Type keyword(s) to search

S42.E05: I'm Survivor Rich

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

15 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

yes toris eyerolls are ridiculous. I cannot beleive she is a good therpist, but would love to see her and maryann together:)

Can you imagine being one of Tori’s patients and being like, Wait! I’m listening to and getting advice from HER?!?!. LOL!!!

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
(edited)

Caught the stuff I missed. I don’t hate Maryanne. I just don’t. I get that she can grate, I can imagine Jonathan walking off to punch trees down in order to get out the aggression, but I do not hate Maryanne. She’s probably not playing the best game, but she’s still in there. And if she wins . . . would that be the worst thing?

Rocksroy feels like he can’t pick up social cues. I can relate all too well. 

I’ve lost track. What is the power of the amulets?

I’m still torn about whether the three-way idol should stay. I do think that these last two seasons might end up producing more conservative gameplay. Right now, these people jump on land mines and hope for the best. No one remembered the guy who went to IOTI, only to be told by Rob that he lost his vote because there was no such thing as a free lunch?

I’m sorry for bringing up IOTI.

Daniel was carried as long as he was there, right? Oy. I want to relate to him, I didn’t blame him for blinking over going for rocks, I think he’s got potential to get big in social media . . . but he was a dud.

ETA for @ProfCrash . . .okay, but what power do the amulets have?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Caught the stuff I missed. I don’t hate Maryanne. I just don’t. I get that she can grate, I can imagine Jonathan walking off to punch trees down in order to get out the aggression, but I do not hate Maryanne. She’s probably not playing the best game, but she’s still in there. And if she wins . . . would that be the worst thing?

Rocksroy feels like he can’t pick up social cues. I can relate all too well. 

I’ve lost track. What is the power of the amulets?

I’m still torn about whether the three-way idol should stay. I do think that these last two seasons might end up producing more conservative gameplay. Right now, these people jump on land mines and hope for the best. No one remembered the guy who went to IOTI, only to be told by Rob that he lost his vote because there was no such thing as a free lunch?

I’m sorry for bringing up IOTI.

Daniel was carried as long as he was there, right? Oy. I want to relate to him, I didn’t blame him for blinking over going for rocks, I think he’s got potential to get big in social media . . . but he was a dud.

Hai, Lindsey, and Drea have the amulets.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, mertensia said:

My god, Maryanne, shut up for a while. I would have self-evicted by now.

"Maryann's getting worse, right?" Preach, Jonathan. PREACH. Maryann would for sure have found the sharp end of the machete if that were me using it. (Whoopsies. You know how it is with workspaces...some people create imaginary boundaries and others get sent home with grievous bodily injuries. Teehee.)

I wonder if law enforcement would be interested in recruiting Maryann. Can you imagine how easy it would be to break suspects? Just put 'em in a room with Maryann for a few minutes. They'd break so quickly, and beg for solitary. 

• LOL 12

Me neither! Just found this explanation on SVNBob's Tribe Tracker thread:

Contestant has an Advantage Amulet

Amulets must be used concurrently by all players still in the game with one.

Amulets have different power depending on number in play when used.

3 amulets = Extra Vote

2 amulets = Steal-A-Vote

1 amulet = HII

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Does anyone "hate" Maryann?  I've seen many people find her annoying, think she's over the top, side with Jonathan about her constant yakking, want to see how others react to her after the merge, think she's overacting, etc.  I haven't seen anyone actually "hate" her for any of these things.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I was thinking he was going to rename the Abi-Maria Sit Out Bench the Daniel Sitout Bench. (Albeit A-M had no seeming reason AFAIK to sit out other than she didn't want to do the challenges).

Abi had an injured ACL or something similar.

• Useful 2
12 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Jonathon does have the patience of a saint.  I was dying last night at his facial expressions as the girls chattered on and on behind him.

This scene resonated so hard for me. I remember a group camping trip years ago, where as an introverted, non-morning person, I woke up to find a group of my fellow campers three feet from my tent, loudly laughing and talking and eating. I literally hid in my tent for 30 minutes, desperately hoping for them to leave and/or be quiet, but no. I wanted to kill everybody. 😁 These emotions were written all over Jonathan's face, with NO COFFEE OR BACON to take the edge off. I felt for him and greatly admired his self-restraint. Loud morning chatter is the very worst. 

