Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Every Version of You

• Start Topic

On 3/29/2022 at 8:56 PM, ams1001 said:

Of course Randall wasn't going to graciously accept Rebecca's wishes.

So do we think things came back around and Malik is the father of Deja's baby in the flash forward?

Did Kate just hang up on P. MeanJerk? She said "I'd like to be considered" and then almost immediately put the phone in her pocket.

I noticed that phone call too!  Said to my husband “ that’s such a TV phone call.  No one does that in real life.”  😂

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Thumper said:

I noticed that phone call too!  Said to my husband “ that’s such a TV phone call.  No one does that in real life.”  😂

It really was.  Amongst other things, is PMJ  also the HR director at the school?  He reviews the applications and does all hiring in addition to teaching there?  Very TV that Kate calls her supervisor to apply for a job opening that is not his responsibility to fill.

• Love 2

I had the impression Kate worked at a tiny private school, not any kind of school system, and definitely not anywhere big enough to pay for a full time HR person.  And since private schools can seemingly do whatever they want, I don't think it's a stretch that Phillip would do all the hiring and firing.  He runs that school, doesn't he?  Does he own it?

• Love 2

I am trying so hard to wrap my head around why this plot of Kate dating her boss? I realize Toby is gone by then, well gone in being "Mr Pearson" but why now? With all the loose ends of the last season, seeing Rebecca age and get sicker, Nicky getting married and some hopefully funny scenes, Kevin's never ending love life, Miguel's much put off episodes of his marrying Rebecca, why cloud it with a divorce AND remarriage of Kate? I could see it years ago, before adoption even, let her go on her own, meet Philip who takes no guff, etc but why fill up so many episodes on their demise. Believe me you are not educating viewers marriages end in divorce. You are not showing Kate in a much better light, she stagnated for so long, to FF now it's odd. When they show wedding next episode after Katoby, will they stay 5 years ahead? I wonder.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, debraran said:

When they show wedding next episode after Katoby, will they stay 5 years ahead? I wonder.

I believe the show is on track to move the timeline to the 2030 Rebecca deathbed scenes.  So the remaining episodes will jump in time to get there.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, debraran said:

I am trying so hard to wrap my head around why this plot of Kate dating her boss?

I presume that Kate will get the fulltime position whatever it is, and that Phillip will no longer be her direct supervisor to pave the way for their love story.   It's not clear what exactly Phillip does other than teach music at the school, but he is apparently a man of many talents who moves in and out of various roles as needed.  It would help if he DID own the school since I would assume the rest of the faculty will be less than thrilled when someone who is apparently in power takes up with an underqualified teaching assistant who he placed in her role.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, izabella said:

I had the impression Kate worked at a tiny private school, not any kind of school system, and definitely not anywhere big enough to pay for a full time HR person.  And since private schools can seemingly do whatever they want, I don't think it's a stretch that Phillip would do all the hiring and firing.  He runs that school, doesn't he?  Does he own it?

IIRC, he didn't want to hire her initially and told her as much, but was overruled by the principal. So not only does he not run the school, he doesn't even get a say in hiring his own classroom assistant.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3