Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: Jump on It

jewel21
  • Start Topic

After weeks of hard work at practice and the first game quickly approaching, Spencer has high hopes of playing in his first college game. Trying to find his place on the team, Jordan forms a bond with some of the seniors. Asher and Layla have epiphanies about their respective relationships and realize they need to deal with it. Coop and Patience finally speak their truths leaving them in unknown territory. Meanwhile, Olivia learns an important lesson as she slowly tries to work her way up the ladder at the paper.

Airdate: 03/28/2022

Droopy Dawg has a girlfriend.  Whoopee.

Why is Layla so crotchety?  Her general snittiness was entirely unnecessary.

Aww Coop.  But she and Patience were bad for awhile, so it’s not a *terrible* idea, but I still hope that work it out.

Oh Liv.  I really hope you learned your lesson to trust no one, ever.

• Love 1

I thought it was interesting that--because they can't afford to have the entire cast in an episode--Grace doesn't even make a brief appearance in an episode with Spencer's first college game.  At least they said she was there, so she didn't have to be out of town like J.J. is half the time.  It's also weird that Dillon (who is only recurring now) couldn't appear but was on last week hanging out with Coop and Patience when Coop got arrested.  And I guess the Golden Angeles football team only has three freshmen!  In locker room scenes, they should attempt some other camera angle to make it clear they're only showing a small portion of the team so that it doesn't look like a Division I team has like 12 players.  The CW probably has to spend the money on special effects for superhero shows so they can't have many extras (unless it was because of COVID protocols).

Coop and Patience will probably get back together at some point unless Patience gets written out of the show for some reason.  She'll still probably be around at least to sing and take abuse from Layla, as well as having awkward post-break-up run-ins with Coop.  I'm already tired of all the "Jordan really gets Layla!" anvils.  I'm sorry for him that his love interest left for a spin-off, but this is annoying.

Laura shouldn't have to apologize for showing up at her own house, and I'm glad Coop pointed that out.  But Laura may have just been worried that she'd walk in on Olivia and Spencer doing it.

Asher and Jamie don't realize that they're actually trapped in some bad tearjerker movie from the 1970s.  I'm pretty sure some people do go into remission, but she's certainly a goner with the way they keep bringing it up.  I can't really focus on anything they say anyway because of Asher's beard.

• Love 2

I don't mind Patience & Coop breaking up. They been doing that for a while it seems (on & off, especially during the Mo time period).

I get that Spencer wants to start, but he is only a Freshman and needs to chill a little. Don't stop working for it, but don't get bummed that you aren't starting every single game!

Seems like they need some new story lines to keep the show fresh.  

• Love 2