Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Keep Your Friends Close

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

So the alien at Naomi's party . . . was two aliens: her adoptive parents. Did that happen in the comics? I'm glad I didn't get that far into those, because that's a helluva twist.

With all of the drama and angst getting flung around, there is one nice takeaway: Dee is awkward as fuck when he's removed from his element. The control of emotions comes in handy at the horror of being dragged into a murder mystery game.

So the parents suddenly got a lot more interesting! But I still think they're the weirdest characters on this show. Their actions might make even less sense now??

Dee was hilarious tonight! Actual LOL moment: "Do you have anything not black?" - "This is charcoal."

They gotta work on making Zumbado less one-note, though. That one backstory episode doesn't make up for the rest of the season.

Poor Naomi was going through it tonight. :(  Good thing Annabelle continues to be the the best BFF! Also, did they just reactivate the love triangle of Naomi/Nathan/Lourdes?

I know there's stuff to nitpick, but I thought this was a pretty solid episode. Maybe these reveals should have come earlier?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Trini said:

Dee was hilarious tonight! Actual LOL moment: "Do you have anything not black?" - "This is charcoal."

They gotta work on making Zumbado less one-note, though. That one backstory episode doesn't make up for the rest of the season.

I told ya'll that Zumbado's clothes are too tight. Heh.  Dee was the MVP tonight! Looking all uncomfortable and smexy at the same damn time.

22 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

So the alien at Naomi's party . . . was two aliens: her adoptive parents. Did that happen in the comics? I'm glad I didn't get that far into those, because that's a helluva twist.

With all of the drama and angst getting flung around, there is one nice takeaway: Dee is awkward as fuck when he's removed from his element. The control of emotions comes in handy at the horror of being dragged into a murder mystery game.

Spoiler

In the comics, Naomi's adoptive father was an alien who got stuck on Earth, much like Dee, but not a Thanagarian or from Naomi's home planet. 

I think it's pretty cool now that Naomi's parents are now part of the story. I wonder where they came from?

• Love 1
On 3/30/2022 at 12:18 AM, Trini said:

That line got me too! It feels like they realized Dee's actor has got some comic abilities after that episode with Annabel and decided to work that in more. I approve.

• Love 2
On 3/29/2022 at 11:20 PM, Lantern7 said:

Spoiler

I'm not overly familiar with the Naomi comics, but the people on the Spoiler TV blog are saying Greg was from Rann (the planet where Adam Strange likes to hang out) in the comics.

Edited by Noneofyourbusiness
  • Love 1

The parents have been talking about moving away, and if dad's in the military they can't just move any time they want to, right? You can't just quit that job and move at will.

I guess we don't know what they're capable of, though, and whether they have any other resources to help them with evasion, now that we know they're potentially "special".

2 hours ago, possibilities said:

The parents have been talking about moving away, and if dad's in the military they can't just move any time they want to, right? You can't just quit that job and move at will.

He can put in for a transfer, though that probably would take a while. Do military officers sign contracts that forbid them from quitting?

19 hours ago, possibilities said:

In this case they've been talking about an emergency move, and they have a bag with passports with false names.

Dee at the party was great: especially him slowly getting rid of all of the parts of his outfit that he thought was too "restrictive."  Also, him and Annabelle (along with Jacob) continue to be one of the more entertaining duos on the show so far.

So, it looks like Naomi's parents just got a whole lot more interesting since they're apparently aliens as well!  I'm guessing they aren't her birth parents though, but I'm wondering if they are part of the 31 or whatever that Zumbado kept referring to.

Naomi might have gone too far, but Nathan was admittedly acting very suspicious throughout the episode.  Not sure what the status is of their relationship now.  Especially since they made sure to throw in a scene of her and Lourdes displaying some romantic tension again (meanwhile Anthony seems to be way back in third place now.)

• Love 1
(edited)

Zumbado was right in pointing out not all aliens have powers but I guess they still apparently all have the same special blue eye-glow. Why? They're aliens! Will the doctors working on Steele be able to tell there is anything alien about him or is the eye thing the only thing that physically differentiates us vs them? He seems to have managed to get through his entire military career without anything popping up. I wonder how they tested that resonator ball to know it actually worked. Steele seemed more interested in blowing aliens up than incarcerating them.

ETA: D'oh!😖 I realized right before I went to sleep that it was the parental units using the blue crystals that do stuff that took the commander out of play and not the resonator ball. Serves me right for posting when too tired. Though, his being an alien all along unbeknownst even to himself would have been an interesting twist.

Edited by Terrafamilia