Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E17: Coding

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Orbert said:

It's a catchy song, and he did seem properly aghast when he realized what he'd done.  But his apology somehow wasn't 100% convincing to me, and I was trying to figure out if the actor just wasn't good enough to pull off proper aghastment (aghastity?) or if his character really was thoughtless and was kinda bad at acting sorry.

Meanwhile, my Serial Killer's Apprentice Alarm started going off very loudly.
Bad boyfriend. Very bad boyfriend.

I know it isn't comparable, but many years ago I was badly burned in a house-fire. 

For years after that, people would be talking and casually mention the word "barbecue" or pull out a cigarette and ask someone for "a light", then spin around with a horrified expression on their face and apologize profusely, like they had committed some huge and unforgivable faux pas. It got so bad I had to invent some "crispy critter" jokes I could use to diffuse such situations.

(Ask me about the "Cosmic Radiation Suit" joke, some time )

TPTB may be trying to signal some evil intent on the part of wossname by having him hum that song. But to me, until proven otherwise, it is an unconnected, random event. Just imagine the psychoanalysis that would follow if in the course of normal conversation, he found himself utter the phrase "55 Gallon Drum".

8 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

TPTB may be trying to signal some evil intent on the part of wossname by having him hum that song. But to me, until proven otherwise, it is an unconnected, random event. Just imagine the psychoanalysis that would follow if in the course of normal conversation, he found himself utter the phrase "55 Gallon Drum".

IRL the boyfriend could have hummed the song without recalling where he'd heard it. But on a show, every word counts towards the story.
I just don't think this show is smart enough to have the boyfriend humming that song (and having Chen react to it) be a red herring.
However, the following episode that already aired 

Spoiler

did not mention it.

But then there are 4 more episodes left after that one, including 

🤷‍♀️ 
FWIW, I hated that plot arc, so I hope I'm wrong and you're right, @Netfoot.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

IRL the boyfriend could have hummed the song without recalling where he'd heard it. But on a show, every word counts towards the story.
I just don't think this show is smart enough to have the boyfriend humming that song (and having Chen react to it) be a red herring.

I have to agree with you that every word counts especially since that scene was followed up with Lucy deciding not to testify in her abduction case against Rosalind.  IMO this is leading up to the return of you know who. 

• Useful 2
On 4/4/2022 at 10:04 PM, Aliconehead said:

Pipers dad was Elvin from the Cosby Show.  Interesting story, he was filmed and mocked for working at Traders Joe, which has caused a Little resurgence of his career. 

Elvin should have rushed his daughter to Chastain Memorial Hospital from "The Resident".  His brother-in-law, Theo, is the world's greatest heart surgeon over there and could have performed the surgery at a family discount!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 4/4/2022 at 10:07 AM, shapeshifter said:

Right. Yet another "hanging chad." When we didn't see the car accident victim's husband or son, I was sure it was going to turn out there was no husband or son. And when she was talking about groceries melting in the trunk, I was sure it was a body. But no. Her purpose was to donate a heart at the precise moment that 2 people needed it--including one whose crazy husband was able to set up a cyber attack in the hospital (to hold the heart hostage) with co-conspirators within moments.
And somehow a death at a car accident meant Nolan would be at the hospital. 
But Nyla was already there...

with "just a little bleeding." Seriously?
It was like one writer shoehorned Nolan at the hospital, and another writer shoehorned Nyla at the hospital, and TPTB hoped by including both terrible plot devices, the viewers would be distracted enough not to notice the ghastly contrivances and that:

and that Bailey was there. 

I guess the writers must be getting a list of character requirements for each episode. But these requirements must be concocted by someone whose previous job was sewing crazy quilts.

How many had the first thought that the car accident was caused by family of a prospective recipient?  

• Mind Blown 1