Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E21: Nominations #7 / Battle of the Block Comp #7

• Start Topic

It's bad enough that CBS regularly runs an hour late for The Amazing Race because of football.  Now it's golf?  Golf?? Two hours late?  It shows an absolute disregard for viewers of their Sunday night lineup.  I care enough to wait an hour for TAR, but two hours for Big Brother.  Probably not.

• Love 6

In Canada. they planned a two-hour delay (not that they let us know first), because they're airing the Teen Choice Awards. :(  It's pretty annoying, especially for those of us that have to get up early for work. (5 a.m.) Usually I catch the 8 p.m. showing. Highly inconsiderate, I think. I expected I could get it earlier by switching to CBS. Isn't it customary to put the show that was delayed by the golf on first? They could easily have put 60 Minutes on at 10. Especially since the part I saw went on and on about the guy that supplied that baseball player with testerone (and human growth hormone, I think). For non-sports lovers like myself, it's completely nauseating. I thought CBS was oriented towards seniors, but it seems as if they care much more about sports fans. No wonder people are ditching the main channels for specialty cable shows. I am Extremely Frustrated.

• Love 4

Sports = Money that's all there is to it. They'd delay any network show in order to provide a complete sports program. It sucks but it's the truth. I can't believe though that this is the second time we've been delayed for golf. Golf! And two hours is just out of control...

• Love 2

That was a reeeeaally good episode. I did not realize Zach attempted to do the competition himself. What an idiot.

I stand and slow clap Caleb though. He was amazing in that scene, refusing to play.  Great episode.

Oh and I HATE Frankie.

• Love 5

"That was for you, Grandpa! That was for you Ariana! Here's to team Grande!" and then "I think it's time to tell the house my big secret". Um, Frankie? I think you just did.

BTW, how stupid of Caleb to sit that competition out. He needed to participate and screw up. These people are unbelievably dumb.

• Love 12

I was personally bummed that they edited out my favorite part of Frankie's talk in the Bee Hive with Nicole and Christine, which was in the middle of all his important statements, he sniffed and said, "I just farted, and it smells like death.  It really does smell terrible."  Zero reaction from the women, but I laughed at how deadpan he was.  Serious talk means everyone needs to be very serious when someone floats an ass bomb!

At this point, I can't even remember if it's true what Nicole said about Amber - that Frankie told her to lie about what Amber said to pit Caleb against her.  These people have flopped around and lied so much that I am honestly not sure if she just "revealed" that to make Caleb mad enough to throw the competition, or if it actually happened.

so...hey, I just realized that I got so screwed up by the huge delay in airing the episode, that I thought it was over after the nominations ceremony and cut the TV off.  And missed the BoB.  GREEEAAATTTT.

Edited by Irritable
  • Love 3

Nothing delights me more than when Caleb says, "That's why *they* call me Beast Mode Cowboy!" or "*They* don't call me Beast Mode Cowboy for nuthin!" Who is *they*?!

Zach's feud with Frankie does look a little fake. I understand he was crying alone so maybe he really is going through something, but the way he was talking to Frankie seemed a little rehearsed just like all his other bad boy antics.

Edited by Morbs
  • Love 4

[snip]It's pretty obvious the competition wasn't rigged. [snip]

Caleb is a massive hypocrite for saying several times he'd vote for the winner based on how he or she fought in and won competitions. What he did was shameful.

So nobody made the connection that Ariana Grande was Frankie's sister when he actually yelled out the names "Grande (pronounced Grahn-day)" and "Ariana" after his win? Really?

Edited by Stinger97
Avoid snarking on posters.
  • Love 3

Caleb couldn't have known that Frankie was going to win by himself and he had already let Frankie know that the plan was to leave him on the block.  And who would have thought that Zach and Donny would lose in the two-versus-one challenge?  I actually believe that this is the best Caleb has come off on a broadcast episode.  Frankie, on the other hand, got the edit of a fallen superstar.  It was delightful to watch.

• Love 1
So nobody made the connection that Ariana Grande was Frankie's sister when he actually yelled out the names "Grande (pronounced Grahn-day)" and "Ariana" after his win? Really?

