Type keyword(s) to search

Roar - General Discussion

BetterButter
  • Start Topic

Since it reminded me of a lighter Dark Mirror (maybe all anthologies going forward will evoke this comparison?!), I ranked the eps like I used to for Dark Mirror. The order is mainly based on how they held my interest and made me think; the actors were outstanding in all of them.

1. Woman Who Was Fed By a Duck

2. Woman Who Returned Her Husband

3. Woman Who Solved Her Own Murder

4. Woman Who Ate Photographs

5. Woman Who Found Bite Marks...

6. Woman Who Was Kept On a Shelf

7. Woman Who Disappeared

8. Girl Who Loved Horses

Edited by QQQQ
  • Love 2

They got some amazing actors for this show. I've only watched The Woman Who Solved Her Own Murder so far, but just that episode has Alison Brie, Hugh Dancy, Christopher Lowell, Jillian Bell, and Ego Nwodim. I know there are bigger names in other episodes, but that's still impressive. I heard a review of this show saying that it isn't very subtle and while I think that's true for the episode I saw, I still really enjoyed it.

ETA: I've watched a few more episodes and I agree that The Woman Who Was Fed by a Duck and The Woman Who Returned Her Husband are good, but I also liked The Girl Who Loved Horses. Fivel Stewart and Kara Hayward have fun odd couple chemistry, it's always great to see Alfred Molina, and the ending was surprisingly satisfying. It does seem to be the most straightforward of the bunch, though.

Edited by krankydoodle
  • Love 1