 2

23 hours ago, Driad said:

Did they really say that when she wakes up, she is only awake for one day? 

How "Brigadoon" of her! ;-)

• Love 3
  • Laugh 7

You guys, "getting sucked off" will never NOT make me laugh. I have to admit the first time I heard it on the show I was like ummm, what! Makes it even funnier because they totally know what they are doing and lean into the joke but without overdoing it.

I didn't expect to like this show as much. The cast, the stories, the pacing, the humor, are so good. There is so much potential for ghosts and B&B guests. 

I found attic girl absolutely terrible, so I'm glad she won't be on regularly. 

• Love 7

On 4/18/2022 at 8:16 PM, kathyk24 said:

I hope that Sam and Jay are able to make the B&B a success. It's a tired trope that blue collar people can never get ahead. It would be fun to see the ghosts interact with the guests.

Jay is a chef, and Sam is a writer. Those aren't blue collar professions.

I think Hetty's undying hatred of the Irish is hilarious. 

I'm not a fan of the whole "sucked off" bit. We get it. Trevor fooled a bunch of fellow ghosts with a phrase they didn't understand. I find its repeated use childish and immature. And I say that as someone who often enjoys childish and immature humor. Maybe because it's a sexual innuendo. 

• Love 2
  • Useful 1

34 minutes ago, SmithW6079 said:

Jay is a chef, and Sam is a writer. Those aren't blue collar professions.

I think Hetty's undying hatred of the Irish is hilarious. 

I'm not a fan of the whole "sucked off" bit. We get it. Trevor fooled a bunch of fellow ghosts with a phrase they didn't understand. I find its repeated use childish and immature. And I say that as someone who often enjoys childish and immature humor. Maybe because it's a sexual innuendo. 

Sam and Jay aren't rich I used blue collar to contrast them with wealthy characters who get away with everything like JR Ewing.

• Love 2

1 hour ago, SmithW6079 said:

I'm pretty sure they came up with the term "sucked off" looooooooong before Trevor's heart exploded. He just found it absolutely hilarious, and never corrected them.

• Love 9

3 hours ago, msani19 said:

You guys, "getting sucked off" will never NOT make me laugh. I have to admit the first time I heard it on the show I was like ummm, what!

I watched the British version first, and it was used on that show.  And I was all "oh, there's no way that's going to get through the US censors, they're going to have to use a different phrase."  And, nope, I was wrong.  I was really surprised they get away with it on the US show. 

• Love 7

23 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

Sam and Jay aren't rich I used blue collar to contrast them with wealthy characters who get away with everything like JR Ewing.

"Blue collar" has specific connotations. Jay and Sam's contractor is a blue collar worker. Dan Conner from "The Conners" is a blue collar worker. Sam and Jay aren't wealthy, but they still have privileges and access to funds that a Dan Conner wouldn't.

• Love 5

2 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

"Blue collar" has specific connotations. Jay and Sam's contractor is a blue collar worker. Dan Conner from "The Conners" is a blue collar worker. Sam and Jay aren't wealthy, but they still have privileges and access to funds that a Dan Conner wouldn't.

Starting with actual ownership of a mansion and its land. They aren’t selling and bathing in tubs of money right now because they think running a BnB will be fun. No part of this story ends up with them “losing” although I do think Sam would miss/grieve loss of her ghost family if they sold and moved away.

• Love 2
  • Useful 1

On 4/15/2022 at 7:36 AM, kwnyc said:

I thought she looked closer to 30!

Yes - it took a bit off of  the Trevor not wanting to be with her because she was a teen when  she looked older than the original 90201 kids and far from being a minor.

I liked the episode in general, but never did warm-up to Stephanie.  I would not mind if she did not have another episode where she awakens.

Hetty also had the line delivery -- about what are the chances she would get sucked off at prom - that was perfect.

• Love 3

On 4/15/2022 at 1:27 AM, Izzy85 said:

This was a great episode. I just love Jay so so much 🥰. He just goes with it, 🤷‍♀️. It's random, but my favorite moment was when he got excited when Sam told him Pete was there and then how bummed he got when she told him he had left, 😆 

I loved that too!

I am really enjoying this show and reading all your comments here, although I am months behind. 

I am debating if I am going to watch “live” in the fall or binge, given one weekday “live show” commitment ended last season. 

• Love 1

On 4/20/2022 at 2:01 PM, SmithW6079 said:

I'm not a fan of the whole "sucked off" bit. We get it. Trevor fooled a bunch of fellow ghosts with a phrase they didn't understand. I find its repeated use childish and immature.

I'm with you. It was funny the first couple of times, but then it just started annoying me because, as you said, it is childish (or teenage-ish) and immature. I'd like to see the writers come up with a way for the ghosts to start using a new phrase, though I suspect we are stuck with this, 

• Love 1

On 11/2/2022 at 10:34 PM, Paloma said:

I'm with you. It was funny the first couple of times, but then it just started annoying me because, as you said, it is childish (or teenage-ish) and immature. I'd like to see the writers come up with a way for the ghosts to start using a new phrase, though I suspect we are stuck with this, 

But it’s all Trevor has…

• Laugh 7
  • Wink 1