That is exactly what I was thinking! But I figure maybe they were all confused/angry/surprised that Frankie won on his own and weren't paying attention to the exact words he was saying. 

Caleb should have played and actually sabotaged it. Letting Frankie play alone gave him an opportunity, but if forced to play with Caleb there wouldn't have been anything Frankie could have done. I think playing alone might actually have been an advantage once he got the hang of it.

• Love 4

Nothing delights me more than when Caleb says, "That's why *they* call me Beast Mode Cowboy!" or "*They* don't call me Beast Mode Cowboy for nuthin!" Who is *they*?!

The voices inside his head.

Frankie, on the other hand, got the edit of a fallen superstar.

I thought he got close to a "Rocky" edit, as the one who defied the naysayers and surmounted all odds to win. I also think the game was rigged and that's why he was allowed to play alone.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 2

These people are a complete mess. Except Derrick. Derrick is so focused at all times, he's going to breeze through these people. Nicole? Derrick has never lied to you and you trust him the most? Are you mental?

Cody and Victoria who?

I know it's wrong of me, but I enjoyed the hell out of the Caleb/Frankie interaction. The best part was the fifteen seconds where Frankie kept repeating "look at me, look in my eyes" and Caleb was trying his damnedest to look anywhere other than Frankie's eyes. Awesome.

Kudos to Frankie for pulling that off, with an unintentional assist from Zach who once again proves he cannot handle stressful competitions.

• Love 4

Great episode! I don't understand why Caleb didn't just play in the easiest competition to throw ever? It made no sense for him to just sit there and watch. But that's Caleb for you. He probably decided he wanted the trip more than he wanted Frankie to fail.

Well, that should have been beautiful but like always, Frankie. Ruins. Everything. Caleb should have just taken the one chain and held it instead of giving Frankie a chance.

And how does Frankie see this working out? "Oh you're a lying backstabing conniver but I'm so TOTALLY going to be your best friend now that I know your sister is some big superstar, we get backstage passes right BUDDY???" Yeah, I'm guessing that isn't going to work like he thinks it will work... I hope we see a montage of his "big reveal" to people with them saying 'Okay, but umm who's that??' Frankie acts like his sister is in the freakin' Beatles or something.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 3

I was wondering why Caleb didn't stand up and insist to play once he saw that Frankie was winning. Perhaps the producers told him he could sit out, but it had to be for the entire competition? Either way, it was incredibly silly of him not to simply compete and throw it. 

I'm team Nicole as of now, even though I've spent the majority of the season finding her voice grating and her gameplay lacking. If only she could catch a break.

• Love 1

Morbs?  Putting that soundbyte up was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.  Didn't know we could do that.  I Zankie you!  Also, thanks for clearing up that grey area. 

Zach keeps up his solid record of freaking out during a challenge and then berating himself later for not keeping a level head.  Maybe there will be a consolation prize for that.

• Love 4

I'm warming to Caleb. He doesn't hide in the background, but gives it everything he's got, including pawning himself. He's nice to look at, including with no hair.  It's just too bad he has such an Amber fixation. I wonder if that's happened to him before, or if she is his first female compulsion.

• Love 1

He didn't give it everything he got in the BotB competition, though. I don't think his family's very proud of his behavior as seen on tonight's show.

Edited by TimWil

Caleb was so hell bent on sitting out that he didn't realize that playing to lose would have been the best option.

His mom is right. He's not the brightest crayon in the bunch.

Thanks Caleb, we have yet another week of Frankie to endure.

• Love 5

Why, I do! All the time. 

I almost made myself sick writing that. However, in Caleb's mind, I'm sure there is a world outside the BB house just filled with multiple adoring Ambers, saying it over and over again as they swoon at the sight of him. 

It may have been easier to do singlehandedly, once the player got the hang of it (unless the player is Zach). It also would have been really easy for Caleb to sabotage it while looking as if he was playing. Keeping a careful track of where the other team was at, and allowing a little tremor in his hand from time to time, or some miscommunication would have been all it took. 

I've been able to tolerate Frankie up until now. I think it would be rather tiring to be around someone who is "on" all the damn time, but I wasn't irritated by him until tonight. Now I find him incredibly irritating. At the end of the episode, all I could think was "Barf." I was hoping the power structure in the house would take some damage, but now I suppose Donny will go home, and I am saddened by that. 

