Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Ripples

• Start Topic

HOME ALONE - When Maggie's (Sarah Jeffery) demon-hunting leads her down a dangerous path, Mel (Melonie Diaz) decides it's time for them to take a break - and books the sisters for a weekend getaway. Meanwhile the new Charmed One (Lucy Barrett) is left in charge of the Command Center for the first time... which doesn't go as well as anyone hopes. Joe Gallagher directed the episode written by Tommy Cook & Carolyn Townsend (#404). Original airdate 4/1/2022.

Maybe I missed something, but I thought Mel said the spa was in the midwest. Yet when the board showed them in danger it looked like somewhere off the west coast of the US. 

Decent enough episode, but I'm not loving the addition of magical spas and magical clubs. There's suddenly just too much of that. 

They are also still skipping over basic steps. Kaela shouldn't already know spells that are recited in Latin, and throwing in a line about her doing some light reading doesn't cover it either. I mean, how convenient she happened to have memorized that exact spell just when it would come in handy hours later.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Maybe I missed something, but I thought Mel said the spa was in the midwest. Yet when the board showed them in danger it looked like somewhere off the west coast of the US. 

Looks like intersection of the Indiana, Michigan, Ohio border.Charmedmap.thumb.jpg.2ed9a66b5994e79ea5fd00a3d1805cf6.jpg

Not a bad episode, though I'm already so so SO bored with the big bad tallyman. 

And how old is Kaela supposed to be? I must have missed it originally. Maggie still acts like the youngest

• Love 1

The show is decent and produces decent episodes but will they ever get past the decent stage? 

They spent all of 5 seconds on Maggie's "incarceration" and RIGHT OFF TO THE SPA WE GO.....like huh? This show has a very hard time of finding a balance because now everything is magical. The sisters cant do anything that isnt run by magic and it just lessons the stories. 

Kaelas powers are already advancing 4 episodes in. First her drawings left the page but now they don't need to leave the page to manifest. I dont think they have written any real rules surrounding her powers. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

They spent all of 5 seconds on Maggie's "incarceration"

That was the most interesting part of the episode. I wonder if we'll hear anything more about it, like court & conviction. As for the spa, that's what Charmed has always done, create some stupid magical thing that never came up before, like magic school in the original show.

• Love 1
On 4/4/2022 at 12:58 AM, mammaM said:

And how old is Kaela supposed to be? I must have missed it originally. Maggie still acts like the youngest

I think in the first episode of this season Mell said that Kayla was 26; it was something along the lines of "if you're 26 and I'm 28, I suppose mom could have had a baby and I wouldn't remember." 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 4/4/2022 at 10:43 PM, christie said:

I think in the first episode of this season Mell said that Kayla was 26; it was something along the lines of "if you're 26 and I'm 28, I suppose mom could have had a baby and I wouldn't remember." 

Thank you. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but now I kinda want to know what the hell is up with the mom. If Mel is 28 and Kayla is 26 that means Maggie is 27 and Macy was 30(?). What made mom give up child #1 and #4 but keep #2 and #3?

Inquiring minds want to know ( or maybe I'm just really bored😂)

Edited by mammaM
Spelling
  • Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, mammaM said:

Thank you. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but now I kinda want to know what the hell is up with the mom. If Mel is 28 and Kayla is 26 that means Maggie is 27 and Macy was 30(?). What made mom give up child #1 and #4 but keep #2 and #3?

Inquiring minds want to know ( or maybe I'm just really bored😂)

I think Maggie is about 20 (in one of the previous seasons (season 2?) they said that she was 19). When Macy showed up they mentioned that she was 28 and then I think she had a birthday and was 29 when she died. So the mum gave up kids 1 and 3. We already know why she gave up Macy but why did she also give up Kayla? Maybe the mum has an aversion to odd numbers 🤷‍♀️😂

Edited by christie
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, christie said:

I think Maggie is about 20 (in one of the previous seasons (season 2?) they said that she was 19). When Macy showed up they mentioned that she was 28 and then I think she had a birthday and was 29 when she died. So the mum gave up kids 1 and 3. We already know why she gave up Macy but why did she also give up Kayla? Maybe the mum has an aversion to odd numbers 🤷‍♀️😂

Odd numbers are evil...

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

At least they know who they're fighting against now.  I don't mind the Tallyman villain since at least he's slightly more defined, though they are killing off innocents every episode, which is a downer.  I agree the new sister's power progression is a bit of a mess and her taking the lead in that bath bomb solution while Mel was off-screen was hard to believe.  The new music powers guy is sort of likeable.  The new sister is fitting in reasonably well, considering.  As much as I like Harry, it was sort of more focused without him taking up a third subplot.