8 hours ago, ZeeEnnui said:

Maryann's getting worse, right?" Preach, Jonathan. PREACH.

I still really like Maryanne but I would never camp with her. 

• Love 11

I’ve seen a couple comments about Maryanne being a good F3 goat, but I disagree. She may be too chatty and way over the top with her reactions but those things don’t make her unlikable. Annoying, yes, but you can still like someone who gets on your nerves. She’s like a bunny, a very noisy, excitable bunny. I don’t think anyone on her current tribe dislikes her. 

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She’s like a bunny, a very noisy, excitable bunny. I don’t think anyone on her current tribe dislikes her. 

I agree. I've had friends like Maryanne. Bubbly, chatty, always at 11. But if they're basically kind, good people, you enjoy knowing them, just maybe in small doses. 

I think there must be times when having a loud, shiny, happy person on your tribe would be annoying, but it's got to be better than some of the surly, crabby people other tribes have been stuck with. At least they always know what she's thinking! (Whether they want to or not.) 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Wow.  Did Omar not understand the ropes, try to throw it, or is he that inept?  He was moving his hands so slowly like the table was full of razor blades and fire ants.

I don't think you can spearfish effectively in 2-3 feet of water.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, violet and green said:

3 amulets = Extra Vote

2 amulets = Steal-A-Vote

1 amulet = HII

I cannot remember, and I don't think it was explained very well.  Did the instructions say these amulets aren't good until the Merge?  Otherwise it doesn't make sense.  Can the amulet be given away?  If Hai thinks he is going home, can he give it to Lindsey, just like giving away an extra vote?

So at the Merge, if all three are left, all three have to agree to play the amulet and then all three will get an extra vote at TC?  I assume that they will all discuss in advance, otherwise it will expose things if two of them try to activate in the voting booth and one doesn't.

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I’ve seen a couple comments about Maryanne being a good F3 goat, but I disagree. She may be too chatty and way over the top with her reactions but those things don’t make her unlikable. Annoying, yes, but you can still like someone who gets on your nerves. She’s like a bunny, a very noisy, excitable bunny. I don’t think anyone on her current tribe dislikes her. 

Yep, she's like the classic case of the bunny rabbit trying to eat its dinner in the mailbox...

I'm curious to see how far Maryanne gets in the game.  Nobody views her as a threat.  I think people find her annoying, but I don't think any of them dislike her.  In fact, some have said that she enlivens the camp.  I think the bigger threats will get voted out first and so far Maryanne hasn't been threatening.  Will be interesting to see how she does at the Merge.

14 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Can you imagine being one of Tori’s patients and being like, Wait! I’m listening to and getting advice from HER?!?!. LOL!!!

I've always found it curious as to why people whose livelihood depends on their character and their interactions with the people who are the source of that livelihood choose to go on Survivor.  Like Shan from last season.  She is a youth pastor, she is supposed to be a trustworthy person that her charges can rely on, and yet she was shown to be a lying and deceitful and arrogant person.  She would argue that she had to do what she had to do, but I think people at their core are who they are.  

With Tori, she seems awfully young to be a therapist, but I suppose they all have to get their start sometime.  I'm not sure what her angle is, maybe she is trying to use Survivor to get exposure so she can move into something else.  Because I agree with you, I can't imagine being one of her "clients" as she calls them (which I think is weird, I would say therapists have patients and not clients) and watching her on TV and thinking that you should be in the position of giving her advice and not the other way around.

• Love 4

I suspect that they are showing the few cases of discontent at the orange beach so that people think that there might be a reason for someone flipping but I don't buy for a second that there is a real problem. They work too well together as a team and it feels like they are fishing for something to show that isn't Jonathon being amazing. Although, what they showed just showed Jonathon having a higher level of social awareness then many of the other provider/alpha types have in the past. 

I also think that it is normal for people to be discussing who they would want to vote out even when they are winning and doing well because that is a part of the game. 

Orange does not seem to have the issues that green and blue have. It isn't because Orange hasn't had to go to tribal but because they seem to get along and work well together. It helps having Jonathon, good knows he won them one challenge on his own and played a large roll in their winning three other challenges BUT they did need to work as a team on the rope untwist challenge and solve a puzzle in two other challenges (the fish and braid). They didn't seem to panic and they were supportive of the puzzle folks. They seem like a solid four. 

