Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Hurricane Warning

• Start Topic

After a heated exchange at dinner, the house attempts to undo the damage; Craig reveals his intentions with Paige; Lindsay admits she may have feelings for Austen; with time running out before their wedding, Kyle pressures Amanda for a prenup.

Original air date 2022.04.04

An employment recruiter shows up out of nowhere, and didn’t leave Ciara much of an opportunity to discuss nursing jobs in NYC. I believe this was just a scene in the show. I have been in the workforce for many years and have never had lunch with a recruiter or future supervisor.

• Love 5

So was that Amanda’s bright green thong (that matched her bright green pants) showing when she bent over to help clean up at the house?  Later her “nude” bra was showing under her white crop top, too.

I’m glad Cierra and Lindsay worked it out.  Austen is so not worth it.

• Love 2

This episode reeked of production. I honestly think the wine glass was staged. There was talk of bruising but Danielle seemed perfectly fine. She wasn’t cut. For crying out loud somebody cut me off on the GSP and slammed on their brakes and I rear ended them and only had light bruises from my seat belt (in August, wearing a t-shirt).

I’m old enough to remember this 🙄

82655E6B-8E21-405C-920F-71BD5AA34185.jpeg

• LOL 2
(edited)

Ciara is embarrassing herself for loser Austen? Lmao. Somehow it’s Lindsey’s fault too Ciara went crazy? Shut up Mya. Take your rage out on goofy dbag Austen dummies.

Andrea needs to shut up. This random obsession of a love he’s lost. He’s just trying to cover up he lost his obsession Paige to Craig lol. He’s totally the guy tho who always has some obsession like he’s deeply in love when it’s just a game and cycle for him. He’s so annoying. My initial feelings about him from Winter House were true I think. He seemed not bad at the beginning of Summer House. He’s ust a player who pretends to be this romantic Italian. He’s a famewhore too. I mean he changed his last name to Denver like how lame lol.

Craig seems to understand what a loser Austen is. He seemed to be trying to get thru to Lindsey too. I kind of like him and Paige together they seem cute.

Luke is so cute. Not with that moustache tho lol.

Kyle is such a sloppy drunk. So unattractive.

Amanda was annoying acting as Kyle. She’s actually kind of always annoying to me.

Carl is right about prenups. Amanda is being stupid about it. She’s an idiot. I’m sure her dumb little friends will hype her up and say shes somehow right about not wanting one even tho she’s an idiot and completely wrong.

Robert is getting a job in Charleston? Is this for real or some fake crossover move to further intertwine the shows.

I doubt Ciara gets back into nursing. She’s got too much of a taste of being a famewhore. Maybe I’m wrong tho.

Still can’t get over how anyone is fighting over Austen. He’s the worst out of every guy on Southern Charm and Summer House lol. Well maybe he’s better then Thomas Ravenal but that’s not hard lol.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Marley said:

Ciara is embarrassing herself for loser Austen? Lmao. Somehow it’s Lindsey’s fault too Ciara went crazy? Shut up Mya. Take your rage out on goofy dbag Austen dummies.

I doubt Ciara gets back into nursing. She’s got too much of a taste of being a famewhore. Maybe I’m wrong tho.

Still can’t get over how anyone is fighting over Austen. He’s the worst out of every guy on Southern Charm and Summer House lol. Well maybe he’s better then Thomas Ravenal but that’s not hard lol.

This may sound like an over-exaggeration, but I actually find Ciara walking away from nursing for reality show to be the worst thing I've heard anyone do on this show.  I hope it's not true, but it may be one of those mistakes we make when we're young, but you come to your senses when you're older and get back into it.  I'm not saying that it you've trained as a nurse, you need to stay one.  Not at all.  But for THIS?!!  That IS a mistake.

If this Austen obsession Ciara has is real, then that means that Ciara has never been in a real relationship.  Nobody who has experienced The Real Thing would debase themselves for something so subpar.  Your standards change after you've been in love.  Actually, everything changes after you've been in love.  Ciara is like a young teenage girl who's chasing the feeling of first love.  I mean, it's fine, lots of people don't get into a real relationship until they're in their 30s, but I do feel very uncomfortable with the fact that she's degrading herself for such a useless, disgusting piece of shit.

• Love 9

How embarrassing for both Lindsey and Ciara for fighting over Austen when it was Austen that played both of them like fine violins.  He came in and instigated all this shit between the girls and walked away unscathed.  He must be laughing his ass off at how far the girls went with this while he sat back and took no blame.  When 99% of the blame is on him.  They should have talked about it and then they would have realized how Austen stirred the pot the whole time he was there.

It was nice of Craig to try and explain to Lindsey how it made Ciara feel.  Not sure she could see it because its all about Lindsey all the time.  Nice try though.

Love Luke still.

