Type keyword(s) to search

Killing It - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Killing It is a Comedy TV Series with all ten half-hour episodes airing Thursday, April 14 on Peacock.
Filmed in New Orleans, LA.
NUP_197301_00001.jpg

NUP_197301_00002.jpg

Craig
killingseries8-1080x720.jpg

Craig Robinson plays Craig, a down on his luck bank security guard who is currently living inside a 24-hour gym, whose his car recently caught on fire. Craig wishes to get a $20,000 loan to buy some land of his own, in Miami-Dade County Florida. He is willing to do anything to make his American Dreams come true, even compete in a state-sponsored python hunt. He becomes a millionaire who has climbed the social ladder by… killing snakes for the government. Killing It explores America's quasi-religious obsession with entrepreneurship and wealth, while also being funny. 

Camille,     Vanessa
NUP_196726_02900.jpg

Stephanie Nogueras plays Camille, Craig's ex-wife with whom he uneasily co-parents their pre-teen daughter, Vanessa (played by Jet Miller). Camille is making plans to move to Columbus, Ohio.

Jillian,     Camille,     Carlos/Marco   
killingseries4-1080x720.jpg.webp

David Barrera plays Carlos/Marco, the boyfriend of Camille.

Claudia O’Doherty plays Jillian, a down-on-her-luck  Australian Uber driver who introduces Craig to the bizarre world of snake hunting, where there is currently a $20,000 bounty prize in a Burmese Python hunting contest.

Rodney Lamonca,  Isaiah   
peacock-killing-it-image-3.jpg?auto=webp
Rell Battle plays Craig’s younger brother Isaiah, whose version of the American Dream is a lot less legal than that of his brother.

Tim Heidecker plays Rodney Lamonca 

Brock,    Corby  
NUP_196538_00139.jpg
Scott Macarthur plays Brock, a rival snake hunter and aspiring social media star. 

Wyatt Walter plays Corby, Brock’s teenage son and reluctant cameraman.

Cast  Also Includes:
John Early
D'Arcy Carden

Peacock has released Episode 1 early, episode 1 is available for viewing now.

S01.E01: Pilot
peacock-killing-it-image-1.jpg?auto=webp

A divorced, down-on-his-luck single father named Craig tries to apply for a loan to start a new business, but an encounter with an Australian Uber driver changes his life forever.

Killing It           Thursday, April 14           Peacock  

Episodes 2-10    Titles and Descriptions 

Spoiler

S01.E02: Kickoff

The South Florida Python Challenge begins; with $20,000 on the line, Craig decides to compete alone while Jillian scrambles to find a new partner.screen-shot-2022-03-23-at-6-03-01-pm.png

peacock-killing-it-image-2.jpg?auto=webp

S01.E03: Dominine

Craig attends a conference to pitch the saw palmetto idea to his hero; Isaiah tags along to see what the Dominine conference is all about; Jillian convinces people she's a businesswoman.
NUP_196093_01835.jpg

S01.E04: Carlos

Craig and Jillian must team up with Brock to take down a mysterious rival who is running away with the competition.
NUP_196286_02130.jpg

S01.E05: The Task Rabbit

Jillian gets the chance to live out a fairy tale when she takes a TaskRabbit job house-sitting for a wealthy woman.

400?language=eng&territory=US&version=92

S01.E06: The Hard Place

Stuck in an endless line on election day, Craig must choose between his family and his freedom; Jillian's life is turned upside down when she receives an ominous letter that threatens to ruin everything.
peacock-killing-it-image-4.jpg?auto=webp

S01.E07: Boss Up

After a shocking accident at Rodney's office, Isaiah is forced to cover up a crime; his nightmare of a day leads him to Craig and then to the swamps.
peacock-killing-it-image-5.jpg?auto=webp

NUP_196537_00178.jpg

S01.E08: Kingmaker

Brock learns that a famous social media manager is in Miami and embarks on a journey to change the course of his life.
peacock-killing-it-image-8.jpg?auto=webp

S01.E09: Desperate Measures

Craig and Isaiah desperately try to get rid of some evidence; Jillian's new job leads to an incredible discovery.

NUP_196725_00191.jpg

NUP_196725_02912.jpg

S01.E10: The Storm

With the South Florida Python Challenge ending and a hurricane on the way, Craig questions everything that got him to this point.NUP_196726_01216.jpg

I watched it, it was sort of funny and well written. I was surprised that the main character would tell anybody who would listen what his plans were to get rich. Most people worry that their ideas would be stolen.

• Love 2

I am enjoying it.  I am on episode 6.  I like the complicated relationship with the ex-wife and the not so into things being legal brother.  The conference was a great spoof on all of the wealth gurus that will tell others how to get rich while actually getting their wealth by fleecing others. Keep struggling, Craig!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 4/19/2022 at 6:18 PM, AnimeMania said:

I watched it, it was sort of funny and well written. I was surprised that the main character would tell anybody who would listen what his plans were to get rich. Most people worry that their ideas would be stolen.

When I started telling my husband the premise, he knew immediately what Craig was going to grow and thought it was a great idea and we also wondered how many people were suddenly going to be growing saw palmetto. . He also knew about the Burmese Python problem, and that there is some kind of challenge (yearly?) and that you can contract with the state to kill them (unrelated hint, same as they require the head on the snake, if you're ever bitten by a snake, and kill it, make sure you bring the head. Worked ER in FL.) 