I can see people splitting off of blue and green. Chanelle is going to be looking for a new alliance on green. Tori is running away from Rocksroy the first chance that she gets. Maryann really doesn't have much of a reason to split from orange. And I can see orange wanting to protect Jonathon because they like eating well and he feeds them and to maintain their numbers. I only see the rest of Orange targeting Jonathon when they have numbers, so around 6 people left. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, violet and green said:

Me neither! Just found this explanation on SVNBob's Tribe Tracker thread:

Contestant has an Advantage Amulet

3 amulets = Extra Vote

2 amulets = Steal-A-Vote

1 amulet = HII

Also the amulets gain in power the fewer there are in the game. So my guess is after the merge, the amulet holders will try to get each other out in order so the remaining amulet holder(s) gets a bigger advantage from holding the amulet.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, SG429 said:

I can't help but think that Rocksroy is a character name jacked from The Flintstones.

I've always thought his name sounds like he is a villain character on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  Like he's one of Shredder's minions, and he's, well, rocky.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, blackwing said:

With Tori, she seems awfully young to be a therapist, but I suppose they all have to get their start sometime.  I'm not sure what her angle is, maybe she is trying to use Survivor to get exposure so she can move into something else.  Because I agree with you, I can't imagine being one of her "clients" as she calls them (which I think is weird, I would say therapists have patients and not clients) and watching her on TV and thinking that you should be in the position of giving her advice and not the other way around.

Tori is a relatively new therapist, for sure. Therapists with years or decades of experience don't tend to say "as a therapist....." and then think they know someone's thoughts or motivations. On the second point, yes, therapists have clients, not patients. The word "patient" denotes a person with an illness, whereas "client" denotes someone looking for guidance or personal growth.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

One thing that’s confusing me: after Maryanne’s little set-to with Jonathan, Maryanne said something to the effect of, “I hope he [Jonathan] knows pride is a sin.”  
Maybe I missed it, but what particularly “prideful” thing did Jonathan say or do to prompt Maryanne’s comment?

• Love 3

Watching last night with my wife, Jeff read off the first four votes, I snarked that the last was going to be like Mike. And sure enough...

Then we were trying to figure out who made that vote and why. I guess if Chanelle thought the others were targeting Daniel, this was her protection if he played his shot in the dark. I was glad it wasn't Lydia or Hai- I've warmed up to them, and while Chanelle might throw it back on them, it helps that they can honestly say they didn't vote for Mike. 

I have sympathy for Jonathan (and continue to be impressed with his strength- it looked like he was pulling back the slingshot with one hand). Wanting some quite and not having many places to get it is rough. But, while Maryanne seems like a lot, it's Omar who seems like the weak link (though this might just be recency bias, but I don't feel he's excelled in other challenges).

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, srhall79 said:

Watching last night with my wife, Jeff read off the first four votes, I snarked that the last was going to be like Mike. And sure enough...

Then we were trying to figure out who made that vote and why. I guess if Chanelle thought the others were targeting Daniel, this was her protection if he played his shot in the dark. I was glad it wasn't Lydia or Hai- I've warmed up to them, and while Chanelle might throw it back on them, it helps that they can honestly say they didn't vote for Mike. 

I have sympathy for Jonathan (and continue to be impressed with his strength- it looked like he was pulling back the slingshot with one hand). Wanting some quite and not having many places to get it is rough. But, while Maryanne seems like a lot, it's Omar who seems like the weak link (though this might just be recency bias, but I don't feel he's excelled in other challenges).

Omar did most of the fish puzzle. I think he has been their go to puzzle guy but somehow this weeks puzzle got the best of him. 

Honestly, we have not seen many of the other Orange members do much this season. They were all really good in the untangle the rope/people challenge but I get the impression that Jonathon was calling out their moves with that.

Jonathon beasted the open water ladder challenge.

Maryann was useless in the boat pulling challenge. I think they put Lindsey in the boat because they were worried about Maryann jumping to get the key and they knew Lindsey would nail that. Omar got his key on the first try but then knocked it away from himself and cost them time swimming after it. Omar and Maryann did the fish puzzle but Maryann seemed to be handing Omar pieces.

This week Omar struggled with the puzzle but it sounded like Lindsey was the one who knew how to do the puzzle. And yes, Jonathon was launching the balls one handed but was being very careful in lining them up before launching.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

In an interview, Jonathan stated that when he decided he wanted to go on Survivor, he changed his training routine to focus on functional strength rather than just appearance.  And it shows.  

