Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: One Flew Over The Chicken's Nest

• Start Topic

it's like you could see the gears almost grinding to a halt. She couldn't understand the question.

I know--I caught that too! And it seemed like she repeated it back correctly and still didn't answer in keeping with the question. 

• Love 1

I wondered if it was just there for the "first responder" party because it was so odd. But, sadly, I don't think it is and it is some kind of permanent art. Being a firefighter or first responder is his version of Amber's "Do you know I had cancer?"

Yea, I fully believe Amber thought that's what the drink was really called - not that she was trying to be cute and clever. Her IQ must be 13, since we know how Jim feels about people with IQs 12 and under.

But, but, but ..... she's got a master's from COLUMBIA!  She was even wearing the sweatshirt to prove it.

• Love 3

The fact that Jim only "squealed" on his company after he was pissed he got passed over for promotions (as per the NYT follow up article), the asshole very well might have had both twitter accts suspended per Bravo. I am not sure how it works with husbands, but the Housewives' contracts do not permit them to sue other cast members. I can just imagine weenie Jim threatening not only Bobby, but also trying to show a pair and threaten Bravo. Good luck, asshole. 

• Love 4

I agree with you Ramby. Milania was actually a delight on her outing with Joe and Rosie. And very polite! She introduced herself to the chicken lady and offered to help carry the boxes to the car. Hopefully she's a good girl at school, too.

Now. I think Amber should not have been gossiping, but Melissa the shit stirrer did act as though Amber was stating the Nicole home wrecker theory as her own opinion instead of what she'd heard around the grapevine as she actually said when she re-gossiped the story to the twins. She is exactly how Dina described her. Amber was probably trying to reconnect with Melissa by sharing that info, which was unwise on national TV, but Melissa made the situation worse. I despise her more than any of the people.

Jim. What an ass. Even his ego's not big enough to allow him to recognize even if he doesn't admit how fucking stupid he act and he surely knows that we know he was perpetrating a fraud with his whole "i prosecute mortgage fraud" bullshit.

I also believe there are limits to what Dina shares with Lexi about her love life -- in part because there's not much to tell as she hasn't really been dating. And when Lexi said fuck during the tattooing, her mother did call her out on it. Even though it wasn't harsh, she let her know she really isn't supposed to use that language at least in front other mother and on TV, and she probably doesn't but the pain made for extenuating circumstances. Lexi is also 18 now and from what we've been shown, she's turned into a lovely and thoughtful young woman, just as she was as a little girl.

Shoot me, but I like Joe G and it's sad to see him so pensive and melancholy. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve what he's dealing with, but I enjoy his personality and humor. I kind of hope Teresa gets no jail time in part because of the kids but also because I think she just signed whatever papers he put before her and when she asked questions, probably got as confused as she did last night when Tiny Jim was being a bitchass douchebag.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

I was just barely paying attention last night, and didn't notice if they mentioned the new puppy?

I thought (could be wrong) that when Joe said he had a surprise, one of the girls said "another puppy?"

He may have informed on co-workers. He may have been called to testiry against co-workers. But he is not employed by any regulatory or legal agency that enforces mortgage fraud and running a mortgage company at the same time. 

This. He seems proud of being a rat and readily involving law enforcement in any given situation -- including himself profiting off the misfortune of others ("ambulance chasers are first responders!"). Boy, is he in the wrong crowd.

• Love 2

I'm not a fan of Melissa's, hell, I'm not a fan of anyone of them. But isn't she between a rock and a hard place? She tells them now, or fesses up to it at the reunion after the twins see the episode and call her out on not telling them.

• Love 6

I also believe there are limits to what Dina shares with Lexi about her love life -- in part because there's not much to tell as she hasn't really been dating. And when Lexi said fuck during the tattooing, her mother did call her out on it. Even though it wasn't harsh, she let her know she really isn't supposed to use that language at least in front other mother and on TV, and she probably doesn't but the pain made for extenuating circumstances. Lexi is also 18 now and from what we've been shown, she's turned into a lovely and thoughtful young woman, just as she was as a little girl.

LOL, did anyone else catch Gia say that she was "shitting" herself when she found the dog eating the chickens?  I can't remember how old she is but she dropped that line like it was not the first time she said it.

