Type keyword(s) to search

Secrets Of The Chippendales Murders - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 3/29/2022 at 2:39 PM, Dirtybubble said:

Is anyone else watching this show?  I'm thoroughly enjoying it!  And on a side note most of the dancers they interview are still smoking hot! 😍

From the A&E website:  

A&E Secrets of The Chippendales Murders

I didn’t know anything about this, but I will check it out!

On 3/29/2022 at 8:18 PM, Irlandesa said:

I'm not watching it but I did just start a podcast on this topic.

What podcast?

• Love 1

I'm also watching the Secrets of Playboy, so it was interesting to see the overlap of the two stories. The fact that Hef was okay with letting the cuffs and bowtie from the bunnies get used by male dancers was pretty interesting. Not to mention Dorothy played a big part in the Playboy lore, and to see her ancillary relationship with another tragic murder.

• Love 3

As interesting as the murder of Nick De Noia and then Steve Banerjee involvement were I would like to see more on the dancers (😍🥰) and people involved with the actual show.  I was kinda bummed they didn't talk more with them.  

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

As interesting as the murder of Nick De Noia and then Steve Banerjee involvement were I would like to see more on the dancers (😍🥰) and people involved with the actual show.  I was kinda bummed they didn't talk more with them.  

I know what you're saying, but considering the word "murder" is in the title....😜

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, MsTree said:

I know what you're saying, but considering the word "murder" is in the title....😜

Yeah IKR 😄

But maybe someone could do a separate documentary on the dancers and people who worked there.  They all had interesting stories about what went on in the club (especially behind the scenes 🤯)

On 4/7/2022 at 3:14 PM, Rlb8031 said:

. Not to mention Dorothy played a big part in the Playboy lore, and to see her ancillary relationship with another tragic murder.

Seeing this along with the Secrets of Playboy makes me want to watch a documentary or perhaps the movie of her life

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I still want to know why Steve didn’t have account numbers and locations of the cash hidden behind a photo, and he didn’t tell his wife???? The money didn’t just disappear! I do feel awful for his kids, and to lose their mother so young. I do believe that the stress didn’t help her health at all. 

On 3/29/2022 at 4:39 PM, babyhouseman said:

I've been watching it. It's wild. That Strawberry guy was something.

I’m guessing everyone who’d recognize Strawberry is deceased. 

• LOL 1

I'm currently watching the Hulu series and came here to watch this while I wait for the next episode to drop. I'm on episode of the documentary, episode 6 of the series. 

The documentary really fills in some gaps in the series. And the series is moving full speed ahead and seems to skip some things and rearrange the timeline. I will say that the series, dramatization that it is, does pretty much touch on a lot of what the documentary covers. One big change in the series is that Steve's wife Irene was hands on in the running of the club, but apparently IRL she wasn't involved in any way. 

• Like 3
On 12/24/2022 at 4:34 PM, rollacoaster said:

I'm currently watching the Hulu series and came here to watch this while I wait for the next episode to drop. I'm on episode of the documentary, episode 6 of the series. 

The documentary really fills in some gaps in the series. And the series is moving full speed ahead and seems to skip some things and rearrange the timeline. I will say that the series, dramatization that it is, does pretty much touch on a lot of what the documentary covers. One big change in the series is that Steve's wife Irene was hands on in the running of the club, but apparently IRL she wasn't involved in any way. 

Yeah, for storyline purposes it made sense to have Irene be involved in the club, having characters all in one place, interacting together makes the story telling trimmer, tighter and less exposition. 

One thing I loved about this documentary is that they got a number of people involved in the early days of Chippendales to speak out. We got a well rounded view of who Nick was- his family clearly adored him, but he could be an asshole, and abrasive. His ex-boyfriend was clearly broken hearted by his death, but it was no secret that Steve couldn't stand him, and as the pieces fell together, of course people were shocked -disliking someone doesn't automatically lead to "murder". All of the money, the ego, the ties to the mafia......it's like something out of a telenovela!

But Truth is Stranger than Fiction. 

• Like 1