Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: It's Lonely Out in Space

• Start Topic

I am probably a voice in the wilderness but I find Mariana's theft of IP to be objectionable and I hope she suffers severely for it.

Aside from the reality that buying beauty items through the internet is not earth shattering and there are numerous places that have subscriptions for grooming aids.

It is not even a big deal to have internet connected stuff which provides data regarding need for refills. I have an ink subscription with HP and they automatically send me a refill when my ink supply is low. I also have Aera diffusers which are controlled by my iPhone and the alert me to the level of fragrance. I am sure that they could be modified slightly in order to communicate with Aera since the fragrance capsules have bar codes and so the diffusers know what scent is in a diffuser and how much is left. 

1 hour ago, amarante said:

I am probably a voice in the wilderness but I find Mariana's theft of IP to be objectionable and I hope she suffers severely for it.

Aside from the reality that buying beauty items through the internet is not earth shattering and there are numerous places that have subscriptions for grooming aids.

It is not even a big deal to have internet connected stuff which provides data regarding need for refills. I have an ink subscription with HP and they automatically send me a refill when my ink supply is low. I also have Aera diffusers which are controlled by my iPhone and the alert me to the level of fragrance. I am sure that they could be modified slightly in order to communicate with Aera since the fragrance capsules have bar codes and so the diffusers know what scent is in a diffuser and how much is left. 

It's an insane plot, but the only smidgen of a point is that Jackie literally stole the actual Bulk Beauty code and used it to start Revitalize (or whatever this new company is called). But yes, don't get me wrong, the plot is AWFUL. As I've said before, my wife won't let me watch the show with her if I make fun of Mariana (as all of her plots are laughably bad), but even she has begun to grow weary of just how stupid her plots are, especially here, where nothing she is doing is anything any real person would ever do in a million years.

• Love 1

Yeah, I never quite understood why it would be such a competitive thing, as if it is a unique thing only one company can do. 

Isn't Dennis supposed to be much older than the rest of the residents? Why is he acting like a middle schooler? Gael's story would be much more interesting if they focused on his career because the pregnancy story is too contrived. 

I guess the show runners are lost. They probably did this whole project with Maia in mind and now they don't know whet to do with the other characters which is weird to me, I always thought Callie was the worst character and easily replaceable as far as plots go. I anticipate that this is going to be the last season, maybe they will push through one more but that will be it

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, circumvent said:

I guess the show runners are lost. They probably did this whole project with Maia in mind and now they don't know whet to do with the other characters which is weird to me, I always thought Callie was the worst character and easily replaceable as far as plots go. I anticipate that this is going to be the last season, maybe they will push through one more but that will be it

It was always this weird thing where the two main characters got the dumbest plots, but while Callie's plots were stupid, too, Maia Mitchell always had that certain je ne sais quoi that made it still seem like it made sense for her to be the lead of the show and Cierra Ramirez...does not. 

2 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Maia Mitchell always had that certain je ne sais quoi that made it still seem like it made sense for her to be the lead of the show and Cierra Ramirez...does not. 

Funny, think it is the exact opposite. Never got the allure of Maia Mitchell. I find her extremely bland. Pretty, but in a boring way. As for talent, nothing of notice. Just average

(edited)

I don't get what Mariana is doing. Jackie stole her code, so I don't feel bad that Mariana is stealing intel from her, but I don't get the point. They showed us that the other women on the team are pretty useless. Like the Bulk Beauty women, they need Mariana to both do their coding and pitch their brand.  So if Mariana just didn't work there they'd fall apart and Bulk Beauty would beat them at this very stupid idea of "sustainable beauty products."  So why not just work where she wants to work?

Also, I guess they are pitching these beauty products on exclusive deals? Why would any one agree to that. Wouldn't they want their products on both Bulk Beauty and Revitalize?

Maybe I am just old, but Dennis's TikTok video did not make me want to go to his food truck. I would also never think to ask a food truck about a bathroom.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I don't get what Mariana is doing. Jackie stole her code, so I don't feel bad that Mariana is stealing intel from her, but I don't get the point. They showed us that the other women on the team are pretty useless. Like the Bulk Beauty women, they need Mariana to both do their coding and pitch their brand.  So if Mariana just didn't work there they'd fall apart and Bulk Beauty would beat them at this very stupid idea of "sustainable beauty products."  So why not just work where she wants to work?

Also, I guess they are pitching these beauty products on exclusive deals? Why would any one agree to that. Wouldn't they want their products on both Bulk Beauty and Revitalize?