Edited by candy moocher
  • Love 2

Amber said she "heard" the rumor about Nicole. She should have never repeated it when she was supposed to be friends with Nicole.  Melissa should never have repeated it to Nicole, it wasn't her place.

Jim is a little bitch who speaks to people like they are dirt #4 when confronted by the women Jim changed his story 3 times. It went from I wanted to spend time with my family to I didn't want to be around alcohol & the guys might fight to finally it was his job. So, why not just say "due to my job, I didn't feel comfortable being around them & didn't want to make anyone else feel awkward"? There wasn't any reason to call Joe Gorga a "dumb f*#k" (even if he is at times). There wasn't any reason to insult the women's IQ (not saying they are bright but that wasn't called for).

The biggest bitch move from Jim was him revealing things Bobby confided in him. What man hasn't complained about his wife or girlfriend to his friends at least once. C'mon, women do the same with their close friends. Jim acts more like a bitchy teenage girl than a grown man. I'm sure he's said things about Amber to Bobby as well. 

I don't get why Amber would assume Bobby would choose her over the woman he's in a relationship with. Even if's it only been 8 months, why would his friends wife come before his girlfriend? I'm really over Amber & "the cancer" too.

Dina was spot on in how she handled Jim. She was however a fool to stay & wait for a guy she just met who was that late on their 1st date. He didn't call or text. He supposedly had a flat tire. Does that mean his phone stopped working too. I would have waited maybe 20 minutes then left.

• Love 5

I'm not a fan of Melissa's, hell, I'm not a fan of anyone of them. But isn't she between a rock and a hard place? She tells them now, or fesses up to it at the reunion after the twins see the episode and call her out on not telling them.

Not the way I see it.

She could easily have defended herself with an "I didn't know you that well." or "I didn't take her seriously." or "She's my friend and it wasn't my place to get involved."

But instead she took it upon herself to be the Friend Police and go running off to start some shit.

Melissa is heinous.

• Love 3

My Dina love probably won't last but it's through the roof right now from last night. She went easy on Jim in my opinion. I can't imagine what I'd do if someone spoke to me like that. And that TH? D-Bag defined. Every time Amber said anything about telling Melissa in private or whatever I yelled in my head "ON CAMERA!" After all that I really am convinced there's a ban on asking "why are you on the show?", "you said it on camera already!" because it's so hard to comprehend no one has done it with these morons. I don't think Teresa or Joe Gorga are quick enough to go there, but I feel like Dina is and Melissa is the kind to be able to have that in her head as backup to cover herself in the event that comes back to bite her. 

I thought Rosie should have been committed after the S. 4 reunion. Now she's almost a respite in this mess. I love her and Joe together, she seems to actually be from the school of "move on", too, despite her outbursts. I wonder if her calming down has to do with the fact that unlike the rest of them she continues to have a real job, not a self employed Whatever plus Bravo check. That couldn't have looked good for her going back to work. 

Oh, Joe Giudice. I want to love you. You do amuse me so much. Why'd you have do go F it up by being a criminal? His Jim act was great.

Jim and Amber have sucked all the joy out of their beautiful dog. Don't get me wrong, my guy loves to be a couch potato, in between bouncing around like a maniac. She (I think Ambers said "she"?) the calmest boxer ever, then again except for with the fast food, she's mostly ignored too it appears. It could be she's just calm but I can't help but feel like that maniac Jim stripped her of the personality that makes them so awesome.  

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 5

The last thing the Giudices needed was chickens. The very last thing. As if either Theresa or any of those kids are going to go in the hen house every day and collect eggs. Is that so when Joe goes in the slammer they have food to eat?  While Daddy's away girls, we're going to have Skinny Italian Omelets every day, won't that be fun! And putting them next to the German Shepherds without any kind of supervision or training was just asking for what inevitably happened.

Jim talking down to the women was so rude, along with what he said to Joe Gorga. He's now my most despised husband/boyfriend on any of the franchises. They may not the sharpest tools in the shed (TM Kristen, RHONYC), but it's not like his own wife is an intellectual. Her appearance on WWHL last night said it all.

And Dina and Lexie getting tatoos before she goes to college, um, didn't we see this on RHOBH - Kim and Kimberly? I guess they're running out of contrived storylines.

