Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Keep You Safe

• Start Topic

Severide and Kidd work with CPD regarding a suspicious car wreck. Hawkins and Violet's relationship is in jeopardy. Chloe and Cruz adjust to a new family dynamic.

Airdate: 04/06/2022

When there's a big accident that closes down the street, I wonder who has to clean all that up? That might be a more interesting show.

I got a laugh out of Herrmann coaching Cruz on the parent-teacher conference. "Your daughter glued another girl's head to the table." "Why would you use glue that strong with kids? See - you gotta flip it around!" "Why would you let teenagers use actual scissors? You should have seen it coming!"

OK, I get that Cruz and Chloe horsing around with Javi was meant to show us how much Javi loves being with them and how they are all having fun, but wasn't there a baby sleeping somewhere in that apartment?

I kind of like the new EMT. She didn't pull any punches with the hockey players. I'm not sure why Violet seemed kind of put off by that.

I'm not even going to comment on the continuing saga of CSI: Stella. I've resigned myself to the fact that she's apparently the star and savior of the show now, although I will never understand why.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

How long has Violet been around the fire department that she doesn't understand the firefighter wireless that goes around?  The minute that A-61 went to the front of the repair line, it was noticed.  Then she and Hawkins were spotted kissing.  It would be all over the FD within a shift.  Hell, even Casey would know about it out in Oregon.  But she thinks that Galloboy ratted her out because he wants her.  Anyway, now more draaaama since her partner, the new medic, is hitting on Gallo.

21 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

the continuing saga of CSI: Stella.

She even feels the need to step on the new officer and tell him what to do.  In the real world, phone calls would be made.  Conferences would be held.  Counseling would be administered.  But not here.  Stella is protected. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

How long has Violet been around the fire department that she doesn't understand the firefighter wireless that goes around?  The minute that A-61 went to the front of the repair line, it was noticed.  Then she and Hawkins were spotted kissing.  It would be all over the FD within a shift.  Hell, even Casey would know about it out in Oregon.  But she thinks that Galloboy ratted her out because he wants her.  Anyway, now more draaaama since her partner, the new medic, is hitting on Gallo.

She even feels the need to step on the new officer and tell him what to do.  In the real world, phone calls would be made.  Conferences would be held.  Counseling would be administered.  But not here.  Stella is protected. 

The best and most asinine line was when she told the girl: "I will do everything in my power to keep you safe. That's a promise."

• Love 5
(edited)

When will the aunt or uncle wanting to get custody of Javi show up? I wish they would just let them be a happy family.

At least next week looks like a Boden-centric episode. Yay! Love me some Chief!

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

When will the aunt or uncle wanting to get custody of Javi show up? I wish they would just let them be a happy family.

After they've made a decision to adopt him and the process is underway.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 4/7/2022 at 9:18 AM, iMonrey said:

I'm not even going to comment on the continuing saga of CSI: Stella. I've resigned myself to the fact that she's apparently the star and savior of the show now, although I will never understand why.

Yes! Yes! And she’s even more amazingly wonderful than Gabby.  Is there anything she cannot do? 

On 4/7/2022 at 10:56 AM, preeya said:

The best and most asinine line was when she told the girl: "I will do everything in my power to keep you safe. That's a promise."

Definitely this. Last I checked, Stella isn't the CPD and doesn't carry a weapon. She's a Lieutenant in the CFD. She doesn't have ANY power to keep Adriana safe. But of course, this show just has to bend itself over backwards and forwards to show how damn great Stella Kidd is. Gabby was suffocating the show. Stella is enveloping the show.