• Love 14

So wait, Danielle thought she played no role in escalating that argument? She also threw a glass and looked to have something else in her hand while being forcibly held back and screaming threats. How does she not feel a need to apologize as well?  Ciara was nothing but contrite about losing her cool, it would've been nice to see both Danielle & Lindsey acknowledge their part in the situation.

I also completely understand Ciara taking a break from nursing now while she can. I can't imagine being a nurse during covid, especially working in the ICU. She has the financial means to do it and can always go back to it later. Not sure why it's any different because she's an RN. 

I'm in favor of a pre-nup. However, a year or two ago Kyle asked Amanda to quit her corporate gig at L'Occitane to handle marketing for Loverboy so she should have an ownership stake in the company maybe not 50% but some vested interest.  Those are discussions that should've happened at the time, not mere weeks before the wedding. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

My feeling is that when one party waits so close to the wedding date to talk about a pre-nup they are doing so to use time as a cudgel to force a better result for themselves.

• Love 6
(edited)

I'm not sure how it will resolve, or if it's storyline-driven, but to me pre-nup acceptance has seemed pretty binary in my experience (of watching others).  Either you get (understand) it, or you're irritated/insulted.  I'm not sure I've seen many minds change or much of a middle ground.

Edited by Lassus
  • Love 4

I'm sick of Kyle saying his "investors" keep asking him about a pre-nup. Who the hell says that?  Grow some balls and tell her you want a pre-nup and why.  He's such a freakin baby. Doesn't matter anyway, Amanda won't sign one. That is going to be one ugly divorce, especially if she gets her parents involved which you know she will and then throw a couple of kids in the mix and you have a recipe for trainwreck divorce of the century!

Ciara has a temper. Lindsey is a selfish bitch. Danielle is annoying. Paige is immature. Andrea cries too much (almost as much as Kyle), Luke is pretty and Carl is still a lost puppy which Lindsey is going to pounce on and devour as soon as all her other options have taken a hike. 

****Andrea was on WWHL with his girlfriend in the audience. This is the girl he was crying over, apparently they got back together. She's got fried blond hair with black roots. Not what I pictured Andrea to be attracted to. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

**Andrea was on WWHL with his girlfriend in the audience. This is the girl he was crying over, apparently they got back together. She's got fried blond hair with black roots. Not what I pictured Andrea to be attracted to. 

I think she's pretty.  A bit older maybe, I read somewhere she used to be a model on Project Runway 

Andrea-Denver-and-Girlfriend-Lexi-Sundin.jpg

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 4/5/2022 at 12:32 AM, Marley said:

Robert is getting a job in Charleston? Is this for real or some fake crossover move to further intertwine the shows.

I hope not, Danielle and Robert have to the dullest couple and I do not want to see them on Southern Charm.  

On 4/5/2022 at 9:33 AM, gaPeach said:

It was nice of Craig to try and explain to Lindsey how it made Ciara feel.  Not sure she could see it because its all about Lindsey all the time.  Nice try though.

Craig is great when he's not around Austen.  He can be a nob sometimes but he's a good egg.

So did Alex die?  Where is he?  I guess his personality just didn't translate well to reality t.v. but it seems kinda rude to just pretend like he never existed.  No one even mentions him =(

• Love 6
On 4/6/2022 at 2:05 PM, Dirtybubble said:

I hope not, Danielle and Robert have to the dullest couple and I do not want to see them on Southern Charm.  

Craig is great when he's not around Austen.  He can be a nob sometimes but he's a good egg.

So did Alex die?  Where is he?  I guess his personality just didn't translate well to reality t.v. but it seems kinda rude to just pretend like he never existed.  No one even mentions him =(

There have been write ups all over social media about Alex and his presence (or lack of it) on the show.  Apparently the storylines this season are so fascinating and have so many moving parts that there was no room for Alex.

That’s their story and they’re sticking to it.

• LOL 5
42 minutes ago, Marley said:

I kind of forgot Alex was ever on the show lol.

He seemed like a genuine guy, a little boring but good-hearted… so of course he didn’t stick around with these assholes calling the shots.  Isn’t Kyle one of the producers?  I thought I read that the show was his idea so he can kick people out..

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Marley said:

I got a he thinks he’s better then ppl vibe from Alex so I don’t miss him.

I never really got that vibe from him.  I've always heard from reality tv people that you have to "be on" 110% and maybe his personality just isn't such.

According to this article he will be back at some point and he'll be at the reunion.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 4/5/2022 at 10:52 AM, Lassus said:

I'm not sure how it will resolve, or if it's storyline-driven, but to me pre-nup acceptance has seemed pretty binary in my experience (of watching others).  Either you get (understand) it, or you're irritated/insulted.  I'm not sure I've seen many minds change or much of a middle ground.