Before I knew anything about this show, had half watched one promo that looked like people were picking up roadkill for money, and it looked kind of batshit, I said, "It has to be set in Florida." Lived there 31 years, ages 11-42, most of it in South Florida. Never stepping foot in that place again. No offense to those who love it. Plenty of people hate where I live, so I get it. Just not for me. The show is fun, though and while everywhere is weird and mockable in its own way, I think this show gets the unique vibe of weird South Florida. Only on episode 2, but definitely seeing it through.  

• Love 3

I am not sure of the overlap of people watching this show who also read Carl Hiaasan’s books, but they have the same feel.  Batshit cast of characters who somehow work even though in theory they would be completely annoying.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
On 5/11/2022 at 9:59 PM, yourdreamer said:

I am not sure of the overlap of people watching this show who also read Carl Hiaasan’s books, but they have the same feel.  Batshit cast of characters who somehow work even though in theory they would be completely annoying.

I used to love Carl Hiassen's books, but more so when I was living in South Florida, which I did not love (the whole state, blech to me). I moved back to my home state in 2002, so when I was living there, it was mostly pre-Internet or early days, and the whole world didn't know how batshit the state, especially parts of it, is. Reading them was like, "Oh, phew, it's not just me. This place is an asylum." It was comforting to have him put it in writing and make it funny. It didn't help that I worked in hospitals, a few years in the ER. I had stories. 

And I got to swap them with Carl Hiassen himself. Weirdest thing. It was fall 1993. I think he was promoting Strip Tease, that day at Boca Raton Towne Center Mall. I was sure there's be a line but he was just sitting there at a table at the front of B Dalton or Waldenbooks. I bought a book for myself and one for my sister and before he signed them we talked. And talked. I kept standing to the side a little so people could see him, because I didn't understand why no one else was there. We swapped stories, and I told him some of my sister's, and had the best time. He was not only a sweetheart, but very nice on the eyes. Finally, I had to go, because I was also had to buy stuff for my boyfriend's birthday that night and get everything ready (married the guy and still occasionally tease him about the time "I left Carl Hiaasen for you"). He really seemed to be enjoying talking  and  I was trying to shill  a little when anyone got near. When he finally signed the books, he personalized them based on some of the stories I'd shared and my sister was over the moon because of all he'd written. 

Yes, this reminds me of one of his books, though I didn't think about it at the time. Your post made me look at his later books and one features a Burmese python! Might have to read it and some others now, hoping we get another season of this show. 

• Like 1

@Darian, I hope also that there is another season.  I was surprised by Peacock renewal for Saved by the Bell the first season and saddened by Punky Brewster, so I am unsure what the metrics are for Peacock renewals.  I feel that this wouldn’t translate very well to NBC proper, maybe a basic cable channel they own.  The pythons immediately reminded me of his books and the kind of wacky characters for sure (especially the guy who was the former governor of Florida who appeared in a few of them).  I need to re-read them.

Back to the actual show, I kept wondering if we would go back to the housekeeper (?) that Craig was telling all of his story to (and also how he would know about the Jillian G subplot involving the house sitting).  That poor lady.

Killing It Season 2    August 17, 2023    Peacock   8 (half-hour) episodes

Craig Robinson as Craig
Claudia O'Doherty as Jillian
Rell Battle as Isaiah
Stephanie Nogueras as Camile
Jet Miller as Vanessa
Scott MacArthur as Brock
Wyatt Walter as Corby
Tim Heidecker as Rodney Lamonica
Dot-Marie Jones as Jackie Boone
Katie Kershaw as Natalie-Ray Boone
Joe Massingill as Ray-Nathan Boone
Melanie Field as Shayla
Fatimah Taliah as Maya
Beck Bennett as Johnny
Kyle Mooney as Bugs
Tim Simons as Agent Burton
Ayden Mayeri as Blythe

Killing It Season 2   August 17, 2023   Peacock  

Episodes 1-8      Titles and Descriptions

Spoiler

S02.E01: What You Sow
itkilling2.jpg.webp
Unexpected visitors threaten to destroy Craig and Jillian's saw palmetto farm.

S02.E02: Mallory
itkilling8.jpg.webp
The Boones make their demands; Jillian must sacrifice a prized possession to save the farm.
itkilling1.jpg.webp

S02.E03: It Follows
itkilling3.jpg.webp
A mistake awakens an evil force that threatens to destroy the new life Isaiah built for himself.

S02.E04: Help Me Pay My Bills
itkilling6.jpg.webp
Craig struggles to prove himself to Camille and the rich couple paying her to carry their baby.

S02.E05: Lying Flat
killing-it-season-2.jpg.webp
Rodney Lamonca sends Craig, Jillian and Isaiah on a first-class business trip to San Diego.
itkilling5.jpg.webp

S02.E06: Predatory
236?language=eng&territory=US&version=96
Craig must team up with an unexpected ally to rescue Jillian from the Boones.

S02.E07: On the Inside
236?language=eng&territory=US&version=a7
Craig looks for the dongle; Jillian plans to escape; all of Isaiah's lies are brought to light.

S02.E08: Timber
itkilling7.jpg.webp
Craig tries to save Jillian and the farm but still must make one final, agonizing decision.