There's no way the winners could attend a Thursday night football game, since they do a live show on Thursdays. I'm guessing a private viewing room of a taped game, complete with stadium snacks. I noticed that Derrick mentioned a football reward, but never actually said that the winners would attend an actual game. 

• Love 1

I think the primary reason Caleb sat out the comp was because he was told that Frankie pitted Amber against him, not Frankie saying to Christine that he should put up Cody, Zach, Derrick and Caleb. All roads (and bad decisions) continue to lead to Amber.

Edited by TimWil

Morbs?  Putting that soundbyte up was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.  Didn't know we could do that.  I Zankie you!  Also, thanks for clearing up that grey area. 

I agree! I clicked on it, and I was like, whaaaaaat?!? This is so cool, actual evidence and all, and it was so exciting, like listening to some secret testimony,

• Love 1

Ugh!  Caleb - while I get why you sat out - to protest against Frankie - Caleb's stubborn streak is his ultimate downfall:  It would have been so much more easy for him to throw it actually playing the game than sitting out.  But Caleb's inability to look Frankie in the eye gave us the best unintentional drama of the night:  simultaneously revealing Caleb is a bad liar and Frankie's Face as it dawned on him how (temporarily) screwed he is.  (I have no doubt there will be a 'reset' or some crap down the road like Coaches season if Frankie gets into REAL trouble.)  They kept SOOO much out of the episode last night that exposed Frankie's true asshatery that it's clear Frankie is the hands down TCO of the season.  (Had hoped that it wasn't Standard Practice this year to pre-determine who was going to win - but, sadly, certainly appears that Frankie is the 'One' this year, and Grodner is going to give him the edits and the 'comps' necessary to make him a 'stah!')

Donny and Vivisection were largely absent this episode.

Derrick deserves to win this season - he's so smooth it's scary.  Again, I maintain Frankie has already been chosen by production...but Derrick has every one of these people's numbers and he's playing them to perfection and he's in the middle of everything, yet never gets the 'visibility' towards his involvement that Frankie does.  It's truly admirable how well Derrick is staying under the radar while being smack dab in the middle of everything.  He must have had Dan's Mist reformulated...now with 2 x the Misting Power.  (Although the 'stroking his mustache' shot they had seemed like they tried to give it an 'evil' vibe...but just didn't come off that way.)

• Love 3
"That was for you, Grandpa! That was for you Ariana! Here's to team Grande!" and then "I think it's time to tell the house my big secret". Um, Frankie? I think you just did.

F** you, Frankie, with your fake **ing fakeness!  Everytning this tool does is so freaking calcualted, like he doesn’t have an honest emotion in his body.
And will anyone care when “the big bombshell” is dropped?
Which of these remaining hamsters is likely to listen to Ariana Grande??

Well, that should have been beautiful but like always, Frankie. Ruins. Everything. Caleb should have just taken the one chain and held it instead of giving Frankie a chance.

Caleb, Caleb, caleb!  Why did you not play and sabotage the game?? At least play to lose, if nothing else!

[snip]It's pretty obvious the competition wasn't rigged. [snip]

Much.

And, CBS? Enough with the pimo-o-mercials.  I know it happens every year, but I still hate it.  And this is particularly egregious because football has a sizable built-in-audience, and I ‘m not sure what the crossover is between BB and “Thursday Night Football”.

• Love 2

Ugh, I feel so badly for Nicole. She's really been the only HOH ready and willing to make big moves, but she has the worst luck. First she decides to try and backdoor Frankie, but stupid Christine wins the Veto and won't use it. So the next time Nicole is HOH she puts Frankie up immediately, and even gets one of his former alliance members to volunteer for the block and throw the comp - and Frankie fucking wins it single-handed! What. The. Fuck. Actually, Caleb didn't throw it. He sat it out. What he should have done was play, and make them lose. He's kind of a moron, that Caleb. 

I loved seeing everyone turn on Frankie and I'm just so so bummed their plan didn't work! 

And is this the only time Victoria has NOT been nominated? Wow. 

• Love 3
Zach who once again proves he cannot handle stressful competitions.