Now that I'm older and going through a divorce, I WISH I had done a prenup.  It didn't even occur to me because we were younger and really didn't much to our name.  By the way, what kind of investors ask about a prenup?  It seems more like to me that Kyle really does want a prenup but doesn't have the balls to say it himself, so he says 'others' keep bringing it up.  And Amanda?  Listen to what Carl said, he said it makes sense.  If you get a prenup now, Kyle doesn't have the ability to try to screw you out of profits, etc. later when you inevitably divorce.   

I totally forgot about Alex.  He just seems too normal and has a lack of confidence.  Will he be a one seasoner like Jules?  I think that was her name right?  

It didn't take long for Carl to lose interest in McKenzie.  While I think waiting a year until he's sober one year is wise, it seems like a cop out, especially since we know he starts dating Lyndsay a month or so later?  Or did they start dating after one year sobriety?  Either way, he looked horrible with the mustache while playing volleyball.

Speaking of volleyball, I felt so old watching because I wouldn't be in either group, I'd be in the 70s group.  Although Kyle is pretty close to the 70s group too since he was born in '82.

Edited by KLJ
  • Love 5

I don’t think Carl lost interest.  It really is a standing rule in sobriety that recovery does not include starting a new relationship.  The goal in the first year is to focus on the 12 steps and get through the first year.  He isn’t anywhere near the 12 months yet.  So he is doing the right thing by pulling back.  If she truly cares for him, she will be there at the end of the 12 months.  Maturity on Carl’s part in recognizing this before it started to interfere with his progress.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

Every time Amanda stuck out her lip to make an "awww" face about Craig I wanted to push it right back in. She'd just asked him what were his intentions toward her friend. What he said was he could see getting serious with her, not that he had a ring in his pocket. It's probably true, but if not, it's not like he was going to tell Amanda he was using her friend for sex and publicity.

Twice we saw a scene with people remarking on the mess in the kitchen and dining room, followed by seeing Ciara walking down the stairs. Twice I was fooled into thinking she was going to go help clean up. Gullible me.

I don't know about the investors and the pre-nup. They're likely to be older guys with money, just the sort who would know the importance of a pre-nup. They might encourage Kyle and Amanda to have one in hopes of protecting their investments.

On 4/4/2022 at 10:13 PM, APK said:

An employment recruiter shows up out of nowhere, and didn’t leave Ciara much of an opportunity to discuss nursing jobs in NYC.

Jami wasn't a recruiter; she was an ER nurse who probably wanted a nice lunch and a little camera time. This is pure speculation, I think the show wanted to rehabilitate Ciara's image a little. She got a lot of love in her first season for being a nurse. She hardly mentioned her career during Winter House and people seemed to be wondering. This scene gave her a chance to remind us about her work.

On 4/7/2022 at 10:40 PM, heatherchandler said:

Isn’t Kyle one of the producers?  I thought I read that the show was his idea so he can kick people out..

Kyle isn't listed as a producer on Summer House. You might be thinking of the story behind the show, that Kyle found the share house and put together the group. I don't think he can kick people out and I don't think he cares who's in as long as the show, and the paycheck, go on.

Edited by Passing Strange
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 4/8/2022 at 7:29 PM, b2H said:

I don’t think Carl lost interest.  It really is a standing rule in sobriety that recovery does not include starting a new relationship.  The goal in the first year is to focus on the 12 steps and get through the first year.  He isn’t anywhere near the 12 months yet.  So he is doing the right thing by pulling back.  If she truly cares for him, she will be there at the end of the 12 months.  Maturity on Carl’s part in recognizing this before it started to interfere with his progress.

Ok so that is what I was wondering, did he start dating Lindsay at the end of the 12 month rule?  I kinda don't think so because I remember from the previews it seemed like Carl and Linds were a couple by the time the wedding rolled around.  *shrug* So it's like he completely abandoned the idea.  IDK, all I have to say is good luck to him!  Linds seems obnoxious and her behavior would be enough to start anyone drinking again.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I think they've been in a relationship at least since September, after summer season filming wrapped and before the wedding was filmed. It's all optics because he is very open about his addictions and it would set a bad example for others who are in the program and/or are struggling. Carl knows he couldn't publicly confirm before his 12 months were up.

Lindsey's Instagram has a lot of photos of them together from that time period.

• Love 2

Unless I’m remembering wrong Carl and Lindsey tried dating before but I think he ended it because he was still in his alcoholic fuck boi days back then. So maybe him being sober it will work. I’m probably giving these ppl too much credit but for some reason I’m rooting for Lindsey and Carl lol. I feel like a lot of her behaviour this season is because she does want a family and kids but keeps picking shit guys and now she’s 35 so she’s pretending she doesn’t care. Again I’m sure I’m giving too much credit but oh well lol.

• Love 4