Eta:  it shows in his challenge performance.   He just doesn’t look big and strong…he can do more than just pose and look pretty… he is strong and knows how to do challenges mentally, not just physically… such as not panicking and taking careful aim. 

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

In an interview, Jonathan stated that when he decided he wanted to go on Survivor, he changed his training routine to focus on functional strength rather than just appearance.  And it shows.  

I don't know. He appears strong as hell and is strong as hell. I mean, all those abs....

But yeah, he is not the one dude who looked to be massive and then quit because he was cold and kind of not good at the challenges. I can't remember his name but he was super big, massive arm muscles. Looked like he could be posing in a competition but turned out to not be that strong and a quitter.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Nashville said:

One thing that’s confusing me: after Maryanne’s little set-to with Jonathan, Maryanne said something to the effect of, “I hope he [Jonathan] knows pride is a sin.”  
Maybe I missed it, but what particularly “prideful” thing did Jonathan say or do to prompt Maryanne’s comment?

I don't think I've heard him make any "prideful" comments.  My thinking is that she just assumes he is a prideful person because of his muscles and his looks.  She must think that someone who puts that much work into his body is a vain person?  My kids commented that he looks a little like Chris Hemsworth, and there has to be some certain amount of vanity for anybody to want to be an actor?  I dunno.

50 minutes ago, srhall79 said:

I do think that Omar is a weak link, but I also agree that Orange seemingly doesn't need anybody else besides Jonathan.  Omar is not physically strong and he knows it, that's why he wanted he and Jonathan to be a tightknit twosome, each complements the other and together they will be protected.

I am very curious as to what would have happened if Orange would have lost.  My feeling is that Jonathan wouldn't vote out Omar.  He and Omar would vote for Maryanne.  Maryanne and the other woman would have voted Omar.  There would be a tie.  Jonathan and the other woman wouldn't budge, but neither wants rocks, and then the other woman caves after Jonathan does a Hai and Maryanne goes home.

10 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

I don't know. He appears strong as hell and is strong as hell. I mean, all those abs....

But yeah, he is not the one dude who looked to be massive and then quit because he was cold and kind of not good at the challenges. I can't remember his name but he was super big, massive arm muscles. Looked like he could be posing in a competition but turned out to not be that strong and a quitter.

I think you are talking about the one and only Original Quitter...  Ostentatious Osten.  Ostentatious Osten, he was utterly useless in Pearl Islands and was the first person ever to quit the game.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I don't think I've heard him make any "prideful" comments.  My thinking is that she just assumes he is a prideful person because of his muscles and his looks.  She must think that someone who puts that much work into his body is a vain person?  My kids commented that he looks a little like Chris Hemsworth, and there has to be some certain amount of vanity for anybody to want to be an actor?  I dunno.

I do think that Omar is a weak link, but I also agree that Orange seemingly doesn't need anybody else besides Jonathan.  Omar is not physically strong and he knows it, that's why he wanted he and Jonathan to be a tightknit twosome, each complements the other and together they will be protected.

I am very curious as to what would have happened if Orange would have lost.  My feeling is that Jonathan wouldn't vote out Omar.  He and Omar would vote for Maryanne.  Maryanne and the other woman would have voted Omar.  There would be a tie.  Jonathan and the other woman wouldn't budge, but neither wants rocks, and then the other woman caves after Jonathan does a Hai and Maryanne goes home.

I think you are talking about the one and only Original Quitter...  Ostentatious Osten.  Ostentatious Osten, he was utterly useless in Pearl Islands and was the first person ever to quit the game.

Yup, it was Osten. I seem to remember him be all bluster and then turning into a giant wimp. 

I think Lindsey would have voted out Maryann. Lindsey seems pretty tight with Jonathon.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm not a fan of the say-the-secret-phrase gimmick.   After what seems like the tenth time of having to sit through Maryanne rambling about bunnies in mailboxes it's not funny anymore, just cringey and annoying.   Mike's was cringey too -- while just a single performance, he tried to play it to the hilt and came off sounding crazy.    It's always followed by an awkward silence, made more glaring by Probst breezily moving on from players expressing thoughts that under normal circumstances would make one wonder if he or she were suffering from a severe urinary tract infection.   Fortunately this gimmick has probably run its course and won't return in the future since everyone from here on out will be wise to it.   Although never put it past Survivor to try to milk a gimmick well beyond its expiration date.

