Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E16: Welcome to the Man Code

• Start Topic

In harboring a secret, Calvin struggles with whether to share the info with Tina. Also, Dave becomes concerned about Gemma's growing closeness to a coach at her school

Airdate: 03/21/2022

Gemma is a school principal.  She should know what text emojis mean, and not been OK with the soccer coach texting 🍑 instead of the word peach.  Just for appearances and propriety's sake.

They missed an obvious joke!  When Gemma described the soccer coach as Chris Hemsworth after saying he and his wife were trying to lose weight, Dave should have said something about "Fat Thor" from Endgame.

I thought the Gemma subplot was dumb and could have been eliminated. I'm glad Claire found out about her cheating husband, and I loved that she smashed the windshield! (I'm not ok with that generally but it's ok on a TV show. And the reactions of Calvin's staff were hilarious!)

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Fun to see Bill Bellamy, and the wife was played by Terri Vaughn, who played opposite Cedric on The Steve Harvey Show. They both look great!

That's who that was! I don't think I've seen Bill Bellamy since Fastlane. I still miss that show. I had to google where I recognized Terri Vaughn from. In case you were all curious, it was from Meet The Browns, heh. 

• Love 1

Very good episode with lots of great lines. I liked it when Calvin said "teeth whitening" and then did this grimace that was meant to be a smile. It was so off-beat and cute. And the resolution of the Gemma-Dave plot was also cute.

• Love 1

I never cared for the "actress" playing Gemma.  I think she is horrible, IMO.  The other adult actors are very good comedic actors and have great chemistry with each other...she is lacking on both.  I always thought she was the weakest link, but it was really noticeable in this episode.  

• Love 1