Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E17: Can't Knock The Hustle

• Start Topic

Featuring an old face! Airing April 7, 2022:

When Donnelly's version of events don't match up to what Stabler remembers about his father's heroic rescue on the job, Stabler turns to his friend and mentor Donald Cragen for help, sorting out the truths from the lies.

• Love 4
On 3/21/2022 at 2:07 AM, WendyCR72 said:

Featuring an old face! Airing April 7, 2022:

48 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

Yay!  The return of Cragen!!  I read this after I posted after the previous episode, so maybe after all...

Yes this is an SVU crossover I'm actually looking forward to! Maybe the episode after this will feature Fin stopping by for an hour of calling Elliot a jerk and teaming up with Bell to snark about white privilege?

• LOL 7

I’m sick of the Stabler soapy drama - I don’t care one iota if Stabler’s dad was dirty or not, it makes no difference now and it’s just there to give Stabler more angst. It’s too bad that shit is dragging down the otherwise interesting story of the corrupt cops.

And I was waiting the whole episode for Cragen to appear and we only got a brief scene at the end and it was all about Stabler’s dad - that was disappointing. It was nice to see Cragen again and I liked his words to Stabler about how his dad probably gave him the medal as a gesture hoping Stabler would do better than him, but I was hoping Cragen would be able to assist on the current case involving dirty cops and not just be relegated to comforting Stabler over his dad. And I would like to know more about what Cragen has been up to in his retirement.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Cragen sitting there justifying crooked cops because of era, no matter the era they had choices.

Damn Preston Webb is pretty ruthless, I thought he as going to let the other kid go. 

Was Nova saying Webb killed her father?

Edited by mommalib
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

And I was waiting the whole episode for Cragen to appear and we only got a brief scene at the end and it was all about Stabler’s dad - that was disappointing. It was nice to see Cragen again and I liked his words to Stabler about how his dad probably gave him the medal as a gesture hoping Stabler would do better than him, but I was hoping Cragen would be able to assist on the current case involving dirty cops and not just be relegated to comforting Stabler over his dad. And I would like to know more about what Cragen has been up to in his retirement.

I was hoping for at least a hug and a "Hey, sorry to hear about your dead wife."

• Love 3

I didn't expect anymore from the Cragen appearance than what was shown, so I was fine with it.  But yes, I did find his trying to justify what Stabler's dad and others of his era did.

I don't appreciate the Stabler family drama (but I didn't in SVU either).  I'm not sure why Stabler is so annoyed with his son but it obviously hinges around Elliot's dad and these issues he had with him that he's not trying to rehash or tell his son about.  Now whether or not his mom drops little nuggets here and there, that remains to be seen.  I see this all as part of the overall storyline with the corrupt cops.  When this line began I figured that Stabler was not going to come out of this without some (more) grief and that seems to be what's happening.

I hope Nova's brother doesn't accidently spill her secret to Webb because the guy didn't get to where he is by not being ruthless.  I get her wanting to protect her brother but doesn't seem like she can work on taking down Webb for her father's death and protecting her brother from the Webbs.

Obviously Stabler let Donnelly in on the diamond job to keep in good but now that it's gone awry (which it would have either way based on the dead diamond broker), it'll be interesting to see how long Elliot can keep his cover.  He's got to figure that if Santos has been taken into custody, there's at the possibility of a leak somewhere.

• Love 2

Why Bernie doesn’t show symptoms of PTSD from the Wheatley kidnapping?

Nova telling her brother the truth is a very risky move. She shouldn’t trust him.

Will Ayanna be doing the same and tell Denise about how corrupt Congressman Kilbride is.

Donnelly (accidentally) killing Hurley is sloppy.

So glad that Capt. Cragen is not preachy like Saint Olivia.👍🏻

It’s Frankie Rizzoli as the new ADA Keller Shapiro! 😱

F0CD727C-445A-41C3-8716-B477EAEEE173.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

It’s Frankie Rizzoli as the new ADA Keller Shapiro! 😱

F0CD727C-445A-41C3-8716-B477EAEEE173.jpeg

I knew I recognized him from somewhere. Thanks for the info. If I recall he was sort of a dweeb on R&I.

• Love 2

So how was the diamond heist supposed to end in anything but a disaster? Even if Clifton didn't find out he had fake diamonds until he was in the air, couldn't he just accuse his cop security guard shortly afterward? That would still put heat on the Brotherhood, right?

• Love 1

I don't recall anyone using gloves when they took the diamonds, or did they? Every cop has their fingerprints in a database and none of them had a reason to be inside that case.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Random note: Wow, Stabler is really bad at stalling! The whole coffee shop thing with him being like, "I'm just deciding on my order.....what time do you have? .......hm, do I want sugar today? ........Ah, smell that!" Not suspicious at all! Though I guess he just came across as a weirdo.

Note: My attempts to stall would not have been any better, but I'm also not an undercover cop!

• Love 5

It seems like that diamond heist was doomed to fail from the start, seems like a pretty questionable plan. 

I guess I don't hate the Stabler drama surrounding his dad, but I really hope we can move past it soon, or least more connect it to the actual story. We know that Stabler's dad wasn't that great of a guy, we don't need a whole major subplot to be about Stabler ruminating on his dad's questionable policing in the 70s. its not relevant, he's already dead! 

Nice seeing Cragen, but I am disappointed all they talked about was Stabler senior as he tried to justify the crap he pulled, instead of what's going on with Stabler lately or what Cragen's doing with his retirement. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, MarylandGirl said:

Random note: Wow, Stabler is really bad at stalling! The whole coffee shop thing with him being like, "I'm just deciding on my order.....what time do you have? .......hm, do I want sugar today? ........Ah, smell that!" Not suspicious at all! Though I guess he just came across as a weirdo.

Note: My attempts to stall would not have been any better, but I'm also not an undercover cop!

Let's see, what would I do as a UC?  "Accidentally" spill the tiny espresso cup, ask for another and start volunteering cleaning up the mess, apologizing to the barista.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

Let's see, what would I do as a UC?  "Accidentally" spill the tiny espresso cup, ask for another and start volunteering cleaning up the mess, apologizing to the barista.

Oh, that's smart!

I'd get something that takes longer than an espresso, like a latte or macchiato requiring foam or if that coffee shop had the equivalent of a Frappuccino, though I guess that could affect Stabler's cover, if he got a sweet frozen drink! Maybe some sort of sandwich, too.

And agreed with the other poster that the diamond heist seemed questionable from the start.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, MarylandGirl said:

Oh, that's smart!

I'd get something that takes longer than an espresso, like a latte or macchiato requiring foam or if that coffee shop had the equivalent of a Frappuccino, though I guess that could affect Stabler's cover, if he got a sweet frozen drink! Maybe some sort of sandwich, too.

And agreed with the other poster that the diamond heist seemed questionable from the start.

Stabler should have gone on a little soliloquy about how much he missed the coffee in Italy from his years of living there. It's like he and Eli have just completely forgotten that they used to live there. 

• Love 3