• Love 1
And Dina and Lexie getting tatoos before she goes to college, um, didn't we see this on RHOBH - Kim and Kimberly? I guess they're running out of contrived storylines.

And Carlton and her bad-ass tattoos. Just once, I'd like to see one of them get a big, good tattoo! Come on!

Edited by TattleTeeny

It was hilarious when Amber, Theresa G and Melissa were getting facials.  They ALL kept their extreme eye makeup on and it just looked ridiculous. Poor theresa--she really looks wrecked. I can't stand her, but the stress she's going through is written all over her face. So far, she's quieter, too. Bird poop facials. Go figure.

Can't wait for Jim's comeuppance. Little weasel.

That mural in Bobby's dining room of a firehouse??? Beyond tacky. Furthermore, did I read somewhere that he's a volunteer firefighter? If so, it's even a little weirder. If I'm wrong, I hope someone will correct me.

I am seriously tired of all the pinched, polished, pulled, and plugged faces on ALL the housewives. WTH??? It's so unnatural looking. I'm just an ordinary old lady and I can tell plastic surgery and fillers from a mile away. Who do they think they're fooling?

• Love 3

Amber was on WWHL acting like she was in  total dismay about how she and little Jimmy are being perceived by the public. She kept saying that SHE was attacked, that she was the victim. I get that she thinks that, because Nicole kind of went ballistic, but she totally seems to dismiss her part where she was gossiping to Melissa WHILE BEING FILMED or little Jim's nasty comments to the others at the party and in his TH (why does he get a TH anyway?). A caller asked why, if Little Jim had an ethical problem being with Joe Gui, why did she agree to be on the show. Her answer was typical stupid, that being on RHONJ was her "dream" and he agreed. Even if that was the case, he could have not filmed at all, like Dina's ex, or certainly not done THs. Seems to me that Jimmy thought this show would be a good vehicle to promote his "bank" (his word not mine), and when things got hot he turned into a little bitch on camera and is now facing the blowback. As for this show being anyone's dream is just pathetic. And I thought Little Jim was a mortgage broker not a bank. He said he ran an unregulated mortgage company. WTF is that? I thought anything having to do with money or loans was highly regulated. 

I think an unregulated mortgage company is when a guy loans you money out of his car and, when you don't pay the weekly vig, he and his buddies come over and break your kneecaps.  I'm glad I learned something from watching The Sopranos.

• Love 6
If you're willing to sell your soul to Satan for money and 'fame,' okay, but I get the impression that Amber and Tiny Jim thought they'd stand apart from the other dingbats and be held up and admired. Surprise! 

That's the impression I got, too. I'm sure Jim was counting on the audience's distaste for the Guidices to help support his view of being a "good guy" taking on the criminals.

Anyway, the man is just so incredibly ridiculous, all I could do was laugh at him like the Joes.

I loved her take on Melissa stirring it and then sitting back and snickering. 

Well, if anybody knows about shit-stirring and then slinking away, it's Dina.

Pretty rich of Dina to call out Matt on not being bright, considering her bestie has the IQ of one of her 500 pairs of hooker heels. And, yeah, getting tattooes on camera is played out.

I can't believe all the THs Bobby is getting, and he's not even a husband. At least he's relatively likeable and articulate.

Melissa is looking fantastic this season.

• Love 1

The biggest bitch move from Jim was him revealing things Bobby confided in him. What man hasn't complained about his wife or girlfriend to his friends at least once. C'mon, women do the same with their close friends. Jim acts more like a bitchy teenage girl than a grown man. I'm sure he's said things about Amber to Bobby as well. 

I'm glad you mentioned this, because in all the douchebaggery that came from this prick last night, this kinda fell through the cracks, but it really was the worst. To break his friend's confidence, to "out" such bitchy insults, and to do so on camera, it really goes to his character. I can't even.....

• Love 5

I have no strong feelings about Dina one way or the other, but the heels I saw are just... regular-woman shoes. Not that hookers can't be "regular" women, of course. That's sometimes what shoes with heels look like, no? They're  (the style, if not the $$$ brands that Dina has) in just about any shoe store around.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3
Did anyone see the fire station mural on the wall in Bobby's dining room? It looked juvenile and who wants to look at that while eating?

