Type keyword(s) to search

XO, Kitty - General Discussion

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

Originally based on the Jenny Han novels To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before (2014), P.S. I Still Love You (2015) and Always and Forever, Lara Jean (2017).

This new TV Series is based off of the Netflix "To All The Boys" movie series, especially the final movie: To All the Boys: Always and Forever.

This is a 10 half-hour episode YA dramedy that focuses on Lara Jean Covey's youngest sister, Kitty Song Covey, as she leaves Portland, Oregon, heading for Seoul, South Korea, on her quest to find true love.

Kitty Song Covey is the "Teen Matchmaker", who thinks she knows everything there is to know about love. But moving halfway around the world to reunite with her long-distance boyfriend, she soon realizes that relationships are a lot more complicated when it’s your own heart on the line.

[L/R] Anthony Keyvan, Gia Kim, Anna Cathcart, Choi Min-yeong, Sang Heon Lee

xo-kitty-cast-netflix.jpg

Anna Cathcart as Kitty Song Covey, moving from Portland, Oregon to Seoul, South Korea to be with her boyfriend 

Minyeong Choi as Dae, Kitty's Harry Potter-hating long-distance boyfriend 

Gia Kim as Yuri, Kitty's classmate

Sang Heon Lee as Min Ho, Kitty's classmate

Anthony Keyvan as Q, Kitty's classmate

Peter Thurnwald as Alex, Kitty's classmate

Regan Aliyah as Juliana, Kitty's classmate

Yunjin Kim as Jina

Sarayu Blue as Trina

John Corbett as Dan Covey

Jocelyn Shelfo as Madison

Michael K Lee as Professor Lee

(Top row from left to right): Choi Min-yeong, Anthony Keyvan, Gia Kim, Sang Heon Lee, Peter Thurnwald (Bottom row from left to right): Regan Aliyah, Yunjin Kim, Michael K. Lee, Jocelyn Shelfo

image1.png

• Like 1

xo-kitty.jpg

Anna Cathcart as Katherine "Kitty" Song Covey

xo-kitty-series.jpg

Choi Min-yeong as Dae 

xo-kitty-spinoff.jpg

Sunny Oh as Mihee, Gia Kim as Yuri, Han Bi Ryu as Eunice, Jocelyn Shelfo as Madison

xo-kitty-john-corbett.jpg

John Corbett as Dan Covey and Sarayu Blue as Trina Rothschild

xo-kitty-4.jpg

Gia Kim as Yuri

xo-kitty-3.jpg

Sang Heon Lee as Min Ho

xo-kitty-2.jpg

Anthony Keyvan as Q and Théo Augier as Florian

XO, Kitty           May 18, 2023           Netflix 

Episodes 1-10    Titles and Descriptions

Spoiler

S01.E01: XO 
Yearning to feel closer to her late mother and surprise her long-distance
boyfriend, Kitty sets her sights on attending a prestigious school in Seoul.

S01.E02: WTF 
A jet-lagged Kitty can't wait to see Dae, but their long-awaited reunion goes awry due to dormitory complications and the fallout from a viral video.

S01.E03: KISS 
Dae experiences conflicting emotions over a sudden change of plans as Kitty deals with her own tangled feelings and an unfortunate new nickname.

S01.E04: TGIF  
Kitty joins Q's outdoor club to connect with Dae away from school, but a clue about her mom soon sends her on a fact-finding — and matchmaking — mission.

S01.E05: TBH   
With no plans for the Chuseok holiday, Kitty attempts to prepare a special feast for other students on campus with help from an unlikely source.

S01.E06: BYOB 
Drama erupts and romantic connections emerge at Min Ho's swanky party, where a determined Kitty intends to work through her feelings about Dae.

S01.E07: TIL  
Tensions turn into revelations during a Saturday detention session after Kitty reluctantly agrees to help Yuri figure out what Principal Jina is hiding.

S01.E08: LFG  
A school trip gives Dae a chance to regain Kitty's trust as Yuri opens up about Juliana, Florian confides in Q, and Min Ho makes a relationship decision.

S01.E09: SNAFU 
With finals approaching, Kitty leans on her friends for extra help, but tempers flare at KISS and beyond amid bombshells, betrayals and blazing fights.

S01.E10: OTP
Final grades, class rankings and complicated truths cause emotions to run high as Kitty takes a stand with her future at KISS hanging in the balance.

So I flew through all 10 episodes yesterday and overall really liked it! The Korean cast was incredible, and I loved Q. A few too many secrets for me, but I went it with no real expectations having loved To All the Boys and was very impressed. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Being a Korean drama junkie, I am looking forward to binging on this. So excited for the diverse cast, and Dae’s dad is an actor I like who has been in some shows I’ve watched.

Edited by twoods
  • Like 1

I was wondering why they never had Min ho have a crush on Yuri (I thought at first that was the case since he kept meddling in Dae’s business but he just missed his friend), then I figured out why- the actors are siblings in real life. Very cute.

I am halfway and still enjoying this show but not liking how Kitty is entering Mary Sue territory with every guy (and girl) becoming a potential life interest and liking her.

• Like 2

Sat down to start this- I have to say I’m jealous of Kitty because I really wanted to study abroad (applied and was accepted and everything) and my Mom wouldn’t let me go! (I was in college). I’m still salty about this 18yrs later. 

Oh squee- it’s Anthony Keyvan from Love, Victor!

Omg squee I find it hilarious that Kitty didn’t tell people there was dairy in the potatoes! I mean funny, but not funny. I did feel bad for Min Ho that he got diarrhea and missed out on his date after he worked so hard to help her prepare the meal.

This reminded me of the first big party I attended after Covid hit, and I told my Mom “We have been in the house too long, I forgot some people love cheese on hamburgers!” Stereotypically at Black parties (at least the ones I’ve been to) there are about as many cheeseburgers as veggie burgers, it’s an option but in no way assumed or the default. 🤣🤣🤣

I really liked this series! It was fun and beautiful and emotionally easy- a great coming of age story. Yuri was right, the boys were also in code of conduct violation as well. I still want to know how Dae’s dad was so in the dark that his tuition payment was late?? Is Q going to stand up for Dae or is Florian going to do the right thing?  I can’t wait to see next season!

• Like 1