I find it hilarious how he constantly brags about how great he will be in competitions, but he chokes every single time. Even with the HOH comp - he decides it would be better to just pick one first than actually reading the question? He sucks. 

• Love 1

I would love to see the contract these people sign. Wonder if it's online somewhere. I would guess that it says something about how production is allowed to make some decisions that 'may affect the outcome'. 

I'm sure it's closely guarded - but yeah...that would make for an interesting read.

Edited by BeatrixK

Pretty embarrassing for Zach/Donny that.

I don't think Donny should be embarrassed.  Zach spazzed out and lost.  I do think it demonstrated why Donny is not made to play this game.  He let Zach take over, then hesitantly (almost stuttering) suggested Zach let him step back in.  I think they both may have been affected by the obvious assumption that Caleb's refusal to play meant an automatic win for them.

Caleb should have played and actually sabotaged it. Letting Frankie play alone gave him an opportunity, but if forced to play with Caleb there wouldn't have been anything Frankie could have done. I think playing alone might actually have been an advantage once he got the hang of it.

Maybe it wasn't playing alone that inspired Frankie.  We've seen many times how a HG pulls out a win when everyone is against them.  I hate to admit this (because it surely means the manipulation worked), but I felt a little for Frankie.  I don't like him, he annoys me to no end, I hope he goes home, but .......  I always find it difficult when a player is told - "No one likes you.  In fact, we all hate you and we're sabotaging your game."  I know I'm a sucker and I'm sure the feeling will pass, but watching it slowly dawn on him, and knowing he was trapped and had no option to call out the house because they were ready to start the comp - Sigh.  My empathy kicked in involuntarily.  It didn't help that he looked like a fifty year old man being picked on by the young popular people.  That was true emotion that kicked in when he won, not his stupid over the top "on" behavior.  I'm sure it was edited to high heaven, but he wasn't even all - "Fuck you bitches, you can't take me down!" - like Janelle.

Great episode! I don't understand why Caleb didn't just play in the easiest competition to throw ever? It made no sense for him to just sit there and watch. But that's Caleb for you. He probably decided he wanted the trip more than he wanted Frankie to fail.

For all his many, many faults, it would seem Caleb is as honest as his delusions allow him to be.  I found him shockingly likeable when he became almost emotional when Frankie was forcing him to look in his eyes.  Caleb's voice almost trembled and it seemed he had to dredge up that anger to follow through.

There's no way the winners could attend a Thursday night football game, since they do a live show on Thursdays. I'm guessing a private viewing room of a taped game, complete with stadium snacks. I noticed that Derrick mentioned a football reward, but never actually said that the winners would attend an actual game. 

It seems to me that any reward that exposes them to people or production outside the house could be an unfair advantage.  Frankie could be told something that exposes a secret - Derrick's for example.  He could also be told how he's being viewed by the public, or how another player is manipulating things.  Isn't that the reason they banned family and friends from hiring a plane to display a banner to the HGs?

It would be interesting to find out if Frankie is forced to share the reward with Caleb.  If not, is he allowed to choose someone else, and would they accept?  If he were smart, he would choose Derrick.  Derrick was visibly excited by the reward, and is obviously in charge of everything.  I don't think Derrick is vulnerable to Frankie's manipulation, but it would be worth a shot.  If anything Frankie could point out that everybody hates him now, so he's a sure bet to take to the final two.

• Love 2

Agh. If Frankie wasn't already insufferable enough, I can't imagine how he'll be after winning that comp singlehandedly. Sigh...

Although I don't think it was legitimately fixed in his favor, I do feel like in general, because it was physically possible to work both chains by yourself, it would technically be easier to work the platform by yourself rather than with another person. That's where the communication comes into play and can screw you up. But Frankie could just do it all by himself. I also thought that it was just the editing making it look like he was doing well but then it was legitimately tied and I was freaking out. I couldn't believe that he was going to pull that off. I assumed he would be screwed for this one, but production would make sure that the Veto comp would be one that Frankie would easily win.

I also appreciated that sound byte from Caleb talking about how production wouldn't let him step back in. Of course they wouldn't. That would sabotage Frankie's win. Gaahhh!

• Love 1