Edited by millennium
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Did they change the rules about saying the phrase this season?  For S41, they only had to say it once, until they heard someone from the other tribe say their phrase.  MaryAnne seemed impatient for the other tribes to find theirs, but I don't think she had to say it every time.  That's why I'm curious if the rules changed.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 4/7/2022 at 1:00 PM, Msample said:

For once I'd just like one reaction to be a Gallic shrug or a yawn instead of Maryanne's histrionics. 

Oh, I am all in for Team Gallic Shrugs and will be desperately disappointed if that never happens. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Did they change the rules about saying the phrase this season?  For S41, they only had to say it once, until they heard someone from the other tribe say their phrase.  MaryAnne seemed impatient for the other tribes to find theirs, but I don't think she had to say it every time.  That's why I'm curious if the rules changed.  

The clue says the player must say the phrase at the next immunity challenge (the jury is still out on what exactly that means) and that once all 3 phrases are said at the same challenge, the idols become active.  There is no need to say the phrase at every challenge.  My guess is that Maryanne chose to do so either because she was trying to encourage the other finders, or she was just being Maryanne and word-barfing for the sake of doing so.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I wouldn't trust my memory on this point necessarily, but I believe that we were shown Xander saying the phrase multiple times.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I wouldn't trust my memory on this point necessarily, but I believe that we were shown Xander saying the phrase multiple times.

Xander said the phrase every immunity challenge. Was he doing it because he thought he had to or was he doing it because he wanted his vote and an idol? Maryann said it at every immunity challenge but Mike didn't. Mike seems to have a functioning immunity idol. Who knows what the rule is. I am sure he will be asked about it when he is voted out or he wins. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, millennium said:

I'm not a fan of the say-the-secret-phrase gimmick.   After what seems like the tenth time of having to sit through Maryanne rambling about bunnies in mailboxes it's not funny anymore, just cringey and annoying.   Mike's was cringey too -- while just a single performance, he tried to play it to the hilt and came off sounding crazy.    It's always followed by an awkward silence, made more glaring by Probst breezily moving on from players expressing thoughts that under normal circumstances would make one wonder if he or she were suffering from a severe urinary tract infection.   Fortunately this gimmick has probably run its course and won't return in the future since everyone from here on out will be wise to it.   Although never put it past Survivor to try to milk a gimmick well beyond its expiration date.

I think the "secret phrase"  thing would work if the phrases they were given weren't so over-the-top crazy.  if it was just an interesting phrase that the others could pick up on, while those who didn't have a secret phrase wouldn't notice it as sounding outlandish  

To me, the best strategy is to say it at the first  opportunity, then don't say it again until the other two phrases were said.  I am wondering what the clueless players from other teams think about MaryAnn, who rambles on and on about bunnies in mailboxes every time they see her.  Because, frankly, she sounds psychotic. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I think the "secret phrase"  thing would work if the phrases they were given weren't so over-the-top crazy.  if it was just an interesting phrase that the others could pick up on, while those who didn't have a secret phrase wouldn't notice it as sounding outlandish  

To me, the best strategy is to say it at the first  opportunity, then don't say it again until the other two phrases were said.  I am wondering what the clueless players from other teams think about MaryAnn, who rambles on and on about bunnies in mailboxes every time they see her.  Because, frankly, she sounds psychotic. 

I think Maryann is the only one who can get away with saying something outlandish without raising suspicion

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 4/8/2022 at 7:49 AM, Haleth said:

She’s like a bunny, a very noisy, excitable bunny.

I'm trying to remember the last time I saw a noisy bunny.   🤔

Maryanne is exhibiting exactly the kind of behavior the casting people want her to.  I suspect that's why she was chosen for the show.  To be EXTRA.   And they are exploiting her OTT tendencies for entertainment.   In that light, it seems almost cruel.  

I also wonder how people would react to a man behaving as Maryanne is.   

Edited by millennium
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, millennium said:

Maryanne is exhibiting exactly the kind of behavior ...

Her behavior strikes me as more of a very giddy, excitable eleven-year old than someone in her twenties. I wonder how this extreme personality will affect finding a relationship and getting and holding a job?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Kenzie said:

Her behavior strikes me as more of a very giddy, excitable eleven-year old than someone in her twenties. I wonder how this extreme personality will affect finding a relationship and getting and holding a job?

