Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: With These Hands

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

Bull takes a frustratingly passive role in court during a medical malpractice suit, when he helps the surgeon who saved his life after his heart attack and must defer to her browbeating attorney on trial strategy. Also, Taylor fights the urge to check into the background of Henri Fray, Marissa’s new love interest.

I was surprised at the total lack of comments here!!  

I am no longer a fan of Marissa so her love life quandaries do not interest me one iota.

The story was kind of interesting but yeah, the energy on the episode was so low-key boring.

Only spark of life was the medical malpractice attorney.  That actor is always fun to watch. 

6 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

I was surprised at the total lack of comments here!!  

I am no longer a fan of Marissa so her love life quandaries do not interest me one iota.

The story was kind of interesting but yeah, the energy on the episode was so low-key boring.

Only spark of life was the medical malpractice attorney.  That actor is always fun to watch. 

Missed him since House. Didn’t like his addition to House, at first, but he grew on you. Didn’t like his character here during prep, but it was interesting when he began questioning potential jurors, his questions and targets were exactly consistent with TAC techniques. I was close to removing this from my record list because of the personal life garbage. I’m not sure what to expect from this show anymore. 

19 minutes ago, Daff said:

Missed him since House. Didn’t like his addition to House, at first, but he grew on you. Didn’t like his character here during prep, but it was interesting when he began questioning potential jurors, his questions and targets were exactly consistent with TAC techniques. I was close to removing this from my record list because of the personal life garbage. I’m not sure what to expect from this show anymore. 

Not really worth the effort of deleting it from your record list since it is almost at the end of its run!  I’m going to see it through to the end.

You’re so right — the lawyer’s initial interactions with Bull are so antagonistic, but then you see, he knows exactly what he’s doing in his methods in the case and courtroom.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Daff said:

I’m not sure what to expect from this show anymore. 

I don't watch it very often, but all of the episodes I have seen went like this:  Difficult case. Trial going badly. New evidence that none of the regulars expected. Case is won. Regulars congratulate themselves on their brilliance.  Other people do things I don't care about.

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, Driad said:

I don't watch it very often, but all of the episodes I have seen went like this:  Difficult case. Trial going badly. New evidence that none of the regulars expected. Case is won. Regulars congratulate themselves on their brilliance.  Other people do things I don't care about.

Then Netfoot smacks himself upside the head for watching that crap again.

Only, that happens off camera so you probably didn't notice.

• Love 2

I thought Marissa's boyfriend was out of line.  I think most single women do some kind of background check.  No reason he couldn't have told her himself, if they were getting as serious as going to Morroco.

• Love 4

I was recently almost selected for a jury.  The prosecutor got up to ask questions of the potential members, and the first thing she said was "Do any of you watch those legal programs on TV, or the true crime shows?"  She must have struck a chord because half a dozen of the jurors, myself included, laughed softly.  This show is the reason I laughed.

• LOL 1
(edited)
On 4/2/2022 at 6:34 PM, jabRI said:

I thought Marissa's boyfriend was out of line.  I think most single women do some kind of background check.  No reason he couldn't have told her himself, if they were getting as serious as going to Morroco.

All she had to do was offer up her husband that she divorced twice as explanation for ALWAYS doing a background check.  She also has no reason to be mad at Taylor.  She asked for the background check, Taylor had already uncovered the marriage before  she asked her to stop.  Did she seriously expect her FRIEND to not warn her? Truthfully, Marissa was mad because she’d gotten fooled again.  
I didn’t believe that doctor when she said she would never had risked her hand trembling in the OR.  She was covering it up even when Bull saw her.  Also it had to have happened at least once at the hospital because the nurse was aware that she had the issue.  Otherwise she wouldn’t have been able to use it to cover up her own guilt. 
Stop operating, go teach. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 4/4/2022 at 9:05 PM, mythoughtis said:

All she had to do was offer up her husband that she divorced twice as explanation for ALWAYS doing a background check.  She also has no reason to be mad at Taylor.  She asked for the background check, Taylor had already uncovered the marriage before  she asked her to stop.  Did she seriously expect her FRIEND to not warn her? Truthfully, Marissa was mad because she’d gotten fooled again.  
I didn’t believe that doctor when she said she would never had risked her hand trembling in the OR.  She was covering it up even when Bull saw her.  Also it had to have happened at least once at the hospital because the nurse was aware that she had the issue.  Otherwise she wouldn’t have been able to use it to cover up her own guilt. 

She said it happened at a colleague's wedding but she didn't think anyone had seen it but realized she was obviously mistaken.

As to Marissa, while I don't have a problem with people doing a background check on potential long term partners, and I think Henri was overly butt-hurt about it, I really really really hope he never forgives her.  I can't stand her character and it would serve miss 'high-and-mighty-never-been-wrong-air-of-superiority' justice.  And I am all in for that comeuppance. 

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Love 1

If I'm not mistaken, hospitals have procedures for when someone codes out, or whatever it's called.  It wouldn't have consisted just of the head nurse casually bumping into the doctor and telling her after the fact that her patient is dead, and then the doctor not talking to anyone else about it at all, especially since she would have been curious to truly understand what caused the downturn.  

On 4/2/2022 at 7:34 PM, jabRI said:

I had a lot of problems with this.  Dude, you're serious enough to plan a trip to freaking Morocco, but not far enough along for you to tell her that YOU ARE MARRIED?!  Yeah, if I were Marissa, I'd be g-d d-ned if I would need to do any f'ing thing to earn back his trust.  He's the one who needs to earn back her trust.

On 4/4/2022 at 10:05 PM, mythoughtis said:

She also has no reason to be mad at Taylor.  She asked for the background check, Taylor had already uncovered the marriage before  she asked her to stop.  Did she seriously expect her FRIEND to not warn her? Truthfully, Marissa was mad because she’d gotten fooled again.  

There is more to being a genuinely good friend, than blindly obeying, especially given their pact and what it meant that Marissa had suggested it in the first place, and given the information Taylor had already found before Marissa asked her to stop.  So, if I were Taylor, I'd be g-d d-ned if I would need to do any f'ing thing to earn back Marissa's trust.  Marissa needs to apologize profusely and earn back Taylor's trust.  

On 4/4/2022 at 10:05 PM, mythoughtis said:

Yep, there was no need to present it as either/or, that she can be a doctor or resign.  She can be a doctor who teaches, or who uses her expertise in other capacities in the hospital.

• Love 2