Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Making Dead Things Look Nice

• Start Topic

At least we got some good Konstantin scenes before Pam got to him with the pizza cutter. The scenes on that island, a bit unnecessary, I thought. Or were there any big revelations that I missed?
That series finale next week has to deliver a lot.

• Love 4

My my, this episode was such a bore... I thought that they found their footing with the flashback but it was more an exception :-/ I was even unfazed by them killing off Konstantin, even though I love the character. And seriously, what is the point of introducing yet another deadly female assassin so late in the season? Just to create a (very unconvincing) love triangle? And that cliffhanger, meh...

At least, they addressed the fact that Eve has a completely fucked-up behaviour but that did not amount to much (except some cameos from earlier seasons).

• Love 4

I'm even more confused than I was last week.  Who is Eve working for?  Why was she carrying shopping bags for some rich woman?  How does Eve know where Konstantin is staying?  (That's a hold over question from last week.  I guess the question this week is why didn't he find a new place since Eve knows where he is?)  Why would Helene, a super assassin, not have her phone locked?  Why did Helene order Konstantin killed?  How did Villanelle know where the other killer's island is?  How did Eve?  What is the point of this season???

• Love 7

That series finale next week has to deliver a lot.

I don’t know how they’ve managed it, but this season has been such a jumbled mess I simultaneously feel like the finale has way too much to tie up and not nearly enough.  

The “way too much” is all this vague, rambling, and needlessly convoluted stuff about the Twelve, and the “not nearly enough” is that they frustratingly didn’t build at all very well to any satisfying climax to Eve and Villanelle’s relationship.  I should be feeling “ohmigod I can’t stand having to wait a week until I see how this all ends,” but instead I’m feeling “meh.”

• Love 8

I agree, I'm hoping that they complete everything, and give all of us answers, but I'm afraid they won't.      I'm hoping for a resolution to all of the storylines, and a lot of answers.   I hope Carolyn finds out who killed her son, and why.    I can't wait for the final two episodes this week.   

• Love 2

Only one final episode (episode 8) if you have already seen this one. The people who were a week behind are catching up at the last minute!

I actually haven't watched this one yet. The fact that I have ignored it for days and not cared about being spoiled by this thread should tell you how much I've been enjoying this season.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I will try to keep my comments in this thread confined to episode 7 but it is a bit tough to distinguish where this one ended and 8 began. 

I actually gasped out loud when Eve had that flashback, not just because of the appearance of Bill & Elena (still don't care about Nico/Niko, I don't even remember how to spell his name), but because it so perfectly tied in to what we saw with the first appearance of Eve - MASSIVELY hungover from a drunken karaoke bash the night before. I thought it was a great call-back, coupled with her session with Martin, to how "boring" and "normal" her life was and how she's been truly undone wrestling with the darkness inside of her. Great stuff by Sandra Oh, yet again. 

I did appreciate that Yusuf was like, "You're even more effed up than I thought. See you later, alligator." and he was unharmed. He was the only new character that I felt they introduced successfully this season. 

I will miss Papa Bear Konstantin even if I hated all of the time they wasted on him training Pam. I was hoping that after she killed him, she would throw herself off a pier. Although I did think the tenderness she showed with his body was really lovely. 

Something that confused me though - Pam got a digital "postcard" saying Margate -- Sunday Funday. Obviously she thought she was taking orders from Helene hence her shock when she learned she was dead. But who sent her that postcard? Helene was already dead when they showed her receiving it and by that point, Eve had Helene's phone. I suppose the order could have come from someone else but that was a really sloppy script continuity error. 

Too much time wasted on the island with Gunn but I did appreciate some of the little comedic bits served up by Villanelle. Remembering how she wanted to shack up with Eve in a cabin and then experiencing what living in an actual cabin (or in her case, barn) was actually like. And her facial expressions when she was eating the leaves and when Gunn sniffed her cracked me up. I guess there CAN be an even bigger nutter than Villanelle and that nutter is Gunn. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, MicheleinPhilly said:

I guess there CAN be an even bigger nutter than Villanelle and that nutter is Gunn. 

Is it supposed to be ironic that "Gunn" only seems to use crossbows and machetes?

• LOL 3
On 4/3/2022 at 4:45 AM, Aulty said:

The scenes on that island, a bit unnecessary, I thought.

To show that there's someone even nuttier than Villanelle?

I loved how Villanelle sneered "Amateur" at Eve for only maiming Gunn, not killing her.

I also loved hearing Shirley Bassey.

Carolyn continues to be one of the best things about this show.

• Love 2

- The Killing Eve prequel show should be entitled: Carolyn's Milkshake. Even 40 years later, her good thang is still bringing all the boys to the yard. And damn right, it's better than yours!

- Bye, Konstantin. I used to really enjoy you, but I didn't care much about your storyline this season.

- Even though I don't care about Pam, I think she'll make an excellent assassin. She's nondescript--almost invisible. She could be a domestic, a doctor, or a passerby. She's not beautiful; nor is she unattractive. I'd never single her out in a crowd. I always felt someone like Villanelle would stand out too much, even when she isn't wearing high fashion clown pajamas. Pam will never have that problem. And that's a good thing in her line of work. Sometimes being a basic bitch has its benefits.

- I love how the other female assassin lives. I always appreciate that kind of rustic beauty. She enjoys her independence -- and the fact that she killed everyone in her village, apparently.

• Love 4

Was that guy still alive when Gunn gutted him? Dang, kinda harsh.

Yusuf put the F in fun all right. And the F in foine.

Gunn is cuckoo for cocoa puffs. Now Villanelle has to figure out how she'll get off the island after she kills Gunn.

I don't understand why Eve would go to that island unarmed.

• Love 1