According to her thread here, she is a seminary student...

And a pet peeve is when people don't listen to her. 

Edited by treeofdreams
  • Love 1
On 4/7/2022 at 7:18 PM, ByaNose said:

She might be good at her job, but she's trying to bring way too much of her job into Survivor, which is a very compressed timeframe & where people don't act like their normal selves,.  She's trying to "diagnose" people she just met a few days ago & who might not be acting like they would in "real life".

It's fun to watch, certainly.

• Love 3

Lots of females have found idols in the past.  I remember the time Parvati gave away two at tribal council.

Romeo mentioned his mother and sisters in a talking head, but a family photo from his childhood shows him with a brother.  I wonder if he has a trans sibling?

When Drea spoke her potato phrase before the challenge Tori instantly alerted and gave her a look.  Tori has already said she will flip, I don’t think it will be just because of her annoyance with Rocksroy.

Omar gave good “social game” with his expression of sympathy towards Maryanne.  

3 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

School me how did he not follow the rules?

Mike found a Beware Advantage, and from the common-sense reading of the note that came with it, he was supposed to say his phrase at the next challenge to attempt to activate it. He did not. He was advised by Daniel to hold off on saying the phrase. 

Now it could be argued that he was under no obligation to say the phrase each and every time there was a challenge. But that at least flies in the face of spirit of the idea that he "must" say the phrase at the next challenge. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Mike found a Beware Advantage, and from the common-sense reading of the note that came with it, he was supposed to say his phrase at the next challenge to attempt to activate it. He did not. He was advised by Daniel to hold off on saying the phrase. 

Now it could be argued that he was under no obligation to say the phrase each and every time there was a challenge. But that at least flies in the face of spirit of the idea that he "must" say the phrase at the next challenge. 

Ty ouch that stings.  I like him because he’s one of the oldsters.  That would stink if he goes to TC thinking he has one and doesn’t .

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

RHAP has been pondering Mike and his idol find. It seems the note was saying one thing and Mike was doing the other. Also, it also appears that all of production might not have been in synch about what Mike could do with the phrase. Basically, RHAP thinks one production person said he could save the phrase until a “merge” and others were telling him otherwise. When Drea found hers production might have wanted everyone to say theirs at the same time. Thus Mike all of the sudden “deciding” to say his phrase. That said, I don’t know how in 2022 everyone in production isn’t on the same page but it’s a theory RHAP mentioned. Especially, after this last episode when Mike finally said his phrase.

• Useful 2

"Maryann's getting worse, right?" Preach, Jonathan. PREACH. 

I doubt that she's getting worse, I'm not sure that's possible. It's that the more time they spend with her, the harder it is to put up with her. 

I can't help but think that Rocksroy is a character name jacked from The Flintstones.

His name always makes me think of Scooby-Doo. "Ruh-roh, it's Rocksroy!"

It's always followed by an awkward silence, made more glaring by Probst breezily moving on from players expressing thoughts that under normal circumstances would make one wonder if he or she were suffering from a severe urinary tract infection.

I'd be worried they were having a stroke. "Help him, he's talking gibberish!"

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I doubt that she's getting worse, I'm not sure that's possible. It's that the more time they spend with her, the harder it is to put up with her.

By Jove, I think you've got it!

2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I'd be worried they were having a stroke. "Help him, he's talking gibberish!"

Oddly enough, UTI's can cause similar symptoms.  

• Love 1
On 4/8/2022 at 1:32 AM, princelina said:

Does anyone "hate" Maryann?  I've seen many people find her annoying, think she's over the top, side with Jonathan about her constant yakking, want to see how others react to her after the merge, think she's overacting, etc.  I haven't seen anyone actually "hate" her for any of these things.

I hope not.  "Hate" is too strong of a term.

Annoying as can be, oh yeah!

I've had co-workers like her.  Even a few hours a day was way too much.

• Love 1

Production seems to have fully dispensed with the stupid rebus clues they had on the side of the immunity challenge structures last season. I wonder how many tears Probst shed when he realized that the audience was not, in fact, playing along?

Perhaps they attempted one this season and Tori rolled her eyes at it. And then Maryanne wouldn't stop talking about it. And then it made Daniel's shoulder spontaneously pop out of its socket.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1