Bobby is "that guy" who is a total fireman/cop wannabe while in real life sells cars. So he paints his dining room with a mural of a fire truck and fire station that looks to be painted by a 7 year old. My understanding is that he a volunteer fireman. My guess he's the guy who hangs out at the fire station all the time and wears his fireman t-shirt wherever he goes. BTW, you know that a RH character has no story line when they have to sink to filming the obligatory shooting range scene.  

• Love 2

Volunteer firemen are just as important as paid firemen the only difference is they don't get paid.  They still do the same dangerous jobs as paid firemen.  My Town only has volunteer firemen and they do a terrific job from  fires to car accidents to having demonstrations in the school...etc.  I am very thankful for the men and women who volunteer for our Town.

• Love 17

That mural made me realize Bobby is just as douchey as Jim. I wonder if they had contests to see who could out-douche the other?

I'm eating healthier right now and that frozen hot chocolate made my stomach growl furiously last night. It looked so good.

My Dina love probably won't last but it's through the roof right now from last night. She went easy on Jim in my opinion. I can't imagine what I'd do if someone spoke to me like that.

His douchebaggery definitely could have deserved a harsher response, but I really loved how she stayed calm while putting him in his place. It just made him look ten times worse. 

That's the impression I got, too. I'm sure Jim was counting on the audience's distaste for the Guidices to help support his view of being a "good guy" taking on the criminals.

That's exactly what it was. He was like, "Everyone hates the Giudices, so if I come out really strong against them, everyone will see what a moral, upstanding guy I am and love me". No thanks, I'd rather play cards with the criminal. 

They are also reporting that Jaq has been rehired. ACK!!!

If this is true I'm going to stop watching. (Okay, how many times have I said this in regards to a RH show???)

• Love 8

I liked Jim's rant about respect and "decor" when he was telling Joe Go to back up. Missing a syllable there, Jim (decorum?).

Are we sure the "mural" was permanent and not only there for the party?

Jim and Amber are both morons. I need to see some receipts. You know, being smarter than Joe Gorga/Teresa Giudice doesn't mean "smart".

• Love 4

That's exactly what it was. He was like, "Everyone hates the Giudices, so if I come out really strong against them, everyone will see what a moral, upstanding guy I am and love me". No thanks, I'd rather play cards with the criminal. 

That's hilarious! And I totally agree. Does this asshole think he looks moral and upstanding by using words like "prosecute" or "Attorney General?" Especially now that we know he doesn't do anything close to prosecuting, and instead is a rat.

• Love 4

Amber said she "heard" the rumor about Nicole. She should have never repeated it when she was supposed to be friends with Nicole. Melissa should never have repeated it to Nicole, it wasn't her place.

Jim is a little bitch who speaks to people like they are dirt #4 when confronted by the women Jim changed his story 3 times. It went from I wanted to spend time with my family to I didn't want to be around alcohol & the guys might fight to finally it was his job. So, why not just say "due to my job, I didn't feel comfortable being around them & didn't want to make anyone else feel awkward"? There wasn't any reason to call Joe Gorga a "dumb f*#k" (even if he is at times). There wasn't any reason to insult the women's IQ (not saying they are bright but that wasn't called for).

I don't get why Amber would assume Bobby would choose her over the woman he's in a relationship with. Even if's it only been 8 months, why would his friends wife come before his girlfriend? I'm really over Amber & "the cancer" too.

Dina was spot on in how she handled Jim. She was however a fool to stay & wait for a guy she just met who was that late on their 1st date. He didn't call or text. He supposedly had a flat tire. Does that mean his phone stopped working too. I would have waited maybe 20 minutes then left.

What happened to the guy picking you up for a date? Why all the way in the city? Why was she talking about sex being expected when it was clearly a day light thing? Did she take a cab all the way back to Jersey?

So many questions.

• Love 1

She probably took the cab to wherever her car was parked, or to the train. I don't actually mind meeting someone for a date; if I don't like him, I can leave whenever I want. Or, if he's a crazed maniac, he won't know where I live or shove me into a trunk (when I'm not watching this nonsense, I tend to keep the Discovery ID channel on the TV). 

• Love 8

What happened to the guy picking you up for a date? Why all the way in the city? Why was she talking about sex being expected when it was clearly a day light thing? Did she take a cab all the way back to Jersey?

So many questions.

I was wondering that same thing about the taxi...don't they live near each other in NJ? 

The sex thing was ridiculous but I do think Dina was nervous but her BS about not being with another man for 20 years is a crock of sh*t.  She has not been married to Tommy that long.

I liked Jim's rant about respect and "decor" when he was telling Joe Go to back up. Missing a syllable there, Jim (decorum?).

Thank you! I had no idea what he was saying. I just assumed there was some new kewl lingo I wasn't getting.

So, just to be clear...Jim is an expert witness, an assistant prosecutor, the right hand of the Department of Justice, and the CEO and CFO of the most important mortgage business in the world. He's not an attorney but he's passed the bar -- and he will depose you for 8 hours and make you his bitch. 

I felt a little (only a little) bad for Teresa when she was trying to get an answer out of him about whether or not he was actually working with the prosecutors on THEIR case, because I could see the anxiety wave on her face. And that twit couldn't even answer her because he's so bent on purveying his own importance. She was RIGHT in her confusion, though: the act of talking to a man who at that time had NOT been convicted of fraud whose case Jim is NOT associated with isn't a conflict of interest

He drew all this negative attention to himself because he's got a Napoleon complex. And probably a small penis, like Joe Gorga said. I hope he falls spectacularly on his own sword, even if he doesn't have far to fall. I'm short myself, so I can say this in good conscience.

• Love 12
I get the impression that Amber and Tiny Jim thought they'd stand apart from the other dingbats and be held up and admired. Surprise!

Absolutely.  They consider themselves a cut above the Giudices and Gorgas of this world.  Completely blind to their own faults, they came in thinking they'd be the voice of the people against the criminal element, the outrageous brawling element, and the shit stirring element.  Even after everything went wrong at the party, Amber still came into the lunch with Melissa loaded for bear about her starting trouble and backing out.  And yes, it's true... but you were there, honey, and she didn't run with anything you didn't give her.

I'm sure they read social media on the show, planned their approach, congratulated themselves incessantly on how their business would prosper as they became Bravolebrities, and like the obnoxious egotists on Survivor who start playing too hard, too soon, they're flabbergasted that it all went so wrong, so fast. 

Amber was positively shell shocked on WWHL.  If they were able to recover at some point during the rest of the season, I think she would have just sat back and said "Keep watching...." with a sly smile.  The fact that she didn't indicates to me that she spends the rest of the season convinced that whatever is heaped upon her, she's the darling of the viewers, so she keeps doubling down.

And now it's all on tape, there's no going back, and she knows she's got 2 months of God knows what about to play out.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 8

So many questions.

Exactly. We did see her leave in a cab & it looked like he gave the cab driver money. So maybe he paid for her trip home. Either way, it was a sill story & Dina is really boring. Other than her interaction with Jim, which I thought she was spot on, she's added nothing to the show for me.

• Love 1

Thanks, Pollock! I wonder if that's actually on the walls, or some sort of thing they stuck up there for the party? I don't think it's as awful as others do (or an indicator of what kind of guy Bobby is), but it does seem more suited to a child's playroom than what appears to be a formal dining area. 

• Love 4
Amber was positively shell shocked on WWHL.  If they were able to recover at some point during the rest of the season, I think she would have just sat back and said "Keep watching...." with a sly smile.  The fact that she didn't indicates to me that she spends the rest of the season convinced that whatever is heaped upon her, she's the darling of the viewers, so she keeps doubling down.

And now it's all on tape, there's no going back, and she knows she's got 2 months of God knows what about to play out.

And the producers probably encouraged it by telling them they're getting the sweetheart edit, and to just keep doing what [you're] doing.

I'm seeing many, many Twitter suspensions in l'il Jim's future.

• Love 2

Dangit--I missed Amber on WWHL

You can watch it online.  The best part of WWHL was that David Arquette was on and basically co-signed that Jim is a bitch.  Amber did not like that one bit.  Then Andy showed all the clips of Jim and you cans see David laughing in the background and Amber has a look of horror on her face.  It was frickin awesome.

Rosie and Joe - I love their love and it made me go find the hysterical mini videos of them on bravo.