Maybe I am just old, but Dennis's TikTok video did not make me want to go to his food truck. I would also never think to ask a food truck about a bathroom.

Excellent points on Mariana's plot. 

Is the bathroom and food truck thing real? I also don't get that people ask to use the bathroom while walking to a food truck. I alwys thought that those trucks are parked close to businesses so workers can easily get some lunch. But if they are at work, they can use the work's bathroom. 

In Los Angeles, if your food truck is in one spot for more than an hour it must be within 200 feet of a public bathroom or a bathroom that allows your patrons to use it. 

The rationale is that food trucks which don’t move around are competing with restaurants and should be forced to comply with the same standards. If you have the kind of food truck where you move around then you don’t need the bathroom. There are classic food trucks that will cover established routes and just stay for a bit. Typically they show up at construction sites. 

On 4/2/2022 at 9:43 PM, amarante said:

In Los Angeles, if your food truck is in one spot for more than an hour it must be within 200 feet of a public bathroom or a bathroom that allows your patrons to use it. 

The rationale is that food trucks which don’t move around are competing with restaurants and should be forced to comply with the same standards. If you have the kind of food truck where you move around then you don’t need the bathroom. There are classic food trucks that will cover established routes and just stay for a bit. Typically they show up at construction sites. 

That makes sense, I think. Still weird that someone who buys food at a food truck asks to use the bathroom. Maybe it is just me

1 hour ago, circumvent said:

That makes sense, I think. Still weird that someone who buys food at a food truck asks to use the bathroom. Maybe it is just me

It is not to provide a bathroom for patrons of a food truck. No one thinks that the numerous patrons of a food truck are going to need a bathroom and they don’t have access. 

It is to level the playing field between food trucks that are essentially restaurants because they park in one spot all day and compete with restaurants in the immediate vicinity.

That is why the bathroom requirement is only applicable if the truck remains in one place for more than an hour. If it moves around it is generally catering (no pun intended) to a different type of patrons than a truck which parks where it is stationary for a long time. The food trucks thst move around provide food for workers who wouldn’t be going to a restaurant such as construction workers. They would generally have to bring food if there were no trucks available on site. 

• Love 1

It is not to provide a bathroom for patrons of a food truck. No one thinks that the numerous patrons of a food truck are going to need a bathroom and they don’t have access. 

It is to level the playing field between food trucks that are essentially restaurants because they park in one spot all day and compete with restaurants in the immediate vicinity.

That is why the bathroom requirement is only applicable if the truck remains in one place for more than an hour. If it moves around it is generally catering (no pun intended) to a different type of patrons than a truck which parks where it is stationary for a long time. The food trucks thst move around provide food for workers who wouldn’t be going to a restaurant such as construction workers. They would generally have to bring food if there were no trucks available on site. 

I get the idea. I just find it weird that they did put that in the episode, the people asking for a bathroom because I just don't see people asking where the bathroom is while buying the food. But I guess they needed the drama in the story, they needed to make Gael jealous or whatever they are going with that story

5 hours ago, amarante said:

It makes sense to level the playing field, but what's weird is that not just one, but two customers asked about a bathroom. Even if there is a law about it, it would never occur to me to ask a food truck about a bathroom. I'd just go look for a public bathroom. I guess it was for the "humor" of them all having to go into the studio.

Unless Dennis's food was supposed to be bad or something.

On 4/1/2022 at 11:54 AM, circumvent said:

Isn't Dennis supposed to be much older than the rest of the residents? Why is he acting like a middle schooler?

Yeah most of the Coterie is 22-25ish, Dennis is 35 or so. 

On 4/4/2022 at 6:30 PM, KaveDweller said:

It makes sense to level the playing field, but what's weird is that not just one, but two customers asked about a bathroom. Even if there is a law about it, it would never occur to me to ask a food truck about a bathroom. I'd just go look for a public bathroom. I guess it was for the "humor" of them all having to go into the studio.

Unless Dennis's food was supposed to be bad or something.

Yeah it was for the humor I guess. I may ask a food truck where the closest public restroom was if I wasn’t familiar with the area. 

Dennis and Isabella is not odd to me- since his son died, Dennis has had so much regret, he wants to be needed, he wants to do right by the world. Not that I think he would ever be inappropriate or anything with Isabella (in a way that would make her uncomfy), but he has a “Capt Save a Wounded Bird” complex. He wants to be knight in shining armor.