Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: The Double Unmasking -- Round 1 Finals

• Start Topic

That football guy was sexy. But never have heard of him in my life *googles if he's single*

Jorge seemed a bit disappointed that no one guessed him. I admit, I haven't been getting attached to any singers. Well, I'm not rooting for any male singers until you-know-who is eliminated.

• Love 2

It sounds like this wasn't the episode with the person I've been avoiding again. At this point I guess they just didn't show the first episode, but since I can't be sure, then it seems like I'm just going to pass on this season.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, GaT said:

It sounds like this wasn't the episode with the person I've been avoiding again. At this point I guess they just didn't show the first episode, but since I can't be sure, then it seems like I'm just going to pass on this season.

I'm pretty sure he was edited out after the blowback. If he was the first person eliminated, that's pretty easy to do. Just don't air the planned first episode, and edit the interactions between Nick and the judges in the one that would've been the second.

I have a feeling that there are gonna be a few "bonus performances" showing up in a Fourth of July special or some such.

• Love 4

It sounds like this wasn't the episode with the person I've been avoiding again. At this point I guess they just didn't show the first episode, but since I can't be sure, then it seems like I'm just going to pass on this season.

This is exactly where I am right now and shows what a disastrous decision that particular choice was.  Even if they edited it out, unless they fess up to it being edited out, there’s always going to be the expectation that person might still be there.  It seems like they're just making some terrible decisions this season, and that was only one of them.

Also, reading about who’s been revealed so far, including tonight, it really sounds like a “who cares” season.  None of those sound like particularly fun or exciting reveals.  Maybe the show desperately needs a new casting agency?

Edited by bobbyjoe
  • Love 1

It's been stated in interviews that the groups are being shown out of taping order. So THAT episode might be the first one recorded, but because they've been showing this group every week (presumably to fool people into thinking it's safe to come back, not that it's worked so far), we haven't seen it yet.

Count me in as another one not particularly enamoured with the casting this season. I'm Australian and have never heard of this athlete even though local media goes nuts about every single Aussie who makes it big in the US, and the other reveal here was peak "hey, it's that guy!"

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, SnideAsides said:

It's been stated in interviews that the groups are being shown out of taping order. So THAT episode might be the first one recorded, but because they've been showing this group every week (presumably to fool people into thinking it's safe to come back, not that it's worked so far), we haven't seen it yet.

Yes, somebody in last week's discussion said that episodes 4 (next week) and 7 might be the ones to skip, but everything else would be safe. I think I may just do that.

Gold Derby is usually dead on with their guesses as to who is under the masks, but they thought Cyclops was going to be Corey Haim. They got Thingamabob and Ram right.

Frankly, I've started "watching" the show on mute until the unmasking.  Show is the singing equivalent of Dancing with the Stars.   I'm really just curious to see who thought appearing on the show was a good career move.  

• Love 2

I just think this season happened too soon after the last one. S6 ended, there was ICSYV, and then immediately this. At least do like Survivor and have several months in between - it will give more time to find people and to work on costumes, and genuinely brainstorm things that might keep things interesting while actually being positives for the show. Maybe the network demanded it because they didn't have anything else to put in the time slot.

I wonder if the original idea was to have one group of each category, that would at least guarantee one person of each group in the finals. Then when they disastered all over themselves, they rearranged, which would mean some of the performers had to redo their "first" episode. We may never know, unless someone spills to TMZ.

I love Jorge Garcia, and football guy seemed really cool. I would like to put in a request for Pita Taufatofua, the shiny Tongan Olympic athlete, at least once he's done helping Tonga recover from the tsunami. I do like finding out that people from completely other fields than music can actually sing.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

Gold Derby is usually dead on with their guesses as to who is under the masks, but they thought Cyclops was going to be Corey Haim. They got Thingamabob and Ram right.

Corey Haim as in .... dead Corey Haim? Or should this be Corey Feldman? He's had a "music" """career""".

• LOL 2
15 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

Yes, somebody in last week's discussion said that episodes 4 (next week) and 7 might be the ones to skip, but everything else would be safe. I think I may just do that.

Did they mean Corey FELDMAN? Haim died a few years ago

On 3/24/2022 at 1:27 AM, The Crazed Spruce said:

I'm pretty sure he was edited out after the blowback. If he was the first person eliminated, that's pretty easy to do. Just don't air the planned first episode, and edit the interactions between Nick and the judges in the one that would've been the second.

I have a feeling that there are gonna be a few "bonus performances" showing up in a Fourth of July special or some such.

Blowback?  What happened?

So far this season feels weak; but I wonder if that's partly because they focused just on Group A all at once. We don't know anything about the other groups yet (aside from the fact that one of them might be Him) so we can't compare how weak/strong this group is compared to the others. 

It seems a bit strange that Group A was 4 guys and a gal. I'd have expected them to balance a little bit better, but once again we don't really know much about the other two Groups yet to compare with. 

As for this group in particular; I'll admit, I didn't really care for anything; not even Firefly. The singing just hasn't felt particularly strong so far, and there feels like there is more drama filler (especially with respect to Firefly) going on. 

I pretty much knew Firefly would be the Group A winner, but I'm not that happy with it. 

They’re really scraping the bottom of the barrel this year.  And some of the judges guesses are ridiculous.  Michael Keaton, Jason Momoa, Ewan McGregor?  Really???

I was rooting for thingamabob.  Sad to see him go.  I’m tired of Fireflies diva behavior.  And I don’t think she’s that great.