Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

Scarlett45

S01.E03: Chapter 3

Recommended Posts

Quote

Sunja discovers surprising new details about Hansu. Solomon looks to his grandmother for help.

Air Date: March 25, 2022

Share this post


Link to post

I didn’t even like the book that much, but I’m hooked.

Koh Hansu is an asshole, and Sunja should stay far, far away. The nerve of him accusing her of trying to trap him into marriage when he was the one that has a family on the side, which he conveniently didn’t tell her before he started hooking up with her.

I know it’s easy to side-eye Isak as the Nice Guy in this situation, but I don’t think that’s the case here. I think, being a religious person, he just felt sorry for Sonja’s situation and having found respect for her reasons to keep the baby, despite the fact that she’ll wind up a pariah, he wanted to genuinely help her.

  • Love 6

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I didn’t even like the book that much, but I’m hooked.

Koh Hansu is an asshole, and Sunja should stay far, far away. The nerve of him accusing her of trying to trap him into marriage when he was the one that has a family on the side, which he conveniently didn’t tell her before he started hooking up with her.

I know it’s easy to side-eye Isak as the Nice Guy in this situation, but I don’t think that’s the case here. I think, being a religious person, he just felt sorry for Sonja’s situation and having found respect for her reasons to keep the baby, despite the fact that she’ll wind up a pariah, he wanted to genuinely help her.

It’s a classic line of men accusing women of becoming pregnant to “trap them”, when they know how babies are made, and they willingly chose to sleep with them. They are doing this is 2022!
 

I don’t think Isak is playing the “nice guy”, I think he is genuinely kind and does like her. Many people have loved children not biologically their own, and he knows what a hardship being a single mother would be on her and the child. Not like he’s already married like HANSU!!!!!!!

  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post

What a great episode! The whole season has been great so far, but this one is the standout. The actress who plays elderly Sunja knocked it out of the park (I know she's an Oscar winner, but still), and the actors who play Solomon, teenage Sunja, and Sunja's mother are great as well.

With Hansu being married, it makes a lot more sense why he went after Sunja and not the girl from the more privileged family who was throwing herself at him. He equates Sunja's poverty with lack of dignity, like she should be happy to publicly live as his mistress and raise his bastard child(ren).

On 3/26/2022 at 6:55 AM, Spartan Girl said:

I know it’s easy to side-eye Isak as the Nice Guy in this situation, but I don’t think that’s the case here. I think, being a religious person, he just felt sorry for Sonja’s situation and having found respect for her reasons to keep the baby, despite the fact that she’ll wind up a pariah, he wanted to genuinely help her.

 

On 3/26/2022 at 6:44 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t think Isak is playing the “nice guy”, I think he is genuinely kind and does like her. Many people have loved children not biologically their own, and he knows what a hardship being a single mother would be on her and the child. Not like he’s already married like HANSU!!!!!!!

I agree that he is genuinely kind, plus he told Sunja that he's been sick all his life and didn't think he would ever marry, so this is pretty much the only chance for him to have a family just like it's the only chance for her.

  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post

This was such a great episode. All of the actresses playing Sunja are fantastic. I never expected Hansu to stay with Sunja, but I was surprised he was married already. Not that it changes much, as I don't think he'd had stayed even if he was single. As soon as Isak bumped into Hansu on his way to the boarding house I figured he'd "save" Sunja. Then his letter to his parents confirmed it. He seems like a genuinely kind person. I'm glad their paths crossed. No wonder she's so kind to the Pastor in present day.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Natalie25 said:

This was such a great episode. All of the actresses playing Sunja are fantastic. I never expected Hansu to stay with Sunja, but I was surprised he was married already. Not that it changes much, as I don't think he'd had stayed even if he was single. As soon as Isak bumped into Hansu on his way to the boarding house I figured he'd "save" Sunja. Then his letter to his parents confirmed it. He seems like a genuinely kind person. I'm glad their paths crossed. No wonder she's so kind to the Pastor in present day.

I said in a previous episode that Hansu was SHADY, the way he was acting, he didn't mean her any good, and for all of their private talks by the river and hot sex, if he was serious about her (assuming he wasn't already married) he would meet her publicly, ask her mother if he could take her out. But oh no, if you notice he hasn't acknowledged her in public at all.

I just feel bad for Sunja- I get why she fell for this, she is so young, he is hot and worldly, but there was no way this was going to end well. But Sunja is no fool, she knows where she made a misstep, and I think she and Isak could actually fall for each other given time. 

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post

The actor that plays Isaak is HOT. Glad he’s a nice person as well and helped Sunja out since his mom saved his life.
 

This show is very good. I’m not looking forward to meeting Hana- she seems like a piece of work and to why Solomon is still carrying a torch for her. Blah.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size