• Love 4

Dina's faults and flaws have been well enumerated here, and I agree with most. But for one night, and perhaps one night only, I love her. She's at freakin' Serendipity and believes her date is not showing up, so does she leave with her head hanging down? Hell no! She orders a frozen hot chocolate, with an order of fries on the side because you always need salty to counter sweet, and digs in. Even after Mr. Musclehead waltzed in and ordered his "just a coffee". You go Dina; eat like you want and to hell with what he might think.

• Like 1
  • Love 8

I will never forgive Jim for making me side with Joe Gorga.  I can't stand JoeGo, but I was with him on this one.

Same here! I don't like the Gorga's but I felt bad for Joe. Amber and Jim are making me side with the Gorgas - another reason for me to hate them. I don't like violence on these show and in real life I wouldn't hit anyone unless I was defending myself, family or a friend against a physical attack BUT God help me, I was sooo hoping JoeGo was going to beat down Jim, punch him in his smarmy, smart ass mouth.

• Love 3

Amber was on WWHL acting like she was in  total dismay about how she and little Jimmy are being perceived by the public. She kept saying that SHE was attacked, that she was the victim. I get that she thinks that, because Nicole kind of went ballistic, but she totally seems to dismiss her part where she was gossiping to Melissa WHILE BEING FILMED or little Jim's nasty comments to the others at the party and in his TH (why does he get a TH anyway?).

No husbands on any of the franchises have as many TH's as the NJ husbands.  It started with the addition of the Wakiles and Gorgas. At one point, I thought they should just put Joe Gorga in a dress, give him a blog and make him an official HW.  Bravo has involved the husbands to the point where it's just another thing wrong with the show.  You hardly ever saw Albert Manzo, Joe Guidice, Chris Laurita TH's.  But Joe Gorga and Richie opened the floodgates, I guess.

I've been reading the rumors about Teresa being fired.  Interesting, but I'm not putting much in it at this point.  Bravo knows she's a huge draw - take her out of the cast and they got nothing right now.  Melissa Gorga  (and Dina) can't carry the show with the other clowns they cast this season.

Of course, they may lose Teresa anyway, and I think Bravo is just waiting to see what happens. It would not surprise me if Joe Guidice goes to prison, and Teresa does not, there's a spinoff in it for her. 

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 1

Congratulations Marcheses! You actually made the Giudices and Gorgas look good! And that's really hard to do.

I won't reiterate again what an obnoxious little pussy Jim Marchese is. Apologies to my 100-lb Akita mix as that's his nickname (we're pretty sure he thinks it means "good dog"). Ya'll have covered that so snarkily wonderfully.

While watching though I did say to my husband "did they really put chickens next to the dog kennel?". Saw later how that worked out. I mean I know they're not exactly Mensa candidates (unlike Amber and Jim!) - but really? My husband is the one who noticed the "fireman" mural. He went WTF is that? It looks like the Thomas the Train mural my BIL painted in my 3-yr old nephews bedroom (except my BIL has actual talent). And yes, I think it's permanent too.

But kudos again to Juicy for continuing to be the most entertaining person on the show. Him putting on the badge and pretending to be Jim the ADA was pretty funny. If he wasn't going to jail IMO he'd be the one who should get the spin-off (as long as I didn't have to watch Teresa for prolonged periods). Which is my last point. Why didn't these bitches (namaste) take off their eye make-up for the facial? Teresa's looked particularly horrid. Time for a new make-up artist.

• Love 2

Jim Marchese is the type of guy who goes to the neighborhood bar and bets on a Super Bowl pool, loses and then blows the whistle on the bar for an illegal gambling scheme.  Then he tells the owner's wife her husband is making fun of her when she is not around.  It is amazing to me this guy is still walking around.

What an incredibly loathsome creature that has the perfect spouse in Amber.  

• Love 17

The show would be nothing without Tre.  And I don't mean just Tre.  I mean everyone that goes with her.....Joe, the girls, Rosie, the parents (both sets), the chickens, the cooking....everything.  Some of my favorite moments were when Tre and the family along with her parents were making homemade sauce with tons of fresh plum tomatoes or that time they were all making homemade sausage.  I liked those scenes.  Joe and Rosie together make me laugh and laugh.  I like watching her girls too.  Nah.....none of the other girls would be able to